PDA

View Full Version : certain 60's women.. work(s) in progress (oh & big hair!) updated/finished!

kevinwueste
09-27-2011, 03:10 AM
I have just begun a series of a small group of 60's (English women).. this is in OH Acrylics on matt medium prepped craft paper in my sketchbook.. 8 x 11"

about 5 hours or 6 at this point.. sorry some glare i will fix when I update..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Sep-2011/164138-60s_agents_the_beeb.jpg

idylbrush
09-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Quite wonderful IMHO.

Haptopaint
09-27-2011, 03:05 PM
I like the facial expression -- detail -- and the way you did the background. Actually it is all quite wonderful-- beautiful.

OkeeKat
09-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I Love this Kevin, you have such a way with portraits!!
Excellent!!

lovin art
09-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Stop using Acrylics , its plastic paint~opps:D and I know your work is to beautiful not to be painted in oils .... ok ok ' you know I love what ever you paint or draw dude, either way...oh and thats not a critique , thats just how I see your work as an artist I dig and admire .....

you have to include Doris Day she was very beautiful and such a Icon of the swinging 60s ...:crossfingers:

luicre
09-27-2011, 10:15 PM
I missed this one.

Kevin what a beautiful work!

You must have such a great control when painting small and using your tiny brushes....

Who is she? May I ask?
Love it!

Saludos

Luicre

barsha
09-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Kevin, I can't say much about your paintings. Good, too good, liked it.....all these words do not makes sense when it comes to your work. They are reaching a great height what I can feel. Good going heyy, waiting to see as you will reach the peak :D

*Violet*
09-28-2011, 02:19 AM
makes me think of norman rockwell ... nicely done !!

RHStanley
09-28-2011, 03:05 AM
I like the concept a lot. You could easily fill a couple of sketchbooks on just this topic, I'd think! And, of course your execution is spot on.

Great job, Kevin. I can't wait to see additional images.

ladypainter
09-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Lovely work. something about her makes me thing of Georgie Girl :) Will make for a really nice series.

wingedbear
09-28-2011, 11:10 AM
you started your series with tara king? i would have thought you would have started with emma peel..... i like the style, the brushstrokes and the colors, they also add to a feeling of the 60s; great job! ;)

kevinwueste
09-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts! Wingedbear! You are right on! Tara K, /Linda Thorsen, I of course stand humble to your thought on Mrs Peel! I am a huge fan of the Avengers and ... Well.. We'll see who comes next!

Kevin

Andrew
09-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts! Wingedbear! You are right on! Tara K, /Linda Thorsen, I of course stand humble to your thought on Mrs Peel! I am a huge fan of the Avengers and ... Well.. We'll see who comes next!

Kevin

Another Avengers fan! I new there was a reason (besides your figurative works) why I like you.

Linda Thorson is lovely, but (Dame) Diana Rigg was a force to be reckoned with, especially in the leather catsuit. :evil:

Is this the Daler Rowney Cachet Earthbound sketchbook?

On your next foray into the lovey 60's ladies, how about a step-by-stepper for those of us that live vicariously through your work?

Andrew

Wassie
09-28-2011, 04:02 PM
I like your portrait and the background which I always have so much trouble painting.

kevinwueste
09-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Another Avengers fan! I new there was a reason (besides your figurative works) why I like you.

Linda Thorson is lovely, but (Dame) Diana Rigg was a force to be reckoned with, especially in the leather catsuit. :evil:

Is this the Daler Rowney Cachet Earthbound sketchbook?

On your next foray into the lovey 60's ladies, how about a step-by-stepper for those of us that live vicariously through your work?

Andrew

Hiya Andrew - yes love them!! This is a Utrecht branded craft paper sb # 42265.. I think it's craft paper-- a nice light red brown like shopping bags..

Ok next one I will take some process shots if I remember!

Kevin

kevinwueste
09-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi Wassie, yes I think BGs are an important thing unto themselves!

Kw

WYSIWYG
09-28-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm going to second Andrew's thought that a step by step would be fascinating! I'm a bit young to have watched the series, being a child of the 80's but I love the style!

wingedbear
09-29-2011, 01:48 PM

Kevin

if you're asking, i'd say julie newmar - catwoman. she's the PURR-fect 60s woman!

Andrew
09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
if you're asking, i'd say julie newmar - catwoman. she's the PURR-fect 60s woman!

Agreed. Julie too, could rock a catsuit. I was (still am) more of a Bridget Bardot, Sophia Loren and going into the 70's films Pam Grier kinda guy. Sticking to 60's British femme fatales there is Katy Manning, Ingrid Pitt, Susannah York, or Margaret Lee.

Andrew

kevinwueste
09-30-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2011/164138-linda_thorsen_final_wc_size.jpg

I have completed Tara ( see above) - softening edges, more adjustments to values and chroma.. - and am now a few hours into the next one. Who will she be ? The hint can only come from the first one! I have taken process shots and will post in a new thread soon.
@Amanda, I missed it as well but have watched them on various channels and dvd over the years - very camp but fun and well done! I am doing these mostly as a way to stress-release when I don't want to work on something that has pressure on it ( e.g., "important" oil painting).. but I do enjoy them.

@wingedbear - appreciate the suggestions!

@Andrew - I will check them all out!

Thanks again everyone for looking !

inmystudio
09-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Love it!

kevinwueste
10-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Thank you Deborah!

clementine
10-01-2011, 03:06 PM
well done Ken!!!great eyes and interesting background!you got very well the kind of vintage feel!
agnès 'clem'