PDA

View Full Version : Canson MT Touch and tip

jackiesimmonds
01-16-2012, 04:15 AM
I know someone else has done a product report, but I did one some time ago for UK The Artist magazine; I felt I could not show it here until they published. It has been published now, so I have added it to my blog, with some slight changes, two images done on the surface, and a tip about layering. It's a bit long to put here, so do check it out on my blog if you are interested:

www.jackiesimmondsartyfacts.blogspot.com

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jan-2012/1805-athabasca_falls.jpg

robertsloan2
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the review. I love your painting and you were very thorough in describing it. Good stuff! Cool tips too. I hadn't thought of using waterproof India ink pens like Pitt pens or Pigma Microns for sketching under pastel, but it makes sense - pastels are opaque enough to completely cover the marks. If I wanted less dramatic marks I could always use a light gray Pitt pen.

jackiesimmonds
01-17-2012, 05:06 AM
Thanks Robert, and yes, the pens are great under pastels. In fact, any pen will work....but if they are waterproof, then subsequent watercolour washes wont ruin them. It's good not to fill the tooth of the paper. I sometimes have, in the past, not even bothered with watercolour washes of any kind; I have used felt pens to scribble in an underpainting.

barriespapa
01-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi Jackie, thanks for all the great info and i loved your athabasca falls.
I will certainly give the cards and the boards a try when my current supply gets a bit lower.
David

Turpintine45
01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Jackie your painting of the falls is wonderful, full of movement and great colours in the rocks. Like Robert I would not have thought of using pens under pastel so will try that out. Great tips and thanks for sharing your talents.