PDA

View Full Version : Three paintings:1.Confused face, 2.African Sunset, 3.Crying Blood

mdagis
10-06-2011, 05:48 AM
Dimensions: 50cm x 60cm

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2011/977828-9p1_Medium.jpg

mdagis
10-06-2011, 06:06 AM
Dimensions: 50cm x 70cm
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2011/977828-AfricaSunsetS.jpg

mdagis
10-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Dimensions: 60cm x 60cm
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2011/977828-8p1_Medium.jpg

Charlie's Mum
10-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Interesting and expressive paintings -
#1 -I'm sure we all feel like this at times!:lol:

#3 seems very sad! ..... imprisoned? ... barred?

mdagis
10-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Thank you Maureen for your comments. I will try to say some things about the works.

1) For the first painting the idea was to create a cartoonish figure (I am not yet confident with realism) that seems confused/sad but in a funny way . It would be an expression of "Who eat my hamburger?" :P . The electronic chips on his head would reveal that the character is confused by having all of this new technology on his head.

2) The second painting is a rough representation of a scene that I saw in a documentary for wild life. I know that looks very simple and minimalistic but that was the image I saw and when it finished I felt confident.

3) The third painting represents the prison that most of us live every day at work. You want to be out but you need to stay inside and work in order to make money to cover your needs. Your needs imprison you inside your work's building. You look outside the window and see how the real life it should be - free. You cry blood from the wound of your soul. The smoke in the chimney shows that the work continues .

chammi kaiser
10-07-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the explanations of the three paintings. I find them very innovative (particularly the 1st and last). Interesting indeed. I am sure many folk will identify with the third painting. I took a look at your work on the net and found it very good indeed. Some lovely textures and colours.

Charlie's Mum
10-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the additional info - it does help the viewer particularly when we're unfamiliar with your level of work (you=any new member!).
Sometimes it's difficult to know whether is deliberately exaggerated/distorted/etc or because of inexperience.
We don't judge but we do like to offer help and advice if the member would like it :)
For instance - #2 of the sunset ..... there's some lovely paintwork in that and colour blending but the composition is very symmetrical, which tends towards a domino-effect ..... and the low light would colour the undersides of the clouds etc ....... just a couple of thoughts because you say you're not confident with realism yet, and the paintings leads towards realism :)
But the low horizon and expanse of sky do give drama to the scene - there's really some nice work here.

I do like the quote you added from Steve Jobs - such a visionary - sad day yesterday.

lathadamle
10-08-2011, 02:36 AM
Nice paintings that emote human moods, esp after good explanation. :)