PDA

View Full Version : I took the plunge!

allydoodle
11-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Well, I finally did it. I started a blog. Yes, me, procrastinator of procrastinators, I actually did it. I've only posted one painting thus far, I will post more as the days go by.

If anybody is interested in taking a look, here is a link to it. (http://dimaurodustyeasel.blogspot.com/)I'm sure if you try and Google it right now, it won't work. You'll need to click on the link. Hopefully, it will eventually show up with a google search.

If you are able to, thanks so much for taking a look! I'm also adding a link to my signature here at Wet Canvas.

Colorix
11-15-2011, 05:45 PM
:clap: :clap: Now add the comment field, so we can celebrate with you!

allydoodle
11-15-2011, 05:48 PM
:clap: :clap: Now add the comment field, so we can celebrate with you!

Oh, duhhhh, what a dummy! I forgot to do that! Thanks Charlie, I am challenged aren't I :lol: ?

Edit to post: Where is the comment field? I swear, I knew I'd do something like this...... Not sure where it is, I'll keep poking around but so far I haven't found it.....

wilfred
11-15-2011, 05:53 PM
I think dimauro.blogspot is a better web address, the shorter the better, but then I guess it's too late to change.

Ruthie57
11-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Yay! Well done Chris!

Turpintine45
11-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Hey good for you Chris. I don't know how to add a comment but well done.

johndill01
11-15-2011, 07:22 PM
When I click on that link, I get a message that the blog has been removed.

John

allydoodle
11-15-2011, 07:37 PM
When I click on that link, I get a message that the blog has been removed.

John

Hi John,

I've been playing with it trying to get the comments field to come up. I deleted my first post and tried again, still not working. Right now the first post is there, but I still can't get the comment field to show. If I go to my dashboard and go to posts, and "view the post" the comments box shows, but when I go to the blog it's not there. Not sure what to do, but for now I'm leaving the post. I think I have 24 hours to delete it so I might play with it some more tonight.

*Deirdre*
11-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Me too...no blog on view! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Nov-2011/33616-30494-hammering_computer.gif Be gentle when you fix it!:evil: :D

flowergirl
11-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Looking forward to more posts!

Dougwas
11-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Congratulations, Chris. I am a follower already.

Doug

KariTirrell
11-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Great!! Looking forward to reading it.

johndill01
11-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Don't you just love things that work as advertised :-) NOT! I have just about given up on my blog because the new fantastic changes in blogger do not work correctly. Wish you gentle breezes with the changes. It now shows up when I click the link. Very good picture on the opening.

John

allydoodle
11-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks wilfred, I shortened it a bit.

Thank you Ruthie.

Thanks Jen, I'm still workin' on it.....

Thank you John. If you click on the link in my signature, it will get you there. I changed the URL..... I'm about ready to scream regarding the comments box. I'm sure it's an easy fix, when you know how......

Yeah Deirdre, I'm ready to use a sledge hammer right now........ :eek: Click on the link in my signature, that will work..... :D

Thank you flowergirl!

Thanks Doug, your so sweet :heart: !

Thank you Kari, you're so nice!

Okay, I'm gonna figure this out if it kills me :lol: !

Potoma
11-15-2011, 10:00 PM
If you didn't find the comment part, look either a new post page or edit an existing one. Outside the text box is an options selection. Click on that for options concerning comments.

Also, look there to adjust the date to do blog posts in the future by adjusting the date - not all will post this way, but you have to try it to find out. It depends on the server your blog is on.

DAK723
11-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Looks good to me! Congrats on taking the plunge! In fact, you inspired me (or reminded me!) to update my own blog for the first time in more than a year!

Don

scall0way
11-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Very nice! Blogs are lots of fun. I just posted about having one of my paintings selected to be the cover art for an upcoming children's novel, and it's all because the editor/publisher found my painting on my blog. You just never know where a blog might lead you.

allydoodle
11-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks Bonnie. What do you mean about adjusting the date? This whole thing is new to me, but I figure I gotta start sometime!

Thanks Don, it's about time I did something I think.

Thank you Debbie, and congratulations! Wow, I guess having a blog is a good idea, you never do know what can happen! That's fantastic!

I started posting some of my older pieces first, to sort of catch up, and to have a place to display them I guess. They're a bit different from how I work now, but I think they are still worth showing (I hope anyway). I don't think I'll show everything I've done, just the ones I think are worthwhile. I also have the added frustration of not having as good a quality photo of the old paintings, they're not taken with a digital camera. I'm being pretty picky about what I'll post, no point in posting really bad photos.

Lynndidj
11-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Looks good Chris!!

Lynn

robertsloan2
11-16-2011, 03:49 AM
Great blog! Good idea posting a few of your older works. They're gorgeous and give readers an idea to expect more. I love that landscape you used for your header too. How did you do that? I've got three Blogger blogs and it'd be awesome to have a permanent artwork up under the blog name.

the drover's dog
11-16-2011, 06:57 AM
That's a classy looking blog my girl. Well done.

PM me if you need any help finding your way around Blogger. I'm no expert, but I've had blogs of one sort or another for a few years now.

Dale

allydoodle
11-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks Lynn, I can't believe I actually did it!

Thank you Robert. I feel like I'm taking a walk down memory lane, it's kind of fun. I'll probably be posting some older stuff for a bit, just to get them put somewhere. Not everything, just the things I think have some merit. Then I'll get on with the current stuff. It does make sense to have the older work at the bottom, with the most recent at the top, which is why I'm doing it this way. I hope people don't mind....

As far as how did I put that painting at the top? What I used was the simple template, and in the Design tab, under the spot where the blog title goes, you have a place to add a gaget. I added a picture gaget, and the painting I chose just happened to be the perfect size. It was total luck, no sizing at all. I did pick a painting that was pretty simple with no detail, I thought it would look nicer. I'm glad you like it, maybe you can figure it out on your blog now.

Thanks so very much Dale, you're so nice. I really procrastinated about this, and looked at a lot of blogs to see what I really wanted mine to look like. I also wanted a neat title, which was difficult to come up with. The first one I picked my daughter nixed right away, she told me it was lame..... oh, the honesty of a 14 year old, so precious....... (she was right though :rolleyes: :lol: ). I just may pick your brain if I get stumped again (I probably will, it's just a matter of time :lol: ). I'm sort of feeling my way around right now, learning as I go. Thanks so much for offering your help, you may hear from me yet........:heart:

Again, thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look. I'll be posting some more paintings that I've not posted here at Wet Canvas, so it's kind of fun to look back on them.

Adriana Meiss
11-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Yeah! It was about time you did it lady!
It's looking good!

jackiesimmonds
11-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Left a comment for you on your cantaloupe melon pic, I love the composition of that one, and the colours too.

It is a bit of a learning curve, but it is great when it works. Hope you have loads of followers!

Jackie

allydoodle
11-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks so much Adrianna! I appreciate your taking a look! :heart:

Hi Jackie,

Thanks so very much. I've tried twice, today and another time, to post a comment on your blog, and someone else's, and for some reason I cannot. I'm not sure what is wrong, but hopefully I will figure it out. I signed on as a follower of your blog today, thinking that was the problem, but I still cannot do it. If you have any ideas, I'm listening...... I have no idea why it won't work....

Yeesh...... the learning curve......

equinespirit
11-16-2011, 02:25 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Does this mean we can pester you with questions? :evil:

Potoma
11-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Chris, you can create posts in advance. Under the text box where you write, you choose some options after you click on options. There you'll see about having comments or not on a post as well as the ability to change the date. For example, I keep my daily photo blog already created for some time in advance, so they publish without me doing anything. Similar, when I post about a show, then it's opening, then it's closing, I can create all three posts at the same time, then stagger their publishing. Also, I created some posts for paintings I'd done in the past, so some posts predate when I began my blog.

allydoodle
11-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I just tried posting a comment again on your blog Jackie. I'm getting the message "your current account does not have access to view this page". Not sure what that means, I signed up to be a follower of your blog, yet I cannot comment. I'm really stymied here.....

allydoodle
11-16-2011, 02:47 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Does this mean we can pester you with questions? :evil:

Sure you can Sarah!

Chris, you can create posts in advance. Under the text box where you write, you choose some options after you click on options. There you'll see about having comments or not on a post as well as the ability to change the date. For example, I keep my daily photo blog already created for some time in advance, so they publish without me doing anything. Similar, when I post about a show, then it's opening, then it's closing, I can create all three posts at the same time, then stagger their publishing. Also, I created some posts for paintings I'd done in the past, so some posts predate when I began my blog.

Hi Bonnie,

I'm talking about posting a comment on someone else's blog. For some reason I can't, I get the message:

"your current account does not have access to view this page" ????? not sure what that means, I've tried to post a comment on two different blogs, with the same message. Help.....

Edit to Post: I just posted a comment on your blog Bonnie, and it worked. I'm wondering if there is some setting on some blogs that prohibit some people from commenting? Can't figure it out......... BTW, great blog you have, just chock full of paintings and information. I'm going back now to take another look....... :D

robertsloan2
11-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Chris, thank you! I'm going to see if I can do something like that on mine. It would be great if I could set up a painting that always appears.

My comments appear on your blog without any trouble. Definitely cool you have the commenter on!

Dcam
11-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Sorry Chris......No Luck!

Derek :(

allydoodle
11-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi Derek,

Click on the link in my signature, that's the correct place. I changed something in all the madness, the one in my signature link works!

*Deirdre*
11-16-2011, 06:37 PM
It should be sorted now...try again!:crossfingers:

allydoodle
11-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah, thanks so much :heart: Deirdre - it works :clap: !

the drover's dog
11-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Jackie, what are you doing commenting here? You are supposed to be winging you way to more interesting climes right about now. Ah well, nice for some people to take holidays.

You seem to be managing the blog thing very well now Chris. Offer still stands though. Advise you to steer clear of the new blogger templates that have recently been released as they cannot accept any of the widgets yet. Widgets are things like Followers and Comments.

Dale

allydoodle
11-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Jackie, what are you doing commenting here? You are supposed to be winging you way to more interesting climes right about now. Ah well, nice for some people to take holidays.

You seem to be managing the blog thing very well now Chris. Offer still stands though. Advise you to steer clear of the new blogger templates that have recently been released as they cannot accept any of the widgets yet. Widgets are things like Followers and Comments.

Dale

Thanks for the heads up Dale. I think I'll just stick to what I've got now, it's working, sort of. I had some followers, but now they're gone, I don't know why. I didn't remove them...... I can't post to some other blogs, like Jackie's, don't know why....... weird.... I hope I'm not going to be sorry I'm doing this. We'll just want and see I guess.... I wanna know where my followers went! :lol:

the drover's dog
11-17-2011, 11:19 AM
The followers will reappear Chris. I can see them. Helps if you reload the page. It's the Javascript having hiccups.

Dale

allydoodle
11-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Thank you Dale, I guess there are a lot of hiccups aren't there? :lol:

Dcam
11-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I saw and explored the blog. Very Nice Chris, and good luck!
Happy Camper, Derek:)