PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Bulking medium need help please

Gabrielgbr
10-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi there,
My name is Gabriel and I'm new to this site, and I'm really really hoping you guys might be able to answer a question I've been trying to get to the bottom of for quite some time now......

Just to give some perspective to my query...

My background is in screenprinting, where I was originally a textile designer for many years, though I did do a formal Art degree prior to that..

Whilst designing for large UK textile companies, I maintained my painting at home just using brushes and rollers, but as time has gone on, I have really wanted to create my work using squeegees, brayers and trowels, and as such will need to use a vibrant but quite bulked medium. I was wondering if anyone could suggest anything I could use to either 'bulk' acrylic so its possible to apply almost like textile dye with some kind of carrier as i will need to apply it over large areas of canvas, (and will need to be almost pouring it over the canvas in large amounts, which I will then squeegee off) some of which will be masked off with tape or paper shapes, but with control over transparency and viscosity.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be incredibly grateful!
Thanks in advance,
G

Einion
11-01-2011, 10:11 AM
There are a wide range of acrylic mediums and additives available and I'm sure one or more of them should allow you do do what you're aiming for. Not sure where you're based but Liquitex (http://www.liquitex.com/Mediums/) and Golden (http://www.goldenpaints.com/products/medsadds/index.php) both have wide selections to pick from.

If you find something that seems like it might do the trick there may be threads here on WC that mention the product, if you'd like to check for individual experiences using it/them.

Einion

Gabrielgbr
11-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi Einion,
The Liquitex products look perfect, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!
Kind Regards,
Gabriel