PDA

View Full Version : What a headache.. Shipping

Bruce Collins
08-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Hope I am posting this in the correct spot, I tried searching for an answer but found nothing. I need to ship out a 18 x 24 painting. I've shipped smaller ones with no problem because the post office had boxes, but they do not have the proper sized box for this larger painting. I've googled for mirror boxes and such and really cant seem to find what i'm looking for. That and they all say FRAGILE on them which boosts the cost in shipping. =\ Just a box a bit bigger than the painting, enough for me to pack in some bubble rap or foam is all i'm asking sheesh. How do you all usually find boxes? So far I have two boxes that I can tape together to make it fit, but it is quite large and will probably cost me a lot more money to ship than needed. Any advice or website you all know of that can help?

OkeeKat
08-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I've had to go to UPS store and they made a box for the paintings by cutting down other boxes.. costs a little more I think but worth it.
not sure what else to suggest.

Bruce Collins
08-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Thank you Kathie, I hope they can put something together for me.

draggingsticks
08-22-2011, 10:50 PM
saying fragile doesnt raise shipping. i worked at the po for 10 years.

gaykir
08-23-2011, 12:03 AM
I go to the ups store too! Have never had a problem. For really large works or multiples, I ask the buyer to pay and I use a commercial shipper whom is accustomed to shipping museum pieces.