PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe Jan 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3

idylbrush
01-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Happy New years y'all!

Time to start a new month in a new year.

Kathrin G.
01-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Happy New Year to you too Howard :wave:
Another year has started and a chance to do it all over again. I have my New Years Resolutions list set for this year, even tho I didnt completely fulfill last years list :eek: :o But now I can start all over again, so all is not lost :)
Lets hope it will be a productive, happy and fulfilled year for everyone :clap: :crossfingers: :clap:

chammi kaiser
01-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Hi there everybody,
I am starting the New Year sleepy (too many loud fireworks last night so took to my book!) but full of resolve to be more creative, more productive and not such a procrastinator. Hope I can stick to that!!!

Howard. Happy New Year to you too. Good luck with your programme for 2012. Most of all I wish you a healthier year than last year.

Kathrin. I know what you mean. Still have lots of leftover resolutions from l2011. Hope you manage to fulfil your 2012 ones. Enjoy.

To all of you have a good New Year's Day. Off to lie on the couch , watch some taped stuff from last year and possibly just doze off. Mmmmm - bzzzzzz.

Hugs.

PattiLou
01-01-2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2012/125378-Happyny5.gif

A bright shiny New Year and we are off to a good start. I cleaned my desk this weekend, whew, been procrastinating on that and I can't stand a mess. Have a budget meeting tomorrow and then I can put all that mess to rest... and out of sight. :lol: Also cleaned up some computer files, did a major backup and I am ready for this year.

Stayed home safe and sound last night and listened to the fireworks in the neighborhood while watching a movie on TV. Heard sirens several times so was glad I stayed home.

Hope ya'll have a wonderful year full of good health and fine art.

Charlie's Mum
01-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Stayed home safe and sound last night and listened to the fireworks in the neighborhood - same here ...... DH slept through the soccer matches he was supposed to be watching!:rolleyes:

Because he was tired, we went to bed early and were woken with phone calls just after midnight! Serves him right ;) .... I was still awake!:lol:

Happy New Year all ............ no resolutions - I'd find ways not to keep them anyway!
I would like to be full of resolve to be more creative, more productive and not such a procrastinator. like Chammi!

We'll see! :lol:

Patti - like the avatar ...... I've been trying for the past week to change mine and it won't let me :(

Edit - well! waddya know - it let me change today!:clap:

Lady Carol
01-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Happy New Year everyone. If you are 12/21/12 believer that was your last new year that you will ever celebrate. Me, I will make the resolution that I always make. My new year resolution is one I make every year and I always manage to keep it. I resolve to make no resolutions. :lol:

I am worse for wear this morning. Partied a little too hearty last night. Got to bed at 3 and was up again at 8:30, not that I wanted too but I felt bad for the kitties across the road waiting for me to turn up to feed them.

Raymo
01-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Sure we're a lotta fireworks last night.

Kathrin G.
01-01-2012, 02:17 PM
.... but full of resolve to be more creative, more productive ......

Hmmm, sounds like you should give the DS challenge another thought so ;) :lol: Hope you had a good snooze :wave:

Patti, good on you girl :clap: Keep it up :thumbsup: :clap:
Maureen, love your new avatar :thumbsup:
Carol, hope your feeling better later :grouphug: Thats what you get for partying :lol:
Hi ya Raymo :wave: Oh, I love fireworks :clap: But they are not legal here for the general public :crying:

The person who commissioned my last drawing is calling to pick it up later this evening. A little nervous to tell the truth, but I did my best :o So hoping he likes it :crossfingers:
See ye later :wave:

Raymo
01-01-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm gonna do whatever I want this year since this is the year that our world ends.

PattiLou
01-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Me, I will make the resolution that I always make. My new year resolution is one I make every year and I always manage to keep it. I resolve to make no resolutions. :lol:
That's about what I do... then I can't break them.:D :D

Maureen my avatar is part of a fractal... I like playing with fractals but they are addictive.

I'm at my daughter's home, sitting on the sofa with her cat on one side of me and Buttons on the other side. They don't like each other much.:eek: Well, actually Buttons kinda ignores the cat but the cat doesn't like Buttons.

idylbrush
01-01-2012, 10:25 PM
In the garden today I found buds on the white bird of paradise. Several to be sure. A grass that was supposed to reach three feet is now nearing six feet. One that was called Hedgehog Grass is living up to its name. It is so sharp it almost pierces the skin whenever I get near it.It would appear that everything I have planted so far is starting to grow. I found the seeds from the Italian tomatoes and I need to get those started here shortly. It will give me a good start the spring growing season I also have on order some shallots, 4 inch pickling cucumbers, some standard pickling cucumbers, and some golden tomatoes.

In an effort to get back in a position where I can go to work I have been cleaning most of the day. Found the top of my work table today and I am now considering the possibility of rearranging the entire studio and removing some of the furniture which appears to be functional but overall is not. There is one paper cabinet that is about 5 feet long and I think I can reduce that to about 2 1/2 to 3 feet and rearrange the shelving in such a way so that it won't take up as much space the will hold just as much if not more than it currently does. Interesting to see if it works. One of the things I've been doing today is going through all of my frames and getting the sizes together into groups and then will wrap them in plastic to keep them clean and safe from harm.

Other than that it's been a pretty lazy day.

Had turkey and cheese quesadillas for dinner.

Overall a quiet day.

RayleneAus
01-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Hi every one - my new years goal is to learn to paint :)

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 06:11 AM
I'm gonna do whatever I want this year since this is the year that our world ends.

I think you are doing that all along already Ray :evil: :lol: :lol:

Patti, sounds like you have your hands full :cat:
Howard, I think you dont ever have a lazy day. But I do hope your orgnizing is going to work out just as you planned :crossfingers: :clap:
Hi Raylene :wave: Good to see you here too :D

Handed over the drawing last night and he loved it :D
I am off to see the stallions from the main studfarm again. The are only back from the season in Oz so looking forward to seeing them. Hope the weather is good for taking ref photos again :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:
See ye all later :wave:

chammi kaiser
01-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Wow Patti, respect, you have been a busy girl. Good for you. I also heard sirens during the night of N.Year's eve and subsequently found out that a little four year old a few streets away had been very badly burned on the neck and face. My neighbour's two dogs were shivering jellies the whole night. Also like your new Avatar - very striking. Can just imagine Buttons clinging to you as he is being glared at by a Merwyn-type!

Maureen, had a good laugh at your description . Can just imagine your old man settling down to the soccer and then falling asleep. Good luck with the resolutions. Not sure if I will be able to keep mine up either!

Carol, how scary. Never ever heard that the world was coming to an end and I have so much to do. Darn it all!! Seems like you had a good party. Good for you. Glad the kitties did not miss out. Are you taking care of them for a neighbour? Still curious to know what you gave Raymo for Christmas. Must have been a good laugh.

Raymo. I think now that I know that the world is going to end, I am also going to do anything I want to. Yipppeeee!! Be careful, you usually do everything you want to anyway. Anything more could be more dangerous than the end of the world!!!

Howard, you certainly have green fingers. Seems you are also looking to changing things around this year. Funny how one has the desire to clean up every new year! By the way , I agree with Kathrin. I don't think you know what the word lazy means!

Kathrin, you're naaaaggging me!! I had some thoughts and perhaps if time allows, might have a little fun with your DS Challenge!
I am so thrilled for you that your customer loved the drawing. I did not expect anything else! So, you see, all those fears were unfounded.

Hallo, Raylene. Like your resolution. Welcome.

Well, I have done the background, worked on the eyes and hopefully within a few days will finish my painting of a young Orangutan. Still lots of work on the fur, eye wrinkles etc. Wish me luck. I started today so am taking my resolutions seriously at least for this week!!

OkeeKat
01-02-2012, 10:41 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL!!!:clap:

Had a busy day yesterday we all took down all the Christmas decorations down, put away and the house is back to normal!! Kinda bare though but looks good!
Been resting up with the back bothering me and it has improved greatly, used one of those Icy Hot patches two days in a row, made a big difference!

Hope to get back to painting but my little Piper seems to have found a flea, so bathtime today and laundry!!

Raylene, welcome!!

be back later, need to change my avatar again!
:wave:

Raymo
01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Raylene kinda has a nice ring to it !

Charlie's Mum
01-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Howard - In an effort to get back in a position where I can go to work I have been cleaning most of the day. Found the top of my work table today and I am now considering the possibility of rearranging the entire studio and removing some of the furniture which appears to be functional but overall is not. There is one paper cabinet that is about 5 feet long and I think I can reduce that to about 2 1/2 to 3 feet and rearrange the shelving in such a way so that it won't take up as much space the will hold just as much if not more than it currently does. Interesting to see if it works. One of the things I've been doing today is going through all of my frames and getting the sizes together into groups and then will wrap them in plastic to keep them clean and safe from harm.
- you know what this is don't you? All an excuse NOT to paint!!!!!!!!! .................. how do I know this? ............ cos I display similar behavioral traits!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Kathrin - I'm wondering how the client could possibly NOT like your work :rolleyes: ...... but glad he does:D

Hi Raylene - beware of our Raymo ;) :lol:

Hi to everyone else popping in - and out ;)

Lady Carol
01-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Carol, how scary. Never ever heard that the world was coming to an end and I have so much to do. Darn it all!! Seems like you had a good party. Good for you. Glad the kitties did not miss out. Are you taking care of them for a neighbour? Still curious to know what you gave Raymo for Christmas. Must have been a good laugh.
Don't worry. It aint gonna happen. I only took care of the kitties overnight when they went to the beach for the new year.

And yes the gift I gave Raymo did give me a good laugh.

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Kathrin, you're naaaaggging me!! I had some thoughts and perhaps if time allows, might have a little fun with your DS Challenge!

Hip Hip Hurray :clap: :clap: :clap: Best news I got all day http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance018.gif
I was glad he loved my work too. See, it was so far out of my comfort zone and the ref wasnt great, so I wasnt sure how my drawing would meassure up to his expectations.

I really hope we will get to see your painting :crossfingers:

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Kathie, glad your back is better :clap: I just got the tree and the outside lights left to take down. Might get to the tree tonight yet.
Hi Raymo :wave:

Maureen, I think we all display those symptoms more or less often :o http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/whistling.gif
Hi ya Carol :wave: Hope Maddie is doing great for ye :)

Was a busy day today. I feel ready for bed already and still so much to do :eek: Gonna chill with a cup of coffee and then get back to it I think.

Raymo
01-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Don't worry. It aint gonna happen. I only took care of the kitties overnight when they went to the beach for the new year.

And yes the gift I gave Raymo did give me a good laugh.

Only thing I saw was some emoticon....you weirdo !

Raymo
01-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Kathrin I wanna see your drawing. Maybe you can post it here.......do it !

chammi kaiser
01-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm off to bed. Just popped in to see what you chaps were up to.
I also want to see your drawing Kathrin.
Raymo. Let us get to know Raylene a little better before you chase her away. She hasn't heard about the lawn mower episode yet. Promise I won't tell her!!
Sitting here in my shorties. Getting a little chilly. Time for bed.

Nightie Nights.

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Here is a LINK (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960657) to the thread :)
But guess I could post it here too :crossfingers: :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jan-2012/113357-final.jpg

Raymo
01-02-2012, 07:30 PM
That girl can draw ! I may have to commission you someday.

RPut
01-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello and New Year Greetings to ALL!!!

Kathrin, wonderful drawing! So glad you shared!
Kathie, I am such a procrastinator, I did gather up knick knacky stuff, but still have to drag the boxes back out....
Hi Carol--hope the partying was worth it!!! I was out and up till 3 friday night, came home and made overnight carmel rolls to bake for Robbie the next morning.
Then another party New Years Eve, but didn't stay late and was sleeping by midnight.
Hello Maureen, Howard, Welcome to Raylene, Hi to Elaine, Ray, (You be nice now to our new friend!) and Patti!

Robbie left this aftenoon... :( He goes to California for more training sometime soon for about a month. Getting ready for deployment this spring.....

Back to school in the morning. I didn't go at all so what ever I left in piles awaits and will greet me in the morning. Tbe frenzy will once again begin.

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 07:50 PM
That girl can draw ! I may have to commission you someday.

awwwwwwwww, thank you Ray :heart:
I'd draw anything for you, but you are a fab artist yourself my friend :wink2: :thumbsup:

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Robbie left this aftenoon... :( He goes to California for more training sometime soon for about a month. Getting ready for deployment this spring.....

Back to school in the morning. I didn't go at all so what ever I left in piles awaits and will greet me in the morning. Tbe frenzy will once again begin.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

idylbrush
01-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Today I switched the office computer set up to another room in the house. At the moment it looks rather nice, not sure how long it will last but it looks nice.

I am in the process of trying to strip out the entire studio and start fresh. It's going to take a while but I'm sure it will be worth many efforts involved. I just can't stand the place out there anymore and had to do something about it so I did. One of the things involved is finding the different sizes of frames and canvases that I have and trying to categorize them and arrange them in such a way that they will be usable, no big deal!

I went out and bought a cubbyhole cabinet today and I'm trying to decide if I want to get the baskets to go in it. I think would be a good idea, but, I'm trying to be a little bit smarter about setting things up so this will be a good test. I found some bookshelves today and I have to go to Tampa and pick those up. I think they're going to work. Just shaken things up a little bit. We shall see where it leads.

PattiLou
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Kathrin that looks great. I know how faded and worn (not to mention small) some of the old photos are. I've been scanning some from my mother's collection. You did really good IMO. :thumbsup:

Howard it's nice to reorganize things. Sometimes you even find things you forgot you had and they are like new again.

Well I got through the budget meeting and now I can get back to more fun things... like painting, etc. Oh, and I'm waiting impatiently for my order of art supplies. I like packages even if I did order them myself. :lol:

Hi Ray... did you get to see your sons for the Holidays? Did you go visiting?

Raymo
01-02-2012, 10:18 PM
They'uns be in Alaska, too fer to drive my lawn mower.

idylbrush
01-02-2012, 11:09 PM
They'uns be in Alaska, too fer to drive my lawn mower.

That's why you need to fire up the tractor.

Raymo
01-03-2012, 01:56 AM
That's why you need to fire up the tractor.

Haha, good idea ! :lol:

chammi kaiser
01-03-2012, 05:00 AM
Morning everyone,

Kathrin , that is a superb drawing. It must have been a nightmare having such a tiny reference. Wow, you are so talented.

Ruthie, must have been tough saying goodbye to Robbie. Nice , though, that you had time with him over the holidays. Hope the first day back at school is not too stressful. You certainly are a great Mum. Fancy baking in the middle of the night. What are carmel rolls?

Howard, seems you are really committed to sorting out your studio. Need a few tips. I have so much extraneous stuff in mine which I find so hard to part with. Keep thinking it might come in useful - things cut out of newspapers, magazines, postcards etc. You name it.

Patti . I also love getting packages. When I have ordered something, I peer out of my studio window a couple of days later around the time the post arrives like a kid at Christmas. Glad the budget meeting went well. Pete has been scanning old photos, mainly black and white from his Dad's past. It is really worth it. Sometimes it is rather sad but then one wipes away the tears and thinks of all the happy times with one's folks.

Raymo, can you believe it, only just noticed the RSA flag. What part of SA do you come from? I think I read in one of your posts a long time ago that you have two sons in the armed forces. I do hope you were able to see them over the holidays.

DaynaR
01-03-2012, 06:01 AM
So far this year is going great for me. I can't hardly believe that I have a daughter who is turning 15 on Jan 4. She's almost as old as I was when I gave birth to her. Amazing!

I have so much to be thankful for, going into this new year. I'm glad I found this forum. You guys seem like a great group of folks.

OkeeKat
01-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Morning all, very cold out and windy here... 43 this am without the wind chill, late tonight its to go down to 29. thats DANG Cold for Florida!! BRRRRR
off to work, have a great day all
Hi Dayna!! oh my I remember when my baby daughter turned 15, this past oct she turned 30!! that really makes me feel old!!
But I'm still YOUNG AT heART!!!
Later all!! :)

Raymo
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Both my sons are in Alaska so I wasn't able to see them. One is in the Air Force and one is an Alaskan State Trooper.

(I'm currently traveling all over the world and stopping in my gf's countries and taking their flags, lol)

Charlie's Mum
01-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Raymo - Wondered why the SA flag - and you don't look old enough to have grown up sons ;) - so get the tractor serviced and ready:lol:

Kathrin - super-duper drawing - you've kept the character of the time and the photo.

Cold and windy here - hate the wind, does too much damage.

Nearly time to take the tree and deccies down for another year - but it'll be nice to have the house back to normal.

Take care wherever you are peeps:D

RPut
01-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Ummm, someone from our forum posted a reply in a certain thread recently and suggested something that was totally off the subject.....soooo ummmm, I took that comment as a challenge and have posted a new thread for a certain character that is well known for his/her occasionally risque comments..........
:lol: :lol: :lol: I challenge you to find it!!!

RPut
01-04-2012, 12:46 AM
OH, Thanks Chammi and Kathrin for the hugs. I had a good day back to school, but have been in funk all day...it's going to be a loooong time before we see Robbie again....

PattiLou
01-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Either I am going blind or we are missing several days worth of posts. Maintenance does weird things!:lol:

Shirl Parker
01-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Patti, I've been wondering, are you going to take your new baby with you when you travel the world this summer, or are you taking a break from traveling?

Kathrin G.
01-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Yup, we are missing lots of posts :eek:
Oh well, guess the cyber gremlins needed a food top up so the maintenance provided it :rolleyes: :lol:

Hi everyone :wave:

Charlie's Mum
01-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes, seems we've lost everything since 4th - threads and posts ......... so if you posted a thread between then and now, it will need re-posting:rolleyes:

Shirl Parker
01-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Another Moderator says that the posts will be back eventually. Hope that's right.

idylbrush
01-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Might as well open an art supply. Found more supplies than I realized I had. 3 pieces of handmade papyrus paper for starters, a package of "exotic" papers, sketch pads, pencils, pens, all one could ever imagine.

I have a monumental mess on my hands at the moment. Have some designs for paper storage. Have loads of exotic papers, marbled papers, handmade papers. Lots of really good stuff. Now I know I have it around.

Almost ready for the next book case and then the 9 slot cubby. It may come together in the next week or so.

Kathrin G.
01-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Another Moderator says that the posts will be back eventually. Hope that's right.

I wouldnt hold my breath for it :rolleyes: But lets be positive :) :crossfingers:

Hmmm, just editing because the message on facebook says it defo will be back, its not lost, just takes time to merge. So :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :)

Kathrin G.
01-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Have some designs for paper storage.

Always great to find supplies you didnt know you had :clap: :clap: :clap:
I need some ideas for paper storage so I hope you will share your ideas with us :crossfingers:

Charlie's Mum
01-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Yes, Dan, our Admin from F&W says all the database is not lost completely and we will get it back - don't know when!

Lady Carol
01-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Does that mean I have to swear at Raymo all over again?

Lady Carol
01-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Actually that is not a bad idea at all :evil: and then when the posts return I would have got him twice.

Kathrin G.
01-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Actually that is not a bad idea at all :evil: and then when the posts return I would have got him twice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Raymo
01-07-2012, 06:46 PM
You know you love me.

Raymo
01-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Maureen, Chammi, and me were gonna go pub hopping but that post disappeared also. I had planned on getting them drunk !

Kathrin G.
01-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Maureen, Chammi, and me were gonna go pub hopping but that post disappeared also. I had planned on getting them drunk !

pub hopping .... you want some hop to get to Britain all the way from South Africa :evil: :wink2: :lol:

argh, you moved to Germany already :lol: fast hopper you are :lol:

Raymo
01-07-2012, 07:03 PM
German women are....oolala !!! So I decided to move there for awhile.

OkeeKat
01-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Went to the movies today with MIL... we saw War Horse.. OMG was that FANTASTIC!! A MUST SEE!!
Having pizza tonight and trying to finish my little painting.
Hope things get back to normal here soon if there is such a thing.

Chia
01-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Hey All! I rarely check this thread - not that I'm a snob - just trying to keep computer time to a minimum. But I thought I'd check to see if anyone had any insight as to why some posts and comments have disappeared, and of course I have found my answer. I also found a bunch of reprobates swearing and getting each other drunk! :eek: Heh heh - just kidding... glad you all are having fun!

Kathrin G.
01-07-2012, 08:09 PM
German women are....oolala !!! So I decided to move there for awhile.

can only agree with you there :lol: :evil: :wink2: :lol:

Kathrin G.
01-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Kathie, sounds like you had a great evening :thumbsup:
Chia, you can find answers to nearly everything in here :eek: :lol:

Worked on that retirement painting today and started re-planning my DS painting. So not a bad day even though I wish I would have gotten more done :rolleyes:
Bedtime here so Good Night all :wave:

Lady Carol
01-07-2012, 10:23 PM
You know you love me.
I know I do. I would not trade you for the world.

Choralie, nutt'n wrong with swearing just as long at the spell checker does not pick it up.

PattiLou
01-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Patti, I've been wondering, are you going to take your new baby with you when you travel the world this summer, or are you taking a break from traveling?
We will take her... we travel in a motorhome so we are always home when we are traveling away from home. Confusing???:D :lol: She has already been in the motorhome... shook a little bit for awhile but got used to the engine noise and vibration. Now she walks past the steps and sniffs like she wants to get in.

Kathrin G.
01-08-2012, 03:08 AM
Its a great way to travel Patti :thumbsup:

and Good Morning all :wave:
Had a horrible headache yesterday evening and had to take a tablet. Woke up during the night with it and it was even worst. And guess what ... still have it this morning :( :crying: Took another tablet as I cant cope with it and work.
Its starting to kick in but I sure hope its not coming back :crossfingers:
See ye all later :wave:

chammi kaiser
01-08-2012, 03:45 AM
Good morning all.

I see Raymo is visiting Germany. Surprise, surprise, Kathrin, Maureen, you will have to join us and we will all go to a beer garden. Will lend you both dirndls .

Kathie, haven't heard of War Horse. What is it all about? Helen of Troy???

Howard, cleaning out one's studio is like a treasure hunt. Seems you are probably in for a few more surprises (nice ones).

Patti, I am sure you will be taking her along. Can't imagine leaving such a gorgeous little creature behind. Lucky you to have her.

Kathrin, I do hope you have managed to get rid of that miserable headache. Very debilitating , I'm sure. Hug.

Off for a nice warm, plenty of aromatherapy bath oil bath and my book for half an hour's pure luxury.

Speak to you all later when you are awake .

idylbrush
01-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Yesterday was spent wrecking the studio a bit more. Made bread and cinnamon rolls with currants and golden raisins. A sweet glaze to finish it off.

When the paper rack is done, and if it is a bit successful will certainly share the design. The biggest issue right now is finding the right storage devices for the paper. I have some but may not be enough. Finding more could be problematic.
The current storage is over 20 years old and I doubt it is made anymore.

chammi kaiser
01-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I am so excited. I am off to my beloved African Bush in March for two weeks and just wanted to share with you why I love it so much. As you all know, I am a complete sucker for animals so here am I making friends with a few.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2012/39224-Kalahari_22.jpg

This is me saving a tortoise from destruction on a lonely road in the middle of the desert.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2012/39224-KZN_trip_part_I_24.jpg

Here I am making friends with a Warthog. Just love them and love sketching and painting these comical little characters.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2012/39224-KGP_14.jpg

A little Jackall arrived at our camp and eventually disappeared although I tried very hard to entice it to come a little nearer.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2012/39224-Eastern_Cape_40.jpg

Driving through the remote areas requires constantly jumping out of the car and opening rickety old farm gates. Can't imagine them keeping anything in or out.

Anyone care to join me??? Bring your sketch pads and off we go.

noodle1
01-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey Chammi I'll come, always in for making new friends especially the four legged kind..haha you look great girl! I've moved a few larger turtles out of the road here too, haha holding up traffic is the best part since everyone in a hurry to go no where. All kinds of animals come out of my woods, not as exotic tho and of course I try and get close, they don't run but they do keep 'their' distance. LOL and look at me probably thinking whose the broad in 'our' yard...:lol: go way!!!

Hi everyone, sorry I've been missing a bit, just some stuff here that is needing attention. Hope ya all have a great weekend, I'm off to Mass.

See ya all later then,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Raymo
01-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Gatekeeper has legs....oolala !

chammi kaiser
01-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Elaine, thanks, glad to have you back. Would be wonderful to have you share the experience of the bush. What kind of animals come out of your woods? I would love to meet them. Enjoy your church service.

Raymo, is there any gate that would keep you out. You are supposed to be looking at the animals and the African bush. Where on earth is your mind??

Kathrin, hope you have got rid of the headache and are feeling 100% again.

Raymo
01-08-2012, 12:22 PM
It's nice to see my Noodles out and about this morning....:clap:

Raymo
01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Raymo, is there any gate that would keep you out. You are supposed to be looking at the animals and the African bush. Where on earth is your mind??

:lol: ....haha, I'm a leg man so shoot me. I still have the pic of my Sweet Baboo mounting her horse....:heart:

Lady Carol
01-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I still have the pic of my Sweet Baboo mounting her horse....:heart:
:o :o :heart: :lol: I had no idea you kept that pic.

idylbrush
01-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Some parts of WC are just not functional yet. Sure it will be cleared up soon.

Still destroying the studio and building some new parts. Part of the process I guess.

Kathrin G.
01-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Good evening all :wave:
Chammi, my head is better now :crossfingers: thank you for asking :heart: I want to go to Africa, its on my "Must Do" list. I really want to go on a photo safari. Seeing all those animals in the wild, even just the once. Take lots of photos please where ever you go :)
Elaine, missed you my friend :heart: :wave:
Howard, best of luck and I am looking forward to photos :crossfingers: :wave:
Raymo, I got to agree with you, Chammi is looking fab :clap:
Carol, upsetting poor Raymo with naughty photos are you :evil: :lol:

Busy day here after my headache cleared up. Washed my 5 dogs, all smelling lovely and looking clean now :clap: Got himself to take down the last of the outdoor christmas lights and wash my car :D Did a bit of spring weeding too. Found my first daffodils in full flower while I was out there, now that was a nice surprise.
Getting back to the retirement painting now, lets hope I will get it finished before bedtime :crossfingers:
See ye later :wave:

RPut
01-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi Ya!

Sounds like a chattery group and enjoy the pics Chammi!
Strange about the missing links.
Came home this afternoon from a little one night trip to visit my brother and friends. Stayed up too late so took a long afternoon nap--still kinda groggy. Whille I was gone--hubby worked on stripping the popcorn ceilings in our bathroom and bedroom and painting. Hmmmm. Not sure of the bathroom color----a little more purple than I thought it would be.....we'll see how it looks when we get towels, hooks, new curtains, pictures hung, etc.
Ordered Pizza for supper and should be here soon, tho not really hungry.
Have a good week everyone!

Raymo
01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Gosh dang, pizza sounds good. Merwyn decided to sleep in my suitcase most of the day. I don't know why he likes it so much.

Lady Carol
01-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Carol, upsetting poor Raymo with naughty photos are you :evil: :wave:
me? Never!!!

Lady Carol
01-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Merwyn decided to sleep in my suitcase most of the day. I don't know why he likes it so much.Maybe he is hoping that you will send him somewhere nicer :evil:

Kathrin G.
01-09-2012, 03:01 AM
Morning all :wave:
Headache is back :( just niggling away, not full blown. Heading off to work now so hoping it will pass.
See ye :wave:

chammi kaiser
01-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Ruthie. Glad you enjoyed the pics. How I wish we could all take a plane together and spend some time in the bush. I would love you to watch the sun go down into the red earth and experience a silence like no other - where creatures of the night come alive.

I hope the site gets sorted out with the lost links. Things normally run very smoothly and I am sure this is just a transitory hiccough.

Who chose the colour for the room Ruthie?

Kathrin, thanks for the compliment. Too far away to see the wrinkles.
Washing five dogs must be quite something. Washing my small terrier was a nightmare. She looked at me with huge pathetic eyes and I always felt guilty.

By the way, I intend taking masses of photos. Have a nice new camera now so it will be a challenge and a joy.

Wow, you have daffodils already. I feel as if we haven't really had a winter at all. It has been so mild apart of buckets of rain.

I'm so sorry your headache is back. Perhaps a visit to the doc is in order. Let us know how things are. Worried about you.

Raymo, I think Merwyn is getting worried because you keep hopping from one country to another. Wants to make sure he does not get left behind :D

noodle1
01-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

So sorry to hear sweet Kathrin that you can't get rid of that headache, but sending a hug your way, hate headaches of every nature. I have a few here haha not in 'my' head tho..haha Feel better cutie. :heart:

Chammi that would be an adventure n a half, could you imagine you me and Kathrin and all those critters..haha but I'd want to take them all home..:wink2: Nothing really unique comes out of my woods, on occasion tho the donkey from the barn way back behind be comes a brayin'..haha Foxes, on occasion a coyote or two, wild turkeys, deer, skunks, possum, assorted birds and always have a lost dog show up here..lol not to mention all the cats, think the word is out that I'm a sucker..LOL Did have a bear here in my yard, big old girl, managed to get that close to know that..haha followed her up to the woods but she paid me never mind and went on her way. She must have been in someone's bird seed and those someones come to the driveway wanting to shoot her the idiots, so I said if you think you'll get further then a foot do step on my property please...:evil: I'm the crazy one in town so they say..haha She hasn't been back, really amazing to be that close tho, I'm less afraid of her then some people...:lol: :lol:

Hi Ruthie I remember painting my living room, I found this color I loved well it turned out rather perwinkle..haha stayed til I couldn't take the pokes anymore but ya know it didn't look that bad, big, big awkward room so why not awkward color. Bet it'll look fine.

Things still rather sticky here but nothing I can really do about it so might as well just belly up to the bar and wait it out, may be living in my car but least it's got heat...LOL somewhat joking but it's interesting.

Decided to put my mind elsewhere so I picked up my colored pencils and started a drawing, this one will either do me in or will be something fairly special if I finish it..haha heaven forbid I do easy..haha

Hi to Maureen, Kathie, Shirl, Howard any word on the computer situation, Raymo my man, yeah I'm up and about chasing cats..haha, want some..haha, hi Miss Carol I think your news is worth repeating don't you, they may never find lost threads which in and of itself is not such a big deal really, but your post was hmm dare I say DO IT!! LOL

Okay babbled enough will catch ya all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

PattiLou
01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Oooh, a safari!:clap: I want to go... what fun that would be with all of us together.

Kathrin I hope your headache is better but I think you sent it my way. I rarely wake up with a headache but did so today. Thought for a minute there must be a hurricane coming our way.:eek:

I sure hope you are OK Elaine. :grouphug:

Isn't it amazing Ruthie when the paint looks different on the walls than in the can?

Off to a board meeting today... what fun!:rolleyes:

Raymo
01-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Oooh, a safari!:clap: I want to go... what fun that would be with all of us together.

Oh yes, all the QDC girls.........and me !

Raymo
01-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Oh looky, there's my weirdo Noodles....:heart:

Kathrin G.
01-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Good evening all :wave:
Chammi, cant wait for those photos ... you lucky girl :clap:
Elaine my friend :heart: sending hugs your way and do stay warm :grouphug: Hope you will share that colour pencil drawing :crossfingers:
Patti, hope the meeting wasnt too boring. Sorry about the headache :grouphug: They are seriously no fun :(
Raymo, we would have lots of fun with you :evil: :lol:

Thanks for the good thoughts my friends :heart: The day was so busy that my head didnt get a chance to start aching too badly. Being outside really helps sometimes. Its still there now, but not that bad. Think I will feed kids and dogs and then paint the night away hoping to keep it at bay by keeping busy :crossfingers:

idylbrush
01-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Kathrin glad to hear the headache isn't terribly debilitating.

Computer = dead.

Purchased new one but apple decided they want to take a look at it. If they can do it at a reduced rate that would be good. Almost $2,00.00 for new laptop which is money I would rather not spend right now if I can get away with it.

So we shall see what happens.

Still working on the studio but haven't done much today since I am doing marketing and computer stuff. Have yet to return the purchased computer. That is going to happen in a few minutes. Did manage a trip to home depot for some needed supplies.

Shirl Parker
01-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Howard, did you think about Mac Mini? I'm loving mine.

idylbrush
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Howard, did you think about Mac Mini? I'm loving mine.

Thought about it but with the travel, think the laptop may be a better option for me, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Kathrin G.
01-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Computer = dead.

Purchased new one but apple decided they want to take a look at it. If they can do it at a reduced rate that would be good. Almost $2,00.00 for new laptop which is money I would rather not spend right now if I can get away with it.

So we shall see what happens.

I really hope they can do something for you Howard :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Kathrin G.
01-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Glad to see you've come to see me again here in Ireland Raymo :heart: :clap: :lol: :clap:

susme48
01-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Thought I'd pop in and say hi...I am painting again, but still working on the social skills I seem to have misplaced. I miss everyone...and hope to show up more often, now that I am painting again. Nothing great, just testing the waters after the long long time off. Nice to know I did not forget how...lol
Feels strange to be just one after having been a wife and mom for so long...I ended up liking it once before, and think I will now, once I adjust.
Hope everyone's Monday goes well!

Kathrin G.
01-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Thought I'd pop in and say hi...I am painting again, but still working on the social skills I seem to have misplaced. I miss everyone...and hope to show up more often, now that I am painting again. Nothing great, just testing the waters after the long long time off. Nice to know I did not forget how...lol
Feels strange to be just one after having been a wife and mom for so long...I ended up liking it once before, and think I will now, once I adjust.

millions and millions of hugs going your way my friend :grouphug: so glad to have you back and painting :clap:

Kathrin G.
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Great start to the New Year .... I sold my Yeats painting (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=929672)and got another stallion portrait commission to go with it :D :clap: :D
And to top it off, the painting went to the best "horsey-home" imaginable :clap: Sooooo happy :D

Lady Carol
01-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Lookeee who popped in. You have been missed girlfriend. Welcome back.

Great start to the New Year .... I sold my Yeats painting (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=929672)and got another stallion portrait commission to go with it :D :clap: :D
And to top it off, the painting went to the best "horsey-home" imaginable :clap: Sooooo happy :D
Awesome Kathrin. Congratulations. Doubly so.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Raymo
01-09-2012, 05:09 PM
I miss everyone...

Did you miss me the most ? :heart:

chammi kaiser
01-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi Susan. Lovely to see you again. Stay with us old friend, we'll be there for you. Glad you are trying to paint again. Must be tough. Big warm hug from me.

Kathrin, that is absolutely beautiful. You deserve to sell your paintings. You are sooooo talented. Glad it went to a home where it deserved to be. Congrats on the new commission.

Raymo
01-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Glad to see you've come to see me again here in Ireland Raymo :heart: :clap: :lol: :clap:
Yes and give me a few hours and I can get rid of that headache for you....:heart:

Raymo
01-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Oh I like that one Kathrin and he's got whiskers.

Raymo
01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
:evil:....:heart:....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2012/142029-Carolsass.jpg

Raymo
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Ooooolala, that's a pair to draw to....:heart:....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2012/142029-Nood.jpg

chammi kaiser
01-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Carol, can see why Raymo is so enamoured with you. You look great mounting a horse. Who is the young lady with you and that beautiful horse?
You will have to take him to the local pub and see how he handles the local fellows. :lol: Don't forget, Merwyn will be with him in the suitcase i.e assuming he puts up the Aussie flag and does not stick around elsewhere!!

idylbrush
01-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Sue, so good to see you around. Take it slow and ease back into things. You can do it, I know you can.

Took new computer back and they were gracious abut it. Waiting on shipping box to get damaged computyer off to Apple. Did get a back up battery with voltage regulation. Something I have been looking at for quite a while. Mostly felt guilty.

got the paper cabinet built and bookcase is stocked and paper rack is stocked. Still have lots to do. What a train wreck I have going on out there.

chammi kaiser
01-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Goodnight, everybody, am fading fast!!! Had a tough day with my students. One was having a really 'bad hair day' and made it pure hell for everybody else. Had to draw on all my patience reserves and although I am a pretty easy going person, when the buttons are continually pressed, I can really blow up like a dormant volcano. I was pretty close today but thank goodness, just bubbled under the surface and managed to keep my cool. Time for a good book , a tranquilising cup of Rooibosch tea and bed!!!

Have a good chat. Thinking of you Susan.

Hugs for you all,

Chammi.

Kathrin G.
01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
thanks you everyone :D :heart: :wave: Oh I am so happy I could hug the world :lol:

Chammi, sorry to read about your student. Might want to pack him up and send him to Carol for some lessons (she's got a whip you know :evil: :lol: )
Howard, best of luck with the computer and dont forget the photos of your paper storage please :crossfingers: :)
Raymo, I can see how those photos got your imagination fired up :thumbsup: :lol: Guess you will be heading to Carol shortly :lol:

biddlebeach
01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
peeking in for a quick Hi to ya all!

noodle1
01-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Sue Hi, so good to see you here, now please stay, we miss you, leave the social to Raymo..haha just enjoy the result of his um social graces...LOL and woo hoo you're painting again.

idylbrush
01-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Made turkey SOS with mushrooms on toast with cheese. YUM!

Settling down after a trying and somewhat tense day trying to figure out the best thing to do about the computer. Think that is behind me now, I hope.

Now, back to the studio. The paper storage was easier than I thought. I put the paper in portfolios, cheap paper or cardboard ones. Then built a box of plywood 12" wide 24" deep and 36" high. Works great. Takes up very little space. Put slider pads on the bottom to assist moving around the studio.

Next is to start consolidating thIngs a bit. One more cabinet to build. A desser needs to be removed and moved to my sisters place.

Raymo
01-09-2012, 08:23 PM
What the heck did I do now ?

RPut
01-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh Susan, Soooooo glad to see you back!! Hugs!!
Chammi, sorry about the stressful day and student troubles!! Hugs to you too!
And more Hugs to Kathrin! Congrats to you and so well deserved!!!!

We have had weeks of mild 40-50 degree weather days and still NO snow at all. So strange for us where we are usually in minus degree weather and several feet of snow. Today it was 52 and people were out walking in shorts and tank tops---in the middle of January!! On the news, there was a story about trees showing buds and little shoots of plants sprouting. Wednesday, they say the weather will cool off to the 20s.....Still pretty nice for this time of the year.

Good luck with the computer thing Howard! I know it's a pain, but new gadgets are so much fun!

Cute Picks of your girls Ray!!

Lady Carol
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Carol, can see why Raymo is so enamoured with you. You look great mounting a horse. Who is the young lady with you and that beautiful horse?
Maddie is showing you his best side :lol: And our very own Miss Elaine. She came down to pick up Bob & Bert and check out all the men in my life. It was a great day. I would love to visit with Elaine again. I think I need to spend the day 100 miles north of NY city.

BTW: thanks Raymo, bet that took a bit of time to find.

Lady Carol
01-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Miss Elaine, are you behaving yourself or are you in the doghouse?

Raymo
01-09-2012, 11:56 PM
I have the butt pic saved this time....:evil:

Raymo
01-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Cute Picks of your girls Ray!!

Hehe....:thumbsup:

I wish I had the one of my school teacher....:evil:

chammi kaiser
01-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Howard, what is SOS Turkey? You seem to be really making great inroads on your studio. Good for you. Mine is slowly looking a little better but I don't have your carpentry skills - wish I did.

Glorious weather here today - clear sky and great crisp 8 degree C (don't know what that is in Fahrenheit - grew up with the metric system) ! My friend and I went for our 12 kilometre brisk walk. Ended up with roses in our cheeks and promised each other to take a day off and visit a private exhibition of some 40 Expressionistic Works and have lunch together. Looking forward to that. I now feel motivated to paint my prehistoric monster Kathrin - so off to the studio.

Hope all my friends in another time zone are enjoying pleasant dreams.

Chat to you later.

idylbrush
01-10-2012, 09:57 AM
SOS or chipped beef on toast. I make it with ground turkey which is browned with smoked paprika and a touch of olive oil. Then a bit of mushrooms added with a kitchen spice mix I make of faux salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Then flour is added and cooked a few moments, add low fat milk and make a gravy. Serve over toast with either margarine or buttered. I use margarine.

I don't have many carpentry skills to speak of. My dad was a master boat builder and never took the time to teach me any of it. I can do basic box building but even that is rough.

Raymo
01-10-2012, 11:25 AM
peeking in for a quick Hi to ya all!

Where the heck have you been ?

RPut
01-10-2012, 12:21 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jan-2012/117502-K_Kids_08-09_014.jpg

Raymo
01-10-2012, 12:26 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jan-2012/117502-K_Kids_08-09_014.jpg

Oooolala....:heart:

Ozone
01-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi Susan,

Here come old Ozone, he come groovin' up slowly
He got joo-joo eyeball, he one holy roller
He say "I know you, you know me"
Got to be a joker he just do what he please. :music:

Hope you find your mojo... glad to visit with you again Sue. :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPTuCY27t8k

Oz:)

Raymo
01-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Writer: LENNON, JOHN / MCCARTNEY, PAUL

Here come old flat top
He come groovin' up slowly
He got joo joo eyeballs
He one holy rollers
He got hair down to his knee
Got to be a joker
He just do what he please

He wear no shoeshine
He got toe jam football
He got monkey finger
He shoot Coca Cola
He say I know you, you know me
One thing I can tell you is
You got to be free
Come together, right now
Over me

He bad production
He got walrus gumboot
He got Ono sideboard
He one spinal cracker
He got feet down below his knees
Hold you in his armchair
You can feel his disease
Come together, right now
Over me

He roller coaster
He got early warning
He got muddy water
He one Mojo filter
He say one and one and one is three
Got to be good looking
Cause he's so hard to see
Come together right now
Over me

Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah

I had to check out the lyrics. I loved those guys.

Ozone
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Ray, I remember the first time I heard the song. I had a 66 Pontiac GTO and was shifting into 4th.
Remember the exact street too but have forgotten the name. Still remember the song tho...

That other song got it's fame from the movie "Color of Money" and a great pool shooting scene.
I didn't miss much, it was so good to be young... in the mud, the blood, and the beer. Haha.

Raymo
01-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Ray, I remember the first time I heard the song. I had a 66 Pontiac GTO and was shifting into 4th.
Remember the exact street too but have forgotten the name. Still remember the song tho...

That other song got it's fame from the movie "Color of Money" and a great pool shooting scene.
I didn't miss much, it was so good to be young... in the mud, the blood, and the beer. Haha.

I had a 68 GTO just out of high school, that was one fast car. Woohoo, those were the days !

Kathrin G.
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I see we lost a lot of posts AGAIN :eek:

susme48
01-10-2012, 04:54 PM
wow...glad I read my welcome last night...lol...it is as if I never came in...hopefully it is not my fault, did not mean to startle the servers or whatever...lol

Lady Carol
01-10-2012, 04:58 PM
I guess the server was in shock that you posted and had a hiccup. Actually, we have just lost more posts over the past 2 hours. Frustrating at best for everyone.

chammi kaiser
01-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone,

Kathrin, I really think it is time to see a doctor. Your headache is lingering much too long for my liking.

Susan , glad you saw at least how very happy we are to have you back with us.

Carol, I see what you mean about lost posts, very frustrating. Love the photo of you and Elaine.

Elaine, thinking of you and hoping you sleep well.

Off to bed - had a busy day - just want to lie there and read my book and fall asleep.

Hugs all around. Have a good chat.

Charlie's Mum
01-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi all - and especially Susan .......... now quick, read this before it's all lost again!!!!!!!!!!!

Raymo
01-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Gosh dang it.....did you all get to see my Dino painting before it disappeared again ?

Lady Carol
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Gosh dang it.....did you all get to see my Dino painting before it disappeared again?
Yep...and it was the best painting you have ever done. I was totally amazed by your talent. I am :envy: that I could never paint as good as that. Tell us your secret to such a stupendous work.

Raymo
01-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Yep...and it was the best painting you have ever done. I was totally amazed by your talent. I am :envy: that I could never paint as good as that. Tell us your secret to such a stupendous work.

Haha, youre my new best girlfriend....:heart:

Kathrin G.
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Tired of disappearing posts :mad: Just so sick of it.

Chammi, dont worry, it was the last headache post :wink2: I've been good today :)
Carol, oh you know how to sweet talk a man :lol: :clap: :lol:
Susan, you know I missed you and I am glad your back :heart: :grouphug:
Raymo ..... you can try saying that after the 20th and you might get away with it :rolleyes: :evil: :lol:

Busy planning the new commission. Its not so straight forward but hey ... when are they ever :angel: :lol:

Raymo
01-10-2012, 06:44 PM
....and I had just posted pics of when I was a Chippendale Dancer. What ya gonna do ? :rolleyes:

Kathrin G.
01-10-2012, 06:46 PM
....and I had just posted pics of when I was a Chippendale Dancer. What ya gonna do ? :rolleyes:

you just need to re-post it :evil: Do it :clap: :lol: :clap:

PattiLou
01-10-2012, 07:26 PM
you just need to re-post it :evil: Do it :clap: :lol: :clap:Yes, just DO IT!!!:D

susme48
01-10-2012, 07:55 PM
ok Ray, honey...sounds like it is put up or shut up time? hehehe

Kathrin G.
01-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Yes, just DO IT!!!:D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

well said :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:

Well its bedtime here. Gosh, where does the day go. Time seems to disappear like WC posts :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:
Night night all :wave:

susme48
01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Night Kathryn...it is dinner time here. I really don't like to cook, but somehow, if I want to eat, it is a necessity...sigh. Cheating tonight and heating frozen chicken parm..will probably make a bit of spagetti with it, broccoli with cheese sauce and salad.

Raymo
01-10-2012, 08:19 PM

Haha SweetCheeks, you know I'll dance for you :heart:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jan-2012/142029-animated25.gif

oh, lets do the bump !

susme48
01-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Let me see....I think the correct line here is....oh baby oh baby...sigh. Right?

OkeeKat
01-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Hello all!!:wave:
Had a busy few days.
Went out and bought myself a Nook Tablet!! my sony E Ready hasn't been working well and is so old. able to upload my old books I bought and havent' read yet. having fun playing with it last night!!
Did finish my Little instrument painting too, finaly got a good photo yesterday!!

HEY SUSAN!!!:clap: SOOO Glad to have you back!! ((BIG HUGS))

Hi and hugs to everyone else!!
Joe is back up in GA working so spending time with Inlaws and reading and painting a little too!!

Later all!!:wave:

Raymo
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Day one of Occupy QDC commences....I will camp out here until WC stops taking our posts. I will probably get stinky from not taking showers. You girls will have to feed me for my heroic sacrifice.

Lady Carol
01-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Carol, oh you know how to sweet talk a man :lol: :clap: :lol:
tis years of practice. All you have to do is massage the ego a bit.........actually make it a he'll of a lot.you know like putty, the more you work it the softer it gets. Blokes are the same.

PattiLou
01-10-2012, 11:18 PM
tis years of practice. All you have to do is massage the ego a bit.........actually make it a he'll of a lot.you know like putty, the more you work it the softer it gets. Blokes are the same.
Yep, if you make a bloke think he thought of an idea (even though he didn't) he will love it.:lol:

PattiLou
01-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Susan.... it's great to see you back on WC. I have been following you on Facebook and your paintings are truly improving. You have not forgotten a thing . Looking forward to seeing what you paint for the DS challenge. :heart:

Ozone
01-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Two earlier attempts were wiped out, I'll get it right this time.
Welcome back Susan.:heart:

Life is a liar yeah life is a cheat
It'll lead you on and pull the ground from underneath your feet
No use complainin', don't you worry, don't you whine
Cause if you get it wrong you'll get it right next time, next time.:music:

susme48
01-11-2012, 02:32 AM
Wow...Oz...just wow :D :D ...great thought in that song. I missed you. :heart:

susme48
01-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Thank you Patti...I appreciate your comments!!

chammi kaiser
01-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Hi Kathie , seems things are a little quieter for you at the moment. Glad you were able to finish your painting. You are so lucky to have such nice inlaws.

Susan, it is so great to have you chatting with us. Perhaps you could invite a friend around for a meal - that would give you the motivation to cook something nice and also have some company. Everyone join in for a big group hug :grouphug:

Well, Patti, he DID IT and now I am not surprised there was a crash on our website.:D

Ray, the Chippendales have nothing on you. Wow, what a man.:heart: :heart: :heart:

Have masses to do today. Finishing an assignment, teaching English, continuing with my monster (just for you dear Kathrin) because you are a nagger. Only joking, I'm having fun as you will see later.

Chat to you all later.

idylbrush
01-11-2012, 06:51 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2012/36241-veggiegarden.jpg

even with a freeze, the garden moves along.

More work done in the garden. A step by step process. Gaining back some space and sense of calm.

noodle1
01-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi Everyone,

Aside from posts missing, I thought I did post and um not sure if it's the hiccups or I actually forgot to hit the button...haha

But will once again say...Well Hello Susan....how good it is to see you my dear friend, you have been so missed. And you're painting, would that I could actually get back into Facebook I would know this apparently..haha but after the six resets and they keep telling me I've the wrong password I just quit trying...haha Do share would love to see.

You have all been very chatty..me not so much, Raymo my man seems to be tho..haha what a thought a stinky weirdo but hells bells that's why there is Fabreze, :heart: Hi Miss Carol, Patti, Kathrin lovee know I sent hugs for the headache way back when..haha hope all is well now, Chammi my angel,
did sleep well, something I'm very good at..haha one chore at a time there cutie. Hi Kathie, Maureen, Howard glad your garden missed the effects of a freeze, Hi Ruthie, Shirl my girl, Oz, all the gang.

Sorry Kathrin for not entering your challenge, love dinos but just not there sweetie, such a clever idea I will be watching to see what everyone has created tho, great choice!!

Just checking in, have a good day everyone I will catch ya all later.
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Raymo
01-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Well well well looky there....Noodles:heart: is outta bed already....and Merwyn slept through the night....will wonders never cease ? :lol:

Charlie's Mum
01-11-2012, 01:01 PM
and Merwyn slept through the night
.... how I wish Charlie would! We're having such probs with him - he's got a nasty water infection (again) and possibly some senility probs :rolleyes: - I really need an uninterrupted night's sleep!

Raymo - how very kind of you to keep guard in here ;) - those gremlins wouldn't dare mess with you!:lol:
.......... and hope your son in Alaska is OK - news reports say they've had horrendous falls of snow for some time.

Hi and hugs all round Peeps - Susan, we need to see those pictures of yours :)

Question for those who know ...........

Please tell me why I should invest in an Ipad 2 - or convince me I'll make use of it :lol:

biddlebeach
01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Hello again! I thought I also posted,, but guess not,, or the gremlins got to it:)
Happy To have the Holidays out of the way, not sure why, as we really don't do anything special. but,, sorta nice to get back to boring:)
I see it is anything BUT boring here with Ray,back at it! Hi Ray!
I also see Howard is back in his garden,, that always makes me feel better:) seeing all that green stuff:) and is ripping apart his studio again? geesh,,
am still awaiting for some wonderful person to see my for sale and jump on it,, but in the meantime,, I will continue to plug along:)

susme48
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Was gonna say good morning...but just looked...oops...:o Funny, when I get up early and paint during my first cup of coffee, it never seems like it is any later until after I eat what I call breakfast. :lol:

I will post the new work...but forgot the one post a day rule :o , and already posted my second dino, since I have to wait on the challenge one. "Fred" was lonely, so I had to create an "Ethel"...thanks Kathryn!!! :heart: :D :heart:

Don't want to start out by breaking any rules...I'll save that for the good stuff...lol

Let me know what you think, if you have time to peek at it :crossfingers:

Raymo
01-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Please tell me why I should invest in an Ipad 2 - or convince me I'll make use of it :lol:

Hiya Maureen :wave: :heart:

The best Xmas present ever.....EVER. :clap:
In my case, my computer is in a separate room all to itself. Now I can watch my stuff on-line while I'm in the front room with Teena. Its very convenient.

Raymo
01-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Mary Mary, what are you trying to sell ?

Raymo
01-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Occupy QDC day 2 .......so far so good. No posts have disappeared. I should be fine shower wise for another 5 days or so.....you girls may need to fix me some sammiches....occupy !!!

Stop by my tent and see me sometime...:evil:

susme48
01-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Tossing some leftovers into Ray's tent...hope they are still good. :wink2: Hmmm...worder what would happen if I snuck in there? :evil: hehehe :evil:

Raymo
01-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Haha, you better get in here before I get too stinky, lol.

idylbrush
01-11-2012, 09:55 PM
1just got word my computer is fixed and will be on its way back Tomorrow. should have in back sometime Friday. Talk about excellent service. I am impressed.

It was shipped from here yesterday. Wow!

Shrimp Scampi for dinner. Made the sauce from herbs from the garden. Nice.

Tore the studio up a bit more today. Also got a new door for the studio. Old one got wet a few years back and was delaminating. Embarassing. So, with some effort to add the hinges and handle, I should have a new and fresh door. Moving the white board to the back side so it is a cleaner look. Going for a more uncluttered appearance. Took apart a storage unit today and found a gold mine of paintings. Will be photographing them when I can get to them. Still have lots to do out there.....but there is an end in sight somewhere. Moved another pice of useless furniture out today. It is complicated but I think it is going to be worth the effort when done.

OkeeKat
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Hi Gang!
Thanks Chammi, yes Get along great with inlaws.
Joe is out of town again this week and MIL has had dinner ready for me the past two nights! It is nice.. she even did my laundry for me.
We watched some TV then we listened to an audio book we picked up at the library.
My Daughter read the first of a series of 7 book and is working on #2 and loves it!,
The Outlander series by Diane Gabaldon, each book is like 600 pages.
audio book is 6 CDs so far finished second cd. Great story!

Also reading a cute story narrated by the DOG in the story,
called "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein.

Howard, glad your garden is doing ok, glad the frost didnt hurt it!

My Piper will sleep on my bed along with me no matter how late I sleep in, he doesnt bug me to get up!! he isn't a morning person!!:lol:

Later all!!:wave:

chammi kaiser
01-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Howard, what a pleasure to see veges growing and green. I can just smell them. Yummy. Everything here is grey and dull at the moment with buckets of rain. It is quite true when one gets things in order, a sense of calm is the result and how very pleasant it is.

chammi kaiser
01-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Morning everybody. Had some nice pleasant dreams and awoke feeling good so ready to face the challenges of the day.

Howard, your vege garden looks great. Nice and green - a pleasure to see when the world outside is grey, rainy and miserable in Hamburg. I agree with you, when order prevails in one's environment, a definite sense of calm is the result - nice feeling.

Poor old Charlie, Maureen. How uncomfortable that must be for him and very disturbing for you. The senility problem is another thing - nothing much you can do about that. Happened to my poor little Muffin and it was tough to accept after having such a sporty little Jack Russel. I feel for you.

Mary, I do hope that a buyer comes along soon. Holding thumbs for you.

Ray, time to go home and have a shower. The site is just fine and you are really getting a little whiffy! Besides we are all tired of feeding you. Merwyn is also ready to go home. No wonder he slept right through the night. He was knocked out by the air in your tent.

Piper seems to be the perfect pet, Kathie. Glad you are having a nice peaceful time. Do you feel like sending MIL to me for a week or two. I would willing pay the fare. What a gem.

Off to work. Chat later.

mooz49
01-12-2012, 03:58 AM
My goodness .....this is a crazy place :eek: ..... I love it ..... :wave: :D

chammi kaiser
01-12-2012, 05:04 AM
Hi there Anne, So glad you are joining us. I know it is a little crazy here but it helps to have a good laugh, share some sad things and just enjoy being part of a group of very wonderful and special people. Stay with us.
Hug.

Charlie's Mum
01-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Anne - you should hang around here more often - it's great for raising the spirits ... and don't tell Raymo, but he always keeps us light ;)

Anyone else with an Ipad 2 to convince me it'll be good idea? :D

RPut
01-12-2012, 09:56 AM
A QUICK Hello before my 27 kinders arrive (yes it's a big group, but the I think the best group I have ever had!) Yesterday the kids had a blast with Flashlight Day for letter Ff....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2012/117502-IMG_9662.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2012/117502-IMG_9670.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2012/117502-IMG_9659.JPG

After our 52 degree Tuesday, it is now -1 today......

Happy Day All!

idylbrush
01-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Well Charlie's Mum, I have one and recently my computer went down (1/5/12) and between the local repair shop and the Apple repair it has been gone since then. Used the iPad to do everything but print or design a few projects. Can do eamil, internet and compose letters and such, banking and skype, all but the most advanced projects. Goes with me almost everywhere. Also can be used like a Kindle, iPod and movie viewer. Depending on the model you get (either wifi or wifi with cell service), the latter doesn't need internet access cause it uses the cell service.

On the computer front, it is repaired and got a call from the delivery service that it will be here by 10:30 AM. Wasn't expecting it until tomorrow according to the email I got last night. I am thrilled. Have some design work to do and print out a few iPad letters.

Still in the studio tearing things apart. Building a cabinet for the multitude of frames I currently have. Also trying to figure out how to store tax paperwork for the last 9 years. It is all in boxes and notebooks but finding a place for them is an issue.

Speaking of the computer. It is coming home today. A job estimated for 5 to 7 business days Took one day out, one day repair, one day back and it is supposed to be delivered by 10:30 A today.

Thrilled.

Local repair quoted $1,000.00 and the Apple repair was $352.XX. Not rocket science. That included shipping and tax.

So you will have to pry an iPad out of my hands with a mighty big crowbar.

mooz49
01-12-2012, 11:48 AM
I posted in here this morning .....:confused: :confused: :confused: ....have some posts disappeared again? :rolleyes:

Lady Carol
01-12-2012, 12:56 PM
apparently Raymo's Occupy QDC has not worked all that well. His posts have gone missing. I was going to throw him a chocolate cake into the tent but my post went missing too.

Shirl Parker
01-12-2012, 01:25 PM
More posts down the rabbit hole.

idylbrush
01-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Cleaning and rebuilding and rearranging the studio has been a wonder. Found so much that I had forgotten.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2012/36241-still_life_series.jpg

A still life work

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2012/36241-portrait.jpg

A portrait

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2012/36241-papryus.jpg

Papyrus paper, thought this was long gone.

Computer is back and running well. Had major issues with the logic board and also the optic drive and optic drive cable. So, it was a cheap fix overall.

chammi kaiser
01-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I see several posts have been lost again. Very frustrating. Seems we have lost a whole page. I know that Moos joined us and now her post has gone as well. I also had two private mails showing on my WC and they have also disappeared.

I feel grumpy. Think I'll go out and eat worms.

chammi kaiser
01-12-2012, 02:15 PM
I see we have lost a whole lot more posts. In fact a page is completely missing from our QDC. Moos (Ann) joined us and I replied and said how great it was to have her - simply gone. Also missing two of my private mails so whoever sent them , please send again.

I feel grumpy. I think I will go out and eat worms!!

mooz49
01-12-2012, 02:32 PM
This is weird ....I can see the posts when I post a reply but I can't see them normally .....:confused:

Charlie's Mum
Anne - you should hang around here more often - it's great for raising the spirits ... and don't tell Raymo, but he always keeps us light
Your secret is safe with me Maureen..... :wink2:

chammi kaiser
Hi there Anne, So glad you are joining us. I know it is a little crazy here but it helps to have a good laugh, share some sad things and just enjoy being part of a group of very wonderful and special people. Stay with us.
Hug.
Thank you Chammi ....:heart:

Raymo
01-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I wonder if they're just trying to censor me because I'm in day 3 of Occupy QDC ?

mooz49
01-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Raymo
I wonder if they're just trying to censor me because I'm in day 3 of Occupy QDC ?
So it's all your fault Raymo? .....causing a bit of a stink are you? :eek:

Raymo
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM

I think your thread about nudity got way too hot and caused a short somewhere.....:evil:

Raymo
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM

Uhhhh yeah, I don't have shower facilities in my occupy tent.

mooz49
01-12-2012, 03:22 PM
I think your thread about nudity got way too hot and caused a short somewhere.....:evil:
:lol: .....my thread was all innocent (and gloomy:rolleyes: ) until you came along .....:D

idylbrush
01-12-2012, 04:33 PM
It would appear that what campus still has a few gremlins running about. Last night I had a post that was supposed to go into the quick dry café that ended up in another thread altogether. Today, I'm having trouble again, but this time with making a post. I can post, and I am assuming it's going into the quick dry Café, but I can't get to it's on a page that it won't allow me to access.

So here we go…

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2012/36241-newframestorage.jpg

This is one of my projects for today. Since I had so many frames in one size I decided to custom make the cabinets to fit those frames. I'm going to build a duplicate want to go off to the right. The square box in the corner will hold roles of campus, plastic, paper, vellum, tracing paper or whatever else comes on a roll. It may not handle everything but it will handle enough to get it out of my way. So this is a start. All of this destruction is paying off and things are starting to come back together bit by bit. Still a lot of work to do, after all it's more than 25 years of accumulation. But I'm going to make it.

susme48
01-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Well...this place just keeps getting stranger...when I first came in today...I saw the old posts...or at least some of them, and new posts, where Anne came in...and now some of the old posts are back (ty Oz for the attempts!!) and now the new ones are gone? Does make it interesting trying to keep up with the conversations...lol.

Not sure they will 'stick' with the coming and going of posts, but I did post the work I have done since my lapse...not sure what to call it...anyway, if they bore you, remember some of you asked to see them...lolol

Howard, I did like seeing some of the work you found...I hope it comes back so I can look again...sigh. Anne, welcome, I either 'know' someone with a similar sn or I have 'met' you before? My mind gets fuddled alot these days.

susme48
01-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Curious-er and curious-er...it SAYS I just posted, and I did...but it is not showing...how very odd.

Ray...are you there??? Ray...I don't see the tent....OH NO...:eek:

Raymo
01-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Really strange goings on. I blame Carol.

mooz49
01-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Raymo Occupy QDC day 2 .......so far so good. No posts have disappeared.
Have you been sleeping when some posts disappear Raymo? How come you didn't notice? You are not doing your job properly methinks! :rolleyes:

susme48
Anne, welcome, I either 'know' someone with a similar sn or I have 'met' you before? My mind gets fuddled alot these days.
I think I have met you on Wetcanvas before Susan ..... probably in the Acrylic Forum years ago when I used to post in it? :D

chammi kaiser
01-12-2012, 06:45 PM
When I worked in France and in Monte Carlo doing interior design, my client lent me his Ferrari for three months. It was red and gorgeous and I rushed from Monaco to the Provence twice a week and felt like a film star. Now all I have is a typical German Volkswagen with a little sliding window on the roof which I never get a chance to open because it rains most of the time. Oh it was really great to be young and free, but I do have a soft spot for the way everything works so well in Germany.

Ann, I don't know where the heck your post disappeared to but if this actually gets posted, just wanted you to know again, that although we are a pretty crazy bunch here, the light heartedness makes the daily grind a lot more fun. We also share sad things and I can only say that there are some wonderful , kind and caring people here, so stay with us. Just ignore Raymo. He is a nut.

Raymo
01-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Haha, too late, I can see that Ann is becoming infatuated and has been throwing food into my tent as she peeks in. :lol:

OkeeKat
01-12-2012, 08:31 PM
REALLY Strange... keep clickin on page 12 or last page and I can't get off of page 9!!! URGH!!

OkeeKat
01-12-2012, 08:32 PM
can't even view the post I just posted in quick reply!! if anyone can help plz send me a message as I cant view the last page!!

Lady Carol
01-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Haha SweetCheeks, you know I'll dance for you :heart:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jan-2012/142029-animated25.gif

oh, lets do the bump !
Oh look Chip & Dale Raymo came back.

Lady Carol
01-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Really strange goings on. I blame Carol.
My fault this happened, I err........:o

Raymo
01-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Looks like my girl got it fixed.

Raymo
01-12-2012, 10:13 PM
:evil:....:heart:....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2012/142029-Carolsass.jpg

Oh look, there's your butt :heart:

Lady Carol
01-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Looks like my girl got it fixed.
Don't celebrate too soon, WC may still vaporize over night

susme48
01-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Look....we are back?? maybe?? At least I can see the posts anyway...lol, instead of just names as y'all posted. Wonder if it will last?

Ray, nice to know you are still here...lol

I was beginning to think I was going nuts earlier...lol not that it would surprise me.

RPut
01-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Ha Strange things ahappening.....I posted this morning, but it never showed up---and now I see it's there......
Welcome Anne!
Just returned home from a staff get together.....hmmmmm behaved meself I think........But could be a different story tomorrow since it's a Friday......

Forgot about a couple bottles of wine I had on the porch serving as nature cooler. Hubby found them and brought them in----they are frozen with NO corks anymore........ Anyone for a glass of slushy wine??

OkeeKat
01-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Hey got into the last few pages... Really odd things happening lately!
Hi Anne!! welcome to our crazy thread!!
Chammi, hehe will ask MIL if she wants to travel... dont know if I want to share her though:lol: .
Ruthie, ohh my shame to waste all that wine!! Probably will be watery now though, but still good!:D
hi and hugs to all!!
Later all, bedtime!!

Raymo
01-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Wine will help me stay warm in my occupy tent.

Kathrin G.
01-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Hi ya :wave:
Annie :clap: Good to see you here :wave: Its mad but I love it.
Howard, love your shelf :thumbsup:
Kathie, I read all the Outlander series :D Cant wait for the next one. Tell her to buy the "Lord John" series too. She will really want to read it at some stage as she will get background stories there for the "Outlander" series :thumbsup:
Ruthie, frozen wine :eek: Think I'll pass :lol:
Chammi, Ray, Carol, Susan, Elaine :heart: , Mary, Patti, everyone ...... hugs and big wave to you all :wave:
I am rushing off to work so no time to reply to everyone :wave:

Oh and if posts go missing today ..... Its Friday the 13th, blame it on that :eek: :D :lol:
My parents married on a Friday the 13th, its a lucky day for me :heart:

mooz49
01-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Just ignore Raymo. He is a nut.
Chammi ..... I left Raymo some cupcakes and a bottle of wine ..... that should keep him quiet for a bit ..... :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2012/27632-cupcakes.jpg

Apart from yourself I do know a few people in here ....Carol and Katie :heart: .....and Susan from back a few years ago ..... :D
Lady Carol

My fault this happened, I err........
I know that it was your fault that this happened Carol :rolleyes: ....but well done for fixing it too! :clap:

Kathrin G.
My parents married on a Friday the 13th, its a lucky day for me
....and it was a lucky day for your parents too Katie especially when they had such a talented and pretty daughter......:heart:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone ..... :D ..... this place will not help my New Year Resolution to spend less time online though .....:eek:

chammi kaiser
01-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Ann, those cupcakes look delicious. Wasted on Raymo.

Kathrin, I agree, it was a lucky day for your folks. Your work is wonderful and I am sure they are really proud of you. :)

Howard, I baked a chicken, mushroom and bacon pie. It looks pretty good. Always get my meals done early in the morning before I start work. Leaves me free to chat during lunchtime and after work.

I find these posts that appear and disappear really weird. Perhaps the Cyber police are checking us out.:eek:

Back to the grindstone. Chat later.

Hugs

idylbrush
01-13-2012, 09:35 AM
It would appear that overnight things settled down a bit. I see entries returning and I am finding that I can access all the pages again. Off to a running start again!

The chicken and bacon pie sounds wonderful. Sounds like something right up my alley. Last night I had a simple frittata of bacon, onions, garlic, cheese. A simple salad and dinner was complete.

Still having a few issues with my teeth, none of them good.

Put together another cabinet this morning and it's only 8:30 AM. Have one more to put together and then I can start putting things back in place. The one I built this morning was the nine-hole cubby that's been sitting in my living room the last two weeks. Glad to have that done.

Trying to water in the plant that I put in the ground the other day. It seems to be struggling. It took a long time to get around to planting and I'm afraid that I may have waited too long. There's always hope.

Thrilled to have my computer back. It was touch and go there for a few days but I made it through and now everything seems to be in order. Apparently there were multiple problems including a bad logic board, a bad optic drive, and a bad optic drive cable. Enough to keep things hopping.

susme48
01-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Morning all...so very cold here this morning!! Seems to be holding at 27°, so I am huddled by the heaters. Makes it very hard to want to do anything...tho' it does cut down on my "bad girl moments" (I know I am bad, I started smoking again, when Bob passed) I have cut way down since I started making myself go outside to smoke.

Friday the 13th huh? At this point, every day holds the same degree of horror...lol...not much. If I wake up, I figure I am good for the day.

Cupcakes look yummy! Wish I had your motivation Howard...mine appears to come and go at will, and is not often with me. Whereas my procrastination skills are improving by leaps and bounds....lol

Still have not decided if I am going to start working at least part time or not...will try and see if I can make it on my "widow's mite" for a bit, and see if selling a few paintings here and there will hold me. I did have a job offer, which I would take, if it pans out...she just seems to be in no hurry to change the status quo at her office yet. The idea of working again, at 61, after 12 years of unstructured work...cause taking care of Bubba was work...only 'scares' me because of the need to get back into a routine. I have not had one of those in a long time. Need to go see him at the center, been remiss with all the rain and cold.

Well....need more coffee....later all!

chammi kaiser
01-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Susan, it is so good to have you with us. I can well imagine that working again, scares you. It is a whole new world out there. I wish you much strength as you consider this big change in your life. Take things one at a time. You have taken the first step towards the smoking by only smoking outside. That is brave. Also , your wonderful little grandchild will be a source of joy and perhaps help a little to ease the pain. I know, I speak for many of your friends here on WC when I say how happy we are to see you painting again. A very warm hug from me.

Howard, I am sorry about the tooth problem. Nothing worse than that kind of discomfort. Just the word 'dental specialist' gives me the heeby jeebies!!!
Great that you have your computer back and working. My laptop is so important to me and I would hate to be without it even for a day.

Ruthie, you will have to pass some of that wine on to Howard for cooking purposes. What a lousy thing to have happened. Loved the photos of the little ones. They look so intent.

Raymo
01-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Sorry, the cupcakes are all mine. You girls know how I am about sharing....:evil:

Thank you, my fellow Irishman.

noodle1
01-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Morning all,

Had a lot to read, yesterday kept seeing pages that wouldn't access and kept getting pm notices in my email but they were those already there from days ago, which I answered and now wondering if those went to whom they should have..haha or are somewhere in cyber space. Deleted them from email and they'd show up hours later..haha leave it to technology...haha

Hi Sue, this could very well be the fourth time I've said welcome back, haha but I think only one stuck. Have to admit that going back to work takes a bit of mental rearranging but in a heart beat I would have gone back at any time. There's a kind of nice freedom to being able to but so long as you can get by and paint hell why not. haha You'll go when you're ready nice that there is an opportunity tho. Honker down girlfriend, sounds like here :eek: cold cold cold.
Wind advisory up so should make it even colder, I'm with you stay by those heaters. When you go see Bubba please say hi for me and give him a hug.

Most of the posts I couldn't see yesterday guess was the same for you too.

Hi Chammi, tried to get back to you too yesterday but apparently it went somewhere else, wonder who is scratching their head at what was written.
Hope you have a great day sweetie.:heart:

Hi Shirl, sorry my dear friend not terrible chatty and I've gotten a tad disgusted with Skype as well, between my computer and all the gliches on here for the first time ever I've actually stopped talking...roflol Love ya tho but you know that.

Howard I'm so happy you got back your computer so quickly and it seems to be working just fine thank goodness. That was a pretty expensive quote on repairs what a difference huh, talk about taking advantage holy cow.

Hi Kathrin lovee, your parents got married on Friday the 13th and I got married on April Fools Day :lol: just goes to prove that from what is deemed the worse days the best comes from it, there's you and there's Larry never forgetting our anniversary...:lol: Have a great day cutie..:heart:

Hi Anne so happy to have you join us, I'm not sure we've met either but I'm not here as long as some, next time you're giving away those kinds of cupcakes throw me some they look outrageous, in a good way..haha

Hi Kathie how's it going girl, Ruthie hi, frozen wine, hmmm well slushy wine
isn't the worse, add some strawberry's I'll take my alcohol anyway I can get it...:D Too funny and I'm surprised the bottles themselves didn't explode.
Loved the flash light pixs.

Hi Raymo my man, you must have been sleeping on the job their boyo, all the gemlins just put cothspins on their noses and creeped on by..:heart:

Hi Miss Carol, not in the doghouse per say tho at this point in time wouldn't mind having the life of a dog..haha seems a whole lot simpler..haha

Maureen if ya have the opportunity to get one why not, everyone I know that has one is a big fan. It would just be something else technical that would give me a headache so I don't have one but I think you'd enjoy it and it would come in handy so why not.

Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone so big hello to all just in case.

Winds starting to pick up here, should add to everything else quite nicely..haha sounded like a tornado just whizzed by guess I should get done on here what I need to before I loose electric..haha which is a big possibility if this keeps up.

Hope everyone has a great day I will check back later to see if this post still exists..haha

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2012/36241-Broccoli.jpg

Just doing a walkthrough in the garden and realized that the broccoli has started to head up. All of the plants (9) are showing signs of heads.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2012/36241-shootingstar.jpg

Shooting Star that I had on the back porch far to long.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2012/36241-rose.jpg

Don Juan Rose, just trimmed back a bit about a month ago. Showing signs of buds for the deep red flowers to follow.

Finished the second frame cabinet. Started to fill it. Now to get some frames on the wall behind the cabinets. Moving the shelving system from over the work table to over the cabinets. Hope my idea works.

Used a nice dose of fish emulsion on the new plants and the veggies. Always good for a boost.

Raymo
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Merwyn :cat:....slept through the night again. I think it has to do with the weather. He was just at the slider looking out and I opened it so he could go into the backyard. The mid twenties cold air hit him in the face and he just turned around refusing to go out. Why you little punk !

Charlie's Mum
01-13-2012, 02:59 PM
The mid twenties cold air hit him in the face and he just turned around refusing to go out.
Got his head screwed on right, that's why!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you want to go out in that cold? :lol:

Ozone
01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Friday 13th, yep, it is a dangerous day.

EVJyEjkOWek&feature

idylbrush
01-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Quite the day in the studio. Assembled a 9 hole cubby, then another frame cabinet. Outside for a bit to work in the garden. Fertilized the veggies and the newly planted shooting star. Installed a few new lights in the low voltage garden lighting.

Installed a new door to the studio. A bit tedious and fussy. Cutting the holes, fitting the hinges made it a bit difficult. Still have a bit of adjusting to do but overall it turned out well. Didn't fall off the hinges, didn't hurt anyone and no one was maimed or disfigured in the process. That's a pretty good day in my book.

chammi kaiser
01-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Oz, that is really funny. I think I tend to whizz around a bit like that. Drive too fast for one thing. Thanks for the laugh.

I got on with a load of household chores this morning. Ughhh. just hate housework. Cleaned the entire fridge and freezer. Got rid of all those little leftovers that one thinks one can incorporate into an omelette or something.
I've decided to go on strike, join Raymo in his tent, drink wine and eat delicious cupcakes.:D Ray, I'm on my way.:wave:

Chat to you all later from the tent. Am busy packing.

Kathrin G.
01-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Good morning :wave: You sure chat up a storm in here :eek:
Howard, love your garden :clap: And if that day is a quiet day .... I dont want to see your busy days :eek:
Chammi, wanna come and do the same here :crossfingers:
Hi Oz my dear friend :heart: Missed ye :heart:
Raymo, Maureen is right, clever cat you got there :thumbsup:
Elaine, guess we are both loving the odd days so :lol:
Susan, stay warm girlie :grouphug:
Anne, that was so sweet of you to say :heart: My dad died before I started, so he never got to see any of it :crying:

Think I finished the retirement commission I had to do :crossfingers: Painted till 1am last night and back at it this morning at 9am. Just took a photo to email it off, so will wait and see what the answer is. Hoping to finish my DS painting today too so that I can concentrate on my next commission. Himself is getting anxious for me to start. He is hoping to hand it to the client before the end of this month :eek: so better get off my butt and swing the paint brush :wave:

mooz49
01-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Quite the day in the studio. Assembled a 9 hole cubby, then another frame cabinet. Outside for a bit to work in the garden. Fertilized the veggies and the newly planted shooting star. Installed a few new lights in the low voltage garden lighting.

Installed a new door to the studio. A bit tedious and fussy. Cutting the holes, fitting the hinges made it a bit difficult. Still have a bit of adjusting to do but overall it turned out well. Didn't fall off the hinges, didn't hurt anyone and no one was maimed or disfigured in the process. That's a pretty good day in my book.
:eek: Howard ....do you ever stop? ....

Oz ....cute baby video ....wasn't expecting the bit at the end though!

chammi kaiser

I've decided to go on strike, join Raymo in his tent, drink wine and eat delicious cupcakes. Ray, I'm on my way.

Chat to you all later from the tent. Am busy packing.

:lol: Good Luck Chammi....:crossfingers:

Mornin everyone ..... :wave:

idylbrush
01-14-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't dare stop. Hard to hit a moving target. LOL

This redo of the studio is taking much longer than I thought. I am only half through the process right now and it is daunting. When done it should be amazing, not great but certainly a source of some humor. The hardest part for me is to throw things out. I can't bear to throw out good materials. I need to lighten the load but it is a difficult balance.

Adjusted most of the issues out of the door. Still a tiny bit more to go but it is closing and locking. A good start. May be able to make the final adjustments with a belt sander. It is just a hair off.

chammi kaiser
01-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Am going to a concert tonight in the big Musikhalle in Hamburg. It is the British Ukulele Orchestra. I saw them last year and they were fantastic. So this is my last chat until tomorrow when I arrive in Raymo's tent!!:lol:

Howard, glad your are doing so well with the studio. I also hate throwing things out.

Kathrin, not a snowball's hope in hell.:evil: I never want to see another fridge again EVER!! I have frostbite, backache, nearly dead from utter boredom so am really looking forward to the tent even if it is a bit 'whiffy'. Wow, but you certainly were a very disciplined and busy girl. Well done. I have no doubt the commission will be a success. (none whatsoever)!:thumbsup:

OkeeKat
01-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Hello all!!
Seems everyone is keeping very busy!!
Have alot to do today, trying to get moving, no energy though.
Think family had plans to go places.. gota do some laundry too!

Very cold down here today at 46 with Bad winds!!
Over cast so Mr Sun too cold to come out!

Oz, how funny, thanks for the laugh!!
Kathrin, will definately get the lord john series too, saw them online
and in the library, going to go get the second audio book today,
I know they have the third in hardback so might go get that later.
Anne, those cupcakes surely look yummy, Shame Raymo devoured them already!!

See you all later!! :wave:
Might also make a stop at Hobby Lobby and Michaels..
printed out my coupons!!:D

Kathrin G.
01-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi ya Anne :wave: You should post your photos here too. The one from the road you walk is great :clap:
Howard, you sound so busy already again :eek: I would love to get my room to look like a proper studio. But I am already happy if its reasonable clean :o :lol:
Chammi, it was worth a try :lol: Have fun at the concert :clap: ..... and in Raymos tent :evil: :lol:
Kathie, do stay warm on your travels and enjoy the art shopping :clap:

I called my DS challenge painting finished so on to my commission painting next :D The bg is done, so better get on with the actual painting now. Was hoping to get an email with a few extra photos, but it didnt come yet and I cant afford to wait any longer. Oh well, got to work with what I have :wave:

mooz49
01-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi ya Anne :wave: You should post your photos here too. The one from the road you walk is great :clap:

.....well then .....ok Katie ....coming up ....the road where I walk a few times a week .....
Good Luck with your next commission! :thumbsup:

Chammi ......take pictures of Raymo in his tent! :D :crossfingers:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2012/27632-Ballycastle_Wed.JPG

Kathrin G.
01-14-2012, 12:40 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
It is a stunning photo :thumbsup: and your sooooooo lucky to have such a lovely area to call your home :clap:

Better run out to feed Glory and settle her for the night :wave:

chammi kaiser
01-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Annie, I'm not sure now whether I want to join Raymo or get on the next flight to Ireland. My very favourite person in the whole world as a kid was my Dad's best friend. He was Irish and was kind and beautiful, sang fantastically and I loved him to bits. He died of cancer at the age of 45 and we all missed him desperately as a family. Since then, my greatest wish has been to go to Ireland. Still haven't made it. Maybe next year. Who knows???

I will take photos within the tent . Should be interesting trying to get along with Merwyn. Hope he doesn't jump on MY chest!! Please, please, let him sleep all night. Is the wine ready????

Ozone
01-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi Chammi, I'm glad you enjoyed the video. If you tend to whizz a bit, please be respectful of the flowers and mind the no whizzing signs along the roadside. Haha.

Hi Kathrin, my always special friend :heart: , always missing you. But like I told Susan, I just can't get around like I used to. Still have my lovely dishwasher, but somehow, I do the dishes again. That's not fair... well yeah, it really is... :D

Hey Anne, it was Friday 13th and anything can happen, fortunately it was just a flesh wound. Glad to see you down here with us. When you visit them, say hi to the OLD SparrowHawk for me.

Hi Kathie, it has been a long time. Are you using one of those iPads? ... I know you are still painting. I don't know about the lord john series but I know about Dr. John. "I was in the right place, but it must have been the wrong time" :music: Well that song before your time. Sure would love some fresh fried catfish, hint haha.

Hi Elaine, hope you are feeling better.

Tipping my hat to Lady Susan... next time :heart:

RPut
01-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Annie, that is a beautiful place you live. WOW. I too have always wanted to go to Ireland. My dad's family has Irish roots. Would have to look it up where, but my 102 aunt always refers to Anne Lee as the girl who came from Ireland to Canada several generations ago. Can't wait to get there someday.

Howard, busy busy. It will feel good to have your studio set up.

Hubby has been busy scraping bathroom/bedroom ceilings. There is DUST everywhere in my house. So today I will clean and clean. Rob is painting. When we are done, it will be time to shop for new bathroom/bedroom stuff!

Better get back to it.........

Lady Carol
01-14-2012, 05:09 PM
That was hysterical Oz. It is much better than the original TV ad.

Hello Elaine, Chammi, Anne, Kathy Susan, Howard, Oz, Kathrin, and stinky Raymo (have you showered yet?).

Just dropped off 4 of my pieces to a local gallery, so we will see what happens.

skappy
01-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Hi peeps I droped in out of curiosity and 'it is a jungle out there'' OMG is acrylic hazardous I thought acrylics was using only water I bet there is a fancy medium I ve never heard of:angel:

Anne If I was walking that road only once I ll stop an watch lucky you

Hi everyone this is a fun thread:)

Robert

susme48
01-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Afternoon all :wave: :wave: It is a beautiful day here...compared to what it has been...lol

Howard, I wish you could help me decide how to do my studio...I am still so amazed that I can choose to do ANYTHING and there's no one to say nay...:lol:

Oz, delightful chuckle...:lol:

Chammi...concert sounds like fun, but would love to stow away in your bags for the upcoming trip! (not to Ray's tent...:lol: )

Anne...wow :thumbsup: how very elemental it looks!! I'd go crazy watching the play of light and shadow, and have a gazillion land/seascapes planned!!

Carol, good luck with the gallery!

Robert good to see you in here!

I started playing with an older portrait that I was never satisfied with....and ended up practically starting over. I thought it was the eye that was really off (it was, but just a hair), but it turned out to be the left side of the mouth..:o ...gosh there are way too many ugly stages on the way back :lol: I almost quit and started a new canvas, but hopefully am getting back to where I want to be. Kudos to the artists at Dick Blick...they saved my buns...suggested workable fixative instead of clear gesso to regain some tooth, tho' seemed to think either would work, but the gesso is easier to make mistakes with.

Well, back to the paint :crossfingers: ...later all. :wave: :heart: :grouphug:

Ozone
01-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi Susan and Carol thanks to you both.

Carol you have a gallery now... I guess I have missed some good ongoing stuff.

Did you drop off Vigilant, I hope it sells quickly for you. Best of luck.

idylbrush
01-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Today was a bit of a wash. I didn't get a lot accomplished but it seems like I've been running all day long. I started off by going to the big box home store this morning to pick up parts of a wall shelving system (all that I could afford today) and then came home and got that installed which always takes longer than what you think it will.

After that I went downtown to the kitchen store, the post office, and then back to the market. I had to pick up some peanut butter. While I was there they had a good price on fresh strawberries so I picked up 2 boxes of strawberries came home and got those ready. Made some honey mustard dressing as a dip for chicken. Worked a little bit in the office area setting up a LED light system, nothing big just a little unit.

Went back out to the studio and got a bit more done there, but, not a whole lot. Made adjustments on the studio door so that it closed properly even if a bit tight.

Finished attaching the door latch properly. And that's it for today! Not very much.

One of these days I want to get around to photographing all the artwork I found. When my last hard drive died, I lost an awful lot of images and I want to get in the back again or at least as many as I can possibly put together. I am also trying to back everything up onto thumb drives, just in case...

The computer came back and is working fairly well, there are still a few little glitches I've got to figure out, if I don't get it done by Monday I'm going to give them a call in Houston and see if they can assist.

Other than that not a thing going on around here!

RPut
01-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Tonight is a BIG night for a dear little friend. Ariana is a childhood friend of my kids and has now reached her biggest dream of becoming Miss ND and competing in the Miss America pageant. Tho not really my thing---we are very proud of her accomplishents and wish her lots of luck this evening!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2012/117502-423.jpg
Ariana, Robbie and Julie.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2012/117502-024_2.jpg
Ariana and my daughter Julie.

:smug:

Raymo
01-14-2012, 07:04 PM
I may have to watch Miss America tonight. I take it that's Ariana on the left in both pics ?

Lady Carol
01-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Did you drop off Vigilant, I hope it sells quickly for you. Best of luck.

Aw thanks Oz and Susan,

Yep. The guy took Vigilant.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7437749&postcount=187

He also took Namibian Dreamer my latest piece and a new subject matter for me.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14173551&postcount=34

Luminous
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7025196&postcount=79

and Lady of the Lake
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7888403&postcount=76

(Gave links for those interested)

The gallery has been around for years but I have only just heard about it and it was on WC. They have new owners and are transitioning from selling prints to selling originals. They also have the framing side of things so there is a lot of traffic through the store. He was happy that I brought my art already framed. I was kind of worried that he would have wanted my framing business and as I do it all online, I would have walked away from this opportunity.

The owner also mentioned a first Friday exhibition for me but we will see if that comes off in the future. He has not done a first Friday before and wants to test it on a friend of his first before he does it on artists he doesn't know all that well.

RPut
01-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Yes, Ariana on the left.

Carol--just Beautiful and Stunning. How fun to have a gallery! Good Luck!!

chammi kaiser
01-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Carol, that's great. Your work is so good, I'm sure the gallery will be screaming for more in no time. Holding thumbs.I just love Vigilant.

Ruthie, you will have to show us some photos of the makeover once the dust has settled. I am sure it will be worth all the hard work in the end.

Robbie, great to see you here. You're right, this is a little crazy here but lots of fun. Sometimes we can actually be serious. How is the new assignment going??

Howard, pleased the computer is behaving itself.

Just got back from the concert and it was terrific. Was really tapping my feet and felt like dancing. The orchestra is immensely talented and played some great classical work as well. The one little Uke is so small you would swear it has be born prematurely and the chap played it with lightning fingers. Afterwards walked through the beautiful inner city of Hamburg and the guys had beers while we girls stuck to a nice glass of Chardonnay. Nice evening all round.

Ray are you still in the tent?

Chat again tomorrow. Am off to bed.

Hugs.

Ozone
01-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Susan, I know how great it is to do ANYTHING and no one to say NAY. But sometimes, like an echo, even a NAY is nice to hear as well.

Carol, good to see your work again... and you said you didn't do portraits!! This is the first time I've seen Namibian Dreamer and it looks darn good.

Can you use white chalk or pastel in a few spots for extreme highlights?

Well I got to go, Tebow is playing football tonight. Go Denver.

Hi Ruthie, the wave http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2012/116692-thewave.gif

Kathrin G.
01-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Chammi, glad that the concert was so enjoyable :clap: sweet dreams.
Ruthie, good luck to Ariana :crossfingers:
Carol, fabulous work :clap: I am sure they sell fast.
Howard, to me it sounds like you were pretty busy :eek: but good on you :clap:
Oz, you might need to look after your dishwasher better :wink2: :lol:
Robert, welcome to the mad house :wave: :lol:
Susan, I am full sure you will sort that portrait out, no bother at all to you :thumbsup: Hugs to the rest of the gang :grouphug: :wave:

The evening wasnt as productive as I had hoped :o But I did get a very faint start made on the stallion portrait so thats something. Its nice to be painting a horse again. Better get a decent amount of work on it tomorrow.
Talking of work, I got work in the morning and the clock its telling me its nearly 1am already :eek:
Night night all :wave:

Raymo
01-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Did you get a hamburger ? :rolleyes:

Raymo
01-14-2012, 11:27 PM
I took my tent down, I had accomplished my goal for QDC. Besides, I hadnt taken a shower for sooooo long that my butt cheeks were sticking together. A Haz Mat crew was advancing on my encampment and I beat a hasty retreat. :lol:

That fricken Merwyn kept waking me up last night. I guess he was making up for lost time. He just about became a football in the middle of the night....:mad:

Kathrin G.
01-15-2012, 02:57 AM
I took my tent down .....

Chammi, I guess you are coming to Ireland after all so :clap: :lol:

Good Morning all :wave: Nearly time for me to head to work. Only a couple hours in the morning and again in the afternoon though, so not too bad.
See ye :wave:

skappy
01-15-2012, 03:18 AM
Happy painting or lazy day everyone it is still dark outside the sun is just about to show up it did freeze last night we almost forgot about it

Chammi I have'nt started yet just played with cp and acrylics and ended up here:lol:

Robert

chammi kaiser
01-15-2012, 03:54 AM
Ray, didn't have a hamburger, just a Bretzel. Glad you are going for a shower. Poor old Merwyn having such a restless night. Needs more love and stroking, I think.

Kathrin , what wouldn't I do for a trip to Ireland. Certainly much prettier and sweeter smelling than the tent. I might even clean your fridge for you!!

It is a beautiful sunny day here - minus 4 degrees C but we are going for a nice long walk suitably clad in warm clothing. Probably along the Elbe River which is massive and flowing very strongly at the moment. I love watching the huge ships arrive and leave along this fabulous waterway. I always imagine being on one of them and visiting my friends in other countries. Something magical about harbours. Used to sail a lot with an ex boyfriend in South Africa. We spent days away in sometimes hair raising conditions where the catamaran would lift out of the water and we would battle to get her back again. It was very exciting but scary and eventually got a bit too scary for me.

Chat to you again tonight.

Shirl Parker
01-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Chammi, that is a big river. I just googled a closeup satellite view. Which direction does the river flow? From Hamburg to the North Sea?

OkeeKat
01-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Morning all!!
Slept in this am!!:wave: still cold and breezy this am.. in the 40s..
but at least the sun is out!! warms up nice but air is still cold.
Yesterday it only got up to 66!
Had a nice day out yesterday Art shopping after hubby did his errands,
we did stop along the way many times for some great Cattle photos, caught a few adorable calves!!
Picked up a started package of thos water soluble oils,
my MIL has tried and loves but didnt bring down.
She has Reeves brand, I got the Windsor Newton brand, will try them out and let you know!
After dinner last night we went to the movies and saw "We Bought A Zoo"
was good, guys thought it not as good as they expected.. they of course thought it a chick flick. nahh.
Would love to go see WarHorse AGAIN, it was amazine last week!

Oz, thanks, too cold to go catfishing... though they have alot of it on the menus here in town!! Come on down, will get you some! I dont have an Ipad, I do have my iphone and a new Nook tablet, which I'm still learning about and mostly read my EBooks on and play games!
Anne, what a gorgeous photo, you are definately lucky to be living in such a beautiful area!! My Mothers family is from Ireland, always wanted to visit too!!
Howard, I love your garden photos, very enjoyable. Glad to hear the Studio is coming along. Wish I had more room in this little office. very cramped, but it works for now.
Carol, wow, those finished works are beautiful how wonderful to get in to that gallery, Best of Luck to you!! I love Vigilant most!!
Kathrin, anxious to see your stallion your working on.. you do your horses Sooo well!!!
Ruthie, ohhh How exciting, I didnt get online here last night so didnt see about your daughters friend!! I dont even know how the event went, did it aire on TV last night??
Chammi, I'm with you, would love to take a trip to Ireland! So glad to hear you had a great evening at the concert! Keep warm!!
Robert, So glad to see you here too!!:wave:
Hi and hugs to Susan, Shirl, Elaine, Mary, and anyone else I missed!!
Not sure what the day will bring or what we are doing, I do want to paint some and will be spending it with the family!

:smug: Ohh forgot to share... a new coffee/Candy/Ice cream shop town called "Brown Cow Sweetery" last week we went for ice cream on sunday afternoon
Realized they have NO artwork on the walls.. taked to the lady friday afternoon, she wants to hang alot of my Cow Artwork on the walls on and if sells will give her a commission!! Picking up two others being framed tomorrow and deliver the rest for her to hang!!
Will definately get photos, GRAND OPENING is friday at 10am, mayor and all will be there!! I'm so excited!!!!!!:clap:

Ozone
01-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Morning :music: :music: :music:

Hi Carol, ignore what I said about Namibian Dreamer and white chalk. My first look at the drawing and I thought it was on gray paper. But I know you draw on white paper, my mistake. It was only a white balance issue and we have talked about that before.
So I downloaded and adjusted it for you in Photoshop. It is now a very darn good portrait and I bet it looks much closer to your original drawing. I will upload it to you here, but only if you tell me too. It is your drawing. Won't really matter tho, I think it will sell quickly.

Kathie, maybe someday... thanks... have fun with the EBooks.

Kathrin, :heart: haha, you know she is treated the best.

Hi Chammi, I would like to play a song for you to redeem myself for going overboard earlier. I have never played this on WC and I hope you like the song. Because you teach the Viola I believe.
Actually I like the Cello better, and for those who don't know... just look for the asian chick.
For my newest friend Chammi I give you BOND and Duel.

it0fuzIj0kw&feature=fvsr

Shirl Parker
01-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Fabulous video Oz :clap:

Ozone
01-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Oh, thanks Shirl, I'm glad you appreciated the video. I love to see and hear musicians when they are having fun together. Can't you tell they are really getting into their performance. Their duel. Haha.
I bought their DVD and recommend it, but this is by far the greatest song on the DVD.

idylbrush
01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2012/36241-canvas_cabinet.jpg

Today's studio project was building a canvas cabinet for smaller panels. I was able to move my childhood dresser out of that area and get it empty. Fortunately it was filled mostly with old paperwork most of which I can get rid of. It allowed me to get the nine-hole cubby in place which you can see is nearly full. I may get another and stack it on top. I still have room above the canvas cabinet to hang a few frames. At the moment my living room is littered with frames. I have frames everywhere.

Beautiful day outside, just a slight chill in the air, just enough that I needed to wear a sweater jacket.

Also built a base for an LED wall light so I could place it on my desk.

Raymo
01-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Ariana is a cute young woman. I was surprised she didnt make the final 15. Those cheaters.

chammi kaiser
01-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi Shirl. It certainly is a big river. Last year we watched huge slabs of ice floating around. It was quite a spectacle. The Elbe flows from Hamburg towards the sea.

Kathie, that is great news being able to hang your cow paintings on the restaurant walls. I am sure you will have no problem in selling them. They are all so charming. I have just received a nice big set of Dayler Rowney oils. I won them in a competition - what a surprise that was! I haven't tried them yet - not sure if I have the patience for oils, unless I paint ala prima. Waiting for each layer to dry is likely to drive me scatty. We shall see. I did not know your MIL painted. Wow, I want her for at least 3 months now. You are one lucky lady. Give her a hug from me. She deserves it.

Oz, I am not sure where you heard I taught the viola. Think you have me mixed up with someone else. I wish I could as I love all stringed instruments. Unfortunately, I was unable to play the video is it is not registered for playing in Germany so is blocked. Terribly disappointing. You are so sweet to have thought of such a nice surprise. Wish I could see and hear it. Will try and look up Bond and Duel on the internet - perhaps there is another video. Hug

Howard, your studio is really looking good. Keep up the good work. Hats off to you.

Went for a lovely walk today. It was very chilly but dressed warmly and so enjoyed the sunshine and crisp air. The path with its fallen leaves was frozen hard so walking was nice - not wet and slushy. I love the dogs, the way they show their joy in being outside - running and jumping, chasing imaginary rabbits. I could stand and watch them for hours.

Off to bed, have a busy day teaching tomorrow.

Hugs all around.

mooz49
01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
skappy
Hi peeps I droped in out of curiosity and 'it is a jungle out there''

Hi everyone this is a fun thread

Hi Robert ....I dropped in here too out of curiosity ......I am finding it difficult to keep up with all that is going on though.... :eek:
..... so I shall just take the easy way out, post a picture I took today, and say Hi to everyone .....:wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2012/27632-Water.JPG

Raymo
01-15-2012, 05:45 PM
I bet it gets pretty windy on your walks.