PDA

View Full Version : Different Strokes January 2012 Challenge

Kathrin G.
12-31-2011, 08:01 PM
First of all ......

Happy New Year to you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the new year brings you all the things you hope for :heart:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the January 2012 edition of Different Strokes.

If you would like to host a Different Strokes, please see the Schedule thread here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864282) - it is a sticky near the top of the main forum page.

Please read the guidelines below carefully.

GUIDELINES:
On the first of each month a reference photo (or photos) will be posted in a thread entitled "Different Strokes".

Artwork can be any size on any surface but MUST be acrylic.
Each member interested in taking the challenge will create a painting using the chosen reference(s) (whole or cropped)
and on the 20th of each month participants will upload their interpretation of the reference for discussion within this thread, finished or not.
Be as inventive, creative and different as you wish!

PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD WORK TO THE THREAD BEFORE THE 20TH OF THE MONTH.**

At the end of the month the thread /discussion will be closed and a new challenge will begin.

**Please note, the single 'reveal' date is chosen so that we do not influence each other with our individual interpretations ......
that's the whole point of it being called 'Different Strokes'!
By all means ask questions in the thread or initiate discussion about the challenge - just don't post images!!!:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A new year, a new challenge and a new opportunity to stretch your artistic wings :clap:
I really wanted to bring you a fresh idea for this DS, so I looked through my photos I came up with the ones your about to see.

Be prepared for a step in the past :clap: :lol:
Bet you dont stumble across one of those guys every day :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2011/113357-Triceratops_2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2011/113357-Triceratops_3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2011/113357-Triceratops_1.jpg

This giant is a Triceratops.
I am posting 3 photos because I figured it might help to see what he/she looks like from different angles :) Choose any of them what takes your fancy or combine as you wish.
Feel free to crop the images or change the background too :thumbsup:
And of course it is completely up to you to keep the colours as they are in the photo or to bring them to life with your own chosen ones :thumbsup:

I hope your all up for a bit of fun so grab those brushes and play, play, play :clap:

RayleneAus
01-01-2012, 03:15 AM
My daughter and I have just joined the forum and we took up this challenge today. Lots of fun. Thankyou

Kathrin G.
01-01-2012, 06:30 AM
Hello and Welcome to WetCanvas :wave: I am glad you joined us on the forum and in this challenge :clap:
These challenges are all about fun, so I am looking forward to see what you come up with :wave: :clap:

chammi kaiser
01-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Too nightmarish for me Kathrin but shall enjoy watching what the others produce from these photos.

Charlie's Mum
01-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Well, there's a challenge and a half Kathrin - it's certainly different!:lol:

I've moved the one above this post just in case some people get confused :lol: ...... especially after celebrating last night :eek:

Chammi - sorry you don't feel able to join this one - but we're not all happy with every subject ........ nothing wrong with the choice Kathrin, as you see, it's inspired Raylene and daughter to join us:lol:

Welcome to the forum and the challenge Raylene and daughter - perhaps your daughter can join and post under her own name Raylene?

I'll be making this a little 'different' Kathrin - have to have a bit play ;)

Kathrin G.
01-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Well, there's a challenge and a half Kathrin - it's certainly different!:lol:

I hope being different doesnt put off too many :o :(
I just hoped it might be a change of the usual subjects to paint. I mean, how many Dino DS challenges have been there so far :cool: :D

Chammi, how about you turn the dino into a cuddle toy ? Nobody says he still needs to have skin. He could end up being pink and fluffy too :D :lol: :clap:

PattiLou
01-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Nothing wrong with different. Don't know if I can do it justice but will play a bit. My nephews love dinosaurs!

Were these from a theme park?

Kathrin G.
01-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Nothing wrong with different. Don't know if I can do it justice but will play a bit. My nephews love dinosaurs!

Were these from a theme park?

So glad to have you join Patti :clap: :clap: :clap: And about doing it justice .... I have no doubt that you will :thumbsup:

I think the best thing about painting Dino's is that your imagination can decide so much with them.
Like who is to say that they werent purple with blue dots :cat: Think Disneys Dinosaurs .... they were the ultimate in cute :heart:
Or they can be fierce and fearless, like most boys like to see them.
Or take James Gurneys famous "Color of Light" Book. Now thats a man to put Dinos into paintings in a complete different way.
There is no end to it once you start setting your imagination free :)

Nearly forgot your question there :o :eek: :lol: Yes Patti, they are from a huge Dino Park in Germany. We went there when I was at home in holidays. All the Dinos are set into this big forest. They are all life size, so it was pretty impressive to say the least. The boys loved it :clap:

RayleneAus
01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Kathrin - thanks for the welcome. It was fun - when i first looked at the challenge i thought eww lol I am not an experienced painter - just a beginner and it looked daunting - but i surprised myself.

Could you please tell me the name of the park where the photo's were taken from.

Charlies Mum - thanks for the welcome. My daughter has made her own ID - TaylorAU - She loves browsing this forum as much as i do. I have learnt so much just from reading.

As this is only the 3rd finished painting i have done lol I am really happy with how it turned out. Becuase i still have 18 days before i can show what i did - i'm going to have a play with the other photo's.

Kathrin any chance you have a 4th photo.

DaynaR
01-01-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm excited to join in the challenge. Even thought this will only be the second thing I painted! lol

I have a question for the host. Can I email you the photo on the 16th or 17th to post for me on the 20th? I'm flying 1,000 miles away for hip surgery on the 18th with an unknown coming home and recovery time.

Charlie's Mum
01-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Dayna - welcome to the challenge ......

Use the private Message system here in WC to post the image either to Kathrin or to myself and we'll upload it for you:D
Good luck with the op. - had my hip replaced 14 years ago - still good :D

Raylene - look forward to Taylor's posts too :D

Kathrin G.
01-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm excited to join in the challenge. Even thought this will only be the second thing I painted! lol

I have a question for the host. Can I email you the photo on the 16th or 17th to post for me on the 20th? I'm flying 1,000 miles away for hip surgery on the 18th with an unknown coming home and recovery time.

Welcome to WetCanvas Dayna :wave: Glad to have you join too :clap:
Of course you can, I'll be glad to post it for you :thumbsup: Will send you a message with my email :)
Wishing you a very successful surgery and an extremely speedy recovery :grouphug: :crossfingers: :grouphug:

Kathrin G.
01-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Kathrin - thanks for the welcome. It was fun - when i first looked at the challenge i thought eww lol I am not an experienced painter - just a beginner and it looked daunting - but i surprised myself.

Could you please tell me the name of the park where the photo's were taken from.

Charlies Mum - thanks for the welcome. My daughter has made her own ID - TaylorAU - She loves browsing this forum as much as i do. I have learnt so much just from reading.

As this is only the 3rd finished painting i have done lol I am really happy with how it turned out. Becuase i still have 18 days before i can show what i did - i'm going to have a play with the other photo's.

Kathrin any chance you have a 4th photo.

The park is called "Dinosaur Park Kleinwelka" :) Wow, one finished already :clap: I am soooo looking forward to seeing what you come up with :clap:
I dont think Maureen would approve of me posting another photo :o
But there are plenty other challenges on WetCanvas.
If you click on the links, it will take you straight to them.
Landscape Challenge (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960695)
Floral Challenge (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=960788)
Southwest and Western Challenge (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960669)

Each one of them accepts Acrylics, so take a look and have fun :wave:

DaynaR
01-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, I have a torn labrum. I'd love to say it happened during some awesome sporting moment (like most of them do) but sadly we have no idea how it happened and I don't play sports. lol

The 18th is also my birthday, so happy 33rd birthday to me during hip surgery. lol

I do have to say that I am really excited to start doing this challenge every month. Granted it'll take me a long time to be on par with the rest of you, I still think that every time I put paint to paper I'm expanding my ability to create art. What an amazing feeling and I thank you all for helping me to do this.

RayleneAus
01-01-2012, 09:45 PM
@ Dayna - all the best with your surgery - i wish you a speedy recovery.

@ Kathrin - thanks for letting me know the name - i shall hunt on google for a 4th photo - when i took up the challenge i had a mega cool idea but need 4 photos for it lol

I finished the second one of my idea this morning - my son was laughing at me for starting it at 5 am and now its near midday and i just finished hahaha except for coffee i have not stopped for 7 hours. It is just so much fun.

When i get finished this set of 4 i will challenge myself to challenge the other challenges :)

RayleneAus
01-01-2012, 09:48 PM
@ Kathrin - Just had a look at those links you provided - wow another part of the forum i had not yet seen lol how big is this place.

purplefire1
01-01-2012, 10:19 PM
I think I might give this a try. I've only finished one painting before.

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 05:39 AM
The 18th is also my birthday, so happy 33rd birthday to me during hip surgery. lol

I do have to say that I am really excited to start doing this challenge every month. Granted it'll take me a long time to be on par with the rest of you, I still think that every time I put paint to paper I'm expanding my ability to create art. What an amazing feeling and I thank you all for helping me to do this.

We will be all thinking of you on the 18th :thumbsup: :crossfingers: :grouphug:

You are well on par because we love looking at all the different styles of artwork :clap:

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 05:50 AM
@ Kathrin - thanks for letting me know the name - i shall hunt on google for a 4th photo - when i took up the challenge i had a mega cool idea but need 4 photos for it lol

I finished the second one of my idea this morning - my son was laughing at me for starting it at 5 am and now its near midday and i just finished hahaha except for coffee i have not stopped for 7 hours. It is just so much fun.

When i get finished this set of 4 i will challenge myself to challenge the other challenges :)
Raylene, I send you a message :wink2: :thumbsup:

Sounds like you have lots of fabulous ideas and I am really looking forward to the reveal date :clap: :clap: :clap: Makes me happy to see you so enthusiastic :clap:

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 06:01 AM
I think I might give this a try. I've only finished one painting before.

And another big Hallo and Welcome to the forum :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am glad I can inspire so many new members to join into the fun :D :clap:
It doesnt matter if you finished 1 painting or 100 or if you never painted before. Its all about the fun factor here and taking part :thumbsup:
Looking forward to your painting :wave:

Rajashree Chanda
01-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Difficult and huge...don't know whether I'll be able to join this time......order pending...but then, never know....:)
Innovative and different undoubtedly Kathrin...some challenge....

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Difficult and huge...don't know whether I'll be able to join this time......order pending...but then, never know....:)
Innovative and different undoubtedly Kathrin...some challenge....

I really hope you will join Rajashree :wave: :crossfingers:
Its only as difficult as you want to make it. Crop it, change it ..... you make your own rules here :thumbsup: Just have fun :)

Mustbenuts
01-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Kathrin, it's not a horse....it's even bigger! :eek: :eek: I'm going to give it a try.

Raylene, Dayna and purplefire, a big welcome to Wet Canvas. This place is huge. It has to be to hold all the wonderful information, advice, lessons and art that are here. Besides that, the natives are friendly. :lol: :evil:

Kathrin G.
01-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Kathrin, it's not a horse....it's even bigger! :eek: :eek: I'm going to give it a try.

But you only said no horses :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance018.gif:clap: good on you Andrea :clap: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance018.gif You'll do great :clap:

JFountain
01-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Wow very interesting cant wait to pick up my brushes

Kathrin G.
01-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Wow very interesting cant wait to pick up my brushes

Thank you for taking up the challenge Jermel :clap: I am so glad to hear that http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance010.gif:wave:

DaynaR
01-03-2012, 05:38 AM
I've been working on it all night. Suffice it to say, that painting a dino is way out of my league! However I'm giving it all I've got. That is what is so wonderful about these challenges, painting something I would never have thought to paint. :)

RayleneAus
01-03-2012, 05:48 AM
I agree Dayna .. way out of my league but i surprised myself and i'm proud of what i did

Charlie's Mum
01-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Purplefire - welcome too - it's great to have new faces joining in :D

Raylene - I think Kathrin is PM'ing you, but you could always ask her for extra photos outside the challenge - in fact, she may have them uploaded to the Library here - hold the mouse over her name to get her profile, then scroll to bottom of that page to find RIL photos:D

Anmyone wanting more challenges - in a nice safe environment - check the links in my signature ..... we have weekly 'get togethers' challenges in the All Media Art Forum - link below :D

Peeps - remember - this is not a monster - it's just a shape like any other - all you need to is LOOK, LOOK and LOOK again :lol:

artastic
01-03-2012, 09:18 AM
welcome new members, and what an interesting challenge!

checked out the park: that would be something to see:

"Visitors walk past mock-ups of dinosaurs at the Dinosaur Park in Kleinwelka, eastern Germany. More than 200 life-sized dinosaur sculptures are displayed at the park"

I think I may have to make up some cards for my great nephews!

Charlie's Mum
01-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Mine's drawn out ready to paint - that's very early for me - it's only 3rd today ;):eek:

RayleneAus
01-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Hi Charlies Mum - yes i got Kathrin's Pm - she is a sweety.

What i am doing is a set of 4 - i've done 2 and went to start on my 3rd at about 5am this morning. I spent yesterday setting myself up a painting area on my back verandah - i live atop a hi mountain and the view of scrubland is amasing. Sat down to start painting and my cat had left a present for me at my feet.

I screamed and aghh went inside. No painting today.

Kathrin G.
01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I've been working on it all night. Suffice it to say, that painting a dino is way out of my league! However I'm giving it all I've got. That is what is so wonderful about these challenges, painting something I would never have thought to paint. :)

exactly :thumbsup: Its about challenging yourself, pushing yourself ..... and having fun :D :clap:
Honestly, you will do just fine, I just know it :thumbsup:

Kathrin G.
01-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I agree Dayna .. way out of my league but i surprised myself and i'm proud of what i did

:clap: we are all proud of you too :clap:
naughty cat :eek: hope you'll get to paint tomorrow without surprises :crossfingers:

Charlie's Mum
01-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Gosh Raylene - you must be on a roll!

Don't think the cat's 'present' would have kept me in a painting mood either :eek: :lol:

Dayna - all night? Crikey - you are allowed to sleep y'know! :D

DaynaR
01-03-2012, 05:34 PM

Don't think the cat's 'present' would have kept me in a painting mood either :eek: :lol:

Dayna - all night? Crikey - you are allowed to sleep y'know! :D

LoL, I actually laid down to go to sleep. Then my brain was all "I wonder how it'd look if I put some light color there, and some dark color there".

I got not as much sleep as I would have liked. hehe

RayleneAus
01-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Charlie's Mum

If it wasn't for the cat lol i would be.

What I am doing is only small. It won't be anything as spectacular as what you folks will produce but i think its mega cool lol

I am going to have to spend today moving my art area - i like to get up at 4am or 5am and be creative. Kids and hubby are asleep and the house is silent - its an amasing time to be creative. But I can't do that if the stupid cat has now chosen that spot as its gift giving area. So move it it is.

Kathrin G.
01-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Peeps - remember - this is not a monster - it's just a shape like any other - all you need to is LOOK, LOOK and LOOK again :lol:

:thumbsup: well said Maureen :thumbsup:

Mine's drawn out ready to paint - that's very early for me - it's only 3rd today ;):eek:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kathrin G.
01-03-2012, 06:01 PM
welcome new members, and what an interesting challenge!

checked out the park: that would be something to see:

"Visitors walk past mock-ups of dinosaurs at the Dinosaur Park in Kleinwelka, eastern Germany. More than 200 life-sized dinosaur sculptures are displayed at the park"

I think I may have to make up some cards for my great nephews!

Oh go for it :clap: Your nephews would love dino cards :smug: :D

The park is super, honestly. I would post 1 or 2 photos with my kids in them as examples of just how big the dinos are. But I dont think Maureen would approve in case it confuses people.
Got to keep on the right side of the WC law :wink2: :D

Charlie's Mum
01-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Well, anyone who posted after Kathrin's post on 3rd will have lost their post and be wondering why???????????

OK, Chammi had posted she's in and some more nebies joined us :good!

Painted yesterday and finished mine today - that must be a record for me, yay!!!! Hubby likes it and so I'll frame it for him.

Enjoyed this Kathrin - much fun doing the dino :D

purplefire1
01-08-2012, 12:10 PM
My grand kids sure like my other painting I painted so I hope they like this one only my second painting I've ever done. I'm having trouble drawing it hopefully it turns out so I can submit it.

Kathrin G.
01-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Well, anyone who posted after Kathrin's post on 3rd will have lost their post and be wondering why???????????

OK, Chammi had posted she's in and some more nebies joined us :good!

Painted yesterday and finished mine today - that must be a record for me, yay!!!! Hubby likes it and so I'll frame it for him.

Enjoyed this Kathrin - much fun doing the dino :D

Wow Maureen :clap: I am impressed :clap: :clap: :clap: So glad you enjoyed it :D Cant wait to see it :clap:

I hope people dont think we deleted their signing up posts :eek:

Kathrin G.
01-08-2012, 12:18 PM
My grand kids sure like my other painting I painted so I hope they like this one only my second painting I've ever done.

I see you had to rejoin too :wave: That maintenance sure locked out lots of people :eek: Glad to have you back :clap:

purplefire1
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm glad to be back. It was a maintenance problem at least now I know I didn't do anything wrong. I wasn't sure what happened.

Raymo
01-08-2012, 12:51 PM
OMG....I posted my painting and it's gone now....:rolleyes:

Kathrin G.
01-08-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm glad to be back. It was a maintenance problem at least now I know I didn't do anything wrong. I wasn't sure what happened.

My worry would be about how many people are thinking exactly like that too but wont re-register :eek: :(
Like I said, I am glad your back :clap:

Kathrin G.
01-08-2012, 04:25 PM
OMG....I posted my painting and it's gone now....:rolleyes:

nice try Raymo :evil: :lol: ..... now go paint http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/whip.gif:lol:

chammi kaiser
01-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Well Kathrin, junge Frau, I've sketched my creature and am looking forward to painting it. So glad I found the time to do this. Your photo really stretched my imagination.

Charlie's Mum
01-09-2012, 08:52 AM
If you check the Site Announcements, you'll find the downtime caused huge problems - all threads and posts from 4th (UK time) were lost - owners' techies say they will be restored - we'll wait and see :rolleyes:

I also posted a sticky in the forum here on Saturday. :)

Kathrin G.
01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Well Kathrin, junge Frau, I've sketched my creature and am looking forward to painting it. So glad I found the time to do this. Your photo really stretched my imagination.

:clap: :clap: :clap: super news :clap: :clap: :clap:
Isnt that what these challenges are all about :clap: Starting mine tonight :D

susme48
01-09-2012, 04:14 PM
:wave: Hi all...can an old absentee join in? I was fascinated by your photos...:thumbsup: wow...had to paint it immediately!
Now I have decided that "Fred" needs a buddy...did you happen to get any shots of a brontosaurus? or anything else cool, really. I am now fascinated with these guys...lol :D

Kathrin G.
01-09-2012, 04:29 PM
:wave: Hi all...can an old absentee join in? I was fascinated by your photos...:thumbsup: wow...had to paint it immediately!
Now I have decided that "Fred" needs a buddy...did you happen to get any shots of a brontosaurus? or anything else cool, really. I am now fascinated with these guys...lol :D

SUSAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my sweet friend :heart: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: You just gave me the best EVER present ever by appearing here !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed you so much on WC :heart:
Will send you a pm :thumbsup: :clap:

susme48
01-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks Kathryn!!! Missed you too!!

Colorfur Critters
01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Ok, I have to try this too. I have never painted any kind of dino before and I have lots of ideas.

Thanks for posting the cool photos.

Kathrin G.
01-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Ok, I have to try this too. I have never painted any kind of dino before and I have lots of ideas.

Thanks for posting the cool photos.

glad to have you join us Lola :clap: :clap: :clap:

bluemoonstar
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
:confused: I'm in that group - my post seems to have vanished!
Still planning on doing this - working on the sketch tonight.
this is the first time I've done one of these - do we post our art directly to this thread on the 20th, or do we post them individually in the forum?

Kathrin G.
01-10-2012, 02:59 AM
:confused: I'm in that group - my post seems to have vanished!
Still planning on doing this - working on the sketch tonight.
this is the first time I've done one of these - do we post our art directly to this thread on the 20th, or do we post them individually in the forum?

sorry that your post went lost too but I am happy that your still in :clap: :clap: :clap:
Everyone posts their own work on the 20th (or after) here in this thread :thumbsup: :wave:

bluemoonstar
01-10-2012, 04:42 PM
my first post disappeared, and my post from yesterday is gone too- ??

susme48
01-10-2012, 04:52 PM
this could get confusing...lol

Charlie's Mum
01-10-2012, 05:28 PM
More posts from today have been lost within the last couple of hours :mad:
-from around 6pm UK time.

Kathrin G.
01-10-2012, 06:38 PM
it is getting ridiculous really :mad::mad::mad:

PattiLou
01-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Dare I post??? Ok, I will take a chance... this afternoon I started my little dino and I am almost finished. I can't believe I did this... rolling on the floor laughing at myself. :lol: Now I can't wait to finish it tomorrow and to see what everyone else has done.:D

Kathrin G.
01-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Dare I post??? Ok, I will take a chance... this afternoon I started my little dino and I am almost finished. I can't believe I did this... rolling on the floor laughing at myself. :lol: Now I can't wait to finish it tomorrow and to see what everyone else has done.:D

wow :clap: You are all on a roll here :clap: Think I better get a move on :eek: Maureen, I need those paint buttons :eek: :lol: :eek:
Then again ... they probably go missing again too :rolleyes:

chammi kaiser
01-11-2012, 10:14 AM
I finished my guy this afternoon so all ready to post on the 20th. A challenge indeed. I thought my idea would be easy but not so!!! Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone.

Charlie's Mum
01-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Really looking forward to 20th! :D

Def. not posting those buttons yet - don't want to feed the gremlins :lol:

Kathrin G.
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I finished my guy this afternoon so all ready to post on the 20th. A challenge indeed. I thought my idea would be easy but not so!!! Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone.

I am extra glad that you took part Chammi :clap: Delighted that you took the step outside your zone :thumbsup: :clap:

And as for idea turning out harder then expected .... same here :eek: :lol: Oh well, they do say you grow that way :rolleyes: :angel:

Kathrin G.
01-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Really looking forward to 20th! :D

Def. not posting those buttons yet - don't want to feed the gremlins :lol:

I am looking forward to the 20th too .... but I am not ready for it :eek: :o :eek:
Better get painting without those buttons so :crossfingers: :lol:

susme48
01-11-2012, 03:58 PM
I cannot wait...sigh!! :eek: I had so much fun with the first, that I did another kind of dino...and if you thought THIS one was hard....:lol:

I thought( that might have been my first mistake :confused: ) that I could try and recreate the sort of flora of the Jurassic era, and keep it a bit more realistic...hahaha...I posted it, since it is not the one from here. But it took almost 3 times as long to achieve the effect I thought I wanted. Still not as happy, but I am calling it done (did I just say that??).

Is it the 20th yet???? Huh??? :confused: :clap: :confused:

Raymo
01-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Haha Howard you dork, you're in the wrong thread.....:lol:

Raymo
01-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Susan calling it done ? Haha, I know Susan and she will keep working on it right up to posting time. Ok, I do that too, what can I say ? : )

susme48
01-11-2012, 10:49 PM
No Ray...I have put it up...I could only ruin it to keep going...lol

idylbrush
01-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Haha Howard you dork, you're in the wrong thread.....:lol:
`

Not me, WC is acting up and posting my post in the wrong area. I hit the cafe button and end up in this thread. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Charlie's Mum
01-12-2012, 08:54 AM
I've moved your post to the Cafe Howard - let's hope WC is behaving better today :rolleyes: .........
I know the site has been doing strange things (cost me wasted hours!!!) - it seems easily confused at present!

Looking for a frame for Dino - my DH loves it! How strange!

Charlie's Mum
01-12-2012, 12:23 PM
TEST post to see if the forum page will update itself ......... it's indicating 9th as last post at present!:rolleyes:

Charlie's Mum
01-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Well, it updated partially but shows only 55 replies instead of 72 - 73 with this one!

PattiLou
01-12-2012, 05:26 PM
`

Not me, WC is acting up and posting my post in the wrong area. I hit the cafe button and end up in this thread. :evil: :evil: :evil:
:lol: You are starting to sound like Ray with his missing picture that he painted.:lol:

My Dino is just waiting for the reveal... she is pretty!

Kathrin G.
01-12-2012, 07:09 PM
:lol: You are starting to sound like Ray with his missing picture that he painted.:lol:

My Dino is just waiting for the reveal... she is pretty!

Oh ..... a girl dino :heart: :heart: :heart: :clap:

I finally got a dino appearing on my painting too :D long way to go, so hopefully the 20th isnt coming too fast for me :eek: :lol:

Raymo
01-12-2012, 07:15 PM
How the heck do you know if it's a girl Dino ?

mooz49
01-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Interesting challenge Katie ....it will be great seeing these animals come to life when the wonderful artists here show their work on them. :thumbsup:

Raymo
I thought it would be obvious .... she will be the one wearing the pink ribbon.....:rolleyes:

Kathrin G.
01-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Interesting challenge Katie ....it will be great seeing these animals come to life when the wonderful artists here show their work on them. :thumbsup:

not to late to join you know :wink2: :crossfingers: :lol: You could turn him .... or her :D ... into a cuddly toy and give it to the twins :lol:

mooz49
01-14-2012, 07:28 AM
not to late to join you know :wink2: :crossfingers: :lol: You could turn him .... or her :D ... into a cuddly toy and give it to the twins :lol:
I know Katie..... I could if I would get my act into gear .... :rolleyes:

Kathrin G.
01-14-2012, 07:33 AM
I know Katie..... I could if I would get my act into gear .... :rolleyes:

Just do it :crossfingers: :clap: :clap: :crossfingers: It would be a fabulous start to the year too :wink2: :crossfingers: :lol:

PattiLou
01-14-2012, 08:00 AM
I just know... you'll see!!!:D :lol: :evil:

Kathrin G.
01-14-2012, 11:48 AM
I just know... you'll see!!!:D :lol: :evil:

Cant wait to see it :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kathrin G.
01-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Finished :D Well ..... abandoned really :o :o :o
I had different plans for this Dino, but the painting changed direction on its own and I went along with it. Cant tell a Dino where to go, can ye :eek: :lol:
Roll on the 20th :)

cfo
01-15-2012, 10:38 AM
:eek: What a Challenge!!! Just got back from a seaside holiday,all geared up, but a dinosaur!!!! Well, I'll give it a try, since my new year decicion is to tackle anything!! Thanks for the photo's and wish me good luck!:crossfingers:
Happy Painting,
Charri

Kathrin G.
01-15-2012, 12:25 PM
:eek: What a Challenge!!! Just got back from a seaside holiday,all geared up, but a dinosaur!!!! Well, I'll give it a try, since my new year decicion is to tackle anything!! Thanks for the photo's and wish me good luck!:crossfingers:
Happy Painting,
Charri

welcome on the trip to the dino time Charri :clap: You wont need luck ... you'll be great :thumbsup: :clap:

PattiLou
01-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Welcome to the Different Strokes challenge Charri.:wave: I'll wish you good luck but I'm sure you will do just fine. We're here to have fun, try new things and learn a thing or two... and did I say have FUN? :lol: Looking forward to seeing what you do.

Colorfur Critters
01-15-2012, 08:12 PM
My dino is complete. :) It didn't turn out quite like I wanted but I am looking forward to sharing it with all of you.
This is going to be so interesting to see how everyone painted him/her.

Kathrin G.
01-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Great news :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is going to be so interesting to see how everyone painted him/her.

I think thats the best part about this particular reference .... it is wide open for interpretation and imagination :clap: :thumbsup:

mooz49
01-16-2012, 03:44 AM
I can't believe that I am saying this but I started painting a dinosaur last night!!! :eek:

Kathrin G.
01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
I can't believe that I am saying this but I started painting a dinosaur last night!!! :eek:
Woohoo :clap: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance010.gif:clap: I was so hoping you'd give it a go Anne :clap:
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :clap:

mooz49
01-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :clap::eek:

chammi kaiser
01-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Me, too , Annie girl, will it be a sort of Leprechaun dinosaur??? I was a Leprechaun (hope the spelling is right) when I was a Brownie. 100 years ago!!!!

Kathrin, you have really got things going here and everyone has been challenged. Well done, sweetie.

mooz49
01-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Me, too , Annie girl, will it be a sort of Leprechaun dinosaur???

..... a Leprechaun dinosaur .....yes ....that's what he must be Chammi....
I'm having trouble with his toes .....I think I will just cover them up with grass.....:D :eek:

Kathrin G.
01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Me, too , Annie girl, will it be a sort of Leprechaun dinosaur??? I was a Leprechaun (hope the spelling is right) when I was a Brownie. 100 years ago!!!!

Kathrin, you have really got things going here and everyone has been challenged. Well done, sweetie.

Thanks Chammi :wave: :heart: If it got people thinking outside the box even a little bit and helped everyone to grow .... I am very happy :thumbsup: :D
Hope we will have a good turn out for the 20th :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :clap:

Kathrin G.
01-18-2012, 04:35 PM
.... a Leprechaun dinosaur .....yes ....that's what he must be Chammi....
I'm having trouble with his toes .....I think I will just cover them up with grass.....:D :eek:

Grow some grass girl :thumbsup: :clap: :lol: My dino got no toes either :wink2: :lol:

mooz49
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Grow some grass girl :thumbsup: :clap: :lol: My dino got no toes either :wink2: :lol:YES!!! ..... :lol: :thumbsup:

Kathrin G.
01-18-2012, 05:11 PM
clock is ticking ... the countdown is on :clap: :D :clap:

skappy
01-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi peeps Mine is ready appointed by the two cats:cat::cat: it is an explosive situation I hear them meow!!
Talking about Leprechaun sweetie and I met one on the banks of Lough Derg a while ago he was a nice guy
Robert:cat:

PattiLou
01-18-2012, 08:28 PM
My Dino girl has pretty toes.:D :lol:

Colorfur Critters
01-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Now I had to look at my Dino's toes. They're kinda stubby, to tell the truth. :wink2:

Raymo
01-19-2012, 01:47 AM
If any of you girls are done early, it's ok to show me. You don't have to wait.

Hi....this is Kathrin, it's ok to show Raymo. (he so fine)

Kathrin G.
01-19-2012, 02:59 AM
Cant wait to see all those Dino toes now :D :clap: :lol:
I think we are in for some fab Dino diversity :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Kathrin G.
01-19-2012, 03:01 AM

:lol: :lol: nice try :lol: :lol: Hope your Dino is ready Ray :evil: :lol:

skappy
01-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Hi Peeps 15 hours to go I better check his toes is it midnight GMT?

mooz49
01-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Talking about Leprechaun sweetie and I met one on the banks of Lough Derg a while ago he was a nice guy
awwww ...... how romantic Robert! :heart:

mooz49
01-19-2012, 04:09 AM
My Dino girl has pretty toes.:D :lol:I know I will be so jealous of your pretty dino girl's painted toes Patti! :envy:

mooz49
01-19-2012, 04:11 AM
Now I had to look at my Dino's toes. They're kinda stubby, to tell the truth. :wink2:
That's ok ..... my dino's toes are worse that that Lola! :eek:

mooz49
01-19-2012, 04:12 AM

You wouldn't be trying to trick us now would you Raymo? :eek: :eek: :eek:

mooz49
01-19-2012, 04:13 AM
I better check his toes :lol: :lol: :lol:

mooz49
01-19-2012, 04:15 AM
Cant wait to see all those Dino toes now :eek: :eek: :eek: ....oh dear ...... :o :o :o

PattiLou
01-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Raymo, you have to show yours first... Kathrin said so.:evil:

Kathrin G.
01-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Raymo, you have to show yours first... Kathrin said so.:evil:

:thumbsup: :lol:

Kathrin G.
01-19-2012, 10:00 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: ....oh dear ...... :o :o :o

...or any other part of Dino thats visible :wink2: :thumbsup: :clap: :lol:

Kathrin G.
01-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi Peeps 15 hours to go I better check his toes is it midnight GMT?

when ever it is the 20th with you :thumbsup: ..... or any time after the first one is posted :D :lol: :lol:

Rajashree Chanda
01-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Couldn't take out time.....but waiting for all the Dinos coming our way.....:)

Colorfur Critters
01-19-2012, 11:55 AM
It's almost time for some serious toe checking...

chammi kaiser
01-19-2012, 11:57 AM
My dino has no toes and no clothes!:D

PattiLou
01-19-2012, 12:50 PM
My dino has no toes and no clothes!:D:eek: :eek: :eek:

mooz49
01-19-2012, 12:55 PM
My dino has no toes and no clothes!:D:eek: :eek: :eek: you mean he is .....:o :o :o naked!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: .....oh wait .....so is mine ...... :o

skappy
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Mine is amost naked too:obut he is so sweet:angel:
Robert:cat::wave:

Charlie's Mum
01-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Mine is footless and fancy-free .......... therefore no toes painted or otherwise!
Robert - it's only a couple of hours since you posted, so still a while to go to midnight ;)

Anne - I thought your's would have been paddling along your rocky shore - I think that would be fitting for him/her :D

I'm just hoping I can squeeze mine into the laptop to upload - he's making my desktop burst at the seams (it's about giving up the ghost :eek:)

Kathrin G.
01-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Looks like you are all having lots of fun here already :lol: Naked Dinos, painted toes .... will I throw in some shining lights :cool: :lol:

Kathrin G.
01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Mine is footless and fancy-free .......... therefore no toes painted or otherwise!
Robert - it's only a couple of hours since you posted, so still a while to go to midnight ;)

Anne - I thought your's would have been paddling along your rocky shore - I think that would be fitting for him/her :D

I'm just hoping I can squeeze mine into the laptop to upload - he's making my desktop burst at the seams (it's about giving up the ghost :eek:)

Less than 4 hours :D :clap:
You need a bigger computer if you attempt to keep a dino in it :eek: :lol:

skappy
01-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone to less than two hours here I'd better rcheck the toes
in the meanwhile here is a pict I took a couple of years ago at the Paleontology museum in Paris

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2012/[email protected]

skappy
01-19-2012, 05:57 PM
H

Kathrin G.
01-19-2012, 07:12 PM
thanks for sharing the photo Robert :clap: :wave:
Less then an hour to go for me now. Will be still awake so will probably post then :o :)

PattiLou
01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Cool Robert, I bet that was interesting!

Kathrin G.
01-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Guess I'll be the first :eek: :o :eek:

I had intended to have my Dino disappear into fog. But somehow it took its own direction and decided to go "Into The Light" instead.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2012/113357-Dino_DS_challenge_final.jpg

So looking forward to see you ideas :clap: :clap: :clap:

skappy
01-20-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi Kathrin this is very good the textures on the triceratopsthe mist and the light:clap: :clap:

skappy
01-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Here is ''HELLO TRICY'' size 24 cm x 32 cm hope you like it,I kept a cartoonish style for the bg ,hope Raymo can make friend with him or her I cant tell you never know? I bet he is a fun dude.
Robert http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6107.gif

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2012/157927-Hello_Tricy.jpg

Kathrin G.
01-20-2012, 02:50 AM
Oh Robert she is gorgeous :heart: :heart: :heart: wow :clap:
She looks like she is off on a date. Lucky dino who ever she is meeting :wink2: :D :lol:
Well done and thank you for taking part :thumbsup: :clap:

skappy
01-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Thanks Kathrin glad you like it diferent from yours:lol: I thought this way Raymo wo'nt feel so lonely in his tent:wink2:

Kathrin G.
01-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Thanks Kathrin glad you like it diferent from yours:lol: I thought this way Raymo wo'nt feel so lonely in his tent:wink2:

This is really what I was hoping for ...... a big diversity :thumbsup: :clap: This DS is all about fun and playing and growing :clap: :clap: :clap:

chammi kaiser
01-20-2012, 03:18 AM
I'VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN:music:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/39224-117b_-_Triceratops.jpg

Kathrin, I love your dino - really spooky, misty feeling and Rob, your's is just such a cutie pie. Enough to turn in big fellow's head:)

mooz49
01-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Maureen ..... why didn't I think of painting my dino around rocks and water! :(

Robert love your picture from the Paleontology museum .... :thumbsup: ......and ''HELLO TRICY'' is so cute and pretty! :clap:

Katie .....great work as usual from you. I love your dino going into the mist. He looks like he means business! :eek:

Chammi ...... you've taken to :music: just like Oz .....:thumbsup: and I love your dino "under the skin". Gorgeous warm colours. :clap:

I was going to wait until daylight to get a better picture of my dino Fred. :D The trouble was .....he spotted ''HELLO TRICY'' and insisted on getting here right away! :heart: :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/27632-Dino_painting_2.JPG

skappy
01-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Wow ! Great job on the skull Chammi:thumbsup:
Anne your dino is very good I bet ''HELLO TRICY''gonna love him

chammi kaiser
01-20-2012, 04:47 AM
Ann, what a nice looking fellow. With Hello Tricy - it should be a marriage made in heaven!!!!

skappy
01-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Chammi hope Melanie doe nt find hello tricy:crossfingers: :lol:
Roberthttp://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6107.gif

JFountain
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
By far not one of my best works of art but thats why I love these challenges practice practice practice.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/775222-dino.jpg

JFountain
01-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Skappy I love it so cute and original great work:) Kathrin G. Beautiful in every way so realistic:angel: Chammi Great texture love the thought process great work:thumbsup: Anne Kelly very nice work I love the way you used your greens impressive.

bluemoonstar
01-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Wonderful paintings! :clap:
Kathrin, I think your Dino has a wonderful foggy feeling to it, looks like that diffuse light that happens on hazy days. I'm really impressed with your dino skin - your tri looks alive!
"Hello Tricy" is adorable! What a fun direction to take!
Chammi, I LOVE those textures! Really cool!
Ann, Nice toes! He looks determined... watch out, Hello Tricy!
JF- nice lighting, great idea to put a river flowing through the background.

I had high hopes for completing my painting on time, but work has been busy & my studio was overtaken by a furniture refinishing project... but I finished my work yesterday & I think I can squeeze in to my painting area, so after my DR. appt today I hope to get at least a small painting done. I have my drawing & board ready... "I'll be back....Hasta la vista, Dino baby!"

Charlie's Mum
01-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Wow to the different interpretations already uploaded -I'll comment more fully when I'm not on the laptop - but chammi - you seriously neglected your poor dino - there must be a PCDS (Prevention of Cruelty to Dinos Society) we can report you to!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's Twinkletoes, without her toes;) Approx 5x7" on a piece of mountboard (mat).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/30494-Jan_2012_dino.finished_wc.jpg

Raymo
01-20-2012, 11:21 AM
I got a good laugh out of Roberts dino. Lol, she needs her toenails polished a nice deep red.

Everybody did good.

PattiLou
01-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Wow Katherin, that fog/light looks good and your dino looks real.

What a sweetie Robert. I bet she has a hard time keeping the boys at bay.:lol:

Great texture in your dino Chammi. How did you do it? The color says 'old'.

Good one Anne... He is staring off into the distance at something, maybe all the girl dinos.:lol:

Jay yours has a misty feel too and looks like he/she is going for a drink at the nearest watering hole.

Love it Maureen. Your dino is ready for the comic books or childrens books, great illustration.

PattiLou
01-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Here is my girl dino...
ATC card with a white border.

She is smiling, probably from eating the toxic looking plants, and she has pink toenails. I don't know what made me do it, it started out more realistic and suddenly started painting itself. I couldn't resist putting a smile on her face.:D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/125378-Triceratops_WC-DS_Jan2012-pbh.jpg

Raymo
01-20-2012, 12:55 PM
" that girl ain't right "

Mustbenuts
01-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Kathrin - great skin textures, also really like the depth your mist gave to the forest.

Robert - Tricy is adorable, my guy is in love.

Chammi - clever idea, the bones look ancient and have great texture and color

Anne - Fred has a determined look. He's going to have some competition for Tricy's affections. Love his spots/warts

Jay - your dino looks perfectly at home in the rain forest you created, well done.

Maureen - Wonderful combination of colors. the song "Purple People Eater" came to mind as soon as I saw him.

Here's my guy, Nameless. About 6 X 9 on acrylic paper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/107653-Dino.jpg

noodle1
01-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Wow you guys did spectacular with this.

Kathrin cutie that's delicious :heart: …could be he's thinking the same thing see's something in the mist. Wonderfully painted as usual, great atmosphere.
Those poor guys were the last to disappear this kind of captures that thought.

Robert "hello Tricy" is priceless…LOL She would be a great ad for "Dino Dating".
just love it, so cute.

Chammi girl wow that is awesome!! Great texture and those teeth, detail is fantastic.
I was thinking more on the lines of …You're no"body" till somebody loves you..:D

Anne terrific girl, like the green atmosphere you created.

JFountain…I think he's great, nice play of light..good job!

Maureen, pure delight, love it!! Great color choices too, who needs toes when ya twinkle everywhere else…LOL

Patti love it….hmmm I think she's smirking..full belly and alone at last…LOL
Great job!!

So far they are all amazing, just had to say so…Kathrin you brought out the best in everyone..great challenge.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

chammi kaiser
01-20-2012, 01:28 PM
JFountain. Yours has rather a sad lonely face. Perhaps he'll meet up with Patti's girl and he will be a lot happier.

Patti. I think she's cute. Can see you had a lot of fun. Love those pink toenails and the pink flowers. Really funny. Used some Liquitex Gel medium after the initial blocking in and then played around a lot. Wanted to get that old look. Glad it worked.

Raymo. Where is yours?????

I agree with Elaine, there is some fun stuff appearing. Really was a super challenge Kathrin.

Maureen, I think yours is absolutely wonderful. It would make a superb illustration for a kiddies' book. The colours are wow!!

Andrea. The wrinkles are terrific. Love the fact you made this a vegetarian!!
Nice fellow, I like him.

PattiLou
01-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Andrea, I see your dino found some flowers to eat and also has a slight grin. Great job. Love the background too.

This is fun.:D

Colorfur Critters
01-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Kathrin - great texture on the skin of your dino. Love the fog effect too.

Robert - your “Hello Tricy” is quite the cutie!

Chammi – that looks so real!

Anne – your dino looks so serious, is he debating wine or roses to win Hello Tricy’s heart?

JFountain – I like the way you placed your dino in the forest.

Maureen – love your purple dino and great idea for the background.

Patti – I like that your dino looks so happy.

Andrea – your dino looks happy too, munching away at tasty flowers.

Ok, let me see if I can fit my dino on my scanner - dinos are heavy....

Colorfur Critters
01-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Here we go! 8"x10"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/156192-Dino_diff_strokes_challenge_jan_2012.jpg

skappy
01-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Wow it is raining dinos and triceratops

Well done JFountain You made him a nice bg with a river he looks happy:angel:

Very good Maureen it seems that this guy is on his way to Bethville:wink2:

Nice romantic dino Patti love the little flowers and the smile:)

Great painting Mustbenuts I like the style reminds me of watercolour:thumbsup:

Lovely dino Lola I guess he is Tricy related:lol:

Rajashree Chanda
01-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Love all the cutie tricys...great job everyone....

Kathrin G.
01-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Wow guys, you have me seriously impressed :clap:
I was hoping for diversity and boy did you all deliver :clap: I couldnt be happier if I tried :D

Chammi, absolutely amazing textures, wow. I am ever so glad that you changed your mind and joined :D
Anne, fabulous Dino you got there :thumbsup: And when I said to grow grass to cover those toes .... girl you grew the best grass ever. Can I have lessons please.
Jay, your little Dino looks sad and really touches the heartstrings with me :heart: Any painting what can do that is a painting I love and I sure love yours.
Maureen, wow, love love love your colours. Its perfect in every way :clap:
Patti, your girl is just the cutest little thing :heart: Herself and Tricy will keep those boys on their toes :lol:
Andrea, I think your Dino boy is the Raymo of the Dino world ..... bringing flowers to the ladies :lol: Love your painting :clap:
Lola, you truly made a colourful critter, love the pink glow. Another girl to keep the boys happy :D :lol:

Thank you for liking my Dino everyone :wave: As I said, I had aimed for fog but it turned into something else. Hmmm, wonder if my subconscious reminded me of "Primeval" a series my boys watch a lot. Its got portals with dinos coming from the past and they must get them back there and close the portals. Maybe this is where the light in my painting comes from :lol:

halthepainter
01-20-2012, 03:30 PM
I went off on an entirely different tack. I remembered a Frank Frazetta painting of many years ago. I looked that up and used it as a reference and painted kind of a loose parody of his painting.

12 by 16 on canvas panel.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/140488-painting_copy_of_Frazettas_Tyranasaraus.jpg

Kathrin G.
01-20-2012, 04:01 PM
This is soooooo cool Hal :clap: Love the tense atmosphere in your painting, really pulls you in :thumbsup:

chammi kaiser
01-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Hal, I agree, that is really cooool!!!, but I might add, frightening!

Kathrin G.
01-20-2012, 04:13 PM
I had high hopes for completing my painting on time, but work has been busy & my studio was overtaken by a furniture refinishing project... but I finished my work yesterday & I think I can squeeze in to my painting area, so after my DR. appt today I hope to get at least a small painting done. I have my drawing & board ready... "I'll be back....Hasta la vista, Dino baby!"

Looking forward to seeing your dino :wave:

halthepainter
01-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Kathrin G. fantastic dino, fantastic atmospherics.

Maureen, what a delightful illustration. It's taylor made for an illustration in a children's book.

J. Fountain. Nice work

Anne, wonderful work.

Chammi, luv your skull.

Robert, Tricy is oh so cute.

Colorful Critters (Lola) Such a cute colorful three horned critter.

Andrea, fantastic job, fantastic setting.

Patti, very cool critter there.

old_hobbyist
01-20-2012, 05:45 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/214919-triceratops5.jpg

Mustbenuts
01-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Patti - Your dino has a secret smile...she must like her very sexy pink toes. Too cool :clap:

Lola - love your dino's sweet expression and her beautiful colors.

Hal - Wonderful! The gesture you captured on the dino makes him look ready to attack. :thumbsup: Glad that angry glare is not directed at me.

halthepainter
01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Old Hobbyist, looks as if you're into "Steam Punk", it's a nice fun piece.

Andrea, I get no creative credit for my piece. The creative process was all Frazetta's.

Kathrin G.
01-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Old Hobbyist ....... wow :clap: I just love what you did with your Dino.
Looks like something every little boy would just love on his wall :clap:

Mustbenuts
01-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Old Hobbyist - Dinosaur as "The Terminator" ....love it!:clap::clap: I expect him to march off the page and into the TV set to give Arnold a hand. :eek: :lol:

skappy
01-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Hi Hal nice to see you here great composition I love it

Old hobbyist your robodino seems upset well done

Good night peeps see you tomorrow

Robert

Colorfur Critters
01-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Hal, I love your painting, lots of action.

Old hobbyist that is a great idea-a "robodino" as Robert calls it.

susme48
01-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I've been waiting so long, I almost forgot...:eek: :lol:

Meet my Fred...11x14 on black artboard...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/51170-mydino2.JPG

Everyone did such a great job...love them all!! :clap: :clap:

Kathryn...wow!! What detail...wonderful job! :thumbsup:

Robert...so cute!!

Chammi...wonderful idea!!

Anne, nicely done!! And you named him after my Fred...lol

JF...I like him...you have a grasp of the shape, you just need a bit of refining, but practice is the key, for sure!

Maureen...I should have expected lots of color!! She is lovely...and I like the 'eye' on her 'knee'

Patti...love her, and her toes!!

Andrea, wonderful...so realistic!!

Lola, another nice colorful dino!!

Hal...this is great!!

old hobbyist...he looks scary and colorful...almost metalic!!

PattiLou
01-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Lola, your dino is "Pretty in Pink".

Hal, I don't remember the painting but it looks like trouble in the making. Are they gonna fight?

old_hobbyist, Yikes... transformer or robot or both? Maybe from Mech Warriors and definitely want to stay out of his way!!! Very Cool!!!

I see Fred has arrived... good to have you participating Susan. Nice painting too.

Thank you everyone for your nice comments on my girl dino. She appreciates it. :lol:

Colorfur Critters
01-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Fred looks great, Susan! I really like how you did the bg too.

Kathrin G.
01-20-2012, 08:03 PM
fabulous painting Susan :clap: I love the wrinkles on his neck and front legs so much, great 3D effect :thumbsup:

susme48
01-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks, Patti, Lola, and Kathryn!! I do like how the wrinkles turned out...if I only knew exactly how I did it...sigh!

halthepainter
01-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Susan fantastic piece of work. You really got up close and personal. Very well done.

DaynaR
01-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Here's mine. Unfinished, any tips to make my dino look more real? I know it has something to do with shadows and angles..... I don't know what size the canvas board is, like 6 by 8 or something? It's downstairs. lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2012/984016-dinopaint.jpg

Kathrin G.
01-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Dayna :clap: I was thinking about you the last couple days. Did you get the surgery done already or did it get delayed ? In any case ... :grouphug: 's to you :wave:
Love your painting girl :clap: I knew you didnt have to worry :thumbsup: Your background is super and I love the inquisitive look on your dinos face :heart: and it looks pretty real to me already :thumbsup:

chammi kaiser
01-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Lola. What a cutie with those spots on her pink skin. I think she needs to stay out of the sun. Wouldn't mind her for a pet.:heart:

Old Hobbyist. A Triceratops/dragon belching smoke. Wouldn't like to meet him in the forest - nasty character:eek:

Susan, sweetie, hats off to you for those great wrinkles. Looks like he is taking great care not to let anyone near his grazing territory. The look in those eyes says it all!

Dayna. Was also wondering whether you had had the op. If so, hope all is well. I think you are doing just fine with your Triceratops. If you take a look at Kathrin's painting, you will learn a lot about tones. Looking forward to the finish.:thumbsup:

Spottters
01-21-2012, 11:32 AM
I would like to join the challenge......is that still okay?

DaynaR
01-21-2012, 12:00 PM
thanks for the kind words. I havn't had a chance to work on it since my second day. :(

I had to put off hip surgery till the 28 of March. Having trouble with insurance. They say the don't need to pre approve/pre auth, but the surgery clinic says they do. sigh. So it's hard to get someone to "approve" something that they don't require approval for! lol

I've always been self employed, and decided to start a career, Kinda. Our ultimate goal is to relocate to our property in Hawaii. So I took a job with a coorporation in middle management to train in upper management to open a store for them on the Big Island. A lot of "if's" have to happen but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Susan, your dino looks so real! I'm going to use you for inspiration to finish my dino. Beautiful, also love those ferns!

Old Hobbyist, awesome! makes me think it could be an album cover!

Halthepainter, I'm singing land of the lost just looking at your painting. My favorite part of that painting is the volcano, it looks so fun!

colorfulcritters, you were able to capture all those little shadows that I have such a hard time with that makes it look so real! Beautiful!

Andrea, I think that Dino is coming right off the paper! The flowers were a nice touch. Makes it look a nice dino. :)

Patti, my daughter and I decided your dino is def a fashionista! We love her toes!

Maureen, I love how it reminds me of a stain glass. Your trees and grass are amazing, well the whole thing is amazing, but I love the trees and the grass. :)

JFountain, I love it! Your dino is really cute! And I'm jealous of the angle you and a few other people chose to do!

Anne, he's beautiful! I love the texture of his skin. He looks amazing.

Chammi, you'rs was my hubbys favorite! I love the detail!

robert, HELLO TRICY! hehe she's so cute!

Kathrin, amazing misty dino! Looks so real and I really liked this angle.

Kathrin G.
01-21-2012, 12:15 PM
I would like to join the challenge......is that still okay?

Of course you can :thumbsup: :clap:

skappy
01-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Susan your dino is very good he looks so serious :thumbsup: nice bg too

Dayna I like the light in your paintingI ll check it later
good luck with your srurgery Btw I would'nt mind to be relocated to big island that is pretty cool in fact I restarted drawing on a trip to Kona:)

Spottters
01-21-2012, 07:50 PM
This is my entry 14X18 canvas....had fun doing this :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2012/984009-DinoA.jpg

halthepainter
01-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Well Spotters, I see you got him in by a nose. :lol: :lol:

Kathrin G.
01-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Dayna, I hope you get your surgery troubles sorted fast :crossfingers: :grouphug: There seems to be nothing ever straight forward in hospital business :rolleyes:

Spotters, I love your take on it :clap: Its abstract yet realistic .... just super :clap: :clap:

susme48
01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Spotters...I love it!! What a great interpretation!

Colorfur Critters
01-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Dayna - good job on the lighting in the trees. Also your dino looks so friendly!

Colorfur Critters
01-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Spotters - creative idea for the dino & bg, well done.

bluemoonstar
01-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Finally! Here's my sparkly entry - He's looking to take Hello Tricy out to a Dino Disco under the stars! Painted on 4" round, wood. The horns aren't as glossy as it looks here, the camera reflected on the gloss from the touches of glitter.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2012/93432-sparkly_dino180.jpg
and now to catch up on comments from where I left off-
Maureen, love it! The background trees, reminds me of the Fauvists.
Patti- Aw, what a sweet expression! The flowers are a nice touch.
Andrea, very nice! Its the perfect setting for him.
Lola, once again, a stunning color combo! I love your critter!
Hal, I remember that painting too! Man, that is one buff T-Rex you've painted!
Old hobbyist- great take on the Tri, he's got some real attitude!
Susan - wonderful fold & wrinkles, love the lush background too.
Dayna, good start - hope you get lots of inspiration from some of the other dinos! I like the background light you're developing.
Spotters- very cool! Had to look close to see if it was paint or glass, that would be a great mosaic.

gakinme
01-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Kathrin, thank you for the reference photo. This morning I checked into this thread for the first time this month, not being a regular yet. What a nice surprise to have a dino to paint from. How often do we have dino challenges on Wetcanvas. Loved it and had to participate.

Your dinosaur looks so real in its environment. Easily a page out of a dino book.

Robert, yours looks so fun. She looks like a really young one ready to explore and have some fun. Definitely has a touch of Japanese flavor to it.

Chammi, what a great idea to do its anatomy!

Anne, beautiful greens! And it has super long horns that makes this creature very elegant.

JF, I like the loose bold strokes of your dino. The misty forest looks good too.

Maureen, love your piece and the colors you used. A delight for any kids' room!

Patti, the toxic looking plant probably is psilocybic. Your dino looks totally out to lunch with that spaced out smile. Good job!!! I like the plant and the foilage too.

Andrea, Nameless looks happy with his lunch. He looks like a regular with this diet. One of those determined to keep fit type.

Lola, what great pink color to the dino. Very effective color combo and I like the bumps on it.

Hal, it looks like those two are ready to battle. Great shining greens! The T-rex has great teeth and the triceratop has some good strong muscled limbs and tail too.

old hobbyist, a very nice take on this Indian dino. Very whimsical. And it even has an armor!

Susan, yours have very alert eyes and pose!

Dayna, I like the forest already. Looking forward to see the finish.

Spotter, what a creative interpretation. And the colors gradate so well, so realistically!!It's beautiful.

bluemoonstar, yours is spectacular. I want to take this one home for my kids. Love all the glitter and the mix of colors! Do you put gesso on the wood first? Is there glitter acrylics out there?

Here is mine.

Stillman & Birn Beta 180 lb spiral sketchbook 9x12 inch
Golden and Liquitex acrylics
Lyra 2B graphite crayon

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2012/86669-tricer01_final.jpg

Kathrin G.
01-22-2012, 03:01 AM
Oh my goodness Pat .... it is fantastic :clap: I too looooooove the glitter in this. Your Dino belongs into a Disney fairytale :thumbsup: :heart: Come to think of it, it could very well be a girl too, waiting for her Prince Charming :D

Sandra, just my thoughts when I picked this ref :D So glad you stopped by and took part :clap: Now your Dino is seriously annoyed at somebody :eek: :lol: Wonder is one if the other boys after his girl :evil: :lol: I think its fabulous :clap:

halthepainter
01-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Pat, great job on your bluemoon dino. The sparkly moonlight really looks great.

Sandra the devil Dino looks great. Or is it Tricy from Hell??? :evil:

PattiLou
01-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Oh goody, more dinos!

Dayna my little dog cocks her head like that all the time. Not to worry, you have a good start... keep going and post an update. Shading takes a little practice, study the pictures and paintings to see where it is placed and you will be shading in no time.:thumbsup: Sorry about your medical issues, insurance is always a bother to mess with.

Betsy that is so cool. Very different and creative and the colors are great.

Pat your dino is ready to disco for sure. The blue really looks like moonlight.

Yikes Sandra, I don't want to meet up with a scorned dino. Hope he gets his girlfriend back soon.:lol:

JFountain
01-22-2012, 10:59 AM
First Thank you for all the nice comments about my work you all are becoming like family. Can't wait to see whats in store for next month. Maureen I love your rendition great colors :) Patti very nice work and nice smile I also love the trees :wave: Andrea Nice wok the way the trees lean in pulls you into the painting :thumbsup: Lola Very nice pallette;) Hal very different I love is so lit up and so different;) Old hobbyist Nice work blowing off some steam I see:cool: Susan Great job I love the backround also:cat: Dayna R I think he's nice and the trees are also super cool stick around buddy trust me in time you'll be blending and your paintings will get where you want them to be this is a great place to gain insight and technique. :) Spotters Very unique and different I love it:wave: Pat Cool love your palette and the light great job:D Sandra Nicely done wouldn't want to see him in a dark alley lol :evil: Jay

Charlie's Mum
01-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Wow - more fantastic dinos!
I have a lot of commenting to do when I get my own computer back and in action!
WOW Peeps - amazing interpretations! :lol:

bluemoonstar
01-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments! I got a much better picture of it outside in the daylight, but WC won't let me edit my previous post. I'm going to repost it, I hope nobody minds. (The fuzzy pic with all that glare is really bugging me.:o )
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jan-2012/93432-good_dino-3x3-180.jpg

PS-Sandra, yes, I gesso the wood first. and the glitter is in a clear polymer base, there's a couple companies that make it, I used DecoArt Craft Twinkles.
And whoa! You painted one Devil of a Dino! Wouldn't want to be standing in front of him!

Hal, got a chuckle out of your "bluemoon" dinosaur comment!:lol:

chammi kaiser
01-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Pat, what a delightful fairytale creature, all starry-eyed and unthreatening!!

Betsy, great angle and like those giraffe pattern shapes in the background.

Sandra, your fellow looks like he had an all night session in the Jurassic Park Disco - or he is sending out a very angry message with those red eyes. Real character!!

skappy
01-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Very nice abstract dino Spotter I like it

Gakinme your dino seems furious it will make a great gargoyle

Lovely fairy tale dino Pat:thumbsup:

Colorfur Critters
01-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Pat, I love your blue dino, I would love to see how it sparkles in real life.

Sandra, love your version of the dino. I think he looks like he has a hangover. :wink2:

RayleneAus2
01-22-2012, 10:37 PM
i need to work out how to post a pic lol

RayleneAus2
01-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Had to delete my post - my pictures were huge

halthepainter
01-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Raylene you normally have to have made 4 or 5 posts before you are allowed to post a photo.

You should be able to post a photo now, just be sure neither the horizontal nor vertical sides of your image exceeds 800 pixels.

Just resize your images a bit smaller to fit in this pixel restriction.

RayleneAus2
01-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Trying again after resizing lol

These are done on MBF board - i think that is what its called. I turned the dino into a place mat. Now as this is only my 3rd and 4th attempt at painting lol be kind :) I never got to do my 4 - life got too busy.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/rory1999/dino1.jpg

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/rory1999/dino2.jpg

RayleneAus2
01-22-2012, 11:29 PM
oh still too big - i will resize again in photobucket and make them shrink - i think

halthepainter
01-22-2012, 11:51 PM
They are quite nice. They can be larger so we can see them better.

RayleneAus2
01-23-2012, 12:44 AM
are they still huge on your screen? I shrunk them in photobucket but are still huge to me

Kathrin G.
01-23-2012, 03:16 AM
Pat, Fairytale Dino looks even better with a good photo :clap:
Raylene, I was missing your Dinos so I was really glad to see your name pop up :) The images are absolutely tiny my friend. Resize to 800 or just under it (I usually do like 650 on the longest side) If it looks huge to you, dont worry. Might be only your screen resolution. I really hope you repost because from what I can see these are absolutely super :clap: :clap: :clap: Love your idea too :thumbsup:

skappy
01-23-2012, 04:00 AM
Raylene you dinos seems very good but it is difficult to enjoy it an a small picture yep as Kathrin said it could be your sceen resolution I have noticed that the resize tool in photobcket does nt work all the time and it is real slow I use photoshop .
The size you're posting is 154 x 120 it could be up to 800 for the largest and the file should not exceed 200 ko

Robert

RayleneAus2
01-23-2012, 04:17 AM
LOL on my screen they are absolutely massive. I am sorry i do not know what 800 is but i uploaded again to photobucket - so i am going to have to rely on you folks to tell me if they are too big.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/rory1999/dino1-1.jpg

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/rory1999/dino2-1.jpg

I really had no idea what i was doing - i do not know techniques or anything - i just did what i thought looked good. I was happy how they turned out.

mooz49
01-23-2012, 04:22 AM
WOW! ...... what a great variety of Dino paintings and all so different! :clap:
Katie you must be very happy with the response to your challenge! :thumbsup:

skappy
01-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Well done Raylene theyre very nice thanks for going through the touble you resized at 600p wich is reasonable
I think the reason is that your cp monitor must be 800 or so that is why it seems very large
Anyway you did a very good job you should paint more
Robert:wave:

bluemoonstar
01-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Raylene, they look great on my screen! Very nicely done!

halthepainter
01-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Raylene, they look great now. You did a terrific job on these two paintings.

Rajashree Chanda
01-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Wow Raylene...nice Dinos....

Rajashree Chanda
01-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Old Hobbyist...your tricy almost looks like those in POWER RANGERS...nice one...

Rajashree Chanda
01-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Love all the ideas...the mosaic with horns was a great idea....

Mustbenuts
01-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Every time I look more fantastic dinos show up. What a creative lot you all are.

Susan - Fred looks a little cross. Is his diner hiding behind those ferns? His wrinkles especially are well painted. I really like your interpretation and rain forest background.

Dayna - Your painting is off to a fine start. The background is good. Can't wait to see how your finished dino will look. Good luck with the surgery.

Spotters - Hi to another Texan! What an original presentation. :clap::clap:

Pat - Your take is utterly charming. It's Hollywood dino...only needs a fan club. :lol:

Sandra - Wow!! What a menacing look. :eek: It's Dino Dragon.
Raylene - Wonderful work. :clap: You said you've just started painting if I remember correctly.....keep it up and you'll be in a museum soon.

Kathrin G.
01-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Raylene, I am so glad you posted those again bigger. Honestly, they are fabulous paintings :clap: As Andrea said, you'll be famous soon if you keep this up :clap:

Kathrin G.
01-23-2012, 07:16 PM
WOW! ...... what a great variety of Dino paintings and all so different! :clap:
Katie you must be very happy with the response to your challenge! :thumbsup:

Happy ???? I am over the moon with it :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am so proud of every single one who took on this challenge. Not just because everyone stepped more or less outside their comfort zone for this but because of the amount of ideas what everyone brought to this. Not one painting is even remotely like another. What a talented gang :clap: :clap: :clap:

RayleneAus2
01-24-2012, 04:21 AM
Thanks everyone ... sorry for delay in response .. i have one of those busy lives happening at present. Ty Kathrin for the challenge

PattiLou
01-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Good job Raylene :thumbsup:

800 refers to 800 pixels. You can make your picture 800 pixels on the longest side, like 800x600 or 600x800 pixels.... not inches.

Hope to see more of your work.

Charlie's Mum
01-24-2012, 12:49 PM
They look super Raylene!
If, when you upload an image here, it's bigger than the 800 pixel limit, the automatic re-sizer will kick in and limit it to 800.
There are also free image manipulation ptogrammes on the Net to allow you to download it to your comp so you can work with the image off-line and get it to the size you want - regardless of how big it seems on your computer (as Robert says, it may be the resolution of your monitor making them look so big!:lol:)

JFountain
01-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Raylene great work and this is only your 4th attempt at painting WOW looking forward to your future works.

artastic
01-25-2012, 09:45 AM
just went through the whole thread and have to say WOW
you are all AMAZING what a wonderful diversity, imagination, uniqueness and intrique, can't stop looking at all the paintings
sorry I didn't make it this month, but what a SHOW
:clap: :clap: :clap:

purplefire1
01-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Is it too late to upload mine I had family emergency and just got back to a computer.

Kathrin G.
01-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Is it too late to upload mine I had family emergency and just got back to a computer.

Not at all :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing your Dino :clap:
Hope your family is okay :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Raymo
01-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Who's next and what are you choosing ? It's ok, you can tell me. I will sweet talk you if I have to.

PattiLou
01-26-2012, 09:40 AM
We are waiting for you to volunteer Raymo... DO IT! :D

Charlie's Mum
01-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Raymo - I think 'tis me, myself and I ........ unless you'd like to help me out - you know I'm struggling with this new computer set-up :rolleyes:

Raymo
01-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Well you know what I would pick....:lol:

JFountain
01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Raymo you are one funny dude:)

Raymo
01-26-2012, 08:12 PM
This is a fun place JF.

PattiLou
01-26-2012, 10:23 PM
If you need help Maureen, I can do another month while you get used to your 'puter. I like Windows 7. Just a few little things different, but it seems to be very stable. :crossfingers: Hoping I didn't jinx it.:lol: Just let me know if you want me to do February.

purplefire1
01-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Here's my dino only my third painting ever. Picture is a little blurry but the best I could get. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2012/985791-DSCF0092_-_Copy.JPG

Kathrin G.
01-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Only your 3rd painting and already a fabulous one :thumbsup: I love how your Dino is glancing backwards as if to see if someone is watching. Maybe one of the Dino girls is there and he is hoping to impress her :wink2:
Thank you for joining in :clap: :clap: :clap:

chammi kaiser
01-27-2012, 03:54 AM
That's a cute dino with a great attitude. Well done.

Mustbenuts
01-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi, purplefire. I think your dino is adorable. :clap: Boy, can I sympathize with the blurry/weird color/cut off/ruined perspective camera thing. I've decided painting is a lot easier than camera work! :lol:

PattiLou
01-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi purplefire, you were probably just a little too close for the camera to focus. Better to be further away and then crop the picture so the camera can focus. The camera also needs contrast to focus, so it you had the focus point aimed at the white it wouldn't do a good job, better to aim at the edge of the dino where it contrasts the most. If this is unwanted advice just ignore me.:lol:

I too like the way it appears to be looking back... looks happy too.:thumbsup:

Charlie's Mum
01-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Patti - if you really can do next month that would be great - thank you ......... but holler if anything crops up to stop you :D

Charlie's Mum
01-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Purplefire - he looks great! That's a very creditable painting for such a new painter (and even for a more experienced one)! Well done.:)

PattiLou
01-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Patti - if you really can do next month that would be great - thank you ......... but holler if anything crops up to stop you :D

Searching through my pictures now for a good one. :evil: :lol:

JFountain
01-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Purplefire youre pulling my leg only your 3rd good job :)

purplefire1
01-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Thank you. I was nervous to post but you all have made me feel welcome.

Everyone did a great job. :clap: :clap:

Kathrin G - I love your dino going into the light it looks so real

Robert - "Hello Tricy" is so cool I really like her she looks sweet.

Chammi - Wow you did a great job.

Anne - Great job "Hello Tricy" will love him.

JF - Great job I lke the river in the background.

Maureen - I love the bright colors great job.

Patti - great idea to add the flowers love it.

Andrea - Love it looks like it is enjoying itself.

Lola - So cute love it.

Hal - So intense they look like they are about to fight.

Old Hobbyist - Like the multi-colors and steam.

Susan - great job love the details.

Dayna - Looks good to me.

Spotters - love the creativity you used in the background.

Pat - I like the sparkles.

Sandra - Wow it looks so angry great job.

Raylene - Two great dinos great work.

purplefire1
01-29-2012, 08:32 PM
I got a better picture. The first one was bugging me. It was from my daughters camera and I'm not familiar with it. I found my card reader and was able to get a better picture from my camera. I hope no one minds the extra photo couldn't edit other post.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2012/985791-IMG_7084_c_-_Copy.jpg

skappy
01-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi peeps it is about time I did'nt check for a while tomorrow will be another month I hope to participate It is fun
Purplefire this is a sweet dino good trip on WC
See you Guys, Girls and Raymo
Robert

Kathrin G.
01-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Thank you to each and every single one of you for taking part :heart: :clap:
You guys made this trip to Dinotopia an unforgettable and very funny one :clap: :clap: :clap:
I for one had great fun imagining all those great Dino guys and gals in those little stories :lol:
Thank you :wave: :clap: :heart:

Charlie's Mum
02-01-2012, 11:32 AM
The thanks are from us Kathrin - it was a super and different challenge and you're such a good hostess!:)

halthepainter
02-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Yes thank you Kathrin. It was a fun challenge.

bluemoonstar
02-02-2012, 02:03 AM
I really enjoyed the challenge, Kathrin. I doubt I would have painted a triceratops anytime soon on my own, it was fun.:lol: