PDA

View Full Version : Global Blending

autolisp
10-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Hello everyone.
Some time ago I was interested in trying this idea out. At that time it was not very successful! For those that are not familiar with this name it term was used to describe acrylic paint that had been modified to behave like oil paints (longer open time for blending etc) the water in the acrylic was replaced with 'extender'. I recently got 'curious' about it again. I have emailed the contact addresses supplied but have not received any replies to me questions. Does anyone know if they are still in existence? Have you tried the method and had any success?

autolisp

Charlie's Mum
10-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Don't know about this particular one but Golden make 'Golden Open' paints and Chroma make Atelier Interactives, both kinds have a much longer open period for blending/working.

CallMeCordelia
10-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi. I've not tried this, myself, but my son put some gel medium from Dick Blick on his Christmas List. He wants his acrylics to behave like oils. (I plan to try some of his, when Santa brings it!:) ) This is supposed to both add more body and extend drying time. If you don't want more body, but just more time, there is a medium for that, too. DB has lots of mediums, so you may find what you want there and if you have questions, you can e-mail their product info dept. I have found that they are quick to respond and very helpful/knowledgeable.

:) Noelle

autolisp
10-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Thank you both for your responses. I actually understand about acrylics etc. I just want to know if the said company are still trading.

autolisp