PDA

View Full Version : Okay, suede paper people!

tabbycat
03-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know where I could buy some of this stuff to try it out? I like the effects I get on velour paper but would like to try the suede. Today I dropped one of my drawings ( I know I should be more careful but stuff like that happens in real life) and there was dust everywhere! I know some of you have been able to buy pieces of it from frame shops, and if I like it I'll probably do that, but in the meantime I just want to buy some and try it out. Thanks!:)

tabbycat
03-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Oops, I meant suede board. I keep forgetting it's actually a mat board.

jackiesimmonds
03-10-2003, 03:34 AM
Why don't you phone round frameshops in your area, and ask if they provide it. If they say yes, then ask if by any chance they have any offcuts (the centres) that are slightly damaged, or put aside, that you could "buy" or take off their hands. Explain you are an artst wanting to try some, and will buy some whole sheets if you like it.

Just a thought.

Smudger
03-10-2003, 05:18 AM
Good advice Jackie... i can see you don't miss a trick!:D

BevL
03-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Since seeing what djstar has done on suede mat board, I looked for some yesterday at the art store. Seems they only order it in special order.. at $50 a sheet! yikes. So, I'll be asking my printer next time I talk to him.

tabbycat
03-10-2003, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'll go ahead, then, and start asking framing places for samples. $50 a sheet, wow! Makes sense when I take into consideration that this was a product created for framing, and framing is really expensive. sounds like others have been able to find it , so hopefully I can get my hands on some too.:)