PDA

View Full Version : What was it like attending the 2011 IAPS?

japonaise
09-15-2011, 06:32 PM
If some of you would not mind sharing, will you tell us about your experiences at the 2011 IAPS? Would you go again? Should it be on the 1000 Things to Do ... list? What about the expense of attending - within reason? What aspects did you most enjoy? What other things, if any, would you not spend time doing again? J

water girl
09-15-2011, 07:49 PM
There was so much to see, people to meet and information to absorb. The paint around was on a raised, in-the round platform, so you could clearly see what each artist was creating. The lecture/demos were very informative. Become familiar with the artists before you attend and you won't be disappointed with your choices. The vendors are always available to answer questions and sell you lots and lots of goodies. This year they held the Masters Circle and IAPS Juried Show during the convention. It was such a pleasure to see the works of some of your favorite pastel artists all in one place.
We kept checking the airlines several months ahead, and we were able to get great fares. I hope that you will be able to attend.

japonaise
09-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Karen: May I send you a PM? Jann

Phil Bates
09-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Hanging out with other pastellists was the best for me. I was very busy with video cameras but enjoyed those times gathering on the lobby couches. It's kind of like going away to come home. :)

Be sure and see the little highlight video I made, it is on the IAPS website:

http://www.pastelinternational.com/CONVENTIONS/conventions.html

It's best to give time for the video to load before pressing play. You can also expand it to fill your screen.

By the way, keep the IAPS website handy and bookmarked, there is more to talk about coming ahead. :)

Phil

water girl
09-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Of course:)