PDA

View Full Version : The Oily Rag........Come and Chat November 2011

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

NancyMP
11-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Carey,:heart: thanks! I need to go send her the pix now, she goes to bed at 10pm!

ArtyRolina
11-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Right, the Lemsip is beginning to take effect, I shall go to try and sleep now. It is 3am here, I shall ring the office first to say I will be off tomorrow. If they don't like it, tough (answerphones can't argue back, lol)!

stapeliad
11-06-2011, 10:03 PM
I really need to know if anyone else out there sings *really stupid* nonsense songs to their (deaf!) animals in an attempt to make said animals eat more....

CareyG
11-06-2011, 10:08 PM
:lol: Jessica, I can't say as though I've ever had that problem with animals. Now, with Scarlett, that is another matter.

I just posted my swap paintings--they are so exciting!!!! I really can't say enough how much I love them all. They really are just so amazing.

As I mentioned previously, I did other zebra minis (and I have just started another series of them), when I get a chance and get it all together I will post all of them together.

~!Carey

stapeliad
11-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Carey are you still up? is it too late to call?

NancyMP
11-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I really need to know if anyone else out there sings *really stupid* nonsense songs to their (deaf!) animals in an attempt to make said animals eat more....

Jess, none of my animals likes to hear me sing but Glory. And Himself loves my singing. So I make up nonsense talk to them, like, "You think you're so hot, but I think you're not, your mother's a cat, and your father's like that. You're descended from cats, and that's how you got fat, you'll never be human. You think that you're human, and that's a lie. You'll be feline forever until you die."

May sound cruel, but they think it's music and love the attention! I think Glory's previous owner sang because she loves singing!

sidbledsoe
11-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Carey, thanks for making the video and giving us all a tour of your house, pets, kids (cute as can be), studio, and yard. I would be fishing all the time if that pond were in my backyard!

NancyMP
11-06-2011, 11:15 PM
If you ever wonder how people express their creativity without painting, here's one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX3iLfcMDCw&feature=player_embeddedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX3iLfcMDCw&feature=player_embedded) version, but as much as I love cats, it gives me the willies!

lovin art
11-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Omy Goodness Nance:eek: :clap: :clap: :clap: , your exhibit looks wonderful , Im so proud of you:heart: :D ... its all beautiful and you look just as beautiful too , Im so very impressed by you girl ... Rols right your friend is good but you are the icing on the cake Nance;)

well done !!!!!

oh Carey i cant wait to see your video chica :D i got wait till im home to see it but .... maybe this weekend i hope im awuflly home sick atm ...

I just did a plein air on that bit of ply you sent Sid :D..... it turned out rather beautiful I think I was thinking of all of you as I was painting away ....

mtpalms
11-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Nancy, thanks for showing us your pictures, that is a lot of fabulous art in one spot!

!becca
11-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Oh, I go away for a little while and everyone shows up.:)

I need to have more time to look at it all throughly...

Nancy, your show looks beautiful,:heart: and you and your friend coordinated your wardrobe.:thumbsup: I need t look at it again.

Carey, I haven't yet had time to look at the DVD, but I am going to when I can watch it all the way through..thank you so much!

And thank you all so very much for the art! It all nearly knocked me off my feet.

I wanted to post this pic of mine on my studio shelves...look at the scale difference...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2011/100116-my_paintings_008copy4.jpg

Thank you, everyone so much again.:)

lovin art
11-06-2011, 11:49 PM
oh wow Becc:heart: :clap: :clap: :clap: thats really beautiful chica all that wonderful art , they are tiny arent they ... so sweet those itsy bitsy ones you did for us all ...

Becc your so thoughtfull ...a rare precious gem ... I love ya girl !!:D

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 12:04 AM
oh wow Becc:heart: :clap: :clap: :clap: thats really beautiful chica all that wonderful art , they are tiny arent they ... so sweet those itsy bitsy ones you did for us all ...

Becc your so thoughtfull ...a rare precious gem ... I love ya girl !!:D

What our Oz Dag said! You are so loving you deserve all the wonderful things in the world, Becca!:heart::grouphug:

!becca
11-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Love you too, Sandra.:heart: Thank you!

And, now that everyone is gone, I am catching up.

Yes, Jessica, i sing to my cats...they seem to enjoy it.:D

!becca
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
What our Oz Dag said! You are so loving you deserve all the wonderful things in the world, Becca!:heart::grouphug:Oh, Nancy, you are too sweet...I think there was a lot of love going around today.:heart: :grouphug:

lovin art
11-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Bull shirt Becc:heart: :D I meant it and so does Nance ....

I am no different , Im feeling good about myself cause I just pulled off a beatufiul pleinaire:D

lovin art
11-07-2011, 12:15 AM
man my spelling is herendous lololol i swear its my fone and not me

!becca
11-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Sandra! Yay for the plein air!:clap: I want to see.:)

Tomorrow I have slotted to work on my portrait swap.:D

lovin art
11-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Hey Beccs , thankyou chica , I posted it in pA FORUM heres the link (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14137804#post14137804) hope you like it ... I loved doing this one it was great , but I did kinds get freaked out by the fact there could of been snakes in there with me ... yikes !!! some grand painter I am ...lolol

!becca
11-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Wow, what a long and full day this has been, from the wee hours of the morning until now...12:24 am Monday.:D Thanks to you all, each of you.:heart:

!becca
11-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Sandra, that is beaufitul! Snakes are ok depending on what kind they are...and the worst thing sometimes is how they just sort of show up and surprise you.

!becca
11-07-2011, 01:35 AM
I was planning to post a few pics in the swap thread, but I may wait until morning. I am soooo tired. But, I am going to slip up to my studio for a few moments, that my leave me feeling refreshed enough to post, we will see.:)

lovin art
11-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Awh Thankyou chica , Im so pleased you love it ,.... I stood bak and just had another look at it this one is worth framing I think its got something ...yes your right the snakes mite be ok but we get those deadly browns to , oh well its would instant death at least if I did ...lol

!becca
11-07-2011, 01:44 AM
we get those deadly browns to , oh well its would instant death at least if I did ...lol:eek:

!becca
11-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Ok, I have caught up here even more...Rolina, hope that sleep finally came, and enjoy your day off tomorrow..(today).:heart:

Nancy, I think I said it before, but your exhibit is stunning, you should be so proud!:)

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Becca, you are a love, no doubt about it, and you're wonderful at making people feel good about themselves! About this problem I have; I don't even have access to styling on my type, and I just PMed Yorky about it. I couldn't to answer your PM!

Maybe they should just fire me, or ban me, or whatever they call it!

!becca
11-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Nancy, no way..you are too valuable here.:heart: Your issues will be corrected I am certain.

!becca
11-07-2011, 02:26 AM
I am sort of the walking dead right now. I will try to get some rest and catch up with you in the morning. Night!

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Good night, Becca! Maybe I should go to bed, too. My thinking may be less fuzzy tomorrow!

!becca
11-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Good morning everyone.:D

Nancy, I hope you are able to get those issues resolved today....I understand your frustration.:grouphug:

Jessica, my magic paint is smiling at me this morning.:D

Carey, your little zebra is in my foyer and last night when a local youth came by to peddle fruit for school band money with her dad I was so very tempted to point it out and tell them both all about our swap.:lol:

Sid, or should I say Sizzlin' Sid...wanted to in the swap thread and missed my chance.:D

Rolina, hope you had some sleep and are now enjoying your day.:heart:

I still hope to do a little practice sp that will help me be prepared for my portrait swap today.:)

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks Becca, yeah, I am having a lazy day which is just as well as I really don't feel well at all. I got to sleep around 4am and the dogs next door woke me up at 8.30 :(

My throat is very sore and now my tummy is playing up, so I am glad I am not at work today. I shall go for a gentle walk when the fog clears and take it easy for the rest of the day (I do feel guilty for not going into work).

!becca
11-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Rolina, don't feel guilty about work!:eek: Pamper yourself like you deserve and you will reap the benefit of improved health soon.:heart:

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Rols dont feel guilty! you need to take care of yourself! Hugs!

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Nance did you get your browser issue cleared up? I am sure it is just a setting that accidentally got changed...i do stuff like that too, then I go nuts trying to figure out how to fix it. google usually helps. :)

CareyG
11-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Rolina, aw, don't feel bad, sometimes you just need some time off, especially on a day like this. Make sure you actually do relax!

Becca, :lol: :lol: I have to laugh at your story--she probably would have been excited to see. :D

Nancy, I hope your issue is just magically resolved today. Seems very odd.

Sid, I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. :D

~!Carey

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 09:59 AM
I am livid! My boss has rung me up (because she has lost something and can't remember her password to access the web) and managed to make it known that she isn't pleased I am off today, grrrr!

sidbledsoe
11-07-2011, 10:01 AM
carey, i may watch it again tonite, your kids are hilarious and especially when gavin comes in with the flower telling you that you need to put it in some dirt.
i had two questions, the winter blend is tea you drink right? i will have to get a tea ball right?
and was your studio formerly a kitchen and do you have another kitchen, must be a story there?

!becca
11-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Carey,:D yes, I think they would have.

Rolina, how awful...some bosses are like that. I used to have one that would actually show up knocking on my door on my day off or sick day to see if I would come in anyway.

!becca
11-07-2011, 10:03 AM
carey, i am going to watch it again tonite, your kids are hilarious and especially when gavin comes in with the flower telling you that you need to put it in some dirt.
i had two questions, the winter blend is tea you drink right? i will have to get a tea ball right?
and was your studio formerly a kitchen and do you have another kitchen, must be a story there?As soon as my husband goes out this morning..I am watching that video.:D

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 10:10 AM
i had two questions, the winter blend is tea you drink right?

yes. prepare like normal black tea.

i will have to get a tea ball right?

Yes Sid you will have to get some balls. :evil:

(sorry couldnt resist I am bad but everyone knows it already)

sidbledsoe
11-07-2011, 10:17 AM
alright, first off, there will be no "quoting for emphasis" from post #540.
jessica, you have now dimed me as fizzlin' sid, thankx:lol:

CareyG
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Jessica :eek: :lol:

Sid, if necessary, you *could* just brew it loose in a cup and strain out the leaves. Brew it about 3-5 minutes with boiling water, add sugar and milk to taste.

And yes, we have two kitchens. :lol: Apparently the lady who built the house was very into canning, so that was her "canning kitchen", it has room for an extra fridge and an extra freezer and lots of cabinets and it has a stove top. It is great for art supplies! And it has a sink!

Thanks, I agree, my kids are so funny. :D

~!Carey

!becca
11-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Ok, glad Sid has all he needs to know about how to brew his tea.:D

Carey, I just looked at your video..and it is precious!!! I have too many favorite parts, loved seeing you and your family and your home and your studio and your art supplies...you are all adorable.:heart:

And, my art supply package apparently came in the mail Saturday and just made it into the house today:)...unfortunatly my husband was not as happy about it's arrival as I was.:(

CareyG
11-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks, Becca. :D But I don't understand why your husband wouldn't be thrilled. :confused:

I just posted all of my mini beezas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14138451) together.

!becca
11-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Carey, some days husbands are crankier than others. I just saw your thread...they are all too cute. I am so impressed how you completed it all.:)

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Yes Sid you will have to get some balls. :evil:

Quoted for emphasis!

:evil:

sidbledsoe
11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
:o i also need one of those wicked looking little staple removers :D

now, carey or anyone, how much tea per cup, a teaspoon or two?

!becca
11-07-2011, 11:34 AM
:o i also need one of those wicked looking little staple removers :D

now, carey or anyone, how much tea per cup, a teaspoon or two?
:lol:
Sid, you can make it to taste...I use about 1 I suppose.

Ok, would anyone like to pay any of these bills I have?:)

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Sid does this meet your requirements?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/53789-staple.jpg

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Ok, would anyone like to pay any of these bills I have?

Will you pay my vet bills?

!becca
11-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Sid does this meet your requirements?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/53789-staple.jpg:lol:

!becca
11-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Will you pay my vet bills?can't...don't know how I am supposed to pay what I have here.

!becca
11-07-2011, 11:49 AM
We are starting to get rain.:D Our forecast is actually for 100% chance of rain.

CareyG
11-07-2011, 11:50 AM
:eek: :lol: :lol:

I use about a spoonful of tea per cup, as well.

We just watched 101 Dalmations for the first time in a long while--Scarlett got the biggest kick out of all the dogs! I love seeing her reactions to animals, it's so cute.

CareyG
11-07-2011, 11:51 AM
As far as bills, I've got some here, too...maybe the site's owners could pick them all up for us! That would only be fair, right?

!becca
11-07-2011, 11:57 AM
As far as bills, I've got some here, too...maybe the site's owners could pick them all up for us! That would only be fair, right?sounds more than fair to me!:D

Scarlett is just a cutie all the way around.:heart:

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 12:24 PM
i have to get more pills for my cat this evening...she needs an appetite stimulant. :(

!becca
11-07-2011, 12:30 PM
i have to get more pills for my cat this evening...she needs an appetite stimulant. :(:( I feel so sorry for you and your kitty....I wish I had a magic solution for you.:grouphug:

!becca
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM
I just opened a notice from our county treasurer for another stupid form we will be required to fill out.:( Ok, further review...maybe I don't need that form.:)

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 12:47 PM
I am struggling technically with the video, Carey, I think my laptop isn't man enough. I will take it with me to work tomorrow and watch it at lunch time. I think it will cheer me up greatly!

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh, dear, Jessica, you are practically a full-time carer for your cat! I hope the tablets help (gawsh, keep those sort of tablets away from me, lol!)

!becca
11-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes, I find a glass of wine can be an appetite stimulant...but probably not good for the kitty. Maybe it could help Jessica though.

Rolina, I do think that video will be a lot of cheer for you.:D

!becca
11-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Today is improving...bills are paid so I should have studio time this afternoon.:)

lovin art
11-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi guys

Sid thankyou for you kind thoughts on the use of your birch ply it was nice use and I mite even send it to you maybe but for some reason I love that little plein air to much :D

I'm going home on Friday ~ for a week not well at all , I was thinking of buying a new car and I can't even get excited about that ATM and really that's just not me as I love my sporty cars ,:( will go back to school when an I'm able I'm just not up for it at this time and I'm having more treatment so makes more sense to be where I need to be for now I hope

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Aw, Sorry you aren't well again Sandra - will you have to go into hospital for some more treatment?

Maybe you just need to spend some time getting properly fit and then you can go at it with more energy.

(((hugs)))

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Sandra, sorry to hear you need more treatment...but it is definitely better to be home for that kind of thing. Hope you feel better very soon! :heart:

TinaC
11-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Sandra I am sorry you have to have more treatment, keep us posted please.

Nancy, your show looked amazing, sorry you didnt have more sales but its more down the economy rather than the quality of the exhibits.

Rolina, sorry you are unwell, I think all the things that you are having to deal with lately are grinding you down. Look after yourself, be selfish for a change and dont let You Know Who get under your skin.

I'll be back later, just on my way to the swap thread, then to have some food..

!becca
11-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Sandra, i am glad you will be home for treatment.:heart: I hope you are feeling better soon. So sad that you have this to deal with.

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 03:16 PM
My 5 year old daughter just got a call from a boy! :eek:

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Nance :heart: my apologies I forgot to mention how splendid your show looks! :clap:

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi Tina! :wave:

lovin art
11-07-2011, 03:19 PM
tHANKYOU girls :heart: .... Im feeling bad but Im also missing my family:o and atm its like I am not even me anymore:( , if you know what I mean ... like some alien has taken over my body ...

Ill get back to school its just going to have to wait for abit my health is more important and so is being around for my family:crossfingers: and this coming year one of my darling sons is getting married so I have that to think about too ..:D

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 03:32 PM
:dropjaw:

mtpalms
11-07-2011, 03:35 PM

And so it starts....

!becca
11-07-2011, 03:48 PM
My 5 year old daughter just got a call from a boy! :eek::eek:

!becca
11-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Sandra, I think your prorities are in the right places right now.:heart: I know your family misses you too.

!becca
11-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Thought I would mention this afternoon that I am relaxing with some winter blend tea.:) And I have my drawing on my little canvas.

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks, Jess,:heart: and Hi, Everybody! It feels so good to be "home" again with you! We finally got all our 'puter probs fixed!

Um, Jess, how old is this boy? I thought boys Daya's age hated anything to do with girls!:eek:

It's raining today, so I'm thinking that I will get some painting done this evening on my little 2x2s that I need for Christmas ornaments. Or, then again, I need to check on the Portraiture forum to see if Jen has at last sent me pics of herself for the holiday portrait swap!

I really like our Thanksgiving holiday so much more than Christmas, which has become another event celebrating greed.

Rolina,:heart: I hope you're feeling better soon, and I think you should tell your boss that you are not a machine but a human being subject to all the illnesses of other humans! Since my temporary boss is my BFF, I could tell her that flat out. As one who is in the 50% of the human population that is born guilty, I know from experience how the other half that are born not guilty try to manipulate our guilt feelings!:evil:

Sandra,:heart: you sweetheart, you need to treat yourself as if you were your own baby, get thee home and in the company of your loving family. I think you're doing a very wise move here!:D Feel better soon! I hope you don't need to spend any more time in the hospital.

Tina,:heart: I'm so glad to find out what surface you used for your swaps! Mylar is on my shopping list for the next trip to buy art supplies! I so love my beautiful painting from you! I may even paint my portrait swap mate on mylar!:D

Becca,:heart: I enjoyed your phone call so much yesterday! I wish I hadn't missed Carey's! Talking with you is like talking to someone I've known all my life! I got bills, too, and I want to get them taken care of before my birthday so I can fell carefree.:smug:

Aw, Sid,:heart: poor baby, :music:(tiny violins):music: are you being mistreated by Jess? Now I wonder, isn't that what you want, so you can pay 'er back? Find out from Becca where she found that wild Staple remover! You need that!:lol:

Where is Björn?

Dear Carey,:heart: that video is so fantastic I had to watch it again! And you know what? Since you have a stovetop in your studio, you could give a try-out in another medium, encaustic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHt-x0yIVXg). We have three artists in our gallery who are practically addicted to it, and you might fall in love with it!

!becca
11-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Nancy, glad you are back.:heart: I can't wait to see your 2x2s they will be adorable I know. I loved our talk too. It was too short.:D Good luck with the bills, mine are now out of here, nice surprise was the electric bill was only $22.00. That is because they estimated our previous bill and over charged us. Oh, Jessica was the one who found that stapleremover...:lol:

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Um, Jess, how old is this boy?

He is in her class, i know who it is.

I thought boys Daya's age hated anything to do with girls!

I dont think that's always the case...clearly not with this kid... but one of Daya's very closest and best friends is a boy. (not the one who called tho) I think they are already married, actually...they definitely act like an old married couple. :lol:

Christmas, which has become another event celebrating greed.

Don't even get me started on this. I have come to detest the holiday. :mad:

Aw, Sid, poor baby, (tiny violins) are you being mistreated by Jess? Now I wonder, isn't that what you want, so you can pay 'er back? Find out from Becca where she found that wild Staple remover! You need that!

I found the staple remover for Sid! What he doesn't know is that thing bites people named Sid. :D And he deserved what he got, for calling me a STAPEWORM. :p

!becca
11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I dont think that's always the case...clearly not with this kid... but one of Daya's very closest and best friends is a boy. (not the one who called tho) I think they are already married, actually...they definitely act like an old married couple.
When I was 5 my best friend and partner in crime was the boy my age across the street...we were always together..it lasted until the 2nd grade...then his family moved away.

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Aww Becc that is sad. :(

Hey, I think you and i could *easily* have a 5 hour tea party and still not be done gabbing. :D

bjornjo
11-07-2011, 04:44 PM
ahh my latest post dissapeared in cyberspace well im fine abit beaten up but thats whats happen at this exercises i forgot
jessica im sorry i forgot to flex at sid maybe i should do a drawing of my flexing :) but then i might get banned from wc for threatening..
rolina your boss..maybe need a replacement to china if pepole are sick they are sick
nancy that exhibition looks fabously
sandra poor health will do you good to get some treatment and spend some time with family
will go and catch up better

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Heya Bj! :wave: You can flex at Sid anytime. :D

!becca
11-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Aww Becc that is sad. :(

Hey, I think you and i could *easily* have a 5 hour tea party and still not be done gabbing. :DIt was very sad.:(

You are right, that tea party could go on a long, long time.:D

!becca
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Bjorn, sorry for the lost post, I have been having trouble too.

!becca
11-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Tina, by the way...you would have been lovely to paint a portrait of if you woudl have had any photos floating readily available in the forums before now.:)

TinaC
11-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I think I am done with the computer for one day. I use one all day at work most days, then come home and am on it all evening. Tonight I updated my blog with all your wonderful artworks, wrote some personal emails, edited some photos, posted a few bits on WC and now its nearly bedtime. Not a healthy lifestyle.

At least now I can rave about drafting film without worry about letting something slip.

Random thoughts -
Nancy, your portaits are amazing.
Carey, I thought your hair was purple?
Sid, you dont update your blog often enough.
Nor do you Carey, but you have two young children so you are excused.
Jessica, your daughter is obviously a very special person, you must both get used to attention.
Bjorn you are a very wise man indeed, far beyond your years.
Rolina for someone who runs a charity your boss is extremely uncharitable - she stinks.
Sandra, there is plenty of time for art. Health and family first.
Marcia, have you got anything to tell us?
Becca, thanks for saying that about my photo but really I cannot stand myself, have very few photos and ensure I am always behind the camera. Trying to face a few demons though - or just not care too much.
Did I say your swaps looks amazing in your house...

Thats it, my brain is mush and I need to go to bed early. Goodnight all.

mtpalms
11-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I have a couple pictures from the weekend. I finally figured out that I'm worn out from it all, and I need a nap!

From Friday's house concert (I didn't take any pictures, now I wish I had :(
(although I suspect I will be seeing him again soon.)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/378490_892961511070_25913141_41719242_175870162_n.jpg

Saturday night with Jason at the Mint in LA:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296679_2148010659313_1217711713_31868526_1408391020_n.jpg

Both nights were a blast!

Edit:
Okay, I couldn't stand how the other person's photo looked, so I tweaked it in Pshop
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/208394-378490n.jpg

lovin art
11-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Tiny I must of missed your pic is it in the portrait thread ? Umm I must go look

Thankyou Nance Tina Becc bj the model dude fleck your muscle at Sid yet ? , I am extremely dedicated to art but my health is needed to get things done I have plans to show some work in the next two years I plan to be around to do so , so must get better first

lovin art
11-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Arhhh tiny I just saw you , why are you so hung up on your looks girl :confused:

Lol your bonkers baby !!!! I love ya:heart: :D

!becca
11-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Tina, thank you, your's will be there among them soon...you have no reason to be camera shy.

Marcia, glad you enjoyed the weekend!

Sandra, you will improve with experience, a tutor is nice, but if you need a break, that is ok too.:)

Oh, Carey, a thought just came to me as I was walking in here, I have a very, very old underwood typewriter very much like yours..it was my dad's before he automated.:) I hope to paint it in a still life or two one day.

lovin art
11-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Yep I know Becc I'm all for learning but like I said to J it's not like I'm a full on beginner either in getting there I'm already seeing a huge change in my thinking as a more serious artist , one omy teachers Ryan he's been taught in florance he sees my skill said I draw beautifully so I'm pleased to know this at least :D

Great about your still life work Becc

!becca
11-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Tina, I looked at your blog, and thank you for the posts. I wanted to make a comment or two, but google won't let me..no issue, it wont' let me comment on my own blog!:(

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 05:57 PM
She doesn't do it for the right reasons, she does it to make herself look good and because it is the only way we can get (a) the work done for free and (b) it is where funding is these days.

Trouble is, some people actually believe that she is doing some good, grrrr.

Rolina for someone who runs a charity your boss is extremely uncharitable - she stinks.

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Googlel has the hiccups this evening :(

Tina, I looked at your blog, and thank you for the posts. I wanted to make a comment or two, but google won't let me..no issue, it wont' let me comment on my own blog!:(

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Great photos - which one is the new boost to your love life (and can I have the other one)?

I have a couple pictures from the weekend. I finally figured out that I'm worn out from it all, and I need a nap!

From Friday's house concert (I didn't take any pictures, now I wish I had :(
(although I suspect I will be seeing him again soon.)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/378490_892961511070_25913141_41719242_175870162_n.jpg

Saturday night with Jason at the Mint in LA:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296679_2148010659313_1217711713_31868526_1408391020_n.jpg

Both nights were a blast!

Edit:
Okay, I couldn't stand how the other person's photo looked, so I tweaked it in Pshop
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/208394-378490n.jpg

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Tina, I have the same problem with photos of me, but I finally realized that every one of us has a special character about them which is loveable, and it has nothing to do with standards of beauty. Artists like us who paint people, are particularly prone to disliking our own looks. It was all these wonderful people on the Oily Rag who convinced me to go ahead and post my photos. I don't think I look so hot, but when you know people who love you, like these do, you don't mind sharing whatever you look like!:heart:

Thanks to all of you who liked my exhibit; you make me feel good about myself and what I'm doing!

Marcia, I like your new tag, "Keep Joshua Tree Weird!":D That is so fun. Now, fess up, is that photo you fixed in Photoshop your new love interest? I do hope you paint him; he looks very nice (or should I say weird)!

I gotta go struggle with the phone company; they're saying I didn't pay my last phone bill, and I know I did.:eek: I'm looking it up online in my bank account!

Later!

!becca
11-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Rolina, it is an ongoing thing with google and I.:(

Nancy, good luck with the phone company.

!becca
11-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Ok, we had another band student and his dad visiting this evening, they are the family is who owns the cows we pasture..and this time I did tell them about the swap. And, I grabbed Carey's painting to show to them.:D He said my husband had been telling him about it earlier.:) I showed them one of my cowboy paintings too.

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 07:00 PM
The excitement never stops here. Now we have thunderstorms dotting the state, and some tornado activity in the west! Earthquakes to twisters!

I love living here; I think it's the lurking dangers that make the people so polite and friendly. We're always ready to stop and help anyone in trouble.

Let's hope we have enough thunderstorms to avoid wildfires in the winter drought!

I am going to have to start paying AT&T by mail; they don't seem to have a website that includes a combined wireless and home phone account! Tomorrow I'm calling to complain! And they'll say, of course, that it's all my fault because their web system is perfect!

!becca
11-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Sid, here is another tea making tip...I tried out making it in my coffee maker this afternoon and had very good results. I made half a pot so I added a couple teaspoons of tea to the filter and ran the hot water over it...tasted alright.:)

!becca
11-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Nancy, sorry for the stupid phone issues...seems to be common with phone companies.:rolleyes:
I was going to tell you that I looked at the earthquake map and apparently tremors were felt very near here. Maybe we had a slight effect and I didn't even know.
Also, this afternoon we had the thunder..I loved it.:D

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 07:04 PM
This (http://www.drawastickman.com/) is so much fun for artists! It was sent to me by another artist here in OKC!

sidbledsoe
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Sid, here is another tea making tip...I tried out making it in my coffee maker this afternoon and had very good results. I made half a pot so I added a couple teaspoons of tea to the filter and ran the hot water over it...tasted alright.:)
i will take your advice over jessica's and go try some right now, will report back in a while!:D

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I tried out making it in my coffee maker

HORRORS!!

REBECCA I AM SCANDALIZED!!!

:p

!becca
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Yay, Sid, hope you enjoy, it is really delicious!:D

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 07:47 PM
i will take your advice over jessica's

pfffffffft.

sidbledsoe
I just got an idea, will report back with pics if i succeed!

!becca
HORRORS!!

REBECCA I AM SCANDALIZED!!!

:p:lol: It works.:lol:

!becca
11-07-2011, 07:49 PM
I just got an idea, will report back with pics if i succeed!what now?

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 07:50 PM
I need a new BFF. My current one turned out to be a dud.

Who wants to be my new BFF?

!becca
11-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Ok, what are your requirements.:D

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 07:56 PM
NANCY that link is fantastic!! Thanks for sharing. :heart:

lovin art
11-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Me but I'm already aren't I lol I'm trying to draw a cast head grrrr

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Me but I'm already aren't I lol

Yay!

:grouphug: :clap: :heart: :grouphug: :clap: :heart: :grouphug: :clap: :heart:

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Ok, what are your requirements.

Be nice to me. :heart:

!becca
11-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Be nice to me. :heart:Done!:heart: :grouphug:

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Breaking up is very difficult, this is a very difficult time for me, I really thought my BFF was forever. Now I am :crying:

*sniff*

!becca
Nancy, I need to check your link in a little while...

stapeliad
i think I'm on the rebound. :crying:

!becca
11-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Breaking up is very difficult, this is a very difficult time for me, I really thought my BFF was forever. Now I am :crying:

*sniff*:grouphug:

!becca
11-07-2011, 08:05 PM
i think I'm on the rebound. :crying::eek: that is never good.:grouphug:

mtpalms
11-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes Rolina, you may have the other one, but you have to pick him up in Santa Monica. He's worth the trouble though!

Tina,
Marcia, I like your new tag, "Keep Joshua Tree Weird!":D That is so fun. Now, fess up, is that photo you fixed in Photoshop your new love interest? I do hope you paint him; he looks very nice (or should I say weird)!

Well, he wrote a song about weird.
"I had to go to Italy
to find someone who appreciates my poetry
On the train all day, the train all night
they fed me spaghetti — what a nice surprise!
Happiness is easy as a fine Italian chick
but all Italian girls are Catholic

It's weird over here
Roman ruins everywhere
and an unfamiliar tongue in my ear
But I've been away so long
I'm afraid when I get home
it's gonna be weird back there"

I love Stickman!

And I'll be nice to you too, Jessica!:heart:

sidbledsoe
11-07-2011, 08:19 PM
here we go,
place one heaping teaspoon of swaptea into a coffee filter:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/112587-IMGP2749.JPG
twist top to contain said herbs:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/112587-IMGP2750.JPG
secure with dental floss and steep in cup of hot water for several minutes:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/112587-IMGP2751.JPG
cut piece of apple, caramel, pecan cake and remove teabag add a little sugar, not too much:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/112587-IMGP2752.JPG
yummooh!:D

really it was excellent tea carey, very tasty and smooth!

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Sid just didnt have the balls to do it right. :p :lol:

Thank you Marcia.

sidbledsoe
11-07-2011, 08:26 PM
nads-urally you would say that!:D

jess, sorry about losing one of your bff's but you still have me :thumbsup:

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Sid was that cake good? It sounds good.
Was the dental floss minty? It looks minty.

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 08:27 PM
jess, sorry about losing one of your bff's but you still have me

LMAO :lol: :lol:
Sid go read back a page.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup:

sidbledsoe
11-07-2011, 08:29 PM
that cake was made by my daughter in law and it was deeelishh,
i have to check on that floss, don't remember, i will be offline now while
dancing with the stars is on , see ya,

stapeliad
11-07-2011, 08:29 PM
nads-urally you would say that!

:D well...this might not be appropriate for the oily but I guess you got teabags after all. :D

mtpalms
11-07-2011, 08:33 PM
nads-urally

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/5354/squint1lt2.png

The home made tea bag was genius though. That wasn't mint floss was it?

Edit: oops Jessica already asked. You guys move too fast for me.

sidbledsoe
11-07-2011, 09:12 PM
not mint, the floss was plain. the bag worked really great, just like a regular tea bag.

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Jess,:heart: many of us already think of you as our BFF (it's allowed to have more than one in case any kick off - then you don't have to hold a seance to talk!), so I add an s to the Friend part!

Five hours is way too short a time for two Oily Girls to chat; just think if we had all of us in a room together! The fun fest gab would last for a week or more! Except when we all would go out to paint together, when the nattering would quieten!:grouphug:

I'm glad you and Marcia liked the stick man! I was thinking that Daya would like it, too!

I got out my tea ball, and then I saw Sid's nifty solution! And if it was mint floss, well that would give it a touch of mint and I never heard of that hurting tea!

Carey,:heart: love your winter blend tea, and you are too generous! Knowing that you can't get anymore, and giving part of what you have left to us,:o is so sweet!:angel:

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Just this minute had another earthquake, but it didn't last long. I wonder if it was another aftershock... but I always heard that aftershocks came pretty close on the heels of the actual quake?

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I looked up USGS and found a map of the recent quake (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/); I'm toward the western end of it

sidbledsoe
11-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Nancy, i do hope that is the end of these quakes you are having there.

NancyMP
11-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Sidney, I'm not real thrilled about it myself; this house was leaky enough without any help!

CareyG
11-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Oh no not more quakes, scary!

Sid I love your tea-making steps. That is a super-cute pot on your stove! Believe it or not, I almost suggested what you did...though I have no idea why I didn't suggest it. Maybe because I've never actually tried it.

I'm so glad you have all enjoyed the winter blend. :D I am still working on finding a near replacement...tonight I got a little closer, I think, maybe.

Becca, I'm so glad I was there in spirit to provide the exciting swap example. :D

Marica, it looks like fun. I think you probably need *more* than one nap, though!

Tina, it was purple. Hard to maintain, though, so not at the moment. I am soooo terrible about my blog, I'm glad I am excused, though. :lol:

~!Carey

CareyG
11-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Sandra, do take care of yourself...it's not going to do you any good to wear yourself down. :heart:

~!Carey

CareyG
11-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Rolina, I was a little worried about technical difficulties...I hope you are able to see it. :)

Your boss should be much nicer to you.

~!Carey

CareyG
11-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Nancy, that is interesting you mention encaustic...I was looking at some of that stuff a little while back. I managed to forgo it, but who knows how long that will last. :lol: It looks very neat.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. :heart:

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 11:28 PM
It is OK Carey, I could see stills of the zebras and I saw the adorable drawer-baby, LOL. Hopefully I will be able to see the rest at work tomorrow.

I haven't had my tea yet, it will be wasted on my non taste buds while I have a cold at the moment. But it smells delicious. I ate the chocolate already.

Nancy, Stick man was fun and a nice way to while away 10 mins as I drink another Lemsip.

Jessica, if you can forgive me for my recent faux pas, can I be your new BFF? I have no balls, but I do have a pretty tea pot! LOL at Sid.

Becca - how is Toby?

ArtyRolina
11-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Took me a moment to get this, LOL!

:D well...this might not be appropriate for the oily but I guess you got teabags after all. :D

!becca
11-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Sid, stroke of genious:cool:...I could have done that..:)

Jessica, sorry I had to go..supose now there is no hope.:(

Carey, the tea is wonderful, even with the coffee pot when all your pans are in the washer.:) And, my neighbors were truely dazzled by your art and the swap.:D

Nancy, sorry for the quakes, it must be a little scary.:grouphug:

Rolina, Toby is fine, he loves being carried and petted, he loves being a lap cat more than any other we have had. He and Dexter camped out in the shop most of the day while it was rainy.:cat:

I will check out stick man shortly.

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Rols,I made a beautiful card for you to take in for your boss - here it is!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/203830-Get_sick_soon%21-1.jpg

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 12:29 AM
My favorite cartoon cat again. I don't know why I love this guy so much, but I sometimes laugh out loud when I see these cartoons!:lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/203830-Garfield_11.7.11.gif

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 12:31 AM
We got a great thunderstorm here now. I love to open the door and see all that heavy downpour! Maybe if it continues raining into November it will break the drought conditions!

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Uh, anybody here?

!becca
11-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Just me, Nancy, and I have been playing stickman. LOL about your card and cartoon...you are on a roll tonight.

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Becc, it must be the negative ions in the air; thunderstorms bring it out, and make me feel creative!

Stickman is so much fun! I draw terribly with a mouse! Himself came along while I was playing it, and laughed, too!

!becca
11-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Nancy, ok, I will strike a claim to the ions too. I have had some things in the works and haven't been progressing, then this evening it has all began coming together....of course it is easier too with no interruptions.:lol:

I saved stickman, never know when you might need it.:D

Like i was mentioning before, things are beginning to come together on some projects...now to make my calender work out...biggest thing is getting the portrait swap finished so it can dry. But, too, I am a little disappointed that I haven't painted more lately, I had really meant to. Guess, I will still be able to do those projects, just need to find the time.

Well, look at me running on like this.:o

TinaC
11-08-2011, 04:34 AM
This (http://www.drawastickman.com/) is so much fun for artists! It was sent to me by another artist here in OKC!

This is fab Nancy, I have put it on my Facebook page - thanks for sharing.

TinaC
11-08-2011, 04:37 AM
here we go,
place one heaping teaspoon of swaptea into a coffee filter:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/112587-IMGP2749.JPG
twist top to contain said herbs:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/112587-IMGP2750.JPG
secure with dental floss and steep in cup of hot water for several minutes:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/112587-IMGP2751.JPG
cut piece of apple, caramel, pecan cake and remove teabag add a little sugar, not too much:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/112587-IMGP2752.JPG
yummooh!:D

really it was excellent tea carey, very tasty and smooth!

Very enterprising Sid and that cake looks really scrummy. I dont have a teapot or any coffee filters but I will find a way too!

TinaC
11-08-2011, 04:49 AM
Carey,:heart: love your winter blend tea, and you are too generous! Knowing that you can't get anymore, and giving part of what you have left to us,:o is so sweet!:angel:

Tell me more, why is this winter blend no longer available? Where did it come from? Yes, Carey you are very generous if that its the case. I shall use mine wisely.

You have a lovely speaking voice and I really enjoyed my tour round your studio. Its a funny thing I am sure a non artist would find it pretty uninteresting but I love having a poke around other peoples art areas :). It also makes me feel better about all the stuff I have - we are all greedy magpies. Why is that?

TinaC
11-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Rols,I made a beautiful card for you to take in for your boss - here it is!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2011/203830-Get_sick_soon%21-1.jpg

Nancy, I just burst out laughing the office when I read this - absolutely priceless, well done. You have a wicked sense of humour.

ArtyRolina
11-08-2011, 05:10 AM
LOL, I burst out laughing in the office too - it has cheered me up a lot, lol!

Nancy, you are funny!

!becca
11-08-2011, 07:26 AM
I dont have a teapot or any coffee filters but I will find a way too!Tina, loosly woven fabric works too..cheescloth is best.:)

Rolina, Nancy must have done wonders for you! You do sound so cheerful.:D

!becca
11-08-2011, 07:41 AM
I am in great humor too in starting my day, still excited by all the progress last night. For the moment I even feel organized.:D

sidbledsoe
11-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I dont have a teapot or any coffee filters but I will find a way too!
tina, do you have a strainer? you can just put the loose tea in a cup of hot water, steep, and then pour it through a strainer into another cup.

CareyG
11-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Good morning, everyone. If it's not morning, it should be. :D

Rolina,
I have no balls,
I thought you juggled.

Nancy, I love Garfield, too. :D Yay for thunder!

Tina,
You have a lovely speaking voice
:eek: If you say so. :lol: I love looking into other people's stuff, too. :D The winter blend is my favorite tea ever...the company that initially provided it went out of business or merged or something, I don't know. Then happily I found it elsewhere. Now they no longer have it, either. :( But it's meant to be enjoyed, so I hope everyone does. :D

Becca, yay for progression! :D

Ajax is dreaming, Gavin is stampeding outside with Tekila, and Scarlett almost poured my thermos of tea all over herself. :eek:

~!Carey

CareyG
11-08-2011, 09:21 AM
For the moment I even feel organized.
:eek:

Amazing. I wish I could feel that some day. :lol:

!becca
11-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Amazing. I wish I could feel that some daynotice I just said for the moment.:lol:

sounds like a lively morning at your house...:D :heart:

So far I am kind of on track, though I had hoped to be farther on my list by now. Just finished uploading 21 more pics to my blog post :) it took about an hour...:eek: But I think it was worth it.

Sid, :lol: now you are a tea expert.:D

mtpalms
11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Tell me more, why is this winter blend no longer available? Where did it come from? Yes, Carey you are very generous if that its the case. I shall use mine wisely.

You have a lovely speaking voice and I really enjoyed my tour round your studio. Its a funny thing I am sure a non artist would find it pretty uninteresting but I love having a poke around other peoples art areas :). It also makes me feel better about all the stuff I have - we are all greedy magpies. Why is that?

Somehow I missed this, and I would love to see it please Carey.

I need to take trash to the dump, and a friend's pickup is available this morning, needs to be done - I have put it off a month because I was so busy - but AAAAGH! I want to paint!!!!!

Good Morning Oilies!!!! :wave: :grouphug:

!becca
11-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Marcia, my sympathies...

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 10:11 AM
I am so out of sorts and disoriented this morning. My cat has been crying and acting funny so I didnt sleep well, Daya woke up way too early, school is closed so I had to make the long trek to daycare, i forgot my phone so had to go all the way back home before getting on the train, and I missed my stop because I was too busy reading and forgot where I was.

mtpalms
11-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Well, it needs to be done, I just spent Monday tying up loose ends and was hoping to spend the day painting - I think I will get into the studio this afternoon. The dump run won't take long, but in exchange I am helping her move some furniture from her old place to her new one.

mtpalms
11-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh Jessica, I hate days like that, the routine gets broken and nothing seems to flow like it should.

!becca
11-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I am so out of sorts and disoriented this morning. My cat has been crying and acting funny so I didnt sleep well, Daya woke up way too early, school is closed so I had to make the long trek to daycare, i forgot my phone so had to go all the way back home before getting on the train, and I missed my stop because I was too busy reading and forgot where I was.Jessica, I am so sorry!:grouphug: I hope your kitty is ok...poor old girl. And, poor you too. Better Day Vibes to you.:heart:

!becca
11-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Marica, I don't envy your dump trip, luckily today is trash day here too..but only need to get the bags out to the drive.

I want to paint too, but I will be later if at all.

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Marcia, i took my garbage out this morning too. :)

reneekennedy
11-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Awesome!

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 10:53 AM
So I had a kitty scare last night, bless Carey she was so nice to keep texting me.... :heart:

Relaxicat started crying last night, crying and moving around like she couldnt get comfortable. she was acting stressed out and I was worried she was in pain in her nether-regions, either from arthritis or not having pooped in 5 days.

She seemed to want contact so I even slept on Dayas old toddler mattress on the floor (I dont want her on my bed right now).....

I was so scared she was stressed and in pain.

called the vet this morning and asked if her appetite stimulant has any side affects...vet tech said Oh yeah, it can make them constantly meow and make them hyper.

:rolleyes:

CareyG
11-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Jessica, that sounds like quite the day. Why on earth are they out of school *today*?

Marcia, for some reason my connection won't let me upload videos to the net, so I sent out discs with my swap packages. I'd really like to send it to you, though, so you could see it (in fact, I considered asking for your address earlier just so I could :lol:). If you want, PM your address and I will. :) :)

And I really hate trash!

~!Carey

!becca
11-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Jessica, what awful side effects...and the vet should have warned you.

Carey, what is to like about trash?

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Why on earth are they out of school *today*?

Election Day. :rolleyes:

Beccs it's ok now that I know what it is.

!becca
11-08-2011, 11:09 AM
They let school out for election day? Wow.

CareyG
11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Election Day.
:confused:

What, exactly, is your daughter voting for?

sidbledsoe
11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
:confused:

What, exactly, is your daughter voting for?

she is voting for no school today!:D

!becca
11-08-2011, 11:24 AM
she is voting for no school today!:D:D

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Sid- :lol:

i am voting for afternoon naps.

sidbledsoe
11-08-2011, 11:29 AM
me too and i vote for lunch .... now!
what if they had an election and no one came?

!becca
11-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Jessica, those portrait swap photos that didn't turn out? :rolleyes: I just saw your portrait over in the portrait swap thread and it is stunning...of course, what else would I expect?:D

!becca
11-08-2011, 11:45 AM
And, by the way...I would vote for chocolate...eternal youth with the wisdom of age...and lots and lots of time to paint.:)

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 11:57 AM
OMG my swap partner just sent me my portrait... he did an absolutely smashing job, i love it!!!

!becca
11-08-2011, 12:01 PM
I know, Jessica!:D

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm still in the middle of being overwhelmed.

!becca
11-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Jessica, what else could you expect..you are beautiful! Everyone can see that.:heart:

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm not overwhelmed by myself... :rolleyes: I am overwhelmed at that dude's portrait skillz!!

!becca
11-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes, he is good...he was inspired..I saw it in portraiture, see my post above. jSorry if I sounded stupid.

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Beccs you never sound stupid, dont ever say that. :heart: :grouphug:

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:30 PM
I know exactly what I am going to do for George's portrait, am now inspired to start the underpainting. :D

!becca
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Oh, Jessica, I do..when I am tired and distracted as well..words don't always come out right. But you are very sweet.:heart:

I have been afraid to start with my paint yet on my swap...I am going to do a little practice painting of me first. Was goiing to do it today, but now I think i will wait until Thursday or Friday.

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Oh, Jessica, I do

You don't. :heart:

!becca
11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
I know exactly what I am going to do for George's portrait, am now inspired to start the underpainting. :DYay!!! :clap: My swap partner pmed me the other day saying she had too many distractions at present so she hadn't started yet...at least I am not feeling presure to hurry right now.:)

!becca
11-08-2011, 12:35 PM
You don't. :heart:ok:o

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I had painting plans last night- to start memling or the portrait...but my hyper cat scared me.

Tonight for sure.

sidbledsoe
11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Sid, you never sound stupid either

thanks bff :D

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
:D

Anytime! :heart: :grouphug:

sidbledsoe
11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
jessica, george is good with those cp's but man he really did a fine job on your portrait!

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Jess, many of us already think of you as our BFF (it's allowed to have more than one in case any kick off - then you don't have to hold a seance to talk!), so I add an s to the Friend part!

YAY! :clap: :heart:

Jessica, if you can forgive me for my recent faux pas, can I be your new BFF?

Nance I hope you are ok from that quake! :eek:

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:44 PM
HEY SID...speaking of creativity with dental floss, i had a pretty good moment myself recently. My friend and I took the kids out, and they got balloons...with no strings. I happen to carry floss in my leopard print purse :D, (it is mint) and I used the floss to make the balloon strings. :D

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
jessica, george is good with those cp's but man he really did a fine job on your portrait!

Yeah he did, I am really blown away.

sidbledsoe
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
hey we are both macgiver's with our dental flosses now!

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah! BFFs think alike or something like that!

!becca
11-08-2011, 12:54 PM
I happen to carry floss in my leopard print purse I have floss in my purse too.:D My purse in not leopard print however.

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I have floss in my purse too.

My purse in not leopard print however.

You need a leopard print purse.

sidbledsoe
11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
You need a leopard print purse.

in kansas?:confused: :eek:

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Yes.

!becca
11-08-2011, 01:14 PM
in kansas?:confused: :eek:Of course...we could call it bobcat here.:D

!becca
11-08-2011, 01:15 PM
How frustrating...until today I have been able to get first class postage pricing online...now it has disappeared, only options are express and priority..:confused:

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I like zebra prints on my accessories; I'm with Carey!:D

They close school for election day here so that the people who need to vote in the school, like me, are not disturbing or distracting kids in classrooms. And some voters shouldn't be allowed around kids anyway!:eek:

I vote in order to keep bad things from happening! I'm a news junkie. I caught that virus from my folks when I was young, so voting is the only control this control freak gets to exercise!

I wish I could vote that Jessica doesn't have her morning organization disorganized. Jess, maybe you could get the vet to give Relaxicat a cat tranquilizer?

:clap:Yay for dental floss and its many creative uses! I wonder if the kids holding the balloons keep sniffing their hands for the minty flavor!

Becc, I need a whole boatload of your organizing! Actually, I just need to leave the computer and start policing this whole kitchen/studio area!

Back when I'm done!

!becca
11-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Nancy, I always vote too..and that is a story in itself...but not here. Guess there are no polls in schools here that I can think of.
My organizing efforts have had mixed results..next I think I need to find winter clothes to wear tomorrow. i have a day of errands and it will be brisk.
Good luck with your kitchen...show us a pic when you are through.

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Nance, I am hoping Relaxicat doesn't need any more meds. I don't mind her being hyper as long as I know WHY she is acting that way.

I guess that makes her a pretty bad Relaxicat, kinda defeats the whole Relaxicat image... :D

!becca
11-08-2011, 01:30 PM
I saw a cute face painting idea for a zebra costume for halloween...clever.

!becca
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
I am hoping Relaxicat doesn't need any more medsI can understand that...what a cat nurse you are becoming. Not only that..poor kitty!

CareyG
11-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Why isn't tiger print very popular?

CareyG
11-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Becca, I really like your blog post about the swaps. :D It is exciting seeing it all there.

ArtyRolina
11-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Oh dear, Jessica - what a time you are having of things! Has Relaxicat's appetite picked up yet?

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Rols, I got her to eat enough that I felt comfortable giving insulin last night and this morning. I forgot my phone and stopped back home, saw she had peed, so I got a pretty reliable test, which was a good number. So I am hoping for the best.

!becca
11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Becca, I really like your blog post about the swaps. :D It is exciting seeing it all there.Thank you, it was so much fun I had to document it some way. Tina also has a lovely posting in hers.:)

Don't know about the tiger stripe clothes, but for some reason i think I have noticed it at some time.

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Also, I accidentally stuck myself with the needle last night. :eek:

!becca
11-08-2011, 02:01 PM
My husband just bought two welders online..his tool and equipment collection makes my art supplies look small.

!becca
11-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Also, I accidentally stuck myself with the needle last night. :eek::eek: be careful!

ArtyRolina
11-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Hey Swapsters, can I ask a favour? I forgot to photograph the swaps I sent out and I wonder if you could each send me the photos you took of mine, for my own records?

I will PM each of you with my email addy!

Thanks so much - I am turning into some idiot forgetful ninny lately :(

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 02:16 PM
I am turning into some idiot forgetful ninny lately

sounds like me every day. :rolleyes:

CareyG
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM
:eek: Yikes Jessica, that isn't good!

Rolina, I did that last year. I was so annoyed with myself. :lol:

CareyG
11-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Bah. I took a bunch of cute pictures of Scarlett this morning and almost every single one of them is blurry! :(

CareyG
11-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Look at what my sweet neighbor made for Scarlett...this must have been a lot of work! Scarlett is set for bows for a long while now, I think. They are all so pretty and very creative and well-done.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2011/32203-11-08-11-_0125_sm.jpg

NancyMP
Nance, I am hoping Relaxicat doesn't need any more meds. I don't mind her being hyper as long as I know WHY she is acting that way.

I guess that makes her a pretty bad Relaxicat, kinda defeats the whole Relaxicat image... :D

Are you going to give her a new nickname, like Frazzlecat?:lol:

sidbledsoe
every single one of them is blurry!
let gavin take the pics next time!

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Why isn't tiger print very popular?

Because it looks like zebra print!:)

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Frazzlecat

:D That should be my nickname... :lol:

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Nancy, I always vote too..and that is a story in itself...but not here. Guess there are no polls in schools here that I can think of.
My organizing efforts have had mixed results..next I think I need to find winter clothes to wear tomorrow. i have a day of errands and it will be brisk.
Good luck with your kitchen...show us a pic when you are through.

I'm not through...a lot of it is business that needs attention and I have to pause and take care of it before I go on to the next thing. I will not show you a pic of my kitchen! It's a mess even when it's "clean!" I'm still working on it today, but all the pauses are time-consuming. Now a pause for a late lunch...:D

stapeliad
11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
nance don't forget to pause for afternoon tea. :thumbsup:

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey Swapsters, can I ask a favour? I forgot to photograph the swaps I sent out and I wonder if you could each send me the photos you took of mine, for my own records?

Welcome to the IFN Club, Rolina! I'm in it, too! I'll take a better pic of it later; the one I took with all the swaps isn't that effective.:o

CareyG
11-08-2011, 02:41 PM
let gavin take the pics next time!
:lol: :lol:

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 02:45 PM
I could never eat if I kept up with you all!

Jess, I want to savor that yummy tea at least once a day, and buy some of whatever tea Carey finds to replace it!

sidbledsoe
11-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Rolls, why email instead of just a PM?

!becca
11-08-2011, 03:04 PM
nance don't forget to pause for afternoon tea. :thumbsup:I am having mine right now..i had clean pans so I used the teaball..it is better that way.:wink2:

!becca
11-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Carey, your neighbor was very sweet to make all those bows for Scarlette...:heart:

ArtyRolina
11-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Oh, LOL, Sid - I didn't know we could send pictures in PMs until just this minute when Carey sent one - duh!

Yeah, PMs would be fine - thank you all so much.

(off to hide my stoopid head in a corner...)

ArtyRolina
11-08-2011, 03:19 PM
I still don't feel very well today, it has been a bit of a struggle at work. I am so tired after not sleeping properly. If I don't sleep better tonight I shall take tomorrow off, I am way too bad-tempered to be allowed to mix with fellow human beings at the moment!

ArtyRolina
11-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh, I have some good news - I have a new lodger moving in at the end of the month and she is a nice young girl! I am so happy!

CareyG
11-08-2011, 03:27 PM
With email we could send larger files...though for cute little itty bitty artwork I don't guess that matters much. :p

CareyG
11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Yay for the good news, Rolina, I hope that works out well.

NancyMP
11-08-2011, 03:29 PM
If you need a pic you will have to settle for my tasty omelette with all my favorite veggies in it; sauteed onion and green pepper, chopped tomato -- then after I fold it, it gets freshly shredded cheddar and a touch of salsa! It's a bit blurry because I was in a hurry to scarf it down!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2011/203830-Omelette.jpg

ArtyRolina
11-08-2011, 03:31 PM
That looks very nommy, Nancy!

ArtyRolina
11-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks, Carey, yes, smallish file sizes would be fine.

!becca
11-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Rolina, good luck with the new lodger!:) I don't know if I could adjust.

Nancy, nice looking omlet!:thumbsup: