PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Hard Ground

neutrahouse
03-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Help!

Okay, my zinc plate is all prepared with the soft ground - I'm ready to start the image. Trouble is - I don't want to draw this free hand.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can transfer a well executed drawing to the etching plate?

:confused:
Neutrahouse

sassybird
03-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Ok, you have me officially confused....lol In the title of your thread you said you needed help with hard ground, but in your post you said soft ground. You DO NOT want to get those two confused. Let me know which you are using, and then I can give you some ideas of how to work you image onto the plate.

timelady
03-14-2003, 04:03 PM
You can lay a drawing gently on top of soft ground and then re-draw over the original lines to trace it through to the plate - use anything pointy! I find a pencil in a differnt colour than the drawing works best so you can see where you've traced. Just remember to reverse it! :)

Tina.

sassybird
03-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Remember one thing about soft ground. It takes very little, maybe a pea sized bit to cover the whole plate, depending on the size of plate. Hard ground also takes little to cover the whole plate. Be sparing in your use of these grounds.

-paul-
04-24-2003, 12:21 AM
there are pens called Chartpack
pens....there are different colors, then there is the "blender" one that is clear.....it transfers carbon-based images onto most surfaces (some better than others).......carbon-based, meaning a photocopy of your drawing would transfer onto the plate....i don't know how much detail you're working with though.....hhmmm...would a pencil drawing transfer? i don't know.

Varsol i believe is another thing we had at school to transfer images onto plates. it's toxic though.....but so is the etching process.......

-paul-