PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Ruts (x posted to southwest)

Catherine1
07-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey everyone..

Been awhile since I posted.. Still peek in though. My oils were calling to me to finish a few pieces over the last few months.
18x24 acrylics I used a sponge for the mid and background
This is a real deviation from how I usually paint and also large for me. I wanted to paint the colors not the realistic view. The painting is a bit heavy on the left now that I see it on screen. But over all I'm somewhat satisfied.

Emphatic and technical C & C would greatly be appreciated!!!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2011/218408-Ash_lane.jpg

PainterDeb
07-01-2011, 11:53 PM
I really like this one, has a magical feel to it! love the colors!! I would hang this one on my wall, very nice. :thumbsup:

I haven't tried using sponges, I may have to experiment a bit.

lathadamle
07-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Nice colors. Feast to the eyes. :clap:

arl
07-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Wonderful colors and mood.

OkeeKat
07-02-2011, 09:01 AM
great colors, The trees on the right are fabulous,
I think the tall trees with the white trunks could use a little shadowing
especially on the trunks, the stark white is a little distracting though.

chammi kaiser
07-02-2011, 04:09 PM
There is something so 'different' and creative about this painting which really interested me. I like this a lot particularly those touches of orange which make a terrific contrast against the blues in the work.Well done.

Bruce Collins
07-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Nicely done. Puts me in a good mood. :D

Catherine1
07-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Deb, A lot of the under paintings I do for the bigger canvas are done with sponges. Gets something on the canvas quick and painless and puts in the values I tend to loose with a brush. Big plus is that its fun!
Arlene, Damle, Thanks for the kind comments. I loved the colors too.
Kathie.. Yeah they are a bit bright, and did bother me. Thanks for the input. I will be toning them down tomorrow.. I'll post it.
Chammi.. Thanks. that it so different esp for me, I was almost afraid to leave it as it was.
Bruce.. Thank you..

PainterDeb
07-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Catherine, thanks for your response about using the sponge, I will def try it. Just curious, why type of sponge do you use? it prob doesn't matter too much?

Again, I really liked the combination of colors you used in this painting, really everything about it, I keep coming back to look at it...

Catherine1
07-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Deb- I have two sea sponges about the size of a squished golf ball and they have interesting sides with a few pointed parts. Then I have a really really cheap one that is very soft and light when dry.. I use it most as I can really pinch it to get a real sharp edge or ball it up a bit for a 1/2 round shape.. I rinse and change water often to keep colors pure.

PainterDeb
07-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the info, I hope to get to Hobby Lobby tomorrow, I will add sea sponges to the list!

barsha
07-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Very colourful nature scape :)

DominicM
07-04-2011, 03:33 AM
lovely pallette, love the orange bushes against the purple mountains