PDA

View Full Version : (not) the world's smallest acrylic painting and a new head study -updated 9 10 11

kevinwueste
09-09-2011, 03:49 PM
This small thumbnail (that I went a bit overboard on) is a study for a larger oil painting in low key. An old wooden "hobo" man, an antique Ball Jar and my plastic chicken. I really enjoyed how easy it was to paint (kind-of!) like I might work in oil paints to do this and do it at my kitchen table w/o much fuss! about 4 x 5 inches on canva-paper.

The woman I believe is singer Anna Netrebko. Beautiful woman, painting loosely based on her. I painted this from a photo of a photo - very not-good idea but I liked her shapes and wanted to do a study! about 5 x 10" on gessoboard. both of these may get more attention.. if so I will post updates - thanks for looking ! acrylic both, of course!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2011/164138-chicken_and_dude_and_ball_jar_small_with_my_hand_vp_small.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2011/164138-russian_lady_acrylic_on_gboard_september_2011.jpg

Yes that is my toaster in the right hand corner and no, you cannot have it!:wave:

Lachri
09-09-2011, 04:16 PM
WOW!! They are both amazing!!

I am quite disappointed that I cant have your toaster :(

lovin art
09-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Now thats One of The most Beautiful painterly heads Ive seen you paint , oh' and I bet it took you like what half an hour- :music: ... YOu rock the waves you sail on ,~be it any ocean !!!:D

you could of at least painted the toaster, with the toast flying out of it , now theres a concept !!!;)

Raymo
09-09-2011, 04:23 PM
I have dibs on the rug !

Haptopaint
09-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I really like the painting of the woman-very well done ! I like the pose of her looking over her shoulder.

Lauren Phillips
09-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I love how the painting of the woman looks as though it was done in chalk pastel! Very nice technique!

purplepansey
09-09-2011, 06:34 PM
I like both and the girl reminds me of Rachel Ray, thought it was she, love the way you painted her.
I use canva paper a lot, it is so handy to have around for small works.

luicre
09-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Kevin, at this point I think you can put your brush into mudd and make a masterful work on a piece of stone with it.

Loooove your acrylic`s work!!The woman is beautiful and the still life is masterfully done.

kevinwueste
09-09-2011, 11:46 PM
WOW!! They are both amazing!!

I am quite disappointed that I cant have your toaster :(

Thank you Lachri - well me & the toaster - we are close. sorry:o:)

I like both and the girl reminds me of Rachel Ray, thought it was she, love the way you painted her.
I use canva paper a lot, it is so handy to have around for small works.

PP - thank you - yes I see that Dark red-brown hair and slightly olive skin.. Canva-Paper - love it! totally!

@Lauren Phillips - thank you.. like pastel ? hmm.. I am doing something wrong perhaps!! cheers!

@Haptopaint - thanks!

@Raymo - says who .. you'll have to come through my people first and that'll not be pretty!

@Sandra - AP :D - I wish Sandra - probably 4-5 hours over two nights pondering then painting some.. if toasters could only fly!!!

Kevin, at this point I think you can put your brush into mudd and make a masterful work on a piece of stone with it.

Loooove your acrylic`s work!!The woman is beautiful and the still life is masterfully done.

Ms Luicre, I wish! it's all still super challenging with so many problems NOT solved! thank you all the same!!!!

sorry I wrote these in reverse order except for Luicre I think @#$^@[email protected]

Lauren F-M
09-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Kevin -- You are painting up a storm in the acrylics now! :clap:
Your work looks so confident, like you've been doing it forever. I guess you have just transfered what you know, using another medium.
I'm totally impressed and rather jealous. :evil: You really should give me your toaster, so I feel better! :lol:

This lovely lady -- was the ref from the newspaper as well? I'm still amazed at how well you developed that acrylic portrait of the blond from a newspaper ref! :eek:

lathadamle
09-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Both are very nice. :)

OkeeKat
09-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Both are Fabulous!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Love them!!
The Jar is amazing, awesome glass work and fine details in this small one!!
She is gorgeous, amazing skintones in this loose painterly style of yours, Great work!!

kevinwueste
09-11-2011, 03:19 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2011/164138-russian_lady_acrylic_on_gboard_september_2011_v2.jpg Lauren - yes newspaper ref.. thank you!
Latha - thank you!
Kathie - thank you - here is a slight update..

Charlie's Mum
09-11-2011, 12:41 PM
:envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: ........

for the paintings, (another superb portrait especially) ....
for the toaster (if it toasts both sides equally and simultaneously - toasters and I have a love/hate relationship!!!) ....
for the rug .....
for your talent!

Envy is not a good thing I'm told - sorry - can't help it ;););)

lovin art
09-11-2011, 03:16 PM
You just had to go ahead and play with this more ~eh!!!! :o I loved the absorptive ( Powerful) > spontaneity of your brushstrokes in that first one, very clear precise strokes that related to one another...... AP:D

whatever do you mean Honey child ~ Toasters can and do fly:D !!! just ask Maureen ! LOL

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2011/164138-russian_lady_acrylic_on_gboard_september_2011_v2.jpg Lauren - yes newspaper ref.. thank you!
Latha - thank you!

noodle1
09-11-2011, 04:13 PM
I look at your work and already know I'm 'toast'...so actually giving me the toaster would be very appropriate I think..LOL Love them both!!

Elaine

kevinwueste
09-11-2011, 08:00 PM
:envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: ........

for the paintings, (another superb portrait especially) ....
for the toaster (if it toasts both sides equally and simultaneously - toasters and I have a love/hate relationship!!!) ....
for the rug .....
for your talent!

Envy is not a good thing I'm told - sorry - can't help it ;););)

The rug might be worth envy - it is a hand-made Gabbeh from Iran. They are beautiful and amazing. No envy otherwise needed but I appreciate the sentiment!!!:o

@Sandra - well perhaps that has changed for you ? for me -if something bothers I must fix. if others don't dig - I cannot help. But be sad!:o

@Noodle - Thank you -- ok fine you get the toaster!

lovin art
09-11-2011, 08:33 PM
@Sandra - well perhaps that has changed for you ? for me -if something bothers I must fix. if others don't dig - I cannot help. But be sad!:o

Ouch!!!! Pleaseeee - You have no need of that sad face dude you know I dig you:D , I just digged the the first one hugely for me- I felt you had such a raw beauty about it....Ill send you a new toaster :o , but not the rug ....:cat:

chammi kaiser
09-12-2011, 10:27 AM
I like the little one very much. It is so creative and fun. You can keep your toaster. Toasters have a habit of shooting toast into my face or giving me electric shock treatment.
That is a beautiful portrait of a lovely lady. The style is just wonderful.

kevinwueste
09-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Sandra - I accept all appliances -just as long as they are really cool - thank you !!! I'm good with rugs!!!

Chammi - toasters - yes good point - and thanks for your kind note!

-kw

barsha
09-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Kevin, I really liked your hues blue in the girl!

And shez looking at something... as if with no effort at all. Enjoyed the refinement of your painting as usual :)

PainterDeb
09-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Kevin, these are both great, but the portrait is wonderful!

(I had to smile when I saw your paintings lined up along the kitchen counter, instead of bowls of fruit or paper towels. :))

kevinwueste
09-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Hi Barsha - when i sort of "swooshed" in the blue at her eyes she really came alive! thank you !

Deb - thank you - - totally - I am pretty much surrouned by people ( in paintings) .. when there is a big dinner or party they get moved but they make me happy ! ( or nutty!) - kevin

RPut
09-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Oh My, (Jaw Drop) that portrait is Gorgeous!

ArtsyPatrice
09-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Beautifully done!

luicre
09-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Latha - thank you!

Oh, Yes!!! What a fantastic update. Another one for my wish `s list.

Luicre

Andrew
09-16-2011, 11:53 AM
These are absolutely brilliant Kevin!

Definitely makes me feel like I am on the right course too. Feeling stymied, I have started working relatively small (5x7 - 8x10), and only using big brushes (1/2 inch round, and 3/4 -2 inch flats/brights), so I focus only on the important color/value shapes, and forced to ignore detail of any kind. It is amazing how much control you can get out of big brush with a little practice.

Andrew

kevinwueste
09-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Oh My, (Jaw Drop) that portrait is Gorgeous!

Thank you kindly! much to learn with Acrylics!

@ArtsyPatrice - thank you !!!:wave:

@Luicre - thank you for taking another look Senora!

Andrew These are absolutely brilliant Kevin!

Definitely makes me feel like I am on the right course too. Feeling stymied, I have started working relatively small (5x7 - 8x10), and only using big brushes (1/2 inch round, and 3/4 -2 inch flats/brights), so I focus only on the important color/value shapes, and forced to ignore detail of any kind. It is amazing how much control you can get out of big brush with a little practice.

Andrew

Andrea - thank you for your note. - I used a combination of rounds and flats/filberts but maybe a bit smaller and all were quite soft ( except for the water-color block-in - a bit stiffer brush there to move things quickly.. detail is NOT our friend - almost every ( but in the last few moments, it can come to the aid of the work - not before!)!!

-kevin