PDA

View Full Version : Ohio leaves

PainterDeb
10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
These were so fun to paint! :)

This morning I went for a walk, gathered an assortment of leaves, and came home and made leaf prints. You just paint the back of the leaves with acrylic paint, press them firmly onto the paper, and then paint the background however you want. I kind of like the way these turned out, I think I will mat and frame them...what do you think?

inmystudio
10-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Fresh and happy :)

Haptopaint
10-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Deb, Fall is one of my favorite seasons and I just love your paintings. I think that is a great idea using the leaves like a stamp, I think it turned out beautiful. I would definitely frame them. :)

OkeeKat
10-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Love these Deb!!
what a great idea, love the array of colors!!
:)

pastelmimigt
10-03-2011, 12:33 AM
These are beautiful. I love the colors. And the areas you left white give some wonderful value contrasts to the paintings.

Michele

call
10-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Beautiful. Love the colors! Very creative.

purplepansey
10-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Deb, those are fantastic, I think they turned out lovely. They look like place mats and think they'd make very pretty ones too. No end of colors you could make with those leaves too.

Ms Nan
10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Beautiful and creative!

WYSIWYG
10-03-2011, 06:49 PM
I could see a trio or quad of these making up some lovely seasonal decor. :)

PainterDeb
10-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Deborah, Haptopaint, Kathie, Michele, call, Purple, Ms Nan, Amanda, Thanks so much for all of your comments!

I did make 4 of these paintings, but I only liked two of them. I think I'll experiment some more, now that I know what works and what doesn't work. Plus next time I want to add some oak leaves.

I think this would be a fun project to do with your children or grandchildren! :)

chammi kaiser
10-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Beautiful Deb. I just love Autumn leaves and their myriad of colours. It is a great project to do with students - no end to the possibilities. I did a project with my students last year where we printed (like yours) and also used leaves in collage. It was wonderful. Love the deep purply shades - so much part of the Autumn colours.