PDA

View Full Version : Fishes in Oil

marilyn h
03-16-2003, 03:40 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2003/4759-Oil_Pastel.jpg

Playing with oil pastel!

Dark_Shades
03-16-2003, 03:52 PM
When you made your comment on my work today..... I thought Ohhh this is the lady who does those wonderful sea creature paintings...... so I was so pleased to find this posting of yours.... they are always such a delight to see
... you have such a wonderful distinctive style.... great imagination and colour

.... wonderful

E-J
03-16-2003, 04:08 PM
I see you've left out one of the seahorses from your original coloured pencil version. I really liked him but this one works very well as a composition. This is so sweet ~ they've got real personality!

Mikki Petersen
03-16-2003, 04:58 PM
I'm new to your work. What great style! Such a happy work.

sundiver
03-16-2003, 05:17 PM
I was picturing sardines when I read your title! :D
This is a lovely pastel- a lot faster to do than cp i imagine.
What kind of oil pastels do you use?

JohnnyRed
03-16-2003, 06:10 PM
What a happy and fun picture!

I can imagine this as a mural in a childs bedroom or nursery!

What more can be said? It's whacky, it's fun and gorgeous!

marilyn h
03-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Thank you for looking. This is my otherside! I just had some old oil pastels around and thought I would work on this to see how I like them. These are rather hard. I don't know enough about them to really say that it is a medium I would enjoy working with, but it is worth a try. My little creatures seem to like it, though. Yes it is faster than pencil. Thanks again!!!!

Taminka
03-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Just checked out your website Marilyn - just love your magic underwater world :)

Cheers
Minky

meowmeow
03-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Those are wonderful! I love the colors you used...and the composition is great!

Sandy

Redsy333
03-16-2003, 07:21 PM
OH MH I love your play on colors and composition!!
I love to see your smashing style and great pics here on the pastels side of the moon:D:D:D
Hope you work a few more;)

Mikki Petersen
03-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by marilyn h
Thank you for looking. This is my otherside! I just had some old oil pastels around and thought I would work on this to see how I like them. These are rather hard. I don't know enough about them to really say that it is a medium I would enjoy working with, but it is worth a try. My little creatures seem to like it, though. Yes it is faster than pencil. Thanks again!!!!

I dragged out an old set of oil pastels (cheap student grade Craypas) a while back and was quite disgusted with them and wrote about it on WC. Had many responses that I should try some good ones before writing them off. So I bought a set of Sennenliers and they are luscious! Rich, creamy and vibrant and I love them. Don't quit on the oil pastels until you try some decent quality. If you like colored pencil, the oil pastel is a lot of similar technique with faster results.

Smudger
03-17-2003, 03:27 AM
graet style and sense of humour... love it!:clap:

BTDogMom
03-17-2003, 10:28 AM
Wonderful!!!! I am loving your fishes (the one in CP was awesome too) I love your colors!:clap: :clap: