PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 06/5 - 06/11

noodle1
06-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Good Sunday Morning Everyone,

New day, new week so let the chatting begin.
Coffee on for when ya all wake up...:lol:

See ya later,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
06-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Good morning Elaine, and everyone.

OkeeKat
06-05-2011, 12:24 PM
morning all, oops I replied in the old thread!! :lol:

thanks goodness for editing.. :wave:
Spent all day around the lake.. yeah this is a BIG LAKE!!!
We drove about an hr and a half down the west side of the lake to the south end of the lake(left at 10:30am).
Joe bought a motor for one of his small boats from a guy down in LaBelle.
So took alot of landscape photos on way down, we stopped for lunch after which was 1pm by then, yeah he talked alot with the guy.
then we took scenic route up the East side and stopped along the way here and there to get more photos landscape, cows, the lake, etc.
got into town by 4pm. and stopped for dinner!
was a nice day out took 202 photos!!!
I painted last night hopeing to do more this am.
Expecting kids to arrive for dinner.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

idylbrush
06-05-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2011/36241-blueflower.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2011/36241-frangipani.jpg
thought these froze back but they are coming on strong.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2011/36241-rainlily.jpg
first of the rain lilies

Not doing so well today. To many meds and have upset stomach. Lucky to keep anything down. Not allowed tums or such, conflicts with the other meds. Trying a bit of peppermint to see what happens.

3 ounces of green goodness (fruit and veggie juice) for lunch and not exactly sitting well.

OkeeKat
06-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Hope your stomach settles soon Howard, Giner ale and lots of toast/crackers/pretzels!
Love the garden pics, glad the frost didn't get to those! beautiful blooms!

doing laundry in between painting!

chammi kaiser
06-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Hope you are feeling better now Howard. Horrid having an upset tum. We are going through a tough time here in N. Germany. There is a dreadful bacteria which had attacked some 2000 people so far. They have dreadful symptoms, upset tummy, blood clots and kidney failure. There have been twenty deaths so far. It is really very very scary. We have all been warned not to eat any raw vegetables or salads. Everything has to be cooked until the find the source of the bacteria. Summer and salads are to me so synonomous and I miss my salads so much. A warm summer evening, a glass of white wine, a large mixed salad - heaven. Hold thumbs that the powers that be discover a medication to cope with the illness (so far nothing has worked).

Wow, Kathie, that's a lot of photos. I love lakes and the colours and reflections. We have some beautiful lakes here in Germany and Pete and I went for a canoe trip yesterday - spent the whole afternoon just enjoying the experience - lots of ducks, geese and coots with babies - an absolute delight. Looking forward to seeing what your next painting will be!!

Elaine, joining you for a nice cuppa. Big hug to you too.

PattiLou
06-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Chammi I heard something on the news about a really bad bacteria going around... didn't know it was in Germany. I don't thing they really said where it was but they did say it was going to be worse than the last time. Good reason to grow your own veggies, then you know what is on them, I don't spray my garden with manure:lol: :lol: :lol:, that is, when I am home to have a garden.

Howard, Kathie is correct, Ginger Ale is good for upset tummy. They even have diet if you can't take the sugar. Vernor's works best for us. York Peppermint Patties help too.

I think summer finally caught up with us here in Salt Lake City, the air conditioner has been running a bunch today. We went from furnace to AC over night. It is beautiful out today.

noodle1
06-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi All,

Hey Shirl sorry I've been missing, between the man of the house and this (I think) head cold I'm just not terribly social, actually I'm social but appearance is er not so much...haha I will call ya tho tomorrow, no video tho..hahaha well maybe.

Hi Patti, hold on to it cause seems it can change any time..stupid weather..haha

Hi Kathie have to catch you soon on Skype too, ahem when you're not running round having fun...lol You must paint in your sleep girlfriend..haha works tho, all great!!

Hi Chammi, my girlfriend who has been living in Missouri for years, orginially from the UK just moved to Germany, she and her husband, she was telling me she ended up in the hospital and when I heard the news it was the first thing I thought of and yup she was one of them. She said they were thinking it was the salad, the produce from Spain. She's fine thank goodness but what an awful thing. You just take care ya hear til they can clear this mess all up, so sorry for all the sick and those who have died dear Lord, just terrible.

Howard love all your flower photos but that last little one is just so charming.
Sorry for the upset stomach, warm ginger ale can work and so can warm coke or at least it could at one time. Do or can you take any of your meds with milk, that would at least coat your stomach some. I grow mint and tho it has to be watched cause it will take over I use it in hot tea or somethimes just chew on a leaf, works rather well for the tummy. Hope as the day went on so did the stomach upset.

Been cold in the mornings here, like low 40's and not so warm during the day, sun's out but the wind has been up as well makes it feel much chillier I guess. We seem to be entering the no rain zone, wonder how long that will last, gardens round here are sure taking a beating, either they get all mushy or die of thirst..

I've been dragging myself around all day..haha watched a movie with Karlie last night (she's babysitting my son's animals while he's on a cruise..:eek: ) and stayed way too long, not worried about getting anyone sick I think they got me sick to begin with..haha

Hey Raymo saw your post about the "artist" thing, listen you!!! you are an artist, ya just need a little push to finish what you start..haha or a cattle prod. Don't you dare put your talent down my man or I'll be there with one..haha
And just to keep things right..Nite Nite Raymo my man...way past my sleepy time..haha

Okay I'm going and I will see you all tomorrow.
Hugs all round,
Elaine

eyepaint
06-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Gorgeous plants, Howard. Chammi - hope they figure out what's causing the issue. Soon!

chammi kaiser
06-06-2011, 03:59 AM
Elaine, hope you are feeling better. Lousy having a cold - such a common thing but so darned unpleasant.

On the news today, it seems they have found some of this virulent bacteria in sprouts from a Bio producer just north of Hamburg. Hope to goodness this is the right source. Most of the patients are woment between 25 and 35 which is the typical 'diet crazy' group and I would imagine sprouts are very much part of the 'lose weight' diet.

Am so enjoying the warm weather and the world is so full of colour at the moment. If I were a floral painter, I would be in paradise. Love flowers but not so keen on painting them!!

idylbrush
06-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Chammi, saw on news today that they can't seem to pinpoint the source of the bacteria but it is quite virulent apparently.

How is your husband doing, I take it he is out of the hospital and recovered or recovering. Hope all is much better.

Busy day today. Phone calls mostly but that is expected.

Trying to paint in between all that is going on. Busy days here.

The show with the masks opened on Friday evening. Couldn't make the opening but from all reports they caused quite a stir. Everyone liked the framing, a coup since I was a bit nervous about the whole concept. Caused considerable conversation. Gallery owner is quite happy with it all.

idylbrush
06-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Okay kids, here is a fun thing to do.......

When you are in pre-surgery and they are prepping you......they are far to serious. I am far to anxious......so,

if you can steal two blue surgical gloves and but them over your socks (hopefully trapping some air in them) you have instant chicken feet..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2011/36241-chickenfeet.jpg

The nurses laugh their butts off. You feel better, they feel better, and you have just done something no one else has done before. Looks great in surgery, especially if your legs are raised, great color(though I think purple might be even more fun), it keeps everyone confounded and they think you are crazy and handle you with care.

OkeeKat
06-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Hi all!!
Elaine, Hope you feel better, have to catch up soon!! Been trying to paint some in my spare time:lol:
Chammi, sorry to hear about the problems over there.. its so sad.
Working on more little flowers then will decide whats next.
Howard, glad to hear the tummys better, LOVE the CHICKEN FEET!!!!!:lol: Too funny!!
Patti, Glad it finaly warmed up for ya!
Hi Shirl!!
Hi and hugs to all!!

Another dentist apt today went well filled a hole where lost a filling, She didnt even have to use novacaine.. Was an easy fix!! 3 month checkup with internist this afternoon went fine, got new scripts and good for another 6 months.
Dinner dishes done.... back to paintings!!!

RPut
06-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Howard, you make me laugh! Good for you to have such a wonderful attitude with such serious things. I hope and pray that things are well for you. You have been through enough.

What a fun day trip Kathy! Sounds like a lot a good ideas are on your camera!

Chammi, how awful--hope the source is found. Stay well!!

Hi Elaine, Patti, Ray, EP, And everybody else!

Today I started a new crew of Kinders with our little 2 week summer camp. Love having only 11 students!!! Wish it could stay that way! Oh, and I Love half days and being done at 12! Wish it could stay that way too! LOL

Okay, how do I get OUT of this FUNK!! I have been in the "woe is me" mode for months now. I have no interest in painting. I had one brief little inspiration a couple weeks ago, tried, it was awful, and now--nothin. Things just end up leaning against the wall anyway.....with the exception of a rare commission here and there. It's not that I want to sell--it would be nice-- it's okay if I don't. But now I don't really have any more places to hang things, so I don't know what to do with my stuff. On the other hand, I know I should keep painting for the practice and practice and practice. How else am I going to get better.....What do you all do when/if you get into this mood?? Hopefully, when I am done with summer school, and get my summer chores done, I will get back......

chammi kaiser
06-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Howard. You are totally crazy. My crazy Aunt who was then in her thirties, put a stocking over her head andhung around her face a few wood shavings she has begged from a carpenter working in the hospital, then pulled the blanket ove her face. The night sister pulled off the blanket and the shock sent her screaming down the corridor for help.
Thanks so much for asking about Pete. He is doing very wll - coping with
blood thinning tablets and carrying on life as normal. He is however banned from going on mountain trips on his own (in case he falls and bleeds all over the place) Can't say I'm sorry about this restriction. Always was very worried about his solo mountaineering trips.

The are still not onto the bug here in Germany but are exploring all possibilities. Wish they would find it. It really is very worrying. Wish I could sample some of your garden produce Howard.

Ruthie. Summer camp with a pile of little ones is not easy task. I taught swimming in Canadian summer camps and was pretty bushed by 12 each day. Still , it is fun.

idylbrush
06-07-2011, 09:08 AM
"Okay, how do I get OUT of this FUNK!! I have been in the "woe is me" mode for months now. I have no interest in painting. I had one brief little inspiration a couple weeks ago, tried, it was awful, and now--nothin. Things just end up leaning against the wall anyway.....with the exception of a rare commission here and there. It's not that I want to sell--it would be nice-- it's okay if I don't. But now I don't really have any more places to hang things, so I don't know what to do with my stuff. On the other hand, I know I should keep painting for the practice and practice and practice. How else am I going to get better.....What do you all do when/if you get into this mood?? Hopefully, when I am done with summer school, and get my summer chores done, I will get back......
"

Grab a pair of surgical gloves and......

Charlie's Mum
06-07-2011, 10:42 AM
........ make another pair of chicken feet to liven things up!
What a great idea Howard! :lol:

Sorry to be late sticking this - we had to find some glue - supplies are running short!!!

idylbrush
06-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Can you imagine what I could do with spray foam and surgical gloves!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

biddlebeach
06-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Hello!! been forever since I have been here and I am so sorry :(
have not been painting much at all since I got that darn sick in March, and now there is so much to do and catch up on,, sigh,,
promise,, will do my best to get back here more often.. TRY..
going to a few workshops this weekend,, one is water color, one is pastels and one is collage,, should be fun,, :)

OkeeKat
06-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Hi all! just a quick hi, good to see you Mary, Hope alls well.
:grouphug: Howard! You have such great ideas!
Chammi, so glad to hear Pete is doing good.

take my Piper to Groomers early am and let him stay most of the day at Daycare. I'm sure he misses his friends!!:lol:
long busy day today at work, going to do a little more painting toight then early to bed.
Have a good nite all!!:wave:

idylbrush
06-08-2011, 12:43 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jun-2011/36241-th_happydance.gif

Got some good health news today. Been a long time coming.

biddlebeach
06-08-2011, 08:26 AM
:clap::clap::clap::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Happy Happy for you Howard! that is exciting news!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jun-2011/36241-th_happydance.gif

Got some good health news today. Been a long time coming.

Shirl Parker
06-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Yay, Howard :clap:

biddlebeach
06-08-2011, 11:49 AM
It's official, we are old,, Mark is retiring this month,, OMG!!!!

OkeeKat
06-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Congrats Howard, :clap: :clap: :clap: I am sooooo very happy for you!!!
I'm sure its a load off of your mind.. what a relief!!:grouphug:

Mary,nahhh not old.. just starting a new chapter of your life.. ENJOY IT!!

Finaly got some good photos of my second magnolia!
Might just hit the sack early tonight.. very tired.
nite all!!:wave:

OkeeKat
06-09-2011, 08:06 PM
oh my its quiet here today,
hi to all!!:wave:
home from work and dinner with Joe as he got back into town when I finished work so we met at local diner.
Hope to paint tonight. Yeah off tomorrow!
My Piper got his hair cut yesterday am, dropped him off before work and picked him up at lunch time. He's so fluffy, looks like a typical Poodle, and Joe says.. smells like a french w....:lol:

hope all are doing well, still no rain today, Hopefully Howard got some, it looked like it was bad out west.
Later all. have a good nite!!:wave:

idylbrush
06-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Seems like I was busy all day and got a lot of nothing done.

We actually got no rain it went all around us but not here. When it works most the time.

I am watering the garden now in an effort to keep it alive. Not an easy task these days. Still working on the new painting and not sure when it's going to get done.

I had a 10 min. conference call that lasted almost an hour, I had a rewrite of the contract that should have taken 15 min. and took almost 3 hours.

I have been antsy all evening long. It seems as though I have been so wound up for so long I'm having a hard time unwinding. It's amazing how the body responds.

Spent about 4 1/2 hours this morning on paperwork. That's where the morning went. I'm trying to get through piles of paperwork that I have around and really don't need. They just take up space and make me angry. So, time to get rid of them.

I was hoping that maybe I could take one of these days often just relax and so far it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm trying to find some new insurance, work on a couple of state documents, get the garden ready for the summer, get the house in order, and I only have about three weeks to get it done.

Shirl Parker
06-09-2011, 10:12 PM
What kind of insurance, Howard? Have you tried AARP? I saved a bundle on car insurance with them.

biddlebeach
06-09-2011, 10:20 PM
So, yesterday I get a text from my son,, saying "well, are WE giving dad a retirement party?"
after a few texts back and forth,, we are now planning a party,,
planning dates times food, drinks,, sigh,, more work! but, will be fun..

PattiLou
06-09-2011, 11:39 PM
LOL Mary..... "We" meaning you get to do all the work? Kathie is right though, it is just another chapter in your life. Keep Mark busy and everything will be fine.:lol:

I'm all talked out... had a busy day visiting with our friends and didn't get anything else accomplished at all. Well, I'm good at getting nothing accomplished.:o Tomorrow is another day and I will try to do better, lol, I didn't say "promise".

chammi kaiser
06-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Howard. I am absolutely delighted for you. You have been through a tough time. I am sure gardening helps you to relax a little. Hope you get some rain soon.

Kathie, That is so funny about Piper. Bet he looks gorgeous and does NOT smell like a French lady of the oldest profession in the world!!!!!

Mary. Hope you enjoy the party. Our friends who have retired recently seem to be the busiest people in the world. We have to make an appointment a couple of weeks ahead just to see them. I have threatened to put them both on short leads!!
We are really looking forward to the time when Pete retires but we still have another 7 years to go. Ughhh! He is doing a lot of home office at the moment so I am slowly getting used to having him around the house. We have a rule. When my studio door is shut, I am OUT OF BOUNDS.( 'Make your own tea, dear!!!) It wasn't easy at first.

Still no light on the horizon regarding this awful bacterium here and there have been more deaths. Very scary.

biddlebeach
06-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Yes, Patty, that is what I am afraid of,, and I am still working. will put Mark to work getting the old shack in good order for company:) and Brad will ( hopefully) come in a few days early to help his dad. should be some good bonding time for them,,
Mark wants to do beef on wick, will leave that one up to him, and I will make some pulled pork, found a super simple recipe for it in the crock pot, think I will get it cooked up and pull it, then freeze it and add the sauce in to it and put it in the crock pot of a roaster for the day of,, that should make it less stressful.
woke up really early this AM thinking,, oh my,, what are we going to do for tables? and oh my,, do we need to rent a canopy? Oh my,, there went the rest of my sleep.. sigh,, and off we go!
Graduation tonight,, our God Daughter is graduating,, wow,, where has the time gone?
have 2 workshops tomorrow then the 1st graduation party of the summer,, ( so far, only 3)
think I better get my butt to work early so as to color MY hair.. hehe

idylbrush
06-10-2011, 09:59 PM
It seems that this week has had more twists and turns then a roller coaster. It certainly has been bizarre. I have had more highs and lows than the stock market this week.

Got one of those fruit bouquets today. They are so lovely. Taste good as well. I am somewhat a fruit eater anyway so it is a nice fit.

I see the issue with the food in Germany has been somewhat solved. I was most saddened to hear that it involved an organic farm.

noodle1
06-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

Quick hello, Howard you know I am thrilled for you....one thing with Skype and the good freinds that can get together on there is that there is so little left to say..hahaha right Shirl...roflol.

Mary the party sounds like it will be great fun, what time should I be there...haha

Hi Patti, Kathie, Chammi happy to hear DH is doing well. My friend is back in the states to collect her animals they move into their home in Germany on the 1st of July, she said too Howard they thought it was from an Organic Farm.

Hello Raymo my man how ya doing there boyo? You are very quiet indeed, mowing the lawn a lot hahaha.

Well I have to go paint an anniversary present haha haven't a clue as to what so better get my head to functioning, party in July but I am slow..haha

Hope everyone enjoys their Sat.I will see you later.
Hugs all round,
Elaine

OkeeKat
06-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Morning all!!
Chammi, Piper does look cute thanks, He still does smell good though, I call him Pretty boy! hehe he knows it too. Glad Pete is doing good.

Howard sorry to many ups and downs, Hope things work out.

Mary, hope graduation went well. Time flies when your having fun!
Fortunately Joe has a Hobby with his model airplanes. He recently bought 8 planes when we were in GA memorial day, car was overloaded, I almost had to sit on the roof. then just this week he found a shed company repossed a shed full of model planes from somewhere, no one joe knew.. and bought 2cars full of planes. thank god he has a large workshop in the garage and stores some stuff at his hanger with large plane.
Dont think I'll ever have to worry about him being in my hair when he retires!!:lol:

Hi Elaine, SHirl and everyone else out there.
spent yesterday painting and finished up my small Bird of Paradise! Now to get some good photos!

Later all!!:wave:

idylbrush
06-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Spent part of the morning with cleaning the stawet palette. After four months it had a rather nice growth factor. Actually, not to bad but still had to be cleaned, the sponge had to be replaced.

Want to get back to my current canvas but every time I look at it, my stomach does a flip in the air.

Lady Carol
06-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Want to get back to my current canvas but every time I look at it, my stomach does a flip in the air.
Why?

idylbrush
06-11-2011, 11:40 PM
This week has had to many emotional issues and the canvas requires to much attachment and sensitivity at the moment. My life recently has been a bit crazy,but, we all know that.

Ozone
06-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Hi Lady Bones :lol: ,

For all those folk with troubles...

Oz:)

5G7bGBUlx2M

biddlebeach
06-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Lookie what I found last night? SIGH....

noodle1
06-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Oh my Mary you're as bad as me with cats..haha what a cutie..okay guys here's the new thread...http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=936509
Hugs,
Elaine