05-28-2011, 12:49 PM
I got an email from artavita.com inviting me to post a portfolio, contact info, etc. and offering some sort of contest or other. Maybe they're legit, but their email set off my scam sensors. Does anybody know anything about them or who they are?
05-28-2011, 03:42 PM
I've had a look at their terms, and they seem fine to me. You can have a page at no cost, I would say they hope to make money from contests they run. I don't know the cost of competition entry, but you should be fine listing your work and your contact detail.
I allow World Wide Art Books, INC, artavita.com to add me to their mailing list and send me art news.
1. Artavita is not the agent, representative, broker, or employee of the Artist.
2. Artavita has nothing to do with sales of artwork through this website.
3. The Artist agrees that the artwork sold or transferred to the buyer, or submitted for Artavita art contests, or uploaded on this site is that Artist's original works, the artist is the legal owner of the copyright.
4. The Artist agrees to keep all information up to date and accurate and further warrants the work to be original, and not subject to any copyright infringement, or criminal activity.
5. No adult or offensive content is allowed to be downloaded on this site.
6. Artavita reserves the right to delete any artwork that it regards unsuitable, for whatever reason.
7. Any artists who enters any contest organized by World Wide Art Books,INC or Artavita accepts the terms of the contest and accepts all decisions regarding awards and prices.
8. No personel of Artavita or members of critical committees or relatives, spouces or partners of same may participate in contests organized by Artavita.com
9. Participation fees for contests are not refundable.
The parties hereto agree, that all rights and duties under this contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, this transaction bearing a reasonable relation to said state.
The parties hereto agree, that in the event of any dispute arising from this contract, the dispute shall be submitted to arbitration, in Santa Barbara County, California, USA, within one (1) year from the date of the event from which the dispute arises, as outlined by the laws of the State of California, and any action after said time is herein and hereby precluded. Arbitration as outlined herein, shall be the exclusive remedy of either party to the dispute, and the results thereof shall be binding on all parties.
I see no red flags at all.
01-17-2013, 11:06 PM
I am quite sure their contests are scam.
Their winner for the 4th contest has
a photograph taken of people with charcoal on their face.
Not a Charcoal drawing.
Why not put a fake artist as
winner and never pay them, keep the money yourself.
vBulletin® v3.5.8, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.