PDA

View Full Version : Any pastel painters/lurkers South of Boston who want to play?>

bnoonan
09-30-2011, 05:33 PM
:wave: Hi there,
I'm visiting my family in Massachusetts and missing the dust. Anyone out there want to play and share pastels with me? My time is limited but my spirit immense and I have the wallis paper... just need to borrow some sticks.

Barb:wink2:

Judibelle
09-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Jeez, Barbara, I would...but I'm all the way at the other end of the state!
Wanna come to the Berkshires???

bluefish
09-30-2011, 06:13 PM
How about 'Ed'.....he's in Conn.

I guess you may as well pastel.....the Red Sox are out of it......:lol:

just kidding you Barb.......but I love the Yankees....:lol: :wave:

Barb.....Judibelle lives up there also....maybe she would have a few extra sticks for you......:thumbsup:

allydoodle
09-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Hey Barb, I'm south of Boston, just a bit way more south than you need though....... how does Long Island sound to you :lol: ? Too far, huh? Darn it, I was so looking forward to painting with you...........:crying: That would have been so much fun!

Seriously, I wish you were closer, I would jump at it in a heartbeat! :heart: There's nothing like painting with a fellow pastelist, and it would be great fun to paint with you!

bnoonan
09-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Oh how nice to hear from all of you. Can't drive out to the berkshires yet but I'd love to later next week. How's the foliage?

Chris you are too funny. I have one lead through pat Isaac so maybe we will connect. I love WC. Barb

Turpintine45
09-30-2011, 08:54 PM
What a good idea to put out an anyone want to play request. Maybe we can start something up and down the country. I' m popping over the pond in a couple of weeks. Cotswolds and Southwold!!

Judibelle
10-01-2011, 09:19 AM
No color here yet, Barb, but it's been too warm so far. And WET!
But by next week we may have some color. Very disappointing so far.
Would love to get together with you, for sure!

sketchZ1ol
10-02-2011, 02:33 AM
hello
hi Barb !
i'm in Ct, yes, but even more driving than to Judi .
the Berkshires are lovely, and a straight drive on the Mass. Tpyk.
Norman Rockwell museum is along the way .
be sure to have spare batteries, memory card for the camera :)

the Pastel Painter's Society of Cape Cod has just opened
their national juried show .
they have a website and a facebook page .

in Lyme, Ct, next to Rhode Island, there is the Florence Griswald museum
and an arts academy of note .
the ferry to Long Island may still be running .
- nice day trip .
no end of other attractions in the Boston area .

Ed :}

bnoonan
10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Thank you dear friends who offered your pastels and time.... as you can see, I'm slow to be re-posting and it ended up being a trip about family and not pastels or painting!

Judi - I bet you are in the midst of lovely color now - have fun!

Blue - very generous of you to offer the links....

Jen - have a fabulous trip in the US and I hope you get to see and do a lot!

Chris - LI wasn't going to work - so close but still so far....

Ed, You are amazing with options. Wish I read them earlier. I got a note from my brother that I had missed the Cape cod Pastel show... dang it.

It was good to be with family and when I finally arrived in Maine to be reunited with my pastels... my interest and skills had paled.

Oh well... Note to self.... once again... take pictures and take pastels when I travel.... or link up ahead of time!

Cheers to all!!! Barb
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2011/13264-maine.jpg

barriespapa
10-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi Barb Didn't know you were in maine you are probably the nearest to me od the regulars that are on here, although I bet there are a few lurkers closer. I usually get down to maine for a trip each spring just love the maine coast unfortunately i have no experience in plein aire. lol not much experience in painting period .
david

bnoonan
10-19-2011, 01:12 AM
HI David, I live in Seattle and was only there for vacation. Barb

robertsloan2
10-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Barb, I'm on the other coast but wow, I love that photo. That's gorgeous!

bnoonan
10-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks Robert - yes -we are on the left coast again these days.... I miss SF and loved living there for the 5 years I was able.

The photo may appear in a painting... I haven't decided yet... Glad you like it.

b