PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Exhibit in Milwaukee Wis.

JudyG
11-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I just saw a wonderful exhibit at the Milwaukee Art Museum in Wisconsin. It is "Impressionism: Masterworks on Paper"

It's an exhibit of pastels, watercolors and drawings by all the impressionists we know and love plus a few I had never heard of before. The pieces are on loan from all over the world including private collections, and the only other place they will be shown after they leave the Milwaukee Art Museum is Vienna. It was a chance to see works of art in real life that you would normally never be able to see. It will be there until January 8, 2012. If anyone is anywhere near Milwaukee it is definately worth the trip. The exhibit was fabulous. I believe if you google it you will be able to see some of the pieces.

As a bonus, the Art Museum itself is a work of art. The building is stunning, right on the waterfront, it looks like a ship with sails or a spaceship. You can check it out at www.mam.org (http://www.mam.org)

bluefish
11-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Wow Judy.....I clicked on the museum and low and behold there you are taking a bath.......:D

sounds like a very worth while exhibit for all those in the Racine, Chi-town area.....thanks for the info.....'blue :wave:

mollerman
11-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info Judy.

JudyG
11-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Just here to help.....:D :wave:

Lynndidj
11-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks Judy! I would sure love to get up there and see that.

Lynn

JudyG
11-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Lynn, If you can get there it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It should only be about a 2 hour ride for you. That's how far it was for me. I also found out (by accident) that the first Thursday of the month is free admission.