PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself.....with "Midnight Sky"

Spottters
12-30-2011, 01:24 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2011/984009-Midnightsky-1.jpg
This is a newly finished painting....welcome your feedback....what can I do to improve

Spottters
12-30-2011, 01:37 PM
PS I should have introduced myself.....

I am new to this forum and have just started painting about four months ago.....mainly made mosaics before. I really love making art and wanted to join a community where I could share my passion with others that have a simular appreciation. Hope to share more and conntect with the community here.....want to learn also, improve and grow as an artist.

thanks

sonita
12-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Spotters, nice to meet you. I really like the piece you have created here. I like the foreground design with all the depth in the background. It is different and I quite like it. Hope to see more of your work.

Spottters
12-30-2011, 03:20 PM
thanks sonita for the comment....I have been moving through phases....the spirals being one of the main components......and I have been trying to get the sky right.....so that you know it is the sky but still seems sureal....

Warren Peterson
12-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Very interesting treatment! I like the design and the sky has a cosmological feel to it.

Charlie's Mum
12-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Welcome!
Interesting concept and patterning in this - I like the painting/colours/mixing of the sky too.
You could probably have made even more of the spirals by varying their sizes more.

When you post a work, please could you include size and support (canvas, paper, board etc)? - it helps the viewer appreciate the work :)

creativechrissy
12-30-2011, 07:26 PM
You have achieved s nice blending of your background colours. I like the "tree" texture. Not sure about the white of the swirls. Maybe it needs colour?

Not sure about the red swirls just being there. Maybe if a few red swirls were added to the white swirls -but not all of them -it would help unify and balance the painting.

On the whole it is a nice decorative painting

fishpainter
12-30-2011, 10:18 PM
digging this stuff....sweeeet

graphicali
12-31-2011, 03:43 AM
This is great, I like the blue glow round the tree. Lovely sky too.

Sixoclock
12-31-2011, 09:39 AM
I like this. It makes me think of a poppy field or maybe a poppy induced dream. :) Can't wait to see more of your work.

Spottters
12-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments - I will try adding some additional color and size variation of the swirls to my next painting as suggested. I agree that the red flowers (swirls) on the bottom dont seem to be conntected....will try to integrate them into the painting (the next one I do).

thanks again

Lady Carol
12-31-2011, 04:55 PM
The painting is well done, however, I do not get the connection between the red swirls and the rest of the piece. I found this to be more appealing with the lower half covered.

Keep painting. Art is a journey. Welcome to the forum.