PDA

View Full Version : Inspirations

CarlyHardy
07-02-2011, 05:57 PM
The online members' only show for 2011 is titled "Inspirations". We're currently looking for a judge for the show....if you know of someone that would qualify, please post here and Pat or I will do the follow up.

If you're not a member, it's not too late to join! The prospectus for the show is linked from the front page of the Oil Pastel Society website and the deadline for submissions is August 31st at midnight EDST!

Get inspired by viewing some of the previous shows!

CarlyHardy
07-14-2011, 07:58 PM
The judge for this year's show has been found :clap: His name is Larry Jon Davis. If you'd like to check out his paintings and bio, go to www.larryjdavis.com (http://www.larryjdavis.com)

Hope that's right...will check, yep...that's the right link! He has taught in the college system for a number of years, recently retired to pursue his own work and has experience with oil pastels!

carly

E-J
08-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the info and link, Carly. Larry's work is an inspiration indeed!

I submitted some pics to the show a while back and wonder if I should have received acknowledgement of my email? I expect OPS'ers may well be too busy to do that for every entry, but thought I'd check in case mine had somehow vanished into the ether, as I can't remember reading whether or not a confirmation mail would be sent.

Thanks Carly!

CarlyHardy
08-20-2011, 09:44 PM
EJ, I sent confirmation emails yesterday and set up an auto response. Thought I'd done that already. Everyone should get that now.

carly

CarlyHardy
09-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Be at the opening!

Saturday evening, September 17th, 2011, at 8 pm (Georgia time!)

The awards will be posted...hope everyone enjoys the show!

If you're not a member of the Oil Pastel Society, you can join now and your renewal date will be January 1, 2013! That's three extra months of membership privileges!

CarlyHardy
09-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Correction for Larry Davis's website! Should have been http://larryjdavis.com on the frontpage of the OPS website!!

Thanks EJ for bringing that to my attention:)

gekai
09-19-2011, 10:01 PM
The quality and variety of the paintings keeps improving each year. It is a great show. Congratulations to all participants. Personally speaking it was humbling to see such excellence. I wonder if there will be some exposure to the show in one of the main stream art magazines.

CarlyHardy
09-21-2011, 08:00 PM
I always send a press release to the magazines. It's up to the publishers to run a story. We did get a story in The Artist's Magazine after our first show opened!

sundiver
09-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Was there any notification about the show other than in here? I checked in here at the beginning of the summer- must have just missed the announcement- and then was very busy and forgot about it.
Ah well.
Beautiful work everyone! :clap:

RainySea
10-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Beautiful work everyone and congrats to all the winners.