PDA

View Full Version : my take on Bierstadt's yosimite vally

ronart
10-18-2011, 07:19 PM
my favorite landscaper,
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii123/roncarol205/art%20work/IMG_9983.jpg

Wassie
10-19-2011, 04:33 AM
Oh my! This is gorgeous! I keep coming back to look at it.

LGHumphrey
10-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Really lovely, with beautiful illumination.

Cieljaune
12-04-2011, 07:54 AM
When I saw the subject "Bierstadt Yosemite" I thought yeah, yeah, no way ...

This is a wonderful interpretation of that giant glowing landscape!

I'm dying to know what size it is.

-- Ciel

ronart
12-05-2011, 03:10 PM
When I saw the subject "Bierstadt Yosemite" I thought yeah, yeah, no way ...

This is a wonderful interpretation of that giant glowing landscape!

I'm dying to know what size it is.

-- Ciel

thank you so much, the size is 24" by 30"
the original painting by Bierstadt is hanging in the birmingham art museum here in Alabama, I will never forget the first time I saw it, the size on the original is approx 5 feet buy 8 feet.

Ronnie

Artifex
12-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Very wonderful painting I like the harmony of cool and warm colors and the glow of light at the background. Great art work!

kittierue
12-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Ronnie, Please forgive my ignorance. I'm a NOOB in this world. When you copy a master, what do you do with your painting? I've been looking at copying some of my heroes, but unsure what the proper protocol is. By the way, I love the edgework in this painting. Just wonderful.

Dana Design
12-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Please see the copyright information at the bottom of this post. It will answer your questions.

babysmama
12-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Beautiful! I hope you are thrilled!!

ronart
01-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Ronnie, Please forgive my ignorance. I'm a NOOB in this world. When you copy a master, what do you do with your painting? I've been looking at copying some of my heroes, but unsure what the proper protocol is. By the way, I love the edgework in this painting. Just wonderful.

thank you for the comments , I have done a few paintings from the masters, which I either keep or give to family members. if I simply use theIdea and change it enough I will sell them, Im not sure if you could sell a copy like this one, it may be considered public domain, I just dont take the chance, I wish I knew because I get offers for them quiet often.

Ronnie

horsthh
02-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I hope Ronart its O.K. to post my copy of this painting on your page, I did this painting about 10 years ago, Albert Bierstadt is and was my favorite Master.
Sorry about the red in the foreground of the photo, the painting has raw sienna, my camera seems like a reddish cast.

horsthh
02-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I hope Ronart its O.K. to post my copy of this painting on your page, I did this painting about 10 years ago, Albert Bierstadt is and was my favorite Master.
Sorry about the red in the foreground of the photo, the painting has raw sienna, my camera seems to add a reddish cast.

ronart
02-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Sorry about the red in the foreground of the photo, the painting has raw sienna, my camera seems to add a reddish cast.

of course its ok. this is a beautiful painting. I always have trouble with getting correct color in my photos. yes he was a master ,Im always awed by his work

Ronnie