PDA

View Full Version : boxer

jocko500
06-29-2011, 09:57 PM
this is Jarred Leblanc a friend of mine. you find him on youtube.
I know about the small jar but I done give him the painting to him so i can not fix that. I just started painting again this year and was happy to see the energy this give me. he liked it too.
tell me what else you fine wrong with the painting please so I can do better next time I paint people and what to watch out for.
I did have a photo as a refer but could not find it. If I do I post it here

jocko500
06-29-2011, 09:59 PM
the other leg is behind the leg of the other boxer and that why it do not show. even in the photo it did not show.

I now hold on and wait some days before i say it is finish. I got one for over a week i look at every day looking for any errors or how to do better on this.

jocko500
06-29-2011, 10:06 PM
just find the photo so this was added after my first post on this tread. the photo was done by someone else using a phone. But I got permit to use the photo

jocko500
06-29-2011, 10:36 PM
i did learn a lot here and i see i need to pay more on how the human body works and the angle of the face so it will not look like a cave man. I see many errors but i know i harder on my self on my own work. Common among artists. I just have to learn to just get the spirit of the subject and do not worry about errors too much if they are working in my favor

barsha
06-30-2011, 01:28 AM
:)

gaykir
06-30-2011, 02:01 AM
So glad I'm not the only one to paint boxers! It's difficult to capture the sport!

Wassie
06-30-2011, 01:30 PM
I am confused.:confused: The painting looks very good to me except for the face of the boxer on the left. It doesn't look like the reference at all. Other than that, the painting is very good.

jocko500
06-30-2011, 05:17 PM
photos is just a reference to me. my mind think of other stuff to paint so i blocked out the background and work on the figures. i not trying to get it to look like the photo
i will pose more to show what i mean later on when I have time

jocko500
06-30-2011, 06:51 PM
I looking at the back leg of the right boxer. The shadows just under the bend of the knee is not there. of course the face on the left boxer is messed up. the back on the right boxer is not round. there no background between the head of the right boxer and the left boxer.
maybe i too hard on myself.
I know i did not put in the background but I did want some details of the boxers to come out.

thanks Wassie. guess it is confussing. as i read that artist useing real photos is not real artists. So that why i just use it as a refer. only.

for history photography came about because some artists was trying to get what they see actually so one made a pinhole in a box and put paper up and saw a backward image of the object then some one came across with chemicals and put on the paper and learn to make photographs with glass and papers and chemicals. just a thumb nail of how some artists wish to do better art. i do not know why people think it bad to use photo as a reference.
maybe this have nothing to do with this painting . i do not know. i know what we think will come out in our art.

OkeeKat
06-30-2011, 09:40 PM
I think you did a good job on this.. agree the boxers face is a little too far forward.
His back thigh could have been a little thicker and the opponents leg also a little thicker, other then that great.
Sometimes a little color blurred in the background give it a hint of activity and not as bright, or just tone it down some so not to be distracting from the subject, just an FYI for future.