PDA

View Full Version : SpectraFix in Europe

Ditte3333
12-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone,
Do you know where can I buy SpectraFix in Europe?
I order usually from the UK, but SpectraFix is not well known I suppose.

thanks, Ditte :wave:

KJSCL
12-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Sorry, I can't help with your question other to say that Spectrafix is a great fixative. However, I did want to comment on the number of posts you appear to have made. 4,294,967,295 posts - quite impressive. Your computer and fingers must be on fire!! :lol: :lol:

DAK723
12-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I don't know how up to date their website is, but they say they do not yet have a distributor for anywhere but the USA and Canada. From their site:

We are still looking for a distributor for Europe and Australia, and hope to make this product available in those areas soon! In the meantime, you may purchase the Concentrate and we can mail it inexpensively by post.

You can order the concentrate form from them and add the alcohol content yourself, although I'm not sure if this is worth it or what the shipping charges would be.

Here's a link to their product page on their website:

http://www.spectrafix.com/order.html

Hope this helps.

Don

the drover's dog
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't think the distributorship on the website is at all up to date. We have a distributor in Australia and have had for at least 12 months.

I would email the Spectrafix lady through her website and ask her if she has a European distributor. She's very helpful.

Dale

robertsloan2
12-29-2011, 09:34 PM
I have used the concentrate - bought both the concentrate and the big bottle. Then moved and packed the concentrate on the plane with no problem. I found out the little misting bottle and concentrate are fine. I bought Everclear to use with it and it's fine, just as good as the big bottle. Probably much cheaper to have shipped by weight though.

I think Dick Blick ships internationally at cost, which is where you might save a bit on the concentrate.

Ditte3333
12-31-2011, 04:11 AM
Thanks to all of you to reply, I will go to the US in april, so I have my chance to fill my bag with must have art supplies:)..as Robert mentioned I can take to the plane the SpectraFix, so I will do, for sure!

Kathy, yes I have a great drive to answer every single post in WC:)LOL!

I wish to all of you a great evening and a joyful, prosperous new year and a lot of paint fun!

Ditte

jackiesimmonds
01-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Spectrafix IS available in the UK, or will be any minute now. I have just written a review for The Artist (UK) and I know that Della of Spectrafix has sent her first consignment here. Why not drop her a line and ask if she has any more info about when it will be available exactly here, and where you will be able to buy it. She has a website.

or better still, contact JASON at Global Art Supplies here in the UK, he is the UK distributor. I know the consignment was on its way herein November, so hopefully it is now here.

Jackie

Colorix
01-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Jackie, that's good news also for us in Europe.

Ditte3333
01-01-2012, 01:17 PM
thanks, Jackie it's good news indeed.