PDA

View Full Version : Ebay-how long does it take?

Josie
03-10-2003, 02:05 PM
Here's a weird one. I made a payment on my sellers account on friday night through my checking account. The final page said it would be deducted in the next two days.
Every other time I pay it comes off immediately. Has somethig changed this month that I'm not aware of? I have a feeling something was messed up but I really don't want to re-enter it just in case it does go through.
Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this.:(

Tracey

GinnyHampton
03-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Through PayPal??? I know that if I do any transactions using my checking account it's not immediate, there's always a couple of days waiting period. That sounds normal to me that you're waiting. . I'd check back to make sure the transaction went through on the date you were given.

AlexM
03-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Tracy,

Whenever I make an electronic payment either from my checking account or through paypal where the money comes out of my checking account, it usually takes a couple of days to process. Maybe you just missed the processing deadline for that day and that's why you don't see your account updated. I know that any transaction that I make on the weekend is not processed until the next business day. I would give it a couple of days before I call either the bank or ebay. I would certainly not repeat the transaction electronically until I figured out what happened to the first transaction.

The other thought I had was that maybe there was a glitch with the processing online, which could mean the transaction was never finalized. I would still wait a couple of days, then call the bank or eBay to find out what happened to it.