PDA

View Full Version : Beach Encounter

Robwood
09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
I tried posting this about a week ago-- it was there for a couple hours, then poof, gone! Anyway here it is again, my granddaughter on the beach in Emerald Isle NC. I tried to lend a four-year-old's perspective to the breaking wave, but it ended up looking a little tsunami-like! This is 12X16" acrylic on paper. C&C welcome!

Rob

OkeeKat
09-23-2011, 12:44 PM
This is great!! Love the motion of the wave and bird, really does give you the feel of it moving. Great depth and colors.

Yes we lost alot of threads/posts from the weekend, WC had some problems with a backup.. there is a thread at the top of our forum page explaining.

chammi kaiser
09-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Rob. I think it works very well. Love the colours in those waves - also the transparency of the water over the shore. Well done.

inmystudio
09-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Beautiful colours. I think that's how big waves look when your four, well done!

Ms Nan
09-23-2011, 06:55 PM
I agree with Deborah that waves look huge to the little kids. I lived near Emerald Beach NC for many years, so thanks for bringing back memories of a great seacoast. Your painting is so beautiful and colorful.

Robwood
09-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Hi all, thanks for your kind comments!

Kathie- I tried to get lots of action in this, I'm glad that came through! Thanks for your comments!

Chammi- I think the transparent shallows following the surf break is my favorite part to try to paint! Thanks!

Deborah- yes, but that doesn't stop her from trying to swim in them, but only if someone holds her hand! Thanks!

Nan- as someone who lived in the EI area, I hope you noticed the green-blue water that we tend to get there on clear days! Thanks for your comments!

Rob:wave: