PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Ann

mollerman
11-27-2011, 03:29 PM
I recently learned of the passing of one of our fellow artists, Ann Garlough (AnnGarlough). Ann was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and passed away shortly there after. Ann had been a member of WC for over 3 years and most recently a friend to the SW forum the past year. The versatility of her works, patience and a keen eye to detail were all trade marks of Ann's work. Her mediums were as varied as I would expect Ann was as she worked in colored pencil, oils, pastel and bronze sculpture. I cannot say that I really knew Ann but her art work left a deep impression and respect. Her subject matter focused on animals and landscape and her work beared a very distinct signature of her ability. I went back and pulled up a few of her past works and a link to her site http://anngarlough.com/works

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Nov-2011/213244-Red-Rock-Country-500px.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Nov-2011/213244-Smartest-Chic-Olena-800-px.jpg

kordelia
11-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Marcus, how nice of you to do this.... so sad that her 'hand' is stilled... hope the family is doing well... hearing of these quick deaths more frequently these days... 2 friends of mine in 2 months... the family flounders.. i wish them well... hugs all 'round... nonnykor of amae

mollerman
11-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Thank you Nonny. Like so many, I met Ann through Wet Canvas and was touched by her art work. We became facebook friends, something good to say about facebook!. Anns birthday would have been November 22 but she passed away earlier in October.

marieUK
11-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Although I didn't know Ann personally I feel so sad to know she is gone. I learnt so much from her generously sharing her work and from her helpful remarks when I was starting in coloured pencils. She was a wonderful artist and this world is a poorer place now shes not here but heaven must be a much richer place with her in it.
Sleep peacefully Ann

RobinZ
11-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Oh, dear, I DID know Ann as a fellow animal artist, she was totally generous with her time and expertise, a born "encourager" and an all around nice person. And a FANTASTIC artist. I am so sorry to hear of her passing, we lost a great one....

Here's to you, Ann...and thank you for everything. Robin

Candle
11-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Ann's signature line on WC read "God blessed me with the gift to create art. It is both my joy and my purpose to use that talent to His glory".
And she did well in this purpose. Both her beautiful works of art, and her gracious, encouraging personality will be remembered and will continue to glorify the Lord. Praying peace and strength over Ann's family.

PlaysWithPencils
11-28-2011, 11:46 AM
What a sad day for the arts.
I deeply respect her work and hope her family will be at peace soon.

brissie
11-29-2011, 07:03 AM
I am shocked and saddened to hear of Ann's passing. I was given help by her from the first time I joined this wonderful site and although I haven't visited for some time I certainly appreciated all Ann's help. She will be sorely missed by all.

marilyn h
11-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Her loss is our loss.

Flamingogirl
11-29-2011, 11:19 AM
I am a native Wyomingite and loved her work as well. She never failed to encourage other artists. She will be greatly missed. My condolences to her family and close friends.

timo
11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
I feel sad reading that Ann is gone..
She always gave kind comments on other people's work, including mine.
A woman,with great talent and friendly character.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful work and words here Ann..

#5E610B
11-29-2011, 02:34 PM
My love to everyone. My heart goes out to you for your loss. I never had the pleasure of knowing Ann...

CRYork
11-29-2011, 02:46 PM
I was very saddened to hear of Ann's passing. Her daughter had posted on her facebook page that Ann had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, but I only heard of her passing last week. Ann was so encouraging to me as an artist here on WC. She used her art as a teaching tool for most of us. I feel like I knew her. My deep, heartfelt sympathies to her family.

Char York

CRYork
11-29-2011, 02:55 PM
"I am grateful to God, my family, my friends and to all the collectors of my work for the privilege of living the blessed life I do. No one can ask for more."

This is a quote from Ann that I took off her portraiture gallery and her website. This sums up perfectly the kind of person Ann was.

Marcus, thanks for posting the link to her site.

Char

jennaboo88
11-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Very sad news, indeed. She was so talented and was a wonderful artist.

Mado
11-30-2011, 07:04 AM
How sad ! It is really a shock.My condolences go to all her relatives and friends.

aphid dew
12-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I was so saddened to hear of Ann's passing. I only knew her through WC, but I loved her artwork and her byline, as well as her kindness and encouraging comments to other artists. She encouraged me and gave me helpful tips when I was working on my first portrait. My heart goes out to her family and I will lift them up in prayer.
Suzanne

coconut
12-07-2011, 11:37 PM
So very sorry. Sincere condolences to family and friends.

*AquaMarine*
12-10-2011, 05:01 PM
I have just found out about Ann's passing as it was mentioned in another thread about another beloved WC artist who recently died as well - Mike/Stirling.

I am stunned at this news about Ann. What a superb artist and generous soul. Her life and her work truly glorified God. What a blessing to be so touched by those who participate and share of themselves on this site.

I recall reading some time ago about Ann (and her husband) moving to Wyoming and how happy she was there. I'm glad she had some time to enjoy that before her passing.

My thoughts and prayers to her family. She will be sorely missed.

ginny

nickib
12-10-2011, 11:58 PM
I just found out about Ann. I will miss her greatly on this site. To her family and friends I am so sorry for your loss. Nicki

gmarie
12-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Such a Sweet Spirit and Beautiful Lady. I happened to meet her one day in Hobby Lobby and sensed such an endearing spirit. Comfort to the family at Ann's graduation, promotion, & homegoing. ♥ ♥ ♥

Peanut Butter
12-21-2011, 10:13 AM
I am very saddened by this. I knew Ann personally, even took classes from her, and she was always so encouraging and helpful. She was an extremely talented and wonderful woman who will be missed!

Condolences to her husband and her family.

Marmsk
12-24-2011, 12:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. She will be missed.

shadwell
01-09-2012, 07:03 PM
so sad R.I.P. seemed a nice sort when we chatted in the airbrush section !!

skappy
01-11-2012, 03:00 AM
Sad news She was a very talented and generous person we'll miss her condoleances to her family and friends
Robert

birdlady
01-12-2012, 12:06 PM
just came across this and my heart just dropped. What a great lady , warm and generous and always there to help, she was and has left so much with us all in here. She will truly be missed by many. My sincere condolences to the family of Ann. She shines as a star for all of those that knew her in WC

Laurie

ourcassidy!
01-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Very sorry to hear of Ann's death! Sometimes life is really hard to understand. Seems not long ago they moved to Wyoming...something that had been a dream come true for them. I didnt know her on a personal level...but felt like i did because of WC. She seemed to be such a very kind person, always willing to share, help and encourage her fellow artist.

May God bless her family and all those who knew her!

Pam

barbara-in-color
01-23-2012, 09:32 AM
HI, I have been away from WC for a long time and just saw this thread. My sympathies go out to her family and friends. Ann communicated with me once or twice online, and she seemed so sweet and positive. I hope she is in a better place now!

mudfish
01-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Hadn't dropped in on CP for a while and now I find that the person I always looked for first is no longer with us. Truly a loss in every way.

Hoofnpaw
02-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Very sad news indeed. I had no idea she had passed. I was friends with her on FaceBook as well and did not know.

Sean

jumpmaster
02-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Very sad Ann will be missed her talent was top notch and her commitment was inspirational.

Jeff

FaeLynn
03-14-2012, 08:03 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Ann's passing as well. She left behind many friends and lovely works to keep us inspired, I am thankful for her warmth and kindness. RIP Ann.