PDA

View Full Version : Impatience.

sugarbritches085
06-22-2011, 02:47 PM
I've found that since acrylics dry so quickly, I'm 10 times more impatient to have a finished product. The past few i started, I've taken my time and did some back painting (I didn't know you should/could do that, so thank you to those on this forum who give good info/breakdowns of their techniques.) And I like the fact that it adds a bit more depth and tonality.

I realize that people's habits and techniques all rely on style and preferences. Since, I don't have preferences yet, I'm curious to know what everyone else's top tips and techniques are so I can play around and have fun. Any type of thought or idea is welcome. I'm loving painting and having fun with it. So, what are your favorite things to do? The things you find really make the difference for you? Is it a brush? A finish? A style technique? :)

George Servais
06-24-2011, 03:21 PM
That happens to a lot of new painters. Just relax and know that painting is a lifetime of learning. I learned from this source http://www.yarnellschool.com.
Technique is what you learn first and then as you gain experience your own style will start to emerge. Don't be impatient or it will show in your efforts. It will start to show in physical ways too like stiff neck, sore shoulders and hands. Looking forward to seeing your progress.:wave:

idylbrush
06-24-2011, 08:02 PM
What George said.