PDA

View Full Version : 20% off Ludwig Sets! (Jingle, jingle! :)

Deborah Secor
12-01-2011, 01:15 PM
I just saw that Terry Ludwig has a year-end sale going on until Dec. 27th. All the sets are 20% off! (http://www.terryludwig.com/)

It's like a candy sale--how can you resist?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2011/23609-Ludwig_greens.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2011/23609-Ludwig_oranges.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2011/23609-Ludwig_blues.jpg

Just thought you'd like to know. :D

sketchZ1ol
12-01-2011, 02:31 PM
hello

be still , my heart :eek:

Deborah , you are sooooo baaaadddd :D

gonna hafta buy some lottery tickets first :rolleyes:

thx !

Ed :}

Deborah Secor
12-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Too much to want this time of year, but a deal is a deal... and who doesn't love these Ludwigs?

Colorix
12-01-2011, 04:41 PM
:music: I'm dreamin' of a -- set vibrant! :music:

(poetic license, to fit the meter, sorry :o )

crazywoman53
12-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I got their presale advertisement and waited patiently till the 28th to roll around to buy them. I counted up the sticks I reeeeeeaaaallllllllly wanted and then compared them to the 20% off price on the set.. That didn't take long to convince myself. I got a call from them yesterday letting me know they were shipping them.. yea meeee!!!!!

Deborah Secor
12-01-2011, 05:21 PM
:lol: Have a ball, Christine!

SherryC
12-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Deborah, you are just mean. Posting those pictures of all of those luscious colors. How can we resist.. Shame on you. :D

Deborah Secor
12-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Those were taken at IAPS--the CANDY STORE! :wink2:

aquabone
12-01-2011, 06:59 PM
mymy- those pictures! too much for even the most practical!

YUM!

the drover's dog
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Oh Deborah.....You Meanie!!! The postage to Oz is a killer and I just bought an e-reader and some Inktense sticks.

Dale

JudyG
12-02-2011, 01:21 AM
I got their presale advertisement too, and I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out WHICH set (or sets) to buy. I am leaning toward the plein air landscape and the Maggie Price essential gray sets. But then there is the southwest landscape set..... Hmmmmmmm. I have the handmade color chart but that doesn't help. I want EVERYTHING.:eek:

Any advice?

allydoodle
12-02-2011, 09:01 AM
I got their presale advertisement too, and I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out WHICH set (or sets) to buy. I am leaning toward the plein air landscape and the Maggie Price essential gray sets. But then there is the southwest landscape set..... Hmmmmmmm. I have the handmade color chart but that doesn't help. I want EVERYTHING.:eek:

Any advice?

I have the Plein Aire 60 set and I love it. So much so that I'm going to buy more landscape colors, though not sure what I want. I'm still working that out. I also have the Intense Dark II set, which I highly recommend. The colors are unlike any others I've seen.

I've also heard that the Maggie Price Value set is a good one, just one more thing to confuse you! I would think the Plein Aire 60 set plus one more landscape set could be nice..... with a dark set added just to be sure you have enough darks....... or the Maggie Price Value set instead of the darks.....

I'm of no help am I?:lol: Geeeez..................

JudyG
12-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Right...Thanks for all the help Chris :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have the Unison dark set I and II, and it is pretty good so I think I will just order a couple of dark Ludwigs. I always wanted the V100 that everyone always raves about but it was out of stock the last time I ordered from Dakota. I've done a lot of plein air painting in oils, but really want to start doing some plein air work with pastel, so that is why I am leaning toward the plein air set. BUT, I also paint a lot of desert landscapes, so thats why the Southwest landscape set looks interesting.

But then the grays look beautiful, and I have always wanted the Maggie Price Value set. Maybe a second mortgage on my house....:D

It looks like my Art Supply Addiction has kicked in again.

Judy

chuas2
12-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Deborah, all of those lovely pastels! I'm dreaming of the set of Vibrants..Actually, still drooling over the handmade color charts I just got from Terry. Ahhhhhhh!

Sonni
12-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I really wish people wouldn't post things like this. It's putting me in the poor house. Such a deal!

Deborah Secor
12-03-2011, 12:39 AM
:lol: I'm starting to feel guilty! Sort of...

But just so you don't miss it, check this thread, (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=957686) too! The Signature Sets are also 20% off, if you call. Just sayin'....

yezi
12-05-2011, 05:18 AM
This sale will actually break my bank!:eek: I've just ordered 24 Roches from Rochester. And I feel real addiction on Terry's vibrants and darks sets. I have one Terry's muted pink pastel from Fineartstore sampler and it's great!

robertsloan2
12-05-2011, 06:27 AM
I've been drooling over the Maggie Price Value Set for years. If I can get over this flare and get out to sell some art, I might be able to finally get it! Thanks for posting this, Deborah. Your photos are fantastic. If it was up to me (if I had the budget and other things weren't looming) I'd want the full range, they are so fantastic. But the Maggie Price Values are a great start. Complete enough I could do a painting just with those, or use them as finishers regardless of the subject.

After that, the Vibrants, darks, or the greens... I've got a lot to look forward to. Just got to keep some sense. Or get a really rich patron, there's always that. I need to get on it about low income housing, if I had spending money again you know this'd be in my studio.

JudyG
12-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Well I did it. I ordered the 60 piece plein air set and the 30 Maggie Price essential gray set. I considered it my Birthday/Christmas gift to myself.

Besides I still have the rest of the month to decide if I want any of the other sets. :D

I can't wait to get them. And I have no idea where I'm going to put them. My studio is running out of room.

bluefish
12-06-2011, 06:46 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY............and an early Merry Christmas too......:clap: :lol:

JudyG
12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks Blue :wave: