PDA

View Full Version : My largest painting to date- Lily Pond with Koi

scottbaird
12-03-2011, 06:50 PM
it's 40x60 on canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2011/956865-lily_pond.JPG
Lily Pond
40x60"

Some of the details aren't really that clear in the photo. The two Koi fish are suggested underwater, and where the round ripples on the left are, there's a water skeeter. I think I might have to take some detail shots and post them.

Just hoping to get some feedback, good or bad! This painting is for my college painting class and is due Tuesday morning.

Scott.

keith.a
12-04-2011, 02:50 PM
i like it , but in my opinion when looking at a pond like this with fish in it, the water is not so deep or blue that the result would be that the fish are also as blue in appearence. the colour of water is a direct result of the light hitting off it and also when its not deep water you could take the colour of the pond or pool bed into consideration . Just an idea but maybe if u gave suggestions of colour in the fish it would inhance the overall feel of the painting .

gaykir
12-05-2011, 08:20 AM
I can't quite make out the fish but I love the fish but I love those two little dragon flys!

plec
12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
strong points with this piece are the plants and background i agree with the above that the water is too strong.
Best wishes Ken.