PDA

View Full Version : Been a while..

Bill Linn
09-05-2011, 04:24 PM
since my last painting. Here's one for C&C... not sure how to finish the extreme foreground.. Suggestions?

Acrylic (of course,) on canvas, size 20 X 24 inches.

Thanks for looking.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2011/91502-img_6896x.jpeg

sugarbritches085
09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I love the softness of the distant hills. You can almost see each tree standing on the tippy-tops of them. I would probably bring some lighter grasses down ... make the edge not look so harsh? Or else add some more rockery into that wall and add some lighter highlights to bring them forward.

The only other thing that sticks out to me is the white horse on the right... He looks pretty solid one color. If its possible to put a soft shadow on his underbelly and under his jaw, at least, I think he'd look almost bright then he is now, because he'd pop off the canvas!

I love the water and everything else though. It balances wonderfully.

Haptopaint
09-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Very nice, the composition pulls me into the painting to take a look around-- interesting ! Very nice work !

Wassie
09-06-2011, 02:34 AM
I love this. I agree with Haptopaint.

chammi kaiser
09-06-2011, 05:46 AM
There is a wonderful sense of distance here. Love the colours everywhere in the painting. I like the white horse. It draws my attention the man and builds up the story. Quite frankly, I would call it done. It is a very good painting.

reikiart
09-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Beautiful scene!

Ms Nan
09-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I also agree with Haptopaint - you can spend some time looking around on this one, and everything is good.

Bill Linn
09-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Update:

Thanks, Sugarbritches 085, for the suggestion and critique. Here's the updated painting with some shading for the old pack horse. (It did help to tame the white a bit.. seems to give it some dimension.) Also, the suggestion for the foreground was right on and I added the bushes and foreground grasses. (It is very hard to get a photo to convey the colors accurately but this is pretty close.)

Also: thanks to Haptopaint, Wassie, Chammi Kaiser, Reikiart, and Ms Nan. (Your comments are very important to me.)

Can't seem to get the picture uploaded so.. try this link:

http://www.pbase.com/bill_linn/image/137859024/large