PDA

View Full Version : ISSA Launched!!! Join Now!

lorna12
10-16-2011, 03:26 PM
It's been a long time coming but I am delighted to tell you all, that ISSA is officially launched and is now accepting members at www.scratchboardsociety.com Everything you need to know to join is there! There's a spot for everyone from beginner on up.

PaintDog
10-17-2011, 03:07 AM
Cool!

Something I noticed on the Active guidelines info (http://www.scratchboardsociety.com/uploads/7/0/7/1/7071626/issa_active_guidelines.pdf) is that the PayPal address wasn't put in. Under PayPal instructions, line 3, it has (put in our paypal account here) instead of the actual pay to e-mail.

lorna12
10-17-2011, 03:48 AM
Thanks Ann. That's one we didn't catch.

Crias
10-17-2011, 08:34 AM
And some of you might be asking... why join now, at the end of the year, but just so you know if you join now your dues will also carry you through 2012! So you will get two free months!!

You might also be asking: What are some of the benefits of belonging to ISSA?
The goals of ISSA are to promote interest and excellence in Scratchboard Art by providing international exhibitions opportunities and creating teaching and learning opportunity for individual artists. ISSA hopes to connect artists with others working in the same medium as well. ISSA also provides materials for artists to hand out to help educate the public about scratchboard.

Additional benefits for all levels of members include:
- Connect with a community of other artists working in Scratchboard Art.
- Exposure for members on ISSA's web site
- Receiving e-mail newsletters which will be published quarterly
- Receiving invitations to annual show openings, workshops, and various other society functions
- The ability to hold office and vote on society matters
- Discounted entry fee for the 2012 annual international exhibition and workshops.

RSchafe
10-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks to all those who have labored behind the scenes to get this off the floor. Very much appreciated!! :clap: :clap: I have a feeling this will do wondrous things for scratchboard.

Rich

Celticelf
10-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Looking at application and noted website url was red starred. I don't have one. Is this a required field?

sandrawillard
10-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Hi Terri,

That appears to be an oversight as a website should not be a requirement. I will make sure that it gets corrected. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! :D

sandrawillard
10-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Thought the website thingy was fixed but not quite yet. Should have an update for you soon.

Garbonzo
10-22-2011, 10:28 AM
How much will the entry fee be for the initial ISSA show in 2012? Will the entry fees be consistent for all the annual shows or will they vary depending on the venue? Just curious.

Celticelf
10-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Sent in application today but goofed on the PayPal. Sheba put it through and it went in her name (Bobbie Mote) without the note that it was for my membership. Help.

sandrawillard
10-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Sent in application today but goofed on the PayPal. Sheba put it through and it went in her name (Bobbie Mote) without the note that it was for my membership. Help.

Terri, I'll let them know (if they haven't already seen this) and I guessed by your application that you've seen that the website field is no longer required. ;)

I'll leave the entry fee question for Cathy to answer. :D

SueR
10-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi all,
If anyone has problems with the web site, or applications could you send an email to [email protected] and I can address it right away.
Thanks
Sue

SueR
10-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Terri, I sent a PM to you about your payment & application.

Diane Cutter
10-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi, Lorna... I am very excited about this and am only dragging my feet on getting the images together. That's my goal for tomorrow (and not spelled 'manana' because I'm not putting it off another day). Thanks for the reminder through my website... :thumbsup:

Diane

PaintDog
10-27-2011, 01:13 AM
I posted info about ISSA in the forum of the Guild of Natural Science Illustrators (GNSI.org). Quite a few GNSI artists work in scratchboard. Hope some of them find their way to ISSA.

If there's an official press release about joining, please let me know and I'll send it along to the appropriate parties at GNSI.

PaintDog
10-28-2011, 03:22 AM
YAY!! ISSA is listed on the GNSI web site: http://gnsi.org/resources/training/international-society-scratchboard-artists

MJGresko
10-28-2011, 07:46 PM
At some point will someone keep us updated on how many members we have so far?

MJGresko
10-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Never mind I answered my own question while exploring the ISSA site.

PaintDog
11-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Our numbers continue to grow - I love it!

NancyPH
05-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Well, I finally got my application sent in! Probably the worst time ever to do it with the convention in just a few days, but I'm just thrilled I finally got it done. I looked carefully about image size and all it said was the longest side was to be no more than 1000 px, which is no problem. Some of mine, which are already in a new home, have the longest side as 500 px. But you can see them really well, so they should be okay.