PDA

View Full Version : VIBRANTS are UP!!!

Lynndidj
09-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Well somebody got busy at Terry Ludwig because the new VIBRANTS are up on the website. Absolutely beautiful colors!!!

Enjoy!!!

Lynn

bluefish
09-21-2011, 08:16 PM
nice if you are really into 'pink'......every shade of pink imaginable.....'brownish pink' is there! :)

couldn't find any greens, not even 'pesto fuchsia'.....

oranges look real nice, especially with Halloween coming up......

nice price also......think I'll wait for the 'After Fall Sale'.......:thumbsup:

Tracy Lang
09-21-2011, 08:24 PM
They are absolutely gorgeous...and just perfect for what I've been doing lately! An early birthday present for myself perhaps...cuz I can't wait :)

Tracy

SherryC
09-21-2011, 09:34 PM
They are lovely. If I had not just bought some intense Giraults I would be tempted. BTW is TL still making the confetti pastels that he introduced a few years ago and has anyone ever tried them. I am intrigued by them but cannot get them to come up on the web site?

Lynndidj
09-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Sherry - there were some quality control issues with the confetti pastels. I wanted some too, but Terry doesn't make them any more. Aren't these colors gorgeous??!!!

Lynn

SherryC
09-21-2011, 10:59 PM
That is too bad. I liked the idea. Maybe they will work it out. Thanks

robertsloan2
09-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Too bad about the confetti pastels. I meant to try them sometime but if there are quality control issues, I guess they just didn't work out.

Got a look at the Vibrants. So cool that they've got so many bright clean cool pinks! I'm not sure if I'll get the set but I might pick out a few of them from open stock to augment the ones I have. They do look so lush and bright! I'm just not sure I'll do so many florals that I need that many different reds and pinks - or just grab the clean magenta range at first and see how I like them. I like the warm red in the Maggie Price Values set but getting the cold bright magenta in the full value range would be wonderful.

Orchid Lady
09-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Gorgeous colors but pretty steep price! Like Robert said, I don't think I'd do enough florals to justify buying the set.

Barbara WC
09-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I ordered a handmade color chart from Terry Ludwig's site on Sept. 1, and it arrived earlier this week...

And didn't realize it until this thread, that page #6 of the color chart includes the new Vibrants! Nice of them to add this one in before the set was even up on the site!

Lovely handmade color chart for the whole set, thick pastel strokes on UArt 800 grit, covered with glassine sheets. I think anyone who doesn't want to invest in the whole set of Ludwigs would benefit from this chart- nothing like seeing a color chart with actual pastel on it to help choose colors- none of the photos on the internet show the true colors of Ludwigs in my opinion- and naming isn't as intuitive as Unisons or Senneliers. I bought the chart directly at the Ludwig site.

Woo Hoo! Thanks Terry!

saramathewson
09-22-2011, 03:36 PM
The vibrant set is really tempting, all those pretty colors.

but I have been looking at the Southwest Canyon set for awhile and i might do that one. I have also been looking at the turquoise set but there is a good range of them in the SW Canyon set. I have some from the Maggie Price basic values set which IMHO is a wonderful starter set and my very first Ludwig set. I have the 90 greens set, the 60 intense darks, the greys the Maggie Price basic values, the lights. We shall see. I also saw that Mount Vision(Karl Kelly) is having a sale on his thunderstorm gray set. Another thing to ponder as I don't have that but do have many of the Mount Visions and the grays in the Ludwig set don't have the lightest values that I want. Even the lightest ones he has are sometimes too dark for what I want to do. I do use them a lot though.

These vibrants are gorgeous though. What do you bet there will be more women buying them than men?

Barbara, I am going to look into the handmade color chart. that is a really good idea. It will help me to see what I already have in some of the sets etc.

Sara

Barbara WC
09-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Sara- Ludwig also sells empty 30, 60 and 90 stick foam lined cardboard boxes- you could always pick up the color chart, and a couple of empty boxes and purchase what you think is missing from your current Ludwig collection to fill the empty boxes. I have the Maggie Price Values set, and want to keep to no more than about 120 Ludwig pastel sticks total, so I just ordered a couple of empty boxes and am going to fill them from open stock- the color chart is expensive, but probably saved me a lot of money because I know what exactly which sticks to order to fill up my empty box.

Edited to add: The vibrants are all lovely on the handmade color chart, and fill a gap in red and red-violet range that were missing in the Ludwig line for anyone that is interested to know ;)