PDA

View Full Version : Is it Groundhog day AGAIN???

johndill01
01-10-2012, 04:58 PM
I responded at length to a post earlier today on views about Canson paper. Came back to see what other replies were made and found that all posts made earlier today were gone. Just dropped off the face of the earth. This is getting really old in a hurry. Everytime there is an upgrade, there are serious losses of posts and pics.

John

Karen Margulis
01-10-2012, 05:00 PM
It went away!! I wanted to respond to everyone and my post has disappeared! I hope they can fix it!!

Karen

Deborah Secor
01-10-2012, 05:03 PM
:lol: That is EXACTLY what it's like, John. Grrrrr....

Colorix
01-10-2012, 05:33 PM
We cheerfully get up every morning, to read and write exactly the same posts as the day before, the day before, the day be-

I could make a mild observation that since 2007, I've never seen a post reappear.

allydoodle
01-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Ummmmm......... it does appear that way doesn't it? I posted something on the sketch thread about 1 1/2 hours ago, and it's gone missing too. I thought I was going crazy, maybe I didn't hit the 'submit reply' button....... am I nutz?

I guess not, unless we all are :lol: . The boards have been very slow since this all started, I do think people are afraid to post anything, and now I see why....... must ask the powers that be what's up.....

I just noticed an announcement at the top of the forum, looks like they're playing with the gremlins and things can still happen..... (and it seems blips are happening as we speak). The techies are still working on the problems, and it seems they are still hoping to recapture the missing posts and threads. One can only hope they can..... I guess we should refrain from posting for now and give it a bit more time. I'm sure they're working hard at straightening everything out... :D I'm giving one big smile and thinking positively, all will be better I'm sure... (I'm a true optomist, I just can't help it :heart: )

Deborah Secor
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
And on Facebook:
In case you are wondering where your recent posts have disappeared to, we're in the middle of making updates that will hopefully restore the content missing from the maintenance upgrades this weekend. The site may have some hiccups during this process...

Hiccups? Seriously, hiccups?

Colorix
01-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Seems it burps, too. Um, I'm starting to think it is better the site keeps the gobbled up posts down.

Chris, bless you for being a cheerful optimist.

Right, as it hiccups, there is a poor techie working on it, bless him for trying.

Deborah Secor
01-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Maybe the techie should try holding his/her breath and drinking from a glass of water upside down. I'm not gonna be holding my breath, however!

allydoodle
01-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Seems it burps, too. Um, I'm starting to think it is better the site keeps the gobbled up posts down.

Chris, bless you for being a cheerful optimist.

Right, as it hiccups, there is a poor techie working on it, bless him for trying.

I know, maybe a bit too optomistic, but it's easier for me than griping, that just sends my BP up, not good. This way the BP stays down, I don't worry, and if it all goes bad anyway, I just say who cares? I can't control it, so why gripe, it won't help anyway....... just my crazy point of view! And, I'm hanging on the hope that there are some really good techies in there doing the right thing........ there's gotta be........ :crossfingers: Oh, and I'm not posting anything more of substance until I know things are straightened out :smug: , so there! :lol:

Colorix
01-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Chris, I *meant* it! it is way better to meet what happens with a good attitude (and not tend to a certain world-wise cynicism, as yours truly... who has trouble believing party lines).

It is not the end of the world. I can repost. I sincerely feel for the techie, making do with whatever resources he's been handed.

Deborah Secor
01-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Chris, I think of it more as rolling our eyes and laughing together--sort of the lifeboat mentality! :lol: Whatcha gonna do? But my innate optimism has fallen to the fact, as Charlie has pointed out, that since 2003 (in my case) I've never seen any missing threads restored. Still, I believe in miracles--and this would fall far short of that. :rolleyes: :lol:

allydoodle
01-10-2012, 07:35 PM
It is not the end of the world. I can repost. I sincerely feel for the techie, making do with whatever resources he's been handed.
Charlie, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , that's all I have right now, you're killing me :lol: :lol: ......

Chris, I think of it more as rolling our eyes and laughing together--sort of the lifeboat mentality! :lol: Whatcha gonna do? But my innate optimism has fallen to the fact, as Charlie has pointed out, that since 2003 (in my case) I've never seen any missing threads restored. Still, I believe in miracles--and this would fall far short of that. :rolleyes:

I believe in miracles too, one could happen someday......... :lol:

mollerman
01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
In one of the forum/threads they lost posts dating back to December 22nd! I am guessing I lost close to 100 posts...that's a lot of time spent on the WC for me! I'll try posting and hope my computer doesn't freeze up again?

johndill01
01-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Well, I'll have to give the techie's a tiny amount of "yes, they did" restore at least one thread. I have been following the Harley Brown thread and they did manage to restore at least part of the post's that went missing. That was a few hours ago, so no guarantee that they are still there. :-)

John

allydoodle
01-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Well, I'll have to give the techie's a tiny amount of "yes, they did" restore at least one thread. I have been following the Harley Brown thread and they did manage to restore at least part of the post's that went missing. That was a few hours ago, so no guarantee that they are still there. :-)

John

I reported that thread yesterday as having missing posts, so I'm glad they looked at it and fixed it - hopefully it will stick.

Deborah Secor
01-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Hope springs eternal.

Turpintine45
01-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Well life would be really boring if every day was the same. This way we can have a laugh about all this over and over and over and ..............:lol:
I suppose we could all have a giant painting session and just have a mad posting binge if and when everything is back to normal, whatever that is.

Ruthie57
01-11-2012, 04:24 AM
Wonder when it will be safe to go back in the water............

Colorix
01-11-2012, 06:29 AM
Hey guys, did you notice that there have been posts missing? ... posts missing ... posts missing...

What is that odd echo? I experience a mysterious déjà vu sensation...

Kathryn Wilson
01-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Deborah, this certainly does bring back memories ... of too many times that this has happened. I've been through this before and I do not have any hopes of this being back to what we conceive to be normal for WC, but would not on any other forum of this size.

F&W has let us down yet again.

Deborah Secor
01-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Ah HA! I knew it would come to this!

Occupy WC is a global demonstration of creativity and art!

We're starting the chants over in Watercolor... :lol:

CM Neidhofer
01-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Ah HA! I knew it would come to this!

We're starting the chants over in Watercolor... :lol:

Yeaaa! An event I can attend and never leave my desk!! :clap:

Deborah Secor
01-11-2012, 07:46 PM
CharM started it! (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14302092&postcount=32):lol:

where's your hippy heart? Imagine going back to the '60's... We shall overcome... Peace out and make love not war... Don't come a knockin' when the tent's a rockin'!

Or as OWS would chant:

This is what democracy looks like.
This is what hypocrisy looks like.

The people
united
will never be defeated.
The people
united
will never be defeated.

The whole world is watching.

:lol: :heart: :grouphug:

flowergirl
01-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Even though the lost posts suck (sorry, that is an annoying word but too applicable), reading this thread is totally entertaining! Husband is wondering what I'm giggling about!

Keep the laughter going!:lol:
Sharon

Deborah Secor
01-11-2012, 08:13 PM
:lol: Char is in the spirit! (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14313312&postcount=38) Gotta keep laughing, huh, Sharon?!

the drover's dog
01-13-2012, 08:22 AM
:lol: Char is in the spirit! (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14313312&postcount=38) Gotta keep laughing, huh, Sharon?!

Hey! That's an Aussie hat Char posted! Since when did we get off our backsides long enough to wave banners? This is the laid back continent.

Aah Deborah, your quotes vaguely jog my memories of the sixties. You know the old saying - If you can remember the sixties then you were not there. I was at University then and my memories are extremely smokey..... errr......I think I mean they are dim ;)

Dale