PDA

View Full Version : Bigger paper?

equinespirit
09-28-2011, 04:02 AM
Hi,
Im wanting to do a big painting but my favourite paper ( Fisher 400 sanded) only seems to come in 20" by 30" sheets :(
Does anybody know what else there is available which may be comparable but comes really big please? Preferably in the UK.

Thanks in advance

pointy
09-28-2011, 06:17 AM
hi there, art spectrum makes sanded paper in 100cm x 70cm in a limited range of colours including white, dont know if you can get it in the UK but check the web site (i am in Oz):wave:

the drover's dog
09-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi Pointy. Welcome to Wet Canvas and the pastel circles specifically. Just shout if you need help finding your way around. It's a huge site.

Dale

pointy
09-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi Dale and thanks, might even pluck up enuf courage to post artwork too...maybe:rolleyes:

Turpintine45
09-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Welcome pointy. Go ahead and post everyone is friendly and encouraging here so don't be afraid!

What size are you wanting to go? I think some papers are sold by the roll but I don't know how big that goes. Check out Dick Blick and Jerry's.
Framing can be a problem with very big paintings. Good luck!

equinespirit
09-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the replies . I managed to get hold of Tim Fisher and they can supply it off the roll, any length and 70cm wide ! Yaay!

Ericak77
09-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Hi Sarah,

I just read it and I was going to tell you that.
Little late I am! lol

Glad you got it.

barriespapa
09-29-2011, 10:14 AM
:wave: Oh My Sarah you are going to use up all those lovely giraults really fast you naughty Girl:wink2:

the drover's dog
09-29-2011, 10:42 AM
I have just acquired a huge, beautiful plainish walnut frame for free, and now need to paint something to fit it. Haven't measured it yet, but had trouble fitting it into the boot (trunk) of my largish Ford car with the back seats laid flat. Boot can extend right through into the car when the seats are down.) It really is a biggun. Must be about 48" wide. I think I'll have to use Colourfix Primer on a thin board to get a painting surface big enough. Then I'll have to worry about finding Plexi glass to fit the frame or risk death by crushing. Then again I just might sit and look at this gorgeous frame for a couple of years while I cogitate the problems of working so large. :D

Have you considered the logistics of framing such a big pastel painting? Could get very expensive.

Dale

equinespirit
09-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks Erica,

David :lol: :lol: Its worse that that, Ive started using a lot of pencil now too and just used two whole ones on one A3 piece :eek: :eek:

Dale that sounds gorgeous :heart: send it to me please :D

barriespapa
09-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks Erica,

David :lol: :lol: Its worse that that, Ive started using a lot of pencil now too and just used two whole ones on one A3 piece :eek: :eek:

Dale that sounds gorgeous :heart: send it to me please :D
Sarah You are a riot:lol: :lol: :lol:

equinespirit
09-29-2011, 02:29 PM
:d

Colorix
09-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the replies . I managed to get hold of Tim Fisher and they can supply it off the roll, any length and 70cm wide ! Yaay!

That's great to know! Thanks!