PDA

View Full Version : I'm New :) From RI :)

JGCahoon
01-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Hello All :) My name is Jennifer and I'm new to this community. :heart: I'm an art teacher in a high school in RI and a practicing artist. This past year, I decided to put together enough work for a solo show for the first time... It was time to cross that off of the bucket list. :wink2: I'm working primarily in acrylics, creating a series of surrealist belly dancers emerging from natural environments. I've also begun creating a series of portraits in oils, just because I've never done it before :) I'm interested in making prints of my work and beginning to sell it on sites like etsy... any other suggestions? I'm looking forward to "meeting" many of you! Best, Jennifer

JGCahoon
01-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Hello all. Read in the help section that I should search this forum for "tinyhead" so I can create a custom avatar.... no hits. Help? Thanks!

Jon
01-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Welcome to Wet Canvas, Jennifer!
I see you have discovered how to place an avatar.
I know you will enjoy exploring the many different Forums to be found here.
Please feel free to return to the New Users Forum at any time if you need any assistance with the site features.
FYI:
* You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
* Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
* There are “Stickys’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
* Clicking on your own username will present a drop down menu with numerous options including finding all of your own posts
* You can find the latest posts of the day by clicking on “new posts”
located center screen on the middle blue bar above your first post.
*There is a site Search feature in the upper blue bar to help you locate topics of interest. You can also use Google Advanced Search
by simply entering WetCanvas in the blank asking for domain name

JGCahoon
01-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks Jon,

What I'm trying to figure out is how to post a custom avatar... Having a heck of a time... Also, what's the difference between my profile pic and an avatar?

Much thanks,
Jennifer

AlaskaDan
01-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi and a warm welcome to the Wet Canvas Community :wave:

This is a very large site with a lot going on in the forums. Be sure to check out the subject and medium forums as well as some of the special interest forums. There is something here for every artist and all levels of expertise. All are welcome, so don’t be shy about posting or starting threads.

A good place to start your WC! experience is to read some of the articles in the links found in the signature lines of some of the mods and guides - they contain some very useful information which will help you to navigate and participate in WC!

If you have any problems, just drop back here to New Users and we’ll be happy to help.

Have fun and enjoy Wet Canvas! :)

gmarie
01-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Hello, & Welcome! to WetCanvas! Jennifer! :wave:
A profile photo is what members will see when they actually click on the link to your profile.
The avatar is the small photo that will be seen in each post each time you post.
Yorky is good at helping if you still need help.

PETE K
01-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Welcome to Wet Canvas . It's very nice to meet you.

As you know, there are Artists here from around the world with all levels of skill, styles and medium choices. You can find the medium or subject you work in by using the Forum Jump at the bottom right hand side of the page or the Channels menu at the upper left where it says (choose) (GO).

Guides and Moderators have Signature Lines at the bottom of their post to answer the most FAQs by new members. If you should need any more help feel free to come back and ask.
Please feel free to look around and enjoy our WC Community

plec
01-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Hello Jennifer, and a warm welcome to Wet Canvas, hope you enjoy your time here ,
In answer to your question , click on the "my wc" button at top left hand side of page. then click on "edit avatar" in the settings and options list on the left hand side of the page . then follow directions on the page, note the small size of image allowed.
Any problems come back to us here.
Best wishes, Ken