View Full Version : Canvas: Difference between Cotton Duct & Cotton Duck

10-19-2011, 04:40 AM
Can someone please explain to me what the differences are.

I've looked over the web and can't find any info about the differences.

Thank you


10-19-2011, 08:58 AM
I've never heard of cotton duct that I can recall, probably just a typo (i.e. it is cotton duck).


10-19-2011, 11:12 AM
I've never heard of cotton duct that I can recall, probably just a typo (i.e. it is cotton duck).


I did wonder that, but the T and L are quite far from each other on the keyboard. I've seen "duct" a few times.

It probably is a miss-spelling or they've misheard it.

Thank you

10-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Looks like a misspelling to me. Most misspelling aren't from the keyboard anymore, but overzealous spell-checks that automatically change it.


Charlie's Mum
10-19-2011, 01:40 PM
I too thisnk it's a mis-spelling ..... as in speech, people sometimes get their words wrong ..... I've heard, and seen, duct-tape and duck-tape, then instead of than, and much more ...... it's only a aproblem if, as in the question you pose, people are not familiar with what it should be!:)

10-19-2011, 02:40 PM
..... I've heard, and seen, duct-tape and duck-tape...
Well there are both of those, and Duck manufacture a type of duct tape to add to the confusion :D

BTW, my favourite examples of "I think I know the word I'm using" are mute instead of moot and click for clique.


Charlie's Mum
10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Einion - thank you! .... didn't know there really was a duck tape - or duck-tape ;) :D

10-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Duct tape is correct , it was designed for use to seal ducting seams for ACHC. however, there is a company that makes similar tape and labels it "duck" tape.

10-20-2011, 03:46 AM
I would only use it to cover a quack!!!!
Cheers, Ian.....

10-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Duck Tape for anyone that's never seen it:

Which as you can see is just a version of...



Charlie's Mum
10-20-2011, 11:38 AM
... and lookit all those colours too! :lol: Purty:D

Seems as versatile as WD40 - but that's another topic :D