PDA

View Full Version : alone again for night

clementine
09-19-2011, 08:09 AM
first thanks to all the people who have commented on my thread 'distinguished guests'sorry if I have not answered but this thread has disappeared..

here is another acrylics on paper dedicated to the abandoned,divorced,widowed persons who feel alone
here it’s a woman but my feelings are the same for men..

:wave: agnès 'clem'

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2011/61668-scan_2011-09-18_06_50.jpg

purplepansey
09-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Very emotional, she does look a bit down even in the bright look of the painting which to me gives hope for a brighter morrow.

OkeeKat
09-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Fabulous portrayal of being along again.. Shrl worded it perfectly.
Great work Agnes!!
:)

Charlie's Mum
09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Agnes - would you like to re-post the 'distinguished guests' thread - I'm afraid all threads and posts uploaded that day are lost - unless the tech-guys find a way to pluck them from the ether!

How sad this painting is - she's all made up with lipstick etc and no one to see her. :( Very emotional!

clementine
09-19-2011, 02:32 PM
thank you very much Purple!my choice of colors makes it less sad at first glance,hope it attracts the viewer for him to look longer..

thanks a lot Kathie!I appreciate!!!

thank you very much Maureen !as Coco Chanel said:if you are sad,if you have an unhappy love affair,put some lipstick and attack!!

agnès

purplepansey
09-19-2011, 03:16 PM
thank you very much Purple!my choice of colors makes it less sad at first glance,hope it attracts the viewer for him to look longer..

thanks a lot Kathie!I appreciate!!!

thank you very much Maureen !as Coco Chanel said:if you are sad,if you have an unhappy love affair,put some lipstick and attack!!

agnès

Did you see the movie about Coco starring Shirley McClain as the older Coco it was so good. Thanks for the quote by her and I hope your gal will attack! :lol: :thumbsup:

RPut
09-19-2011, 07:43 PM
I keep looking and looking at her, mesmerized. I just love your work.

WYSIWYG
09-19-2011, 08:31 PM
The more I see your work the more and more I like it! There is so much story in it and an astonishing depth!

roy-p
09-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Wow, that's a deep and somber theme. Alone and lonely are apparently similar, but I wonder if that indeed is the case. Perhaps we needn't be lonely when we're alone...

If it weren't for the stilled expression, and the vacant gaze, and your text... the cheery colors (the yellow popping out of the blue) would've communicated something different to me. I like this a lot!

lathadamle
09-20-2011, 03:43 AM
Emotes the title perfectly:thumbsup: Very well done.

clementine
09-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Ruthie you make me very happy !thank you!!

WYSIWYG I think my works can be a bit puzzling,glad you went through the first step!it means a lot for me!thank you!

thank you Roy for sharing your thoughts!my intent was to convey the feeling of loneliness when you are alone but the viewer can see what he wants to see.I am very glad you like it!!

thank you very much Latha!it's kind of you!

agnès 'clem'

inmystudio
09-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Wow so sad.

Lately I've had a lot of experience with sad lonely women(two of my sisters lost their husbands, at a young age) I find her expression tragic.

To me the colours mock and tease her. To be in this beautiful coloured world when your soul feels so tortured and alone is a horrible place to be.

Wonderful painting, almost brings me to tears.

My husband is currently traveling with work and I haven't seen him for months. I wrote to him "I'm not alone, but I am lonely" :crying:

Think it's time for me to go for a walk in the sunshine.....

Fabulous
09-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Lot of personality in this
I really like it!
/Fab

plec
09-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi clem thankyou for giving me another beautiful piece to enjoy,
Best wishes, Ken.

clementine
09-21-2011, 04:20 PM
thank you so much Deborah for sharing your thoughts!I am so glad when my paintings can touch the viewer but I am sorry if it brings back to you sad thoughts..

thank you very much Fab!glad you like it!!!

Ken so nice to see you my friend!!!thank you!!!
agnès 'clem'

PainterDeb
09-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi Clem, wonderful painting! the colors are great, and I like your portrayal of the woman's mood.

I do have a silly question....I kept looking at this and seeing the woman sitting alone at a restaurant table, yellow menu in hand and the empty green chair beside her. But now I realize it is prob the woman going to bed alone, green headboard and yellow pillow....

so which is it?...although I guess they both fit! either way, imo she needs a glass of wine and a good book...:)

clementine
09-21-2011, 05:12 PM
ah!ah!Deb!I can see what you see now!but never thought of this before!do you think she'd wear a transparent a transparent nightie to go to the restaurant!:lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks Deb!!!

agnès 'clem'

PainterDeb
09-21-2011, 05:18 PM
well it didn't register to me as a transparent nightie, since I thought she was in a restaurant....I thought it was the reflected glow of a candle on the table :)

clementine
09-21-2011, 05:23 PM
no problem at all Deb!it's only my version of it and each viewer is allowed of building his own story!!:)

Charlie's Mum
09-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Reading others' interpretations of the same image is so very interesting - and that's what real art is about ...... so congratulations on a myriad of stories here Clem/Agnes!:D

clementine
09-21-2011, 06:00 PM
thank you very much Maureen!!!I appreciate a lot!!!!