PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe - December

RPut
12-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Good Morning All!
Stopping in for a quick chat before I head out the door running.
Had a Nice Quiet Thanksgiving here. Robbie was home for a couple days. Sean was Baptized on Sunday.
It's getting chilly here and just a bit of snow last night, and icy as it rained first.
I got a new toy yesterday! Rob and I got our early Christmas present together--a new Canon 60D. Can't wait to start playing! I have a photo session next week so have a few days now to play and learn the camera. Hope I am ready by Tuesday!
Just can't get to the paints. :( I get home and after a few chores, supper, I sit on the couch. And play with Sean.
Oops, gotta head out!
:wave:

noodle1
12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi Ruthie, ya know I actually forgot to look for a new month..haha Thanks so much for starting it. Sounds like a great time being with Robbie and then Sean's Baptism, always a big day too, give him a little kiss on the cheek for me..:heart: Getting cold here too, and the new camera sounds great, you'll love it and do really well with it too I'm sure.

Hi Howard, Shirl, Chammi, Maureen, Carol, Raymo my man where are you I'm having Raymo withdrawal....:lol: :lol: Hi to Mary too if you're peekin' in, Kathie all the gang.

Was suppose to be a quiet day and it ended up being not so quiet. Headed out to mail my Christmas cards and the PO was closed..:eek: Not a special day I'm thinking and I got mail delivery..who knows, met Art from WC for lunch, then ran to the grocery store, came home and hubby was here....early and of course hungry..haha Willie too so early dinner, now I'm just too tired to get back to my drawing, decided to play with my graphites again and 'was' enjoying it.

Very quiet in here, where are you guys...Hellllooo out there.
I shouldn't say much been kind of quiet myself..haha.

Well just saying hi need to go step out on the porch, maybe it'll wake me up or make me want to jump under the covers and watch tv. Have a good night everyone and Nite Nite Raymo my man!

See you tomorrow then,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Lady Carol
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Ruthie started this by proxy :D

Kathrin G.
12-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi ya Ruthie :wave: Oh, have fun with that camera :clap: and baby Sean of course lol :thumbsup: :wave:
Hi ya Elaine :heart: Oh I missed you my friend :grouphug: Glad to hear your enjoying graphite again :clap: Hope you get your mail posted :crossfingers: Hmmm, I havent even written my cards yet :eek: :o
Hi ya Carol :wave: Hope Maddie is fully recovered in this stage :)
Hi everyone yet to come :wave: Big hugs to you all (((hugs)))

Have been very quiet myself lately. Work has been sooooooooooo busy that my muse went awol :eek: Then I went on my first visit home since 5 years and took the boys with me, now that was fun :D We had a great time catching up with family and friend and some exciting sightseeing for the boys too.
Came back to work and that is still as crazy .... if not worse.
But I can finally feel my muse coming back for quick visits so I am hoping to convince her to stick around some more again lol.

RPut
12-01-2011, 08:10 PM
LOL Thanks Carol! I didn't start anything, just tagged onto the last post in Nov. not even thinking of Dec. Haha..
Hi Elaine--sounds busy! Is that was retirement does to ya!!! Maybe I'll stay where I am--LOL NOT!--but in a few more years..... Hi Kathrin! Good to see ya!

noodle1
12-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Morning,

Oh Kathrin girl I have missed you too :heart: Sounds like you and the boys had a great time and it must have been soooooo good to go home. Had to be exciting for the boys. I thought of you when I picked up the pencil, you and Carol..haha
not sure anyone will see it but I'm enjoying myself, when I get to do it and I don't even work...:D :lol: in the true sense of the word..:lol: :lol:

Hi Ruthie yes I guess that's what happens when everyone knows you are 'just hanging round'..LOL But I do think mothers, grandmothers and woman in general never really retire..haha Men on the otherhand..:eek:

Carol by proxy..haha well anyway that works cause I plum forgot...:eek:

It got cold here over night, big dip in temps but it is Dec. after all, the weather has gone up and down after our first horrendous snow in Oct..haha
Now to cozy up with a cup of coffee and not answer the phone, or the door, or stick my head outside in case I'll be seen, claiming the day and sticking to it.

Have a good one everybody...Big hellos to all the cafe crew...will check in later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

PattiLou
12-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Good morning Elaine.:wave:

Just returned from our morning walk, not as cold today as yesterday... which I am thankful for. I don't know how one small dog can get so dirty on a walk... well, I know it is from the dew on the grass and she has to stop and sniff everything.:lol:

Still waiting to see if we can use water today. Half the trucks and workers are gone but they didn't leave another note saying it was ok. Good running water is one of those things you take for granted and really miss when you can't use it or they turn it off. I need it to paint and clean up afterwards to.:D

noodle1
12-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Well Patti girl she is white..haha Er there is always the tank on the toilet bowl..LOL it's clean...haha. Hope they let you know gee whiz!!

Hugs,
Elaine

Kathrin G.
12-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi Ruthie :wave: I got a Jack Russel and trust me ..... small dogs are dirt magnets :rolleyes: :lol: Neither of my big ones is ever as dirty lol. Hope the water issue got sorted :crossfingers:
Hi ya Elaine :heart: :wave: Wrap up warm and hide indoors my friend :grouphug: I hope you will show your drawing sometime :crossfingers: :thumbsup: :)

Miserable weather here. Cold and wet and we are supposed to get gale force winds tonight :eek: Caught myself a headcold too, no surprise with that weather. But on the upside ... no work for the weekend :clap:

idylbrush
12-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Kathrin, good to see you back.

Got a new light for my work table. it is an LED light bar. Could be brighter for sure but have a plan to add another light with an LED bulb. Got a bulb today at the home store and it very bright. It will work well.

Marketing today. Got compost for the garden. outdoor low voltage lights, a bulb for the utility room.

Still working on my life long project, the studio. Trying to gain back some space. Not working very well but I am trying. Thinking a rubbermaid shed might be in order. That way I can put things that won't deteriorate in there and be somewhat comfortable they are protected, at least a little bit anyway.

Kathrin G.
12-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Hello Howard :wave: Its good to be back :thumbsup:
Good luck with the studio task, one can never have enough space :)

OkeeKat
12-02-2011, 11:39 PM
HELLO ALL!!
Welcome Back Kathrin!! :wave: Good to see you, seems you surely have been busy, glad to hear alls well and you had a good time.
New dog, sounds exciting!! good luck!!

been busy trying to do this commission and here and also starting to reorganize my painting stuff in the spare room closet, all the bins and stuff I've accumulated this year I have stored in the dresser and put in the closet. all my stuff for my shows, bins of things for the tent and where I store my paintings, which most of them are out on display at either the library or Gallery in town.
Rented a climate controlled storage area for the stuff, so have to organize it before taking it over there.. have to do all this before the 16th as inlaws come down after that weekend, which we will be spending at daughters for Grandaughters First BD!!
spent this evening making a taco salad and ambrosia for our Chistmas party for the Model Airplane club tomorrow evening!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Kathrin G.
12-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Hi ya Kathie :wave: Think your kept pretty busy yourself girl :eek: :lol:
Hope you get your stuff organised too. Oh, first birthdays are always exciting :clap: Enjoy :clap:

Its my day off but I was up just as early as always :rolleyes: pains and aches .....
Took some painmeds so will see how that goes.
Hope to do some drawing today. Have a commission that I have barely started yet and another drawing too. Plus a ton of started but unfinished paintings :o Hopefully can get productive later :crossfingers:
Might even do some baking lolol.

Catch ye later :wave:

noodle1
12-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Well hells bells, I posted this whole thing and hello it's gone...LOL
Or I posted it somewhere else and people are wondering what the heck...roflol.
Well needless to say I said hi and sent hugs to my sweetie Kathrin to feel better, and congrats on the commission asking what is it of??? And tho I would love your input sweetie not sure I'm posting for the world to see..haha Do love to draw, more then paint just need to catch the rhythm again...LOL LOL

Hi to Kathie pace yourself girlfriend and Howard and Patti water???? :crossfingers: ,Mary, Carol, Ruthie, Raymo my man who apparently couldn't resist giving me a little poke on a resurrected thread, such a treat wierdo :D , a big Hello to Chammi wondering where are you girl.
Hi Shirl!!!

Okay let's try this again...haha
Have a good weekend guys see you later.

Hugs all round
Elaine

RPut
12-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi!
Very chilly and windy here. Met some friends for a late breakfast and now snuggling in at home. It's not a nice day, so will stay put. Hmmm, I suppose I should straighten up my studio room. Hey maybe even try picking up a paint brush....
Have a good day ALL!

Kathrin G.
12-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Hi girls :wave:
Hope you got to snuggle up (or even paint :crossfingers: ) Ruthie :wave:
Elaine my sweet friend :heart: Its a commission of the father of an old family friend. Crikey, the photo is like 90 years old :eek: :lol: Not great quality as a ref but I will have to try anyway :o
Well, I still hope I get to see your drawing sometime :)

Feeling better today. Didnt do any drawing yesterday so better make up for it today. But there is a bit of sunshine peeking through the clouds so might all head out for a spin to God-knows-where :lol: :lol: :lol:

Catch ye later :wave:

chammi kaiser
12-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Hi everybody. Just been so busy - caught up on a little entertaining - dinners etc. owing to friends. Tonight I have another dinner party. Making a Cape Malay curry with lots of interesting side-dishes. So much work still to do.

Ruthie, no snow here yet but expecting rain mixed with snow tomorrow. I am off to the dentist and it is a long walk from the station. I always seem to end up walking in sleet. Ughhhhhh!!!! Super new toy. Hope you have lots of fun with it. Much to learn I guess.

Hi there dear Elaine. Looking forward to seeing what you do with those graphites. I'm also having Raymo withdrawal symptons. Hope you're okay Raymo. We miss you. I am off to do a sketch today for my Christmas Card, Santa with Warthogs instead of Reindeer!!!

Patti. Sounds like you are having fun with your little 'snowball'. Saw a white long-haired mountain dog on a walk last week. He was covered in mud. Count yourself lucky that your little one is a tenth of that size!!!

Kathie. You have been a busy girl. Wow. What an excellent idea to rent a storage area. Have fun with the family. I know you will.

Hi there Kathrin, great that the old muse is showing it's face again. I am pleased for you. Sorry about the aches and pains . Hope you feel better soon.

Went off with my birthday gift voucher to the big artists' materials store and bought lots of polychromo coloured pencils, some really nice juice Liquitex Acrylics, a video (in Deutsch) to show my students and give me a little half an hour breather and various other bits and pieces. It was sooo exciting and I enjoyed every precious moment especially not having to count every cent.

Howard, you never seem to stop DOING things. Makes me tired just to read about your latest exploits. Take it easy sometimes - you are very precious to all of us here and we no setbacks health-wise. Warm fuzzy hug for you.

Hugs all around and especially to any of you who need a special cuddle.

biddlebeach
12-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Hello!!
wow,, everyone has been so busy!
Thought I had my shop building sold, but, the sale fell through, so I guess I will be working a bit longer.. had really hoped to be out of there before having to go through another winter , but alas,, no such luck..
I DO feel partially retired, though,, since I no longer have the MOnday job at the nursing home and have started to take off Tuesdays at the shop.. so,, 2 whole days a week off.. woohooh!!

PattiLou
12-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Elaine, we had a notice on the door this morning that we can "discontinue boiling water" so I guess everything is back in order.:clap:

A little cloudy this morning. We could use some rain, it seems to skirt by us to the north and leaves us dry. Need to water the garden again so that will be my job for the day.

Chammi I have seen those dogs, yes, lots of hair to comb/brush and all those tangles to struggle with. Beautiful dogs though. I had to finally just cut some mats out that were very matted and she didn't like me messing with them. Can't say as I blame her, they were pretty bad when we brought her home.

Hi Mary, didn't know you were going to sale your shop. Good luck!

Later ya'll,

Raymo
12-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Mmmmmm frog water.

Raymo
12-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I dont know if you guys remember me but I used to post here a while back. All the girls here had a God-awful crush on me but that was a long time ago and I'm not even sure they post here anymore. You will just have to take my word on how much of a crush they had. :rolleyes:

I hope everyone has their Holiday tree up or are thinking about it. If you yahoo's want to get me anything for the holidays, you can think Krugerrand. Do it.

:grouphug:<-------------group grope, jump in !

Kathrin G.
12-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Chammi, Happy belated Birthday :clap: Sounds like you had fun shopping lol.
Mary, I do hope you will get a new buyer for the building soon :crossfingers:
Patti, glad your water is finally sorted :clap:
Raymo :wave: Think I am a bit too young to remember you :evil: :lol:
(glad to see you back here :heart: )

Back to my drawing :wave:

chammi kaiser
12-05-2011, 04:18 AM
Morning everyone,

Oh, oh, oh, my hero is back. Raymo , I was going into a decline, I was missing you so much. Promise I won't be nasty to you until next year. Glad you are okay.

Mary , tough luck that the shop wasn't sold. Will you be keeping it on the market? Perhaps you will have better luck next year. Holding thumbs.

Kathrin, thanks so much. I did indeed have an absolute ball shopping. I am still looking at all my new purchases and just salivating. Can't wait for some time to start my own work again. I have had so many appointments and commitments , there has been very little time to draw or paint.

My students arrive in half an hour - giving them a hand with Christmas cards. They started last week and I must say there has been some really creative work done. Am proud of them!

Hugs.

idylbrush
12-05-2011, 09:05 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Dec-2011/36241-kalanchoe.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Dec-2011/36241-Holly.jpg

A couple of new little goodies for the winter garden. I was able to pick up some blue purple pansies with some blue Salvia and the above pictured Scarlet Kalanchoe. Hollies are particularly beautiful this year with a time of red berries.

biddlebeach
12-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the good thoughts concerning my building being sold,, I was quite bummed out at first, but am okay with it now, I sorta like going to work just a couple of days a week, if only the heating didnt cost so much money.. but,, what ya gonna do? I really didnt want to move out in the dead of winter anyway.. :)
Howard, I always love your flower pics,, how refreshing

noodle1
12-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Morning All,

Howard those are beautiful, love the Holly, have always wanted the variegated kind, for whatever reason seems not so easy to find round here in the nurseries. Is it true you need a male and female plant to get the berries, someone told me that once ?? The reds are gorgeous in the garden, will look stunning for sure.

Hi Chammi oh girl you went to town...LOL it is such fun isn't it especially when ya get to play with all the things ya bought. I was ordering some art stuff for my grandkids and found it quite hard to resist wanting to add a few toys for myself...haha but I was good, dang it!!! Enjoy cutie and maybe we could see some of the creative works of you students here?

Hi Mary sorry bout the selling not going well but it is a tough time for selling anything sadly, whispering little prayer the New Year will bring some good changes to the economy.

Oh Kathrin dear that was a good one....:heart: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raymo..Raymo who????? LOL it's gawd awful!!! God has nothing to do with it...:lol: :lol: like gawd awful itch and ya buy Hydrocortisone creme to get rid of the itch...:evil:
Oh sucks it's Christmas time what the heck...I do :heart: 's ya you weirdo...:D

Rather dark and dreary today, quite cold too, looks like something's up and not even going to say it..haha let's hope not solid rain...haha
Well time to go back and play with my pencils, I should be working on my PP one but I'm a little distracted..haha Ever just get tired of painting? Probably an awful thing to say but that's where I kind of find myself of late.
Anyway...haha Big hellos to, Shirl, Carol, Ruthie, Patti, Maureen, Kathie, all the cafe crew.

Hope everyone enjoys their day will see ya later.
Hugs all round,
Elaine

biddlebeach
12-05-2011, 12:08 PM
No Problem guys,, I am going by the adage, that everything happens for a reason and it will happen in it's own time.. so,, we hang in..
thanks for the good vibes!!

idylbrush
12-05-2011, 02:47 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Dec-2011/36241-shortbreads.jpg

Chocolate dipped Scottish Shortbreads, dark chocolate of course.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Dec-2011/36241-marshmallows.jpg

Chocolate covered marshmallows, again with the dark chocolate.

biddlebeach
12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Dang it Howard,, sigh

Raymo
12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Dagnabit Howard !

Raymo
12-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Stop me if you heard this one....I'm laying in bed and its about 4:30....Merwyn is right by my head....he jumps to the top of our headboard which is about 4 ft up....that makes my head bounce from him jumping....I start to doze off again....I hear Merwyn jump and a split second later.....he lands right in the middle of my chest....I called him names other than "little punk".....:cat:

biddlebeach
12-05-2011, 09:34 PM
STOP!! oh,, too late,,http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Dec-2011/130030-100_0465.JPG

idylbrush
12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Made a loaf of bread this afternoon and for dinner I made chicken bot boi (PA Dutch chicken pot pie). Unlike the crusted variety, this is more of a stew with thin large noodles and saffron. Very tasty?

Got a bit more done on the studio but not near enough.

chammi kaiser
12-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Howard , those berries are lovely. Always enjoy your photos. Those chocolate shortbreads look delicious.

Elaine. I can fully understand what you mean about being tired of painting. It is perfectly acceptable. There is so much going on this time of the year and painting just becomes another chore. Take a break and get stuck in with joy in the new year. Warm encouraging hug from me and the last thing in the world that you could ever say is something 'awful'!!!!

Mary, glad you have come to terms with the lack of sale in such a philosophical way. Tough that the heating costs so much.

It has started to snow here but what I call 'ugly snow' - Schneeregen or snow rain as it is called here. I suppose the correct word would be sleet. Hate it. Had to walk 10 minutes to the station, then 20 minutes from the end station to my dentist in the blasted snow rain. It was windy to top it all and I could not put up my umbrella so arrived soaking wet and miserable - had all sorts of nasty things done to my tooth and then had to make my way home and arrived (you guessed it) soaking wet and miserable!!! Well now I feel a lot better, had my moan for the day. It is still miserable weather but I am going to get stuck into a sketch for a painting and then enjoy my young student later this afternoon.

Raymo, I getting to like Merwyn more and more. What a character he is. Nice sense of humour he has , that cat!!!

Mary, that is just too cute for words. Glad he doesn't share a house with Merwyn. Can't imagine him looking as relaxed as that!!

Have a good day and warm hugs to you all.

noodle1
12-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Telling me don't have access to the forums......very strange trying to post quickly to see if it goes through that way...have a whole post ready to go...dang it! Took this but won't let me post my original post...:evil:
Will try later, meanwhile

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
12-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Seems WC either won't let you post at all or it posts your stuff twice :eek:

idylbrush
12-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Cleaning today. The house not the studio. YUK! Trying to find places to put things. Always a challenge. Then bookwork....hope to have that done before the furnace/air tech arrives.

Did reorganize the bottles of paint on my work table today. That is a big chore. I can organize a lot of stuff but not a dang thing in my life seems to respond to organizing.

Lady Carol
12-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Stop me if you heard this one....I'm laying in bed and its about 4:30....Merwyn is right by my head....he jumps to the top of our headboard which is about 4 ft up....that makes my head bounce from him jumping....I start to doze off again....I hear Merwyn jump and a split second later.....he lands right in the middle of my chest....I called him names other than "little punk".....:cat:
Seems Merwyn like Teena. We never hear her complain about that :angel: cat. I think you make these stories up.

Lady Carol
12-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Raymo :wave: Think I am a bit too young to remember you :evil: :lol:

He was before my time too.

What is it that they say about bad smells? :evil:

FoxEnova
12-07-2011, 01:13 AM
I can relate to that Raymo..my Bischon thinks my chest and belly are a trampoline when he jumps on the bed. Nothing like a 100lb kick dog jumoing on your chest when napping........

PattiLou
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
I like that cat!!!:lol: :heart:

noodle1
12-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Morning,

Let's try this again....Hi Eric whoa that would take the wind out of ya huh?
Personally I think they all have a plan when your napping they want you up, when they're napping they just want you to think ahhh how cute...LOL

Hey Kathrin, tried to say yesterday I would love a peek at what you are doing..:D love watching you weave your magic with a pencil or a brush. :heart:

Howard, those sweets would make the most delicious gifts, we'd all love em..:D hope you're getting all you want done, done today, how did the heating guy make out are you all set with that? If my life ever got organized I'd probably think I was living someone else's..haha

Chammi so sorry you had to trudge through 'ugly snow', we get that here too and it's miserable. Raining again here today which is bad enough when you have to go buggy lug stuff from the market..haha I'm procrastinating haha Dentist didn't sound like too much fun either, hugs for that visit cutie.
Hope today is a quiet, dry and something fun in it kind of day.

Hi Carol 'bad smells' LOL

HI Shirl, Ruthie, Mary, Patti , Raymo my man be sure to give that little Merwyn a scritch for me, love that cat..:D , hi Kathie, all the gang.

Nother day to fill so guess I should get to it.
Have a good one!

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Raymo
12-07-2011, 12:16 PM
.........the red-headed step child shows up.

Raymo
12-07-2011, 01:40 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2011/142029-funny.jpg

Kathrin G.
12-07-2011, 01:51 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2011/142029-funny.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kathrin G.
12-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi ya everyone :wave:
Sorry I went missing for a couple days. So much to do and too darn tired by the time I got home from work .... couldnt even check WC :eek: :o

Howard, love your photos .... and your yummy treats.
Mary, awwwwwww :heart:
Chammi, hate Schneeregen too. Rotten yucky stuff. Keep warm girl.
Hi ya Shirl :wave:
Carol, :evil: :lol: :thumbsup:
Eric, animals have a funny sense of humor :lol:
Hi Patti :wave:
Hi ya Elaine :heart: Rain is no fun either, hope you got to stay dry :crossfingers: Ah not waving no magic wand this time, its really just a job with no room for magic :lol: Guess I will post it on WC in some stage though, will direct you there for a look when its time :)

Was another busy day, but still have some energy left, so gonna direct it to my drawing.
See ye later :wave:

Shirl Parker
12-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi ya Kathrin :wave:

Raymo
12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Yes, Merwyn is real and he's ornery as you and Noodle's put together. He slept through the night last night.......apparently he's not a fan of 20 degree weather. Teena opened the slider door this morning to let him out and as soon as he felt the blast of cold air.....turned right around and refused to go out. He went and got the mail with me a little bit ago but followed me back in. That little punk is getting spoiled....kinda like you !

Charlie's Mum
12-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Hi Gang - and thank you Ruthie for taking/bringing us into this mad month!

Been very definitely under the weather this past week+ - under the duvet too!!:lol: Hate being ill - not used to it!

Nice to see you back again Kathrin - and yes, we're getting those danged winds over here too - warnings out for tonight and tomorrow:eek:

I'm thinking of starting a Fan Club for Merwyn - he is one very smart cat and has his 'master' wrapped around his little front paw!:lol:
Have you opened a Facebook page for him yet Raymo?
My sister opened one for her new kitty-kat and keeps folks updated about her antics - like climbing the blinds and destroying them:eek: Mad!!!:rolleyes:

My muse has deserted me again - not surprisingly I suppose - but I must find her ;)

Patti - our small dogs get so dirty cos they're closer to the ground - Charlie also likes to scrape his feet in the soft soil of the flower beds and then deposits it all over the light-coloured carpets ....... such a joy!:rolleyes:
Baby wipes come in useful:lol:

Raymo - I think you thought we wouldn't recognise you by your new avatar - but we can see behind the mask ;);)

Mary - if you sell your business does that mean you'll be giving up hairdressing altogether, or just do a 'Mobile' job and visit people at their homes?

OK - few more cards to write before bed - hate writing C.cards, but has to be done.
'Night all :wave:

OkeeKat
12-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Sorry been so busy and tired the past few nites.
trying to spend a little time painting this commission, dont have too much energy so not been painting more then hr or two each nite.
Hope to get our Christmas Decorations up this weeekend!

Lady Carol
12-08-2011, 12:49 AM
.........the red-headed step child shows up.
For Christmas I was a complete set of Polychromos pencils, a new Audi TT (current one has 34,000 miles on it), an Alaskan cruise (next summer), and a pair of diamond earrings. THANKS, Dad.

Lady Carol
12-08-2011, 12:51 AM
I would be Merwyn's biggest fan, if he had a fan club. He is my hero.

chammi kaiser
12-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Hi everyone,

We are expecting a UF0 this morning for about 2 hours so going to make the most of it and go for a 12 kilometre walk with a friend whilst it is still shining. Later it is going to be grey , grey , grey and rain. This evening am going for an Italian dinner with my tennis team and then to the theatre. Our annual Christmas 'evening'. Should be fun.

Raymo, I will join Carol and Maureen and become part of Merwyn's fan club. Just love that attitude. Packed up at your joke. Must check out whether my husband is having a secret beer or two.:lol:

Maureen, poor girl, so sorry you have been ill. Hope you will soon feel more like your old self. Can fully understand why the muse has taken time out. Last thing one feels like when unwell, is painting.

Carol, you greedy , grasping girl ! Hope all your wishes come true.:D

Kathie, take it easy. Get stuck in in the new year and have a much needed rest rather than pushing yourself.

Mary, I was wondering the same thing.

Well, that's all for the moment from Hamburg. Hugs to you all.

noodle1
12-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Morning,

Sign me up Maureen for the Merywn fan club, I really think Raymo should give him his own Facebook page too.

Carol that's a fine list of gifts, so if dad gives ya a new Audi TT does that mean I can have the old one :D

Hi Howard how's the day looking for you, less to do and more of the want to dos I hope.

Hi Chammi UFO??? as in space alien kind or what? Didn't know they scheduled viewing..LOL Sorry just being me. :( Hope you have a wonderful day.

Hi Kathie, well ya know you do burn the candle at both ends there girlfriend, time to just enjoy the glow and relax.

Maureen I can imagine that being ill hasn't made you want to do much of anything but that's okay you do more then your share on any given day, so just relax and get better.

Never thought of it before but could just be that's why Larry's drinks beer..haha good one Raymo my man.

Hi Mary oh gosh thanks for the pixs, what a group..haha love it, Hugs sweetie.

Hi Kathrin now be fair anything you touch ends up magic but still want to see, when you're ready...haha :heart: No didn't stay dry but did dry off when I got home, it was pouring so hard even the umbrellas were all out of shape...LOL Not mine however, can't find the dang thing..:D Have a great day cutie.

Hiya Patti, what's the day offering you, find your balls, and I do mean the Christmas ones...:eek: How's the little muffin, Buttons right...bet she already owns the house and you guys...haha

Hi Shirl, did you get your car in? Have to get to Mass but will try and connect when I get home. Hugs.

Sun is streaming through my window, always seems brighter and stronger after a few stormy days, must just be that ya miss it.

Take the day slow and easy and enjoy it, I will catch ya later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Lady Carol
12-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Elaine, yep. If he delivers, then I will know my step-dad loves me :D I will drive my current one to you. But you cannot have my plates.

idylbrush
12-08-2011, 11:12 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2011/36241-CCCookies.jpg

Does this really need explanation.

Baking today, the weather was cool last night so the warming of the house with the oven is welcomed.

Next is Panetone.

Raymo
12-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Personalized plates ?------------> " SPOILT "

Raymo
12-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Raymo - I think you thought we wouldn't recognise you by your new avatar - but we can see behind the mask ;);)

It's my way of getting into the Christmas spirit.........c'mon you punks, put up some Xmas avatars :evil:

Raymo
12-08-2011, 01:08 PM
For Christmas I was a complete set of Polychromos pencils, a new Audi TT (current one has 34,000 miles on it), an Alaskan cruise (next summer), and a pair of diamond earrings. THANKS, Dad.

Come sit on Santies lap and tell me all about it....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2011/142029-evil-santa.jpg

idylbrush
12-08-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2011/36241-panetone.jpg
While not a traditional shape, it is a traditional texture and flavor. May try and make some french toast or bread pudding. Should be wonderful...

Lady Carol
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Personalized plates ?------------> " SPOILT "
No. Only 20 bucks, or 35 (can't remember) but they are really cheap in PA. I just happened to choose a really cool word to put on a really cool car :D I get asked a lot about the plates.

Hubby has even cooler plates. We know of at least 3 people who have photographed the plate, and one screeched to a halt so they could get behind us to photograph it. A local cop just rolled her eyes at his plate and smiled.

Charlie's Mum
12-08-2011, 06:09 PM
A local cop just rolled her eyes at his plate and smiled.
The mind boggles as to what these plates might say ;) :lol:

Fan club update ..... Today, Merwyn missed Raymo's chest and landed somewhere he could do damage ........... ouch!

Gale force winds again tonight - hope the trees stay upright :eek:

Howard - how's the weight doing with all these home-baked goodies? :D Boy, do they look good :D

noodle1
12-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Maureen :eek: ....ROFLMAO still on those meds huh...:lol:

Howard I just had a great idea...I could come down and be your housekeeper, organizer and you could pay me in baked goods, when I weigh more then I do you can fire me...:D Boy do they look good!

Woohoo Carol :thumbsup: Hey Raymo my man get to it then, get the girl the dang car DO IT!!!
Okay I don't remember looking at your plates, well the ones on the table but car ones, um no....with you guys I can just imagine....:lol: :lol: :lol: However I really do want 'to' know..:wink2:

Raymo my man you just more cute every year....psssst everyone no wonder Merwyn bounces he's attacking the buggie man for goodness sake, good cat, good boy. :smug:

Sorry Shirl got back later then I thought then Lar came home, never conducive to speaking with others of my species...:( all that growling with his species makes communicating unsettling....:lol: :lol:

Okay I'm gonna go now...Nite Nite Santa Baby....http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/Smilies/GirlWink3d.gif

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
12-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Weight is doing well, I give most of it away. Lots of neighbors who are on the receiving end of all this baking.

I have been adding a lot more veggies and fruits to my diet. Have found a real delight in homemade applesauce without added sugar. Just apples.

Worked on the outside low voltage lights this afternoon. Got two working but not very happy about the remainder. Seems there are some major issues with the cable. It is now about 20 years old and is getting difficult to penetrate. May have to replace it all. Yikes, that will be a major effort.

Kathrin G.
12-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Weight is doing well, I give most of it away. Lots of neighbors who are on the receiving end of all this baking.

Can I be your neighbor please :heart: :D

looks so yummy :clap:

Kathrin G.
12-08-2011, 08:12 PM
its past midnight and that means its bedtime for this girl :rolleyes:
so just quick hug all around :grouphug: and I shall see you all tomorrow :wave:

Raymo
12-08-2011, 08:55 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2011/142029-american-gold-buffalo-obverse.jpg:clap:........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2011/142029-2006_American_Buffalo_Proof_Reverse.jpg

OkeeKat
12-08-2011, 11:29 PM
taking a quiet evening read a bit while listening to TV and now going to painting a little maybe an hr before bed.
Just me and Piper, Joe be home tomorrow afternoon.

Howard your baking look so yummy!! wish we lived closer hehe
Later all!:wave:

Lady Carol
12-08-2011, 11:33 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2011/142029-american-gold-buffalo-obverse.jpg:clap:........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2011/142029-2006_American_Buffalo_Proof_Reverse.jpg
Ooh, lookie........step Daddy got me a stocking stuffer.

Oops! Wasn't suppose to look.

PattiLou
12-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Hiya Patti, what's the day offering you, find your balls, and I do mean the Christmas ones...:eek: How's the little muffin, Buttons right...bet she already owns the house and you guys...haha
Hugs all round,
Elaine
I was going to answer yesterday but WC was not playing nice... kept telling me it "couldn't find that page". No I didn't find my glass balls yet, lol. Buttons has decided she is the protector now. She barks when someone comes to the door. We were beginning to wonder if she even knew how to bark or play because she didn't do either. Yesterday she just started playing with one toy that we bought her. I don't think anyone ever played with her or took her walking and she loves to walk. Jon is a fast walker and she wears him out. :lol: They both wear me out.:o

Yummy Howard, I think I need to come and inspect your kitchen.:D

Is that an early Christmas present Raymo? You can fill my stocking with those.... and many more.:evil:

Raymo
12-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Nahhh, it's not a stocking stuffer. I just like em. Now I have a Krugerrand and a Gold Buffalo. I looked at a Gold Eagle and the Buffalo and I really liked the buff so I brought it home. Probably go with a Maple Leaf next or maybe something from down under, I like really weird things....lol. Dingo Dollars or whatever they call em.

OkeeKat
12-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Patti, I saw clear christmas balls at our Michaels last week, check them out.

Had to share this with all, so cute, was sent to me in an email.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2011/137439-DogChristmasAD.jpg

Kathrin G.
12-09-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2011/137439-DogChristmasAD.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: awwwwwwwwwwwww :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
that truly is sweet :clap:

Kathrin G.
12-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Christmas party from our workplace on tonight. Its also a going away party for a girl that worked with us all along. She is from Australia and is heading back home for good.
So just popping in to say Hi :wave: and Bye :wave: and Catch you later :wave:

Patti, any pictures of your Buttons girl ? Sounds like a cutie :heart:
Kathie, relax for yourself girl :grouphug: You do too much.
Carol, if you get enough of those I encourage you to share :wink2: :lol:
Raymo, very cool :clap:

Hugs all around :grouphug: got to run :wave:

PattiLou
12-09-2011, 07:35 PM
@ Kathie... I know Michael's have the balls, I was just looking for the ones I had stashed away. Had them for a very long time.:lol:

Yoohooo Elaine!!! Ok, I found my balls (glass), I only have two, thought I had three, but it's been so long since I put them away..... you know how you forget things??? Anyway, they were frosted, but.... the frost was coming off so I took them to the sink and scrubbed them. It came off very, very easily. But, what do I do now? Can I use craft paint or Liquitex, which is all I have. Woe is me, I might have to find something else for the PP.

I did start a Different Stokes... looking like a blocked in painting so far.:evil:

Kathrin... we adopted Buttons a couple weeks ago from the Humane Society. This is the day we brought her home and before she had a bath. The hair on her ears and tail were all matted and I had a devil of a time getting them out.
I finally just had to cut some of them out, so she is having a bad hair day... kinda like me.:lol:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2011/125378-100_0868w_FL_PolkCity_Buttons.jpg

idylbrush
12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2011/36241-Calzone2.jpg

Never know what to call these, either Calzone or Stromboli. Good would be a start. This one is mushroom, spinach, sausage (turkey), pepperoni (turkey), parmesan and fontina cheese and a touch of red sauce. Very tasty.

noodle1
12-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Doesn't matter what you call them Howard just serve em up..man that looks soooooooooo good.

Okay Patti :thumbsup: , well the frosted ones are um a whole lot easier to paint but I've painted on clear ones. You can actually draw on the clear glass tho, you'd want to use a pencil that says 'all surface' they're a bit waxier for like glass etc., or paint a base coat in a circle or shape and then just use a reg pencil to get your drawing in, you can always outline or use leaves to cover the edges, very designery..haha
Just suggesting that because the clear surface takes a bit more time to cover.
Don't use a lot of water for thinning your paints Acrylics or Craft work just fine! and you can use a bit of soap in your water (detergent works) helps the paint adhere. I actually don't have any that I can show you all mine are frosted but here's a quick idea of what I mean, but the shape you block out in paint can be anything, just easier to draw and paint on, just gotta keep the paint smooth it's your base.
Just a quick idea to maybe help you see what the heck I'm talking about..haha
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2011/139027-For-Patti.jpg Just have fun!!

Hi Chammi, Mary, Carol, Raymo my man..nite nite cutie that coin is Great, I prefer the ones with the chocolate inside just so ya know I'm easy..haha, Kathrin have a great time at the party :heart:, hey Shirl, and to all the gang.

See ya later,
Hugs all round,

Elaine

Shirl Parker
12-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Patti, if you had some, you could cover them with Daniel Smith Watercolor Ground, or maybe the one made by Golden, and then paint them.

idylbrush
12-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately, I still am not painting. I am doing everything else but not that.

Managed to get about 6 1/2 hours sleep last night, which for me, is pretty good.

PattiLou
12-10-2011, 09:53 AM
LOL Shirl, if I was good at watercolor I might have some of those supplies.... but I suck at watercolors.:o Of course it might help if I had some decent paint and a watercolor brush.:D

Howard that Calzone looks awsome.

Thanks Elaine... I will play around and see what happens. Could be a disaster!!!

noodle1
12-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Morning all,

I'm having a hard time myself Howard getting into the painting groove, could just be 'all' those dang other things just need doing so we can actually enjoy creating..haha don't think I've sat still in months :eek: Glad you got a good night sleep!

Patti won't be a disaster at all, just time consuming I'll be going all the way to the 31st this month...:lol: :lol: Me too cutie I suck at watercolors..haha
but doesn't necessarily mean I don't have all the um 'stuff' for them, such a waste..LOL

Here's a fun idea if anyone just wants to make some decorations, take a clear ball, take the top off, mix some craft or acrylic paints with thinning medium or water (just enough to make them pour) pour one color inside, then another and another, tip and swirl the colors round to coat the whole inside of the ball, let them do their thing, you end up with beautiful intermingled colors inside the ball. Tie a bow at the top and voila..hand crafted Christmas balls..:lol: :lol:

HI Kathrin how was your party :heart:, Hi Chammi, Kathie, Shirl, Maureen, Carol, Raymo my man, Mary, Ruthie, all the gang.

Went to Sam's club yesterday and grabbed what I needed, got home and saw (as I opened it..haha) that instead of a large package of Paper Towels I had blindly bought a Huge package of 'Toilet Paper' :eek: guess I'm set for the year..LOL..never shop without your glasses. :lol: So now I have to go back out today...can never just stay home it seems..haha

Hope everyone's weekend is a good one, catch ya later.
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Raymo
12-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Wear your helmet.

Raymo
12-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Haha, I'm posting with my new IPad.....:clap: .......who's your Daddy :evil:

Shirl Parker
12-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the club Raymo. :thumbsup:

Raymo
12-10-2011, 06:01 PM
They're neat but it's taking me some time to figure it out. Like how to get rid of the keyboard when you're done with it, lol.

Raymo
12-10-2011, 06:02 PM
I wonder if they have a mic for Skyping ? Probly not.

Shirl Parker
12-10-2011, 06:59 PM
If you have iPad 1 you can Skype where you can see them if they have webcam. If you have iPad 2, you can both see and speak.

Shirl Parker
12-10-2011, 07:02 PM
There's a key on the bottom right which removes the keyboard from view.

Lady Carol
12-10-2011, 07:14 PM
... or maybe something from down under, I like really weird things....lol. Dingo Dollars or whatever they call em.
I will sell you a Dingo Dollar.

Haha, I'm posting with my new IPad.....:clap: .......who's your Daddy :evil: if you are anything like me when I post with my IPad, my spelling goes way down.

Raymo
12-10-2011, 08:01 PM
I will sell you a Dingo.
I guess they really do have some with dingos and they're gold.....:thumbsup:

Raymo
12-10-2011, 08:04 PM
There's a key on the bottom right which removes the keyboard from view.
Thanks, I'm having a blast playing with it......now I never have to leave my chair.....:lol: .....oh yeah, it's an ipad2.

idylbrush
12-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Four minutes of fun

All I want for Christmas is you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDZcGz4vmJc)

Charlie's Mum
12-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Glad you posted that lik Howard - I'd been looking for it!
The ship docked at home port a couple of days ago - great scenes of happiness from all the families waiting .......... some news is really good!
Originally they were supposed to be away from home for 7 weeks - turned into 7 months due to the Libyan revolution.

noodle1
12-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Thank you Howard that was great! God bless em each and every one, our guys and gals too!

Lovely sunny morning with temps way, way down there tho..haha
Just saying hi, have to work up the courage to get dressed and out for Mass...brrrr

Have a great Sunday everyone see ya later!

Hugs all round,
Elaine

RPut
12-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Good Morning Friends!
Watching a beautiful sunrise this morning. A bit chilly, but not too bad.
Howard, my tummy is rumbling from all those yummies!
Patti, Buttons is sure a cutie!
Chammi, sorry about the cold wet trip! Hope the tooth troubles are over.
Carol you have me wondering too!
HaHa, I love Merwyn and stories!
Oh, an iPad.....sigh......
Still need to get Christmas stuff up. Pulled it all out yesterday, now to open boxes and get to work.
Shopping for Sean is way too fun! Hmmm, wonder if he will have aenough presents under the tree! :lol:

:wave: Hello to all the Gang!!

idylbrush
12-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Pasta Fagioli for lunch, homemade for sure.

Meager/spartan holiday decor in place.

OkeeKat
12-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Patti ohhh Buttons is the cutest little thing!! How adorable!!

Hi all, been a busy weekend, about ready to slow down.
Joe and I power cleaned the the Screened porch, cannot believe how much Dirt accumulated on the wicker furniture and table/chairs. Hosed it all down and today put all the cushions back out, Friend Pressure cleaned the whole house and front deck, he has to come back to do the back deck outside the screened patio.. our patio is like 44' long 1/3 had our jacuzzi/spa in the left side of the sliding glass door and the right side is the rectangle glass table abd 6 cushioned chairs.. in center is our Gas Firepit and wicker furniture(Sofa, two chairs and 3 tables.) the wicker is really the recycled plastic weaved like white wicker with cushions on them.

Joe made two trips from the hanger today and brought all the containers of Christmas decos. then we made two trips to my storage unit and put all my containers of Painting stuff for show and excess stuff I have I'm not presently using now. still need to get few more containers for paper stuff and Extra canvas', ( it is a climate controlled unit).
So spare room ALMOST ready for inlaws!!
We went to Home Depot too today and bought some new lights for outside the house and along walk to house decorations and a 4' Blow up Christmas Polarbear, which will go on our front porch Big long Bench!
Gota get it all decorated for Grandkids, Daughter and family coming for christmas.
We leave on thurs eve for Daughters house.. Grandaughter will be ONE on saturday so BIG party!! Inlaws meeting us there and they following us home sunday. Sooo gota get decos up this week, Hopefully finish by Wednesday!!

I think I'm done with my Commission, gota get it varnished and in mail tomorrow. I hope. few more touches on it and then will spray it tonight

I'm happy I also sold another small painting on ETSY today!! :clap:
My little Apple still life. every little bit helps!

Later all, gota get more stuff done.... At least Joe and I took a break and stopped at Dairy Queen for ice cream this afternoon after the last trip to the storage area... was a nice relaxing break!!

OkeeKat
12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Tried everything to change my avatar, reduced it to 60x60 and 9.kb but still wont save it even uploaded it to photobucket and tried the URL and still wont, Dang!

Lady Carol
12-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Kathie, just make sure there is no funky symbol in the file. Also, I don't think avatars are accepted from off site URLs.

Bored.

Currently making Christmas pudding. I am about a month late with it but better late than never. The kitchen is smelling wonderful.

Raymo
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
What are you going to get me for Xmas ?:evil:

PattiLou
12-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Why Raymo, I thought you already opened your Christmas pressie. :lol: :heart:

Kathie it is hard to believe your granddaughter will be one, gosh it seems like you were just preparing for the arrival. It's also hard to believe my grandson is in high school and will be driving soon.:eek:

Raymo
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Why Raymo, I thought you already opened your Christmas pressie. :lol: :heart:
Yeah but Carol would really like to get me something, I can tell.

OkeeKat
12-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Strange, Still can't upload a new avatar, keeps saying Cannot save avatar.
I made sure it was small enough and less then 19KB with no dashes, symbols in the title of the file name, but after I browse and I choose the file in the right folder of course it has / in it because of the folders. Still wont upload.
Even moved it out of folders and on desktop... nope. wonder if its just WC??

chammi kaiser
12-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Howard. I could not look at your four minutes of fun because it has something to do with copyright and can't be seen in Germany. So disappointing. I wish I lived nearer to you. Would love to taste some of those delicious meals you keep tempting us with.

Raymo, I saw you checked out my Christmas Card and called me a Weirdo. So I decided (like I said) to be really nice to you until 2012 and I would send you a Christmas present. I have ordered a warthog. It will make a great playmate for Merwyn and Merwyn can teach it how to jump from the top of the bed onto your chest. Now won't that be fun!!!!!

Kathie, wow , you have been busy. How exciting to spend time with the family and enjoy the little one's first birthday. That large blow-up polar bear on the front porch must be really quite funny. Are you sure it won't scare the in-laws away or is that the plan? :evil: By the way I like your avator the way it is - always enjoy seeing that nice smiley face! Why do you want to change it?

Ruthie, tooth troubles are not quite over. Am off to the dentist tomorrow again. Thanks for caring.

How are you doing Elaine, dear girl, facing the cold old world out there. Hope you dressed warmly. Had a good laugh at your toilet roll story. Agree do not shop without glasses!!

Had a little Christmas party for my students today. Gave them each a tube of paint and a packet of my homemade shortbread plus the Christmas card which I have posted on the Acrylics forum. We enjoyed ourselves, watched a video on the life of the Spanish artist Bodalet so it was fun.

Hugs for the lot of you.

Raymo
12-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Raymo, I saw you checked out my Christmas Card and called me a Weirdo. So I decided (like I said) to be really nice to you until 2012 and I would send you a Christmas present. I have ordered a warthog. It will make a great playmate for Merwyn and Merwyn can teach it how to jump from the top of the bed onto your chest. Now won't that be fun!!!!!.
What the heck did I do now ? :angel:

idylbrush
12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2011/36241-lemoncello.jpg

Decided to try and make some Lemoncello. So, this is the first step. The zest of 10 lemons and a bottle of vodka. Sits for four days and then simple syrup is added. Sits another 24 hours and then is strained and refrigerated.

idylbrush
12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2011/36241-marshmallows.jpg

Decided to make some chocolate covered marshmallows for some dinner guests coming over on Wednesday night. So, decided to make homemade vanilla scented marshmallows. They have to set up for 2 hours before cutting them apart.

Then they are coated with a layer of cornstarch and confectioners sugar. Then they have to dry overnight. Then the chocolate covering.

idylbrush
12-12-2011, 05:55 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2011/36241-marshmallow2.jpg

Now they have to dry overnight and then comes the chocolate.

Charlie's Mum
12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Howard, you're making us all very envious of those goodies - mouth-watering!

Kathie - that's happened to me before with the avatar -try uploading it to a normal post to see if it's the avatar uploader at fault.

OkeeKat
12-13-2011, 12:01 AM
THANKS Maureen, it musta been the Avatar uploader, tried same file today and it worked. so yeah!!

Howard you're making me HUNGARY!! they look Yummy!! :D

Chammi, hehe nahhh its really a cute little polar bear, with a Christmas hat and all, Trying to make it realy festive for the grandkids when they come down, little Mathew is in awe of all the lights and decos around his neighborhood, so can't wait for him to see then. I get along great with the inlaws, a pleasure having them visit.. My MIL cooks and cleans and helps with my laundry!! Hey I'm not complaining!! Hehe nahh they really are great and down to earth. They will be staying till mid-end of march!
Ohh... I wanted a Christmas Avatar.. thought tinkerbell is cute, just like me!:angel: :lol:

Done my little cow commission, now finishing up the house and laundry.
Done my Christmas Shopping.
Baby proofing the house! Haven't had a crawler in this house in years!!
We shampooed the carpet and hope to put up the tree tomorrow evening and wed nite the outside lights and decos.. leave thurs for GA after work!!
So after thursday am off to work and then RELAXING weekend and wrap all the gifts when I come home with the help of MIL, of course!!:D :evil:
Mailed one painting today, other to get out tomorrow or wed am. and hope to deliver the last one on way home next weekend if can meet up with High School friend who will be visiting their son about an hr north of us, so might be passing right by them coming back home this weekend, she bought the grassy dunes painting. Decided no more painting till after kids go back to GA after Christmas, enjoying the family. maybe wait till after the first of Jan.

Ohh Got my Christmas present early from Joe, new Canon Camera, with a 38x zoom!! hope now to get REALLY good closeup of the cows in the fields now!! YEAH!! Practice using it at Miss Emma's first Birthday this weekend!!:D

idylbrush
12-13-2011, 10:17 AM
So, up early this morning and off to the home store. Got a new bulb for the wreath but it seems to be more than just a bulb. Seems the power supply may have died. So, no lights unless I put the battery operated LEDs in the wreath which may happen.

Got a new length of wire for the outside lighting system. So will work on that today.

Got home and chocolate covered the marshmallows from yesterday.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2011/36241-chocomellow.jpg

They are in the fridge setting up now. Should be ready in a few minutes.

Chammi, hope your time with the dentist is about done. I am to the point of loathing the visits I have with my dentist and I really like him. Been going to him for about 30 years.

Kathie, the fun never ends does it.

Lady Carol
12-13-2011, 12:21 PM
What are you going to get me for Xmas ?:evil:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2011/11811-33616-43096-angelito41.gif

Here ya go. Don't open it before the 25th.

idylbrush
12-13-2011, 09:02 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2011/36241-tree.jpg

Holiday tree went up today. That is the last of the decor for this year.

Got part of the low voltage lighting working. Still have a bit more to go. Seems that one of the new LED lights has burned out already. Drat! The dang things are 25.00 each.

chammi kaiser
12-14-2011, 06:48 AM
Raymo, I would be delighted to send you the warthog card. Just send me a private mail with your address and it will be on it's way. :wink2:

Howard, I know exactly what you mean. I have great respect and am fond of my dentist. (We always chat about art because he is a keen amateur - watercolours). However, I am also growing to dislike the sight of him and boy does it cost!!!!! I think I have kept him in petrol and clothing plus food for the whole of 2011. Your holiday tree is really elegant. Very tasteful indeed. How did the marshmallows turn out?

Kathie, how super for you. Wow that is some Christmas present. You are going to have fun zooming up cows' nostrils.:D Awww - sweet little Tinkerbell!!

Elaine, thanks for commenting on my Christmas card. You are such a sweet friend. Love you lots.:heart:

Carol, did Rolf Harris really sing about kangaroos pulling Father Christmas? What a hoot. If you know the title, I could maybe check out on the net and read the words. Do you guys in Australia pull out all the stops and have Christmas pudding, roast turkey etc. or is it too hot? I know in South Africa, my Mum always had a Christmas lunch on Christmas day. We all were totally stuffed and collapsed under the trees in the garden afterwards - totally unable to move. Prefer it here in Germany, where the main Christmas festivities take place the night before Christmas. At least I can go to bed afterwards.

Patti - wheeeeeerrrre aaaarrrre youooooo??? Hope you are well .

Hi there Mary and Ruthie and the rest of the gang.

Hugs.

noodle1
12-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

Howard what a cool tree, and of course those chocolate marshmallows are to die for...haha I'm going to give them a try, my grandkids and I will enjoy testing them out..lol

Oh Chammi you're welcome, and listen girlfriend I'd be more then happy to give you my address...:D that would be a card that would be up year round..hahaha Love you too cutie...:heart:

Kathrin girl, did the party do you in?..LOL How's the holiday preparation going, all ready for the big day, or should I say are the kids all ready for the big day.
:heart:

Carol you actually got Raymo a pressie...little bell for his mower, ya know collar kind so ya know he's coming...LOL

Ahhh Raymo my man sitting counting his coins, good thing Merwyn doesn't chew on gold huh, tho could suggest that to him if you'd like...:heart: :evil:

Kathie these days are fun with little ones, know you will enjoy it ever so much. Kind of miss them myself, now we're all grown up here and starting to get like the rest of the adults....boring...haha Enjoy but get rested up too in between all the preparations. Nice camera, forget the model but gave them to my daughter and son for Christmas and they take great photos...expensive little buggers tho..haha You'll have a ball using it!!

Patti I'm so waiting to see if you ended up painting that ball..haha I took advantage of the early post date and now it's time to get to baking.

Hi Shirl, went looking for you yesterday and my goodness you weren't online, get your car back? I'll give it a go today after I run to the drugstore.
Never can get the dang scripts to run together.

Hi to all the gang, will catch ya all later.....have a good day everyone.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

chammi kaiser
12-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Elaine, send me a personal message with your address and Santa and the warthogs wll be on their way. It will be a joy to send it off to you. Hug.

PattiLou
12-14-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm still hanging around Chammi.:lol:

Yesterday was busy, busy. Took a long walk with Buttons, came back and gave Jon a much needed haircut, worked on getting a greasy handprint off the car seat (thanks to DH) trimmed a couple shrubs, gave the furball a bath, then I needed a shower. :D By then it was time for lunch and after lunch I went Christmas shopping. My back was aching so didn't fix dinner... went to Cracker Barrel instead, then watched TV and did some knitting. I did peek in and read everything.

I thought about painting Elaine but only got a teeny tiny bit of paint on the glass ball. I need to go check out the Plant Parade, see what ya been up to.

Raymo>>>>>>>>>>http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Dec-2011/125378-AnnexAnistamp3-12-9-07cp.gif

idylbrush
12-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Started the day going to an appointment that is set for tomorrow. Yikes, I like being early but that is ridiculous.

Stopped at Whole Foods for a few items. The Sur la Table for some bottles with stoppers. Home to clean, sweep, dust, polish, rinse, move, throw away and clean up a bit.

Lemoncello has another 24 hours to steep and then the simple syrup is added. Soon it will be ready.

Tonight I am making a casserole for dinner guests. Have the after dinner sweet taken care of.

Got some of the 12V lighting fixed. Have more to do but it is coming along.

Working on the studio still Not much in the way of progress but it is coming along. Thinking that it might be better if I emptied the place out and started over. A space designer would have a heyday in here. Looking at a couple of cabinets that are about 7' tall. Might work. Will have to do some measuring.

Lady Carol
12-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Chammi, Rolf Harris sang about Six White Boomers. It is a wonderful song and very australian. It is on YouTube but as I am on my IPad I can't link it.
growing up we used go pull out all the stops. We ate roast dinner in the middle I'd the day sweltering in a no air con house and then go outside and laze around under trees listlessly playing with new toys. Later on Mum got a little wiser and we ate cold cuts, much more suited to the hot weather and go to the beach in the evening. It was great. We sang Christmas Carols e.g. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, dashing through the snow......etc. No summer Christmas carols to sing.

Now I just deal with the cold ugggh

Lady Carol
12-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Elaine, I did get Raymo boy a pressie. I hope he appreciates it.

OkeeKat
12-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Quick hi and off to work, then after work heading to GA to visit with daughter and familly, Miss Emmas First Birthday, YEAH!!!
Have a great weekend all, I'm going to finally REST!!!!!!

idylbrush
12-15-2011, 09:02 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2011/36241-casserole.jpg

Dinner.

Lady Carol
12-15-2011, 11:26 AM
It is a little early for dinner Howard. What is it?

Lady Carol
12-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Chammi here is Rolf Harris' Six White Boomers

hlSsffF2xhA

chammi kaiser
12-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi everybody,

Howard that looks so yummy. Also curious to know what it is.

Patti. So glad you are back and okay. Seems you are having a busy time.

Kathie. Have a great time. You must be longing to see little Emma. Have fun. I wish you a really good relaxing REST. You deserve it.

Carol, thanks so much for going to the trouble to rustle up that video for me. Unfortunately, we have incredibly strict controls regarding using certain music without actually having permission. Never mind, I managed to find a delightful version by childrens'choir on U Tube and I loved it. It was funny , tuneful and a delight. Thanks for bringing it to my notice. Dying to see what you have as a Christmas pressie for Raymo!!!!!

Elaine, dear girl, don't forget to send me your snail mail address. Have sent a card off to our dear ole Raymo already. Hug.

noodle1
12-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi all,

Oh Chammi I feel like such a thief..but an extremely giddy one...I just pm'd you...with a deal..haha

Hi Howard, Shirl, Mary, Ruthie, Raymo my man, Patti, Carol how fun..LOL,
Kathie, and all the gang.

Ended up with a stomach virus from hell...roflol, not feeling all that proper today so just saying hi. Yesterday was worse so hope it's on it's way far away from me..haha I tell ya..haha

Germ free Hugs all round,.....:D
Elaine

idylbrush
12-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Elaine, I do hope you're feeling better today and even more so tomorrow.

Chammi and Carol, this dish is called Mexican lasagna even though it has little resemblance to either. It is a very simple company dish that can be made in advance and even frozen.

Ingredient list

one package flour tortillas preferably 8 inches or smaller
18 ounce package of Jack cheese or Colby cheese or Colby Jack cheese shredded
4 cups of cooked cubed chicken
1 bunch of scallions (6 to 8 scallions) thinly sliced
1 can even operate in milk (not condensed but evaporated)
one can concentrated cream of mushroom soup
1 can concentrated cream of chicken soup

I happen to like to cook it in a glass dish but that's my preference. The ceramic dish would do just fine but I'm not sure how good it would be in a metal dish.

Bowl combine in a youth operating milk, soups, and scallions. Blend thoroughly.

Place a small amount of this mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased baking dish. Put down the 1st layer of tortillas cutting and filling in as needed. A thin layer of the soup mixture, a handful of the cubed chicken, and some of the grated cheese. Continue layering until all ingredients are used. Be sure to reserve enough cheese for the top.

Bake in a 350° (moderate) of 430 to 50 min. or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.

Cut into squares, place on a plate and serve with salsa of your desired heat. A nice salad on the side and it becomes a very nicely balanced meal.

The only thing that makes it better is some of my chocolate covered homemade marshmallows afterwards.

Today was a big event day. I went to the ophthalmologist to have my eyes examined. Usually there is some issue with high-pressure in the eye and glaucoma and the optic nerve detaching and all of that other frightening stuff. Today there was finally some good news… there is no sign of glaucoma, my eye pressure is dropping, I have a touch of cataracts and nothing seems to have changed with the optic nerve. My prescription changed a little bit, a bit more in my left eye than my right eye but still a change. I went to get eyeglasses today and they are going to cut the lenses and use my existing frames. When the lenses arrive I go into the store and they switch out the frames and lenses and off I go. I am told it will take a total of about 5 min. and it saved me about 140 bucks. A health issue that turned into a red letter day. My doctor is very pleased and I am even more pleased. He doesn't want to see me until next June.

Made some unsweetened applesauce today. I find that the homemade is sweeter than the store-bought.

Received a holiday card from a friend of mine in England. It is without a doubt the most elegant and sophisticated Christmas card I have ever received. Extremely, exceedingly beautiful.

A new acrylic book arrived in the mail today and so far I am quite impressed. It is part of the Barron series, which can be agreeable but not stellar. This book seems to be approaching stellar pretty fast. I like some of the approaches on things and some of the techniques seem rather interesting. Very impressive. We'll be spending a few hours with that one.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon and lots of painting gets done.

spinyone
12-15-2011, 06:37 PM
what's the name of the book Howard? thanks

chammi kaiser
12-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Elaine, not a thief, just a friend!! So sorry you have been ill. Tummy bug is a miserable thing to have. Get well soon so that you can enjoy all the yummy Christmas fare.:crossfingers:

Howard, thanks for sharing the recipe . Have put it into my file and will give it a try sometime. It looks so darned scrumptious and horribly fattening!!!
Would love to see a photo of your special Christmas card from England. I'm so pleased for you that your visit to the Opthalmologist was more positive than you expected. It is really scary when an artist has eye problems. The cataracts, I believe, can be removed fairly simply today - not sure what the expense would be though. Everything medical seems to cost an arm and a leg. Good idea to use the same frames. Would also be curious to see the name of the book.

Welcome to the Quick Dry Cafe Leanne.

Hugs for each of the gang.

PattiLou
12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
It appears that everyone is really busy... I guess that keeps ya'll out of trouble. :lol: :heart:

Hope you are much better Maureen and you too Elaine... not fun at all.

Another scrumptious looking dish Howard. Good news from any Dr. is a nice addition to your day.

We went shopping yesterday and they are delivering our new Jeep this morning.:D Can't believe how much 'stuff' we had to take out of the old one and now we are sorting through it to see what we really need. So far the pile is not going down much.:eek:

Must get back to work.

idylbrush
12-16-2011, 12:26 PM
I spent part of the morning tearing apart the spice cabinet and baking cabinet. New shelf paper all around, old spices thrown out, tried to put things back in a logical order and in a way that would make sense. Should be good for at least a day and a half!

I'm working on the last part of the lemoncello, made the simple syrup at 7 o'clock this morning and allowing it to cool to room temperature. That will be added to the lemon vodka around noon time. One more 24 hours sitting period and then I can start straining and bottling. I was able to find 2 very attractive bottles with ceramic and rubber stoppers. I didn't want anything metal touching the interior of the bottle. One bottle was made in Italy and is just a beautiful shape. I'm starting to get very excited about having homemade lemoncello.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Dec-2011/36241-Bottles.jpg

Made corned beef hash for dinner last night but unfortunately the corned beef was not very good and therefore the hash was not very good. Happens every once in a while. I now know to stay away from that particular brand.

Have been working on book work this morning, figured out ways to avoid it handsomely. Need to get back to it this afternoon. I find that I can only take it in small doses. I have a Netflix movie to watch this afternoon and that may be the perfect excuse to even avoid more paperwork.

The book is titled "Acrylics, Creative Techniques". Good book. Another I have downloaded is Acrylics for Dummies. That is an interesting read. When I am not painting, I tend to read.

Raymo
12-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Why you little punk ! .....the road kill kid :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Dec-2011/142029-Merwyn.jpg

Shirl Parker
12-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Raymo, I can see where he would make an impact, jumping onto your chest :eek:

Lady Carol
12-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Aw. He's just begging for a tummy rub. Why don't you go for it Ray?

PattiLou
12-17-2011, 08:57 AM
I think he is well cared for, don't you? Is that your favorite seat Ray?:lol:

Shirl Parker
12-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Addition to The Cat Sagas (http://www.youtube.com/user/Walmart?blend=1&ob=4#p/c/2/nAvLlPCbyQQ&adid=1500000000000037795540)

Raymo
12-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Yes, that's my chair.

Raymo
12-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Teena feeds him too much....:lol:

Raymo
12-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Aw. He's just begging for a tummy rub. Why don't you go for it Ray?
He's a mean critter, no thanks. Nah, actually he's a little banty rooster type and I can take him.

Charlie's Mum
12-17-2011, 04:48 PM
There's something verrrry strange about that yodelling cat Shirl! :lol:

Raymo
12-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Haha, I like him !

PattiLou
12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Just had to show you my bumper crop of papaya. As long as we don't get a freeze they should be really good. Waiting for them to ripen.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2011/125378-IMG_9653w_Papayas.jpg

idylbrush
12-17-2011, 06:57 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2011/36241-lemoncello.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2011/36241-frontdoor2.jpg

Home made lemon cello and the front door. Festive for the holidays.

Busy day going to market, packing up the lemoncello (it is very good by the way, what was I thinking drinking at 10:30 AM).

Found some new stencils for the artwork. Want to try them when I get back to the work table.

Saw a PBS show today and the "painter" had a palette that incorporated a throw away plastic plate. Her web site also had a neat variation on the stawet palette.

I have a playmate for Merwyn if you would like one. Fat cat would sure look good with him.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2011/36241-UPScart.jpg

UPS had started using golf carts to deliver packages in my community. I am going to assume they bring it behind the big truck. Load it locally and the deliver. Then put it back on a trailer and move to the next area. Interesting idea.

chammi kaiser
12-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Shirl, I just packed up at the 'Walmart' cat. Just love those expressions and that evil smile (reminds me of Raymo). Thanks for sharing. My Sunday dose of laughter. Did me a lot of good. Miserable and grey here.

Raymo, Merwyn is certainly a little corpulent(to put it nicely) and I also think he looks like he is asking for a nice little massage. What is stopping you? After all , he only jumps on your chest - hardly a crime. Is he really mean or do you bring out the worst in him? Throwing away his presents (the snake) - shame on you!

Wow, Pattie those papaya look wonderful. They are my absolute favourite fruit. Wish I lived a little nearer and could taste one when it is ripe. Holding thumbs that you don't get any frost.

Busy, busy Howard. Your front door looks really inviting and friendly. Considering all those lekker(delicious) things behind it (including you of course!!), I wish I lived closer and could pop in for a glass of lemoncello and a slice of Mission cake!! Interesting and innovative concept using those golf carts.

Hugs for all of you.

idylbrush
12-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Made chocolate chip muffins for my Sunday morning treat. Also made more pasta fagioli and now making some bread.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Dec-2011/36241-bread.jpg

Went to Staples to fax a few things and found wonderful little "pop" clips.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Dec-2011/36241-Photo_on_12-18-11_at_1.13_PM.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Dec-2011/36241-Photo_on_12-18-11_at_1.14_PM.jpg

Bonded tooth is giving me a bit of trouble. Think one side of it let loose. Have an appointment tomorrow to have it looked after. Until then I need to be very careful about what I eat and how I eat.

Dinner tonight with some friends in town from Harrisburg, PA.

Had a chance to use the stencil today and it turned out interesting. It is a leaf scroll and very ornate. Sprayed it with gold paint and will sand it back a bit when I get a chance. Looking for a distressed look.

RPut
12-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi ya!

Elaine, hope you are feeling better! Sorry for the tummy troubles!
The yodeling cat was funnnneeee!
Kathie, bet you are having fun with family!
Hi Chammi, Howard and yummies, Ray you snuggle that cat--we know you want to---Do It!
It is 55 degrees here! Spent the day yesterday with 2 photo shoots (adorable boys and cute family)and now busy editing. Maybe this photo thing will be a bit more marketable than the art thing......that is if I ever decide to become a paid photographer!
One more week of school--yes we go all the way up to the 23rd....Am putting on a little Christmas program for parents with all 3 classes of Kinders--about 70 of them--on Thursday, then our class party on Friday. Busy week.
Robbie comes home on Wed. for 13 days! :clap:

Raymo
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Ray you snuggle that cat--we know you want to---Do It!
Oh that little punk makes me love him up at least three times a day. He's relentless when it comes to his scratching up. :cat:

idylbrush
12-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Last night I gave the lemoncello a good test run. Served to company. Quite to my surprise that had a rather good kick to it, a very good flavor.

Have spent the last hour and a half working on paperwork and it seems as though the pile is finally starting to diminish and then I can get onto pile number 2. Haven't done any paperwork in about 2 1/2 months and it really shows and I will do it again, I promise.

The weather has turned cold. Temperatures are in the 40s. According to the local news that should be on the rise for the rest of the week.

Have to get ready to go to the dentist shortly and then to whole foods. that will eat up most of the rest of the day.

OkeeKat
12-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi all!!
got back late last night and getting inlaws settled into the spare room!
Now to finish the unpacking and decorating the house, Still need to do the outside lights today, Our friend finaly finished pressure cleaning the outback this weekend! Then all the laundry!!
tomorrow eve and wed will be wraping gifts!!
Had a great time with the family and Little Miss Emma's first birthday was so fun, she's adorable... photos later.
Later all have a few errands to run today yet.
:)

noodle1
12-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

Still alive..haha thank goodness all seems to have settled down it's the scurry week with baking and all. Thank you all for the well wishes, it worked!

Merwyn is a cutie and actually not as plump as a couple of mine, maybe they just swallow the mice whole...haha Raymo my man that boy knows how to live large..haha best seat in the house??? or just well warmed...haha

Hi Chammi first day we've had sun here, hope the gray has lifted for ya and a friend oooh I like that word, nothing better in the world then to be called a friend, tis true. :heart: And you are mine.

Glad you had a good time Kathie, Jordan's birthday was the 17th she's eleven now, holy cow they grow up fast, it was fun too. Enjoy the day.

Hi Ruthie, are the kiddies getting all itchy and excited for the big day, makes the last few days iffy no..attention spans and all, I never could focus, hell I still can't 'it's almost Christmas' for goodness sake...:lol: :clap: Robbie coming home, what a great Christmas you'll have!!

Lori got a little black and white kitten, Bella hates it..haha actually she's afraid of it..lol She just called and in the middle of a sentence exclaimed...'the cat is in the tree', well welcome to my world..:lol:
Need to get to the baking, all week, need you here Howard to encourage me so I'll end up with all the delights you post or similar anyway.

Hi Shirl, sorry I never got back to you..me bad, I will tho I promise.

Hi Maureen, Carol, Mary, Patti saw the new ride :thumbsup: and the crop, yakked at ya in the Greenie's Room, to all the cafe gang a big hello.

Need to get movin'...catch ya all later then,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Charlie's Mum
12-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi Gang - :wave:

Too many mouth-watering goodies on display in this thread - particularly when we can't actually share them - hmmmph!:lol:

Glad all seems well again Elaine - that virus is taking hold over here - the novovirus or 'winter vomitting bug' - pretty dangerous to some - just no-body else get it, OK peeps?:)

Lots of us in the WDEs have found an addictive programme to play with - we may need the 12 steps programme to follow it!!!!

Here's a Christmas Greeting for you all - done with Scribbler Too in about 15 mins of fun!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Dec-2011/30494-Santa_Scribbler_card_1.jpg

Might even get around to Scribbling Merwyn:wink2: :D

PattiLou
12-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Chammi we have already had a couple of papaya from some older plants and they were yummy. The plants in the picture were just planted in April... they grow fast. Wish I could share because there are more than we will eat.

Maureen that is interesting... I don't need another addiction, groan.:lol: What colors would you recommend in acrylic inks. I notice that some of the sets come with black and I don't use black in my acrylics. What brand do you have. Might have to shop for my Christmas present.:evil:

Haha Raymo, we know you love it! Can't fool us into believing you don't like the cat.

idylbrush
12-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Patti,Have you considered planting pineapples. There is nothing better than a fresh pineapple out of the garden. If you can grow Papaya, you can grow pineapple.

For some reason today was a bit hectic. I worked in the garden early this morning and then had a bit of lunch. After lunch I went to the dentist and spent almost 3 hours in the chair. From there I went to the market (4 different stores) got home in time to get all of that unpacked to start dinner.

Have been looking to get some crabapples. I have a desire to make crabapple jelly. My grandmother made the best crabapple jelly I've ever had and I haven't had any in many years. Crabapples seem to be very difficult to find. Crabapple jelly is even difficult to find. I have not been able to find locally that's for sure. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.

I am finally back to working a little bit. (See what's on your easel thread). Not much but it's a start.

chammi kaiser
12-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Elaine, so glad you are feeling so much better. Take it easy, dear girl.

Maureen, that is such a cute Father Christmas. Thanks for the greetings. What do you mean by an addictive programme? PC? something to watch? Do you mean the one you used for your Christmas Card? Confused or just dim!:confused:

Patti, I certainly do wish I were nearer and could enjoy one of the papaya. Lucky you. Perhaps you should give pineapples a try. Any problems with growing them, just ask our resident horticulturalist , Howard!

Raymo. We all know you are crazy about Merwyn same as we know you would love to tickle some of our tummies.;)

Howard, I took a look at what you are painting at the moment. Looks great. Is the gold pattern in the middle one of the stencils you bought or is it done free hand? Poor , poor you spending three hours at the dentist. What on earth did you have done that took so long. Must have been hellish!
Strangely enough my Gran also made crab apple jelly. Can't remember what it tasted like though. I think it had a sort of sweet sour taste but not sure.

Hi all of you who are probably in a really busy mode at the moment, Elaine, Ruthie, Mary , Kathie and everybody else.

Hugs from me.

PattiLou
12-20-2011, 10:13 AM
I have three pineapple plants in various stages. One is about two feet across but too young to bear fruit. The other two are a lot smaller but growing. They all came from pineapple tops since they are easy to start.... and fun. A friend had a pineapple from one of her plants at Thanksgiving. It was very tasty. Quite a few people around here grow pineapple along with all the citrus fruit. I gave my daughter some blueberry plants for her birthday but they are just getting started. Wouldn't mind having some of those to plant.

noodle1
12-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Quick hello to everyone, I'm so behind I think I'm first..haha been having too much fun with our Greenie's room now I need to decorate my rooms..LOL

Love that you guys have fruit in your backyard year round haha I have sticks and stones, not terribly tasty however...roflol. But then neither is the stuff ya buy in the market these days, tastes like cardboard..I think Patti you should be sending us some goodies ..haha

Teeth, bodies, tummies all the stuff we're blessed with can slow ya down sometimes Chammi and feeling better just makes me think about the days I didn't accomplish what I needed to...:lol: But I will take it easy I promise, one room at a time...:D Hugs sweetie.

Hi to Howard you were a hit, made those marshmallow chocolates and the kids went balistic lol they said your friend rocks just so you know haha, Maureen love that Santa I will have to take a look at that does look like such fun, hi Miss Carol, Raymo my man, Mary, Shirl, Ruthie, Kathie, all the gang.

Big hugs all round, gotta get to doing...lol later then.
Elaine

idylbrush
12-20-2011, 11:45 AM
The dentist took so long because he had to remove the tooth and do some restorative work before he could put the tooth back in. Knowing that it wasn't quite right the 1st time he took more time to make sure that everything was in a better position and also had to to make adjustments on the lower teeth so that the bite was a bit better. He really does care and I have been going to him for over 30 years and he wants it right. This time he got it. He honestly thought he got it right the last time but obviously had not.

This morning I was off to the optometrist to get my new lenses put my glasses. I had a great deal of concern that the sweet spots would not be in the right position because they didn't have the frames. I had just purchased frames last spring and was not going to spend a couple hundred dollars to get a new set of frames. It took them about 3 1/2 min. to change up the lenses and when I put them on and it was all the difference in the world. To good days in a row. The biggest issue today is that I have misplaced the receipt for the lenses and need to find the. He'll show up I guess. I remember putting it in a nice safe place, unfortunately, it is such a safe place that even I can't find it. Considering getting a bulletin board just for things like that. Nothing big but someplace where I have to look at it often.

While I was up at the store today I almost got smacked with the Christmas spirit. I was actually looking at a small artificial tree, fortunately, they were all out and there were none to be found. Dodged that bullet!

idylbrush
12-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Okay, so I am the kid that receives a gift and plays with the box. Got a package today with some very high end steaks in it. It was packed with dry ice. So.....the little kid came out to play.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2011/36241-fountain1.jpg

Charlie's Mum
12-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Chammi - just Googlee Scribbler Too or follow this link (http://www.zefrank.com/scribbler/scribblertoo/) - no instructions, just try and have fun:D it's free ;)

Patti - my favourite inks are MagiColor and I bought a set without black - now I just buy singles.
Also have FW inks by Daler? - but not so keen on those -still OK though.
Liquitex now also make them.
The colours are intense so they're very economical. Make sure you have white - it's opaque and good for 'tidying' bits or even using over colours in it's own right.

Howard - glad all is now OK with the tooth :thumbsup:

Gotta go - had a very busy and tiring day - yesterday also - need sleep!

OkeeKat
12-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi all, been a busy bee, did relax a little this evening with inlaws after last bit of decorations and cleaning done. tomorrow after work finish wraping gifts and Daughter and Family arrive on thursday.
Will be quite busy this weekend, will pop in as often as I find the time.
Later all!!:wave:

RPut
12-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Exhausted.......27 kinders, 6 batches of royal icing, 3 big boxes of graham crackers, heaps of candy, sticky fingers and full sugared up tummies....produced 27 gingerbread houses....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2011/117502-IMG_9566.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2011/117502-IMG_9606.JPG

Tomorrow, gifts for parents,Christmas Program Dress Rehearsal for school classes, Thursday, Program for Parents, Friday, Party for kids.
The next 3 days will be fun, but brutal.
Sat, will finally be the chance to get ready for family and Christmas....Still need to shop. And I have done NO baking yet.
Hopefully the Kansas roads are okay for Robbie to get to KC tonight and fly home tomorrow. Hope he has a safe journey. Can't wait for him to be home.
Exhausted, G Night All.!

idylbrush
12-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Glad the children enjoyed the marshmallows. Totally different texture and flavor.

For the holidays I am making tiramisu. Never made that before. Got the lady finger recipe, used to make that for chocolate mousse. Thinking about making the coffee liquor.

Maureen, try to get a bit of rest. I have been working hard at that. The holidays are tough enough, being tired doesn't make it easier.

Purchased a white board today, it is also magnetic. Dual purpose, like that. Got it in place this afternoon.

thinking about making mustard pickles, not those yellow goopy things in the market, but, grandma's style with dry mustard, horseradish and the rest of the pickling stuff.

Raymo
12-20-2011, 11:05 PM
:heart: ------Ruthie------:heart:

Lady Carol
12-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Howard, next time add detergent to the water with dry ice. Makes for a very interesting effect. We do it in the lab all the time.

Lady Carol
12-20-2011, 11:12 PM
:heart: ------Ruthie------:heart:
Actually the name is Carol, not Ruthie :wink2:

chammi kaiser
12-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone,

I am not a good gardener but do envy all you chaps who are expert at it. Used to have a big garden with lots of herbs and fruit trees (they were there already) Now I only have a balcony and grow herbs in the summer in pots.

Patti, bet your pineapples are going to be delicious. All the berries grow wild in the woods here in Germany and are there for the pickings. The various delicious mushrooms also grow in abundance but I don't trust myself to pick them even though I have bought a very comprehensive book on the subject of picking mushrooms. Bit of a fraidy cat, I think!!

Elaine. How are doing my friend? All okay with the old tummy. I do hope so.

Howard, tough one that tooth problem. I am pleased you are happy with the new glasses. I know what you mean about putting things in safe places and have a devil's own job to find them again. I'm still looking for a beautiful gold tennis racquet on a chain (given to me by a previous boyfriend). Hid it when I went on holiday.

Kathie, time to put your feet up and have a rest. Have a wonderful time with your family. I am sure you will. Just remember to take a breather now and again.

Maureen. I am not sure whether to say thank you for the link. Spent about an hour playing around. Most addictive. Have got to stop. I have enough waiting for me in the studio.

Carol. Now , now don't be jealous. Raymo is nuts about you!!!!! The man likes to keep his harem happy.

Raymo. Behave yourself.

Well , that's all from Hamburg until after Christmas. Am leaving for Dresden early on Friday morning and have to get organised. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone. Take care, don't eat too much (ha ha) and enjoy the time with your families.

Luv you all lots,

Charlie's Mum
12-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Chammi - have a lovely Christmas too - I can imagine Dresden looking magical - take pics if you can :D
Yes, Scribbler def. is addictive - but in a nice way!

Howard - tiramasu is one of my favourite desserts - and I usually get to eat it ALL!
Must be mad - had a good old tidy up of my studio end of our big room, now I'm achey-breaky and have to make dinner ......... this is because on Monday we changed the lounge furniture from the lounge to the studio room and vice versa - two three-piece suites swapped over ... I think we're crackers:lol: - but it makes for a change of scene. :lol:

Took Charlie for a walk before lunch and then had to put him into the bath straight away - it's so wet and dirty and he's so close to the ground - he didn't much like the idea of the bath, but he's clean for the moment.

Ruthie - I remember end of terms like that one of yours! Loved Christmas in school though - mostly everyone was in a happy mood!

Howard - have you succumbed yet and bought a tree? ... with lights? .... and baubles? :D

Patti - have you shopped for the inks yet?

Today has been quite mild - hope it stays that way ........ and yippee, it's the shortest day, the nights will get lighter from now :clap: :clap: :D

idylbrush
12-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Came quite close to buying a tree the other day but resisted the urge. Still have the little tree up. It will do fine.

Made lady fingers today for the tiramisu, baked sweet potatoes for sweet tater pie. Also cooked up some coffee and sugar for homemade kaluha. Running the distiller as well. Busy day and it is just past noon by an hour or so.

Went to the market to get some final holiday items. Still have to get the salad fixings but that will be tomorrow. Need to be sure those are as fresh as possible.

Making red gravy this afternoon. Serving spaghetti tomorrow evening and need to have it sit for a bit to develop a good flavor.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Dec-2011/36241-ladyfingers.jpg

Shirl Parker
12-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Howard, that's enough ladyfingers for a lot of tiramisu. I think you need us to mosey on down there and help you eat it.

idylbrush
12-21-2011, 05:54 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Dec-2011/36241-crabapplejelly.jpg

Went to the market to get some lettuce. On a whim I asked if they had crabapples, by gosh, they did. So, I got two bags and came home to make crabapple jelly. It may not be the prettiest but if it jells, well, then it was worth it.

So far.....

Kahlua :thumbsup:

Red Sauce :thumbsup:

Lady Fingers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Crabapple Jelly, still out on that one. Cooling and if it jells, then it will be good.

I have the ingredients for the tiramisu but have not assembled it yet.

Sweet Potatoes are mashed and waiting to be made into pies. Having one on Saturday night for the Christmas Eve festivities, the second for those who might not like Tiramisu on Christmas day.

Charlie's Mum
12-21-2011, 06:13 PM
My mouth is watering so much, I'm drooling!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night night all :wave:

PattiLou
12-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Maureen I am probably going to have to order the inks from the internet. I did go shopping today for some last minute things... like stocking stuffers. At one place I found a bag of Mary Janes, so I bought myself a present. :D Haven't had them for ages and they still taste good.

Wow Howard, you are really keeping the kitchen busy. Everything looks good too.

Cute little gingerbread houses Ruthie and I bet it was fun. School is already out for the holidays here. My grandson said he was bored and I told him he should try reading or studying. He said his eyes were broke. His mom said she could find plenty of work for him to do but he didn't jump at the chance. Kids!!!:lol:

Raymo
12-21-2011, 09:23 PM
I had to look up Mary Janes, looks like the old Bit O Honey candy.

PattiLou
12-22-2011, 09:15 AM
I had to look up Mary Janes, looks like the old Bit O Honey candy.
They are similar. I have to put them in my pocket to warm them and make them soft so that I don't pull any fillings out. I like taffy and have had fillings go missing while eating it.:eek: Some of the old fashioned candies are the best.

Charlie's Mum
12-22-2011, 11:14 AM
I looked up Mary Jane candies too cos they're not widely known over here ....... but I love peanut brittle, which is a hard, crunchy toffee with peanuts - yummy!
These are what I've always known as Mary Janes ...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Dec-2011/30494-mary_jane_shoes.jpg

:) :)

Patti - you probably won't have time to use new materials over the holidays anyway - so order them and have them ready for a week or so's time!;):lol:
Enjoy :D

idylbrush
12-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Seems I can bake, cook, create a decent meal but I can't make jelly. I do have some of the best crabapple syrup for pancakes though.

Company and spaghetti dinner tonight. Think I'm going to have some sweets for dessert, a lovely salad and bread is being made right now. The bread is on its 2nd rise and should be going into the oven within the hour.

Have been studying the new piece that I've been working on and realizing that it isn't done yet. I am trying to figure out what the next step is going to be and experimenting with a few new materials and a few new images. Shall see where it goes.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Dec-2011/36241-veggiebed.jpg
i do believe the broccoli is somewhat pleased with where it is at. The center will be home for Brusselsprouts and maybe a cabbage or two.

Maureen, those shoes are called by the same name here. I am more accustomed to seeing them in a shiny black finish.

idylbrush
12-22-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Dec-2011/36241-bread.jpg

Bread turned out quite handsome I think. I put black sesame seeds on the top.

idylbrush
12-23-2011, 09:13 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2011/36241-Church.jpg

This is a light display at the local church. It's about 6 miles from the house and there have to be hundreds of thousands of lights. There are rotating displays, flying angels, a nativity, a huge flag, and a moving/rotating Christmas tree. The whole thing is computer operated and covers the better part of 2 acres or maybe a little more.

Dinner went well last night. The spaghetti sauce is one of the best ones I've made in quite a while. I used ground turkey, turkey sausage (mild), and turkey and buffalo meatballs. I must admit they were all very tender and very tasty and the sauce had a great flavor. Thank goodness there is some left for tonight.

My crabapple jelly still has not gelled. It's going to make a wonderful pancake syrup. It is very flavorful. Lou

noodle1
12-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi all,

Ruthie great pixs, and it looks like fun the best kind, messy and finger lickable.
You are soooo cool those kids have a gift year round in you!

Howard everything thing looks just so inviting, sorry bout the crabapple jelly hmm wonder why it didn't jell but seriously on pancakes oh my yum!
That is one spectacular display, just beautiful!!

Patti I have not had a MaryJane in literally years, don't even think I've seen them anymore. Nice treat for yourself and yes some of the old candies are so way better then what they sell now...remember penny candy and the bad was so full for a dime...LOL

Maureen LOL love your MaryJanes...I remember them too, now they coming back, modern version is just kind of eh..hahaha

Hi Carol, Kathie, Chammi this will have to go into the air cause you're away to catch ya, Mary, Shirl, Raymo my man ready for Christmas, got all 'our' presents wrapped lol Hugs cutie, to all the gang.

Quiet day here for me, done with what was needed to be done and not adding anything more to that list even if I did forget something..hahaha
Gorgeous day here, sunny and actually warm for this time of year, everyone wants snow not me I'm quite content..lol

Have a great day everyone I'll see ya all a later!

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
12-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Mostly I see those Mary Janes in a big bag of mixed candies at Sam's club. I always liked the Bit 'O Honey better. The MJ's are more molasses flavored.

PattiLou
12-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Mostly I see those Mary Janes in a big bag of mixed candies at Sam's club. I always liked the Bit 'O Honey better. The MJ's are more molasses flavored.They are... but I like Molasses. I like molasses cookies and and other things I bake with molasses. Besides, it's supposed to be good for you... so they say.:lol: I like Bit 'O Honey too, for the nuttyness. Maybe I just like candy.:evil:

Sorry about your jelly Howard. Personally I think they have done something to the SureJell. I have made a lot of jelly or the past years but the last time I tried to make pepper jelly it did not jell and actually jelly it easy to make. It just seemed like the SureJell didn't do anything, I could have skipped it and got the same results. Your bread looks good.

I have four loaves of pumpkin bread in the oven.

idylbrush
12-23-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2011/36241-sweettaterpie.jpg

Sweet Tater Pie, thinking I might brule it just for giggles. Second in the oven and should be done soon.

Raymo
12-23-2011, 02:54 PM
I Googled Mary Janes after seeing Maureen's pic.....I would like to see you girls model these. I think they would go especially well with my SB's red hair....:heart:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2011/142029-red-double-strap-mary-janes.jpg

Noodles would look rather good in them too....:evil:

Raymo
12-23-2011, 02:56 PM
do It !!!

Charlie's Mum
12-23-2011, 05:51 PM
I used to wear stilletoes like those! ... not the thick platforms though :lol:

OK - let's all join the red shoe brigade ;)

In case I don't get back in here (visitors tomorrow), I hope you each have a wonderful Christmas with people and pets you love - or however you like to spend it:D

FoxEnova
12-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Merry Christmas to all. Whishing you a safe and perfect week-end..

I've asked Santa for a box of inspiration, and a few ounces of the talent from members that posted here this year. I should get it, been pretty good all year.
We'll just wait and see........
Eric

Lady Carol
12-24-2011, 12:24 AM
do It !!!

You buy, i'll do.

Lady Carol
12-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Rode Maddie tonight and he is a completely new man. He has been on horsey maalox, called neighlox :rolleyes: and a short course of ulcer guard. All the time off he had on stall rest at the beginning of the year made him get a stomach ulcer. So that has been taken care of. He was pretty resistant to doing what was asked, so several different bits we seem to have settled on one that we both like. Overall he is more willing and not like the grumpy old man that inhabits this thread. :D

PattiLou
12-24-2011, 07:30 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2011/125378-CmasCharmExtraccMerryChristmas.jpg

Kathrin G.
12-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Merry Christmas my friends :heart: :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2011/113357-36-Christmas-wallpapers-free-two-golden-christmas-balls-on-red-background-wallpaper.jpg

noodle1
12-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

Last minute busy day but just had to come to say..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2011/139027-Christmas_Wreath.jpg

Big Hugs all round,
Elaine

RPut
12-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Merry Christmas WC Friends! Hope
All are snug and warm, enjoying
family time, and celebrating this
Special Evening!

It is quiet here. Just back from church and waiting for dinner. Julie went to the boyfriends house sowe will open gifts here tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

Ozone
12-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I am missing a dear friend tonight
Susan-48
Still hoping the best for you

Oz:)

OkeeKat
12-24-2011, 10:20 PM
VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!
Having a great time with the grandkids,daughter and family,
Be well and Safe my friends, missing you all.:grouphug:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2011/137439-58769-44366-catxmas.gif
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2011/137439-36241-www_MessenTools_com-Christmas-big-15.jpg

idylbrush
12-25-2011, 10:04 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Dec-2011/36241-tirimisu.jpg

My first venture into the world of Tirimisu. Seems as though it turned out okay. In the refrigerator setting up in preparation for the trip to my sisters place.

Blessings all.

Shirl Parker
12-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Movie based on Raymo's life with Mervyn:

N9nZn14IQQA

RPut
12-25-2011, 03:23 PM
OH MY, Shirl--Soooo Funny!!

idylbrush
12-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Tiramisu was a hit, sis wouldn't even let me take any home. My brother wrestled me to the ground to get my serving of it. (almost, he was thinking about it!:eek: )

As of now, the 2011 Family Fist Fest, Christmas Demolition Derby and Fellini Holiday Film Festival has about drawn to an end.

Had a fairly good day overall. No one hurt, maimed or died. Can't be all bad.

idylbrush
12-26-2011, 09:47 AM
For those who celebrate it, I hope Boxing day is a wonderful day for all. I rather like the entire concept of Boxing day/Christmas Box and all of that. Very interesting concept.

Charlie's Mum
12-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day - and our Boxing Day is coming to an end too - been very peaceful and enjoyable ............. apart from waking up Christmas morning to a leak through the ceiling of the shower - :eek: - seems the soldering on a pipe T-junction is at fault, so we'll call the plumber tomorrow (didn't want to wreck anyone's Christmas!) .......... it didn't spoil ours - we had a spare bucket!!! :lol:

Spent a couple+ hours today cutting Charlie's coat - his hair was so long he looked twice his size ..... now he's smart and sveldt again!;)

Love 'Raymo and Merwyn - the Movie' Shirl :thumbsup:

Shirl Parker
12-26-2011, 03:03 PM
To help save the economy, the Government will announce next month that the Immigration Department will start deporting seniors (instead of illegals) in order to lower Social Security and Medicare costs.

Older people are easier to catch and will not remember how to get back home.

I started to cry when I thought of you all.

Then it dawned on me ... oh, crap ... I'll see you on the bus!

Lady Carol
12-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Shirl!!! That is hysterical.

PattiLou
12-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Good movie of Merwyn and Raymo.:lol: Where is he hiding anyway? Too much holiday doings I guess.:heart: :heart:

Sorry to hear of your leaky troubles Maureen. Oooh, I bet Charlie looks really swell. Buttons needs a trim too, but have not got around to doing anything.

Good one Shirl, I got that in an email and laughed until I realized the government is probably considering it.:eek:

I have to go shopping online at Dick Blick... spend my gift certifcate.:thumbsup:

idylbrush
12-27-2011, 06:54 AM
My Christmas present to me....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Dec-2011/36241-Level1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Dec-2011/36241-Level2.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Dec-2011/36241-level3.jpg

Very interesting level using LED technology. When level it lights green, when not it lights red. Can be removed from the Sure Grip section to be used independently of the of the wall mount. It is a magnetic connection. Very interesting. Should make hanging a painting a great deal easier.

Over the summer I ordered one of those gray palettes that claimed the acrylic paint would just peel off the surface when dried. Well, it doesn't quite work that way. It takes a warm water bath to release the paint and then a bit of a scrub to remove the puddle of pigments. Can't believe anybody anymore.

noodle1
12-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Here we go again..says FORBIDDEN you don't have permission to post so the one I wrote in advanced will have to wait..haha meanwhile..Hi everyone!!
Hugs,
Elaine

idylbrush
12-27-2011, 03:43 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Dec-2011/36241-DSC00528.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Dec-2011/36241-DSC00529.jpg

The cabinet is finally up. I went to the big home store this morning and picked it up. At 1st I was a bit intimidated but then realized it's just another piece of furniture. So, after about an hour of assembly time it's all together and it's up and the only thing left to do is to figure out a way to secure it to the wall. I need something that can be a temporary fix. I have to move that cabinet out of the way for the furnace people and air conditioning people to get to that unit. If you look very close at the floor area you'll see where I put sliding pads to make it easier to move. It's going to work okay.

Storm has come through and dropped a few dribbles of rain. The temperature is beginning to drop in tomorrow may only get up into the 60s instead of the most recent 80s.

This morning I made some more ladyfingers and tiramisu. I only made a half batch though. I don't want all that sitting around the house for a long time. It's very good but it's also extremely fattening. I'm supposed to be cutting back on fat and cholesterol and I have done neither over the holidays. I guess that's why they call them the holidays.

Now that I have the new cabinet in place I need to find baskets to start things in. I want to use that cabinet for paint, mediums, grounds and other painting related items. At the moment things are sitting around and wash Tubbs which will not work. I would like to have a way where I could have everything displayed where I can see all of the colors. I am beginning to think about an idea for a PVC kind of arrangement. Different sized tubes for different sized bottles and or tubes of paint. Maybe cut at a slight angle so that all the caps are facing the right direction. A dab of paint on the cap should allow me to see what color is in the bottle.

So far it has been a very busy day. Dinner tonight with some friends and then deserted the house afterwards. The perfect closing for the Christmas season. My company from out of town is leaving tomorrow.

idylbrush
12-27-2011, 06:18 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Dec-2011/36241-tirimisu2.jpg

Todays kitchen effort. A new batch of tirimisu, half sized, thank goodness. Think it rather attractive.

Raymo
12-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Haha, good little movie Shirley....:lol: ....actually that's how BigDog is. He's horrible to sleep with and usually does that every morning.

OK, off to do me walkabout mate !

Raymo
12-27-2011, 10:27 PM
You know how your Mom used to say that your face would stay that way.....apparently mine will stay like this for awhile.

sugarbritches085
12-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Good morning, all! Long time no type! :)

noodle1
12-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi Melissa good to see you, how have you been girl?

Howard that cabinet looks like it will help with some of the supplies really well.
And I like your idea about the paints in PVC tubes, I have mine in drawer units and what a time fishing around for ones I know I have but can't seem to find.
Tiramisu looks yummy, has to be one of my favorites to order when we go out to dinner, otherwise never have it..haha

Raymo my man...:eek: ah what the hell you're weird anyway so it works..haha

Hey Shirl, been having trouble with Skype yet again, couldn't talk to anyone in the last few days only this time kept bonking off when I'd start it up, think it's my computer maybe, I couldn't get WC to come up yesterday either, posted then it wouldn't let me post again and then it just kept spinning..will eventually get a hold of you promise.

Hi Chammi where-ever you are, hope you're having fun girlfriend, hi Kathie,
Ruthie how was your Christmas, Mary, Miss Carol, Maureen, Patti..all the cafe gang.

Well must go get about twiddlin' my thumbs..haha not painting or much of anything else, boring of late...haha See ya all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

JFountain
12-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Just browsing wanted to say have a wonderful New Years and happy painting

Lady Carol
12-28-2011, 01:15 PM
You know how your Mom used to say that your face would stay that way.....apparently mine will stay like this for awhile.
Phew! That is a relief......what an improvement.

Wait a minute. You just changed it back....rats!

RPut
12-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi Ya All!
Thanks Elaine--I had a great Christmas. Robbie is home and hanging out. LOVE it. My brother John (single) and nephew were here with us. So all were here, tho had many thoughts of my folks who are not here with us any more. Miss them.....
Very fun to see Sean with all his piles of gifts and new toys! Of course a box and some how he got a hold of window crank which became his new phone was the hit of the night..LOL.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2011/117502-402694_2344207928986_1363645392_31901871_282787612_n1.jpg

Trying to get some projects done, but not doing very well. Maybe I'll get going.
I got a bad computer virus yesterday, so had to take my laptop in to get cleaned up. Hopefully it will be ready later today.
Met a friend yesterday who I took Christmas photos and ordered pics for New Year cards. The Photography thing has been a lot of fun lately.
Today, I'm hanging out with Sean while his mommy works. Laundry, and play time. Later this evening we are meeting friends for trivia and burgers.
I should get to school one of these days to catch up there too........
Starting to like the idea of retirement.

Best Wishes to ALL!!!

idylbrush
12-28-2011, 05:29 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2011/36241-shootingstar.jpg

As I made the mistake of stopping at the garden center on the way home from the post office. I went and picked up a few vegetable starts and did get brussels sprouts and a winter tarragon plant, the selection wasn't very good right now, and ended up bringing home the above. Beautiful purple flowers. It is called a shooting star and this is one of the larger variety bushes at around 5 feet tall. Works for me.

Finally got the last shelf for the cabinet. I'm making some progress. Not very much but some, sometimes that's enough.

I was going to get some pegboard panels to go on the side of the cabinet but it didn't take long for me to realize that pegboard seems to be on the way out. I did find some black plastic pegboard panels that were rather inexpensive but the bins that I was looking for seemed to be no longer available locally so they do me no good.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2011/36241-finalcabinet.jpg

OkeeKat
12-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Hello all!!
Sorry Didnt get online more, Had a great time with daughter and family,
They unfortunately left yesterday am and crashed last night on sofa as I got up at 5am to see them off, was so tired!!

Hope to post some photos soon, didnt download the hundreds we took yet.

Shirl great video of Merwyn, too funny!!
Ruthie, cute photo!!
I surely hope everyone had a great Christmas!!
Did alot of resting up and having fun with kids all weekend, never got on computer!
Later all, hope to catch up on alot on friday and weekend!

Foxyheart2002
12-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Ruthie, you sure he isn't part cat? You spend $hundreds on cattoys and they just want the box, lolol.

sugarbritches085
12-28-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm good, thanks, Elaine!

Started missing my paint brushes!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Raymo
12-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Did you miss me ???

Lady Carol
12-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Did you miss me ???
No.

RPut
12-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Ha Ha Sue--the other box baby/kitty!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2011/117502-072.JPG

Foxyheart2002
12-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Hahaha, that is what I am used to seeing! We hardly ever throw a box away, they are always using them! What a beautiful kitty!!

sugarbritches085
12-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Of course I missed you, Raymo! :P

idylbrush
12-29-2011, 09:24 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Dec-2011/36241-paintskin1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Dec-2011/36241-paintskin2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Dec-2011/36241-paintskin3.jpg

A while back I was doing a lot of paint skins. When I left for travels, I rolled them up and put them in a very safe place. So safe I forgot them. I found them today and some are not to bad. May have to start using them again. I think there are some possibilities there.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Dec-2011/36241-pile_o_paintings.jpg

Pile o paintings being readied for storage.

Raymo
12-29-2011, 06:04 PM
No.

Who are you ?.....and quit stalking me, you hussy !

Lady Carol
12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Who are you ?.....and quit stalking me, you hussy !
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Dec-2011/11811-33616-27632-hahanosmiley.gif

And I gave you a Christmas present.

Lady Carol
12-29-2011, 08:37 PM
What a beautiful kitty!!
Yep gorgeous.

Lady Carol
12-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Of course I missed you, Raymo! :P
Shhhhhh!!! Don't encourage him.

Raymo
12-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Shhhhhh!!! Don't encourage him.

Oh you hush. She can spoil me if she wants ! :heart:

chammi kaiser
12-30-2011, 05:31 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2011/39224-Dresden_017a.jpg

Hi everybody,

I'm back from chilly Dresden. I have a new down jacket which weighs only around 200 gsm. Unbelievable technology. I am as warm as toast in it even if it does make me look like Kermit the Frog!! I love green and thought it might be okay with green eyes and reddish hair but now I am not sure looking at the photograph!!!! Dresden is a simply beautiful city. The Semper Opera House and the magnificent Frauenkirche were hightlights of the visit. We also did a day and night tour on the special bus . It certainly has a sad past with the bombings of the Allied Forces in WW2 and yet there is such a sense of forgiveness and reconciliation with England giving huge sums of money to reconconstruct a church that was simply a mound of ruined masonry.

I've read everything that has been going on in my absence. Love the Merwyn video, by the way. You girls are really giving Raymo a hard time!

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and these words by the German composer, Johan Wilms , I find so touching, I would like to share them with you.

We say today the New Year starts. Midnight is the border between the old and new years. But it is not as simple as that! If a year is to be new, this lies entirely with us. It depends on whether we want to make it new or not. Are we prepared to think, plan and speak about new beginnings. Most of all are we going live these thoughts and plans.

My New Year's wish for you all:

I wish you all contentment, optimism, a joy in all that nature has to share with you and the eyes to be aware of this gift. I wish you health, the chance to have 'time-out' and a safety for you and your families. May each of you make this your own personal NEW YEAR.

I love you all very much. Thanks for being my friends.

noodle1
12-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

Howard those skins are cool looking!! One kind of nice thing is putting something away, finding it and getting to look at it anew, somehow most times just looks better then ya thought, can't wait to see what you create with them.

Hi Chammi welcome home..Don't think you look like Kermit the frog at all, I like your new jacket on you and oh my yes down is the best in the cold well aside from fur but then that makes people frown. Dresdan...I have several antique Dresdan pieces of porcelain from my collecting days that and the Delft were always a favorite. That's as close as I'm going to get..haha
Got my card, cut a mat and framing it...it's glorious and everyone I've showed it too has thought so too, thanks again cutie.

Hi Carol, Raymo my man, Mary, Shirl, Kathie, Ruthie love the kitty in the box, mine are all trying to get into the same one...:lol: half the size, dumb, dumbrrrr and dumbest...haha Hi Melissa, Patti haven't commented yet but that candle is fantastic, very cool idea there girl!, hi to Maureen and all the gang here in the cafe the lookers included..haha

Cold day, sky was so cloudy just a bit ago and suddenly the sun just burst through,
looks good anyway..haha still feels the same. Just popping in to say hi.

Happy New Year Everyone...:wave:

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Raymo
12-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Theyre not giving me a hard time. I beat them on a regular basis wether they need it or not.

(what a gorgeous woman)

Charlie's Mum
12-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Love all the cute pics - and the tiramasu one!

Chammi - nice words and thoughts - make yours a good New Year too :D

Raymo - thought we have got a 'new you' avatar for start of 2012!

In case I don't get back to the QDC - have a good New Year everyone ........ be here in January!:lol:

sugarbritches085
12-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Raymo, you beat beautiful women!? :p

Raymo
12-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Raymo, you beat beautiful women!? :p

Yes.....I spank them every chance I get....:wink2:

Raymo
12-30-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2011/142029-shug2.jpg

Raymo
12-30-2011, 08:32 PM
I saw a girl with pigtails today....oolala !

OkeeKat
12-31-2011, 12:32 AM
HELLO EVERYONE!!!
Having a great time taking it easy these past few days since Daughter and family left after Christmas... seems I pulled something in the lower back, a bit uncomfortable when I move certain ways.. improving slightly, I'm sure holding the baby didnt help the situation either.
spending time with inlaws and hubby since his office is closed this week so he's home putzing around, working on the boats in the yard and in the garage with his model planes. Been sitting and watching tv in the evenings.
Getting anxious to start painting again. have so much I want to do.

Chammi what wonderful words of wisdom you gave us.. Can't top that!!
Glad to have you back home safe and glad you enjoyed your trip!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years Eve and Day!!!
:grouphug: :heart:

chammi kaiser
12-31-2011, 06:02 AM
Hi everybody,

Getting ready for 2012. I actually hate it here because of the darned fireworks which start around 11 pm and end up in a crescendo around 12 and onwards. The poor animals (dogs and cats) and hibernating creatures - also the birds are terrified out of their minds. I want to rush out and gather them all in a sound proof room and hold them tight.

Carol, I missed out on Raymo's Christmas present. What was it?

Dear Elaine, so glad the card arrived safely and I am honoured that you have framed it. The porcelain we saw was utterly beautiful and delicate.
I am sure you really treasure your pieces.

Raymo. Do you actually mean me!! :o :heart: Not into spankings, got enough of them as a naughty little girl (with pigtails).

Kathie, so sorry about your back. Must be really painful. Glad you are having a little time out at last. The words were in German but I tried my best to translate them. I just thought they were special. Glad you felt the same.

To all the gang, a wonderful New Year. Hope it will be restful and quiet.

Love you lots,:grouphug:

sugarbritches085
12-31-2011, 07:00 AM
Actually, I don't have a mustache. I just keep the soul patch. :P

noodle1
12-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Happy New Year Everyone...

Hugs and prayers for a prosperous, happy and healthy coming year.
Be safe if ya go out.

See ya next year then.

Hugs all round,
Elaine