PDA

View Full Version : Are epubs available?

szikora
12-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi. I'm new here and new to pastels. I wanted to subscribe to The Pastel Journal and also look into some pastel and drawing books but I want to read them in iBooks on my iPad and subscribe via Newstand. I noticed, on the North Lights site, that you sell CDs of your magazines. Why CDs? Why not digital downloads? I've been looking everywhere for downloads and can't seem to find them. Am I missing them? If you don't have them, are you considering offering them? Much more convenient and could be used on all of my devices.

Anne Hevener
12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Try this link:

http://art.northlightshop.com/search?w=pastel+journal+digital+issue&asug=

szikora
12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks. Some more looking around the site brought me to the PDF section. It would be much better to have epubs, however. If you had epubs in iBooks I would definitely be interested. There are too few art books and magazines available there. The pricing seems awfully high for PDF, as well, I'm afraid.

Thank you for your fast response, however!

paznbaz
12-04-2011, 05:40 PM
There are a few free programs to convert pdf to epub. Calibre is the one I use. Google ebook converters

shadye1
10-16-2016, 05:04 AM
I use Calibre and there are a number of free-ebooks on Google, I downloaded to my computer or Kindle (mobi)