PDA

View Full Version : Awakening!

MySjostrandArt
12-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Here is my newest piece and as always I welcome C&C.

Whe WIP can be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocu5QjnZTaQ

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2011/402391-Awakening_nr_25_st_anp.JPG

//My

chammi kaiser
12-14-2011, 07:13 AM
I am not an abstract artist but I do like the shapes and harmonious colours. I can imagine meditating whilst staring at this work. It would be interesting to understand more of your thoughts behind this painting. Do you plan such a work or does it simply 'come about' once you pick up your brush?

MySjostrandArt
12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
The ideas just comes to me, but what do you mean by abstract?
Maybe you don't see what it's supposed to be? =P

Chia
12-14-2011, 02:21 PM
This is a very thought-provoking work. It reminds me of an old Alfred Hitchcock show I once saw. I'm glad it's not me at the bottom of that grave but if it was, I would hope to be heading towards those clouds! I like the addition of the mystical beings too. I thinks it's very well rendered but can see how Chammi mistook it for an abstract. It took me a while to "see it" also - but I think that's part of its charm!

MySjostrandArt
12-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Hehe, It might be that I'm so blided with what I painted that I can't se the abstract part. But it's fun that people has to look a while before seeing it!=)
I'm glad you like it.

Amigone
12-14-2011, 04:13 PM
It didn't seem abstract to me. Bottom of the grave looking up at ghosts looking down at you. But maybe I'm just in touch with my darker side *grin*.

I like it actually. Althought that ghost-ie right in the corner appears to be getting lost in the clouds just a little bit.

MySjostrandArt
12-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Glad you like it!
It's not exactly as bright in real life, so it's not that hard to see the ghosts as in the picture.
=)

fishpainter
12-14-2011, 05:17 PM
I love this piece,the video was awesome to watch.What kind of camera are you using and what kind of device is holding it?..Great work.

MySjostrandArt
12-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Glad you likes it! =D
It's a Full-HD 1080 webcam recording to my husbands computer (since my is to crappy) and I've just rigged a woodened board over my head between two wallshelfs and placed the webcam on it and used some tape to secure it from falling. =)

NateWhitt
12-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Cute painting, at first I looked at it and was like "what am I looking at" then I noticed it was (to me) being at the bottom of a grave and looking up at ghosts looking in. Then it became a fun painting to me.

C&C: Maybe the ghosts blend in a little much with the sky, if the ghosts had a glow effect outlining them, I may have noticed what the image was quicker.

just my 2 cents, very cool painting!