PDA

View Full Version : What Kind Of Canvas And Acrylics Do You Use?

Shawn Qui-Qui
06-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Ilove acrylics but I still have not found a good brand to work with. I amlooking into canvases and there is just no good info on them. If anyone isselling some please let me know. There are so many brands and styles Pleasehelp me. What kind of canvas / paint should I get?

idylbrush
06-30-2011, 08:24 PM
These are highly personal decisions. I happen to like Graham, Matisse, and golden...but I don't limit myself to just those brands, the same might be said of canvas. Sometimes I likeca coarse canvas, other times I like a fine canvas..still again a heavy canvas depending on what I am doing. Sometimes there are no simple answers.

Einion
06-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Ilove acrylics but I still have not found a good brand to work with.
Well what have you tried? ;) Need to give us an idea of what you've already used otherwise there's a pretty good chance someone will recommend one of them!

As far as canvas goes, what are you looking for? Have you tried any other supports?

Einion

OkeeKat
06-30-2011, 09:03 PM
I Love using either temp masonite or any brand staple backed canvas', cheap fine with me.. I regesso all my canvas' and hardboards 3-4 times with lightly sanding inbetween dry coats each time going in different directions.
this gives me a smoother surface for my fine details.. all a personal choice.

I like to paint on the edges to continue the painting around all 4 sides, which gives the client or recipient the option of framing or not. looks great hanging as is without frames with painted sides.

I use only Liquitex heavy body paints and mix with ony water to an inky consistancy, Loving the rich pigments.