PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 05-22 thru 05/28

noodle1
05-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

Last week just seemed to fly by but here we are in that "new" starting place again. Coffee and corn muffins some jam and juice.

I've been cooking for Devon's b'day party today and hoping the sky will clear up, not looking like an outside day. Been rather busy so sorry haven't really been around, this too will change :crossfingers: haha.

Have a great Sunday everyone, will catch ya when I can.

Big Hugs all round,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
05-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Good morning Elaine and good luck with the party.

idylbrush
05-22-2011, 10:37 PM
The whole day has been a struggle. Fighting everything, especially the emotional stuff. Started a new work and doing some experimental stuff.

Wanting to move the blood lilies, just not sure when to do it. Marked where they are to make it a bit easier.

Made more applesauce today.

Other than that, I am waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

KristinaB
05-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Today has been HOT, HOT and HOT all day. MIL had a problem yesterday afternoon and popped her knee real bad. She is unable to walk on it. Went to the ER by ambulance this morning. Nothing broken or dislocated. She was concerned since she has knee replacements and that one has been giving her problems since she got it. (8 years now) She was brought by ambulance back home and since it was different one, they had a bigger gurney and it would not fit through the doorways. They supported her and she walked with her walker back to her room. I am so proud of her.

The A/C in the house is not working and MIL called all the service guys and no one will come out. She's been calling off and on for 6 weeks. Well, my hubby called his class instructor fro the A/C tech school he went to and he will come out tomorrow afternoon and check it.

It's too hot to paint outside and since MIL won't let me paint inside, I have not done much of anything. Hoping to get back into it very soon.

OkeeKat
05-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Hello all!!
Had a great weekend at the Painting workshop, was really informative and learned lots. Enjoyed the folks there and the instructor, Roger Bansemer, what a nice guy!
Did two paintings one not quite finished so going to work on that today.
Met a client today who wants some football designs on her childrens Letters for their walls, just the first initial. will be interesting!

hi and hugs to all!!
Elaine, hope the party went well.
Hi Shirl!!
Howard, I love applesauce, look forward to seeing your new work
Kristine, sorry to hear about your MIL, hope her knee improves.

Shirl Parker
05-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi Kathie :wave:

lissachicka
05-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Guess who's back? The constant flip flopping in weather has wreaked havoc on my allergies, so all I've wanted to do is sleep. Can't really do much art if you're laying in bed. LoL

Wow, Kristina. What's wrong with the service guys down there that they won't come look at the a/c? Is it just that busy down there right now, or is it an older model, or what? o.O

PattiLou
05-24-2011, 11:50 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-May-2011/125378-birthday.gif Happy Birthday Mary http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/../Community/images/24-May-2011/125378-birthday.gif
Hope your day is wonderful and filled with family and fiends.

Lady Carol
05-24-2011, 12:35 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-May-2011/11811-22382-bouncing_birthday.gif

idylbrush
05-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Happy Birthday Mary, hope it is something really special for you.

Raymo
05-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Happy Birthday Mary !!!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/wink-kiss-034.gif

idylbrush
05-24-2011, 10:00 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-May-2011/36241-calzone.jpg
dinner

RPut
05-25-2011, 12:19 AM
A quick Pop in! Happy Birthday Mary, hope you had a good day!

idylbrush
05-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Much to my surprise this morning in the garden I found my yellow daylily was in bloom. I have a difficult time with daylilies for some reason and to find one in bloom made me happy.

At lunch time today I went out and actually purchased a sandwich which I am not supposed to eat and I'll be damned if I didn't eat the whole thing. And without a doubt, after all was said and done, I had no guilt.

I am working on a new painting and I am not sure where it's going yet. I am also working on a new mask and not sure where that is going yet. I did however find some wonderful paper yesterday at the art supply and really looking forward to using it somehow somewhere.

My Bluetooth headset for my voice recognition program has decided to break and tomorrow the on its way out to California to be fixed or replaced. The earpiece which is a rubber material that is completely disintegrating and the battery life is down to just a few hours which is supposed to be around eight hours. So something isn't quite right.

Over the next few weeks it appears that I'm going to be going through a bunch testing. Unfortunately, in this day and age, one never talks to Dr. anymore. You talk to the doctor's assistant or the doctor's assistant assistant or the doctor's assistant assistant assistant but never the doctor. I have questions which nobody wants to answer and the doctors won't return my phone calls.

So who cares.

The weather here has turned quite warm and I do not venture outside the house after about 10 o'clock in the morning. Since my radiation therapy I have found that extremes in hot and cold are no longer tolerable. I do my best to avoid it.

Tomorrow I deliver the death masks to the gallery. They are actually going to be using one of them for their poster, their website, and their summer marketing plans. Imagine that.

I am back to an artistic slump again. Not sure how long this one is going to last. All I really wante is to play right now and I can't even find any joy in that.

idylbrush
05-25-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2011/36241-quesadilla.jpg

RPut
05-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Howard, that's what I had for supper!

Lots going on here. Trying to wrap up school--not successful at cleaning and organizing my room.....Too many meetings and interuptions. Oh and procrastination.....

Though not the tragedies of the flooding and tornadoes in other parts of the country, we are going through our own drama here. Montana has had record rainfalls and the snow melt from the mountains is just beginning and all that water is making it's way through the Yellowstone River to the Missouri and has FILLED up our Lake Sakakawea. The corps has begun to release water from the Garrison Dam and there are a lot of people, neighborhoods, communities that will have flooding this weekend. There is sandbagging and people moving out of their homes to prepare for the water that is here and more coming. They say we are facing a 100 year flood and much of the south part of town will flood. Fortunately, my home is in the north part of Bismarck and way up high!! But many of my friends and colleagues are in trouble. The big problem is that this release of water will last for weeks/months. We are expecting continous flooding possibly into July or August....That's a long time for people to be out their homes and we may to need to open our home to help others. We shall see what the next week or two will bring.

Meanwhile, trying to figure out how to get a car to Robbie in Kansas. I guess I will be in for a long drive soon and a oneway ticket to fly home...

Well, hubby is asking for help with reports. Gotta go to work--LOL

OkeeKat
05-26-2011, 12:06 AM
hi all, quick hi and off to bed, long day today, went to a celebration of life today, my next door neighbor passed away on friday nite, being cremated she onlly wanted a celebration of her life with friends and family rather then a mourning and services. was nice.. Her hubby is doing well, she was very sick for a long time. she took a nap before dinner and never woke, best way to go peacefully.
then packed joe and my suitcases, off to visit daughter after work tomorrow for weekend, can't wait to see the kiddies!! SIL be home towards the end of June, countdown begins!!!:clap:
will try to get online when I can this weekend,
Howard, will try to reach you via phone!
Hugs to all!!:wave:

noodle1
05-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi,

All of a sudden I'm out of time before the day begins..lol once the kids get settled and the birthdays end for a bit that may happen. Sorry I've been missing. Working on this crazy cake for Jess's birthday party Saturday, been seeing these called the Topsy Turvy Cake and they're so ridiculously silly and very cool, they want 250.00 to start for one of them, so being me I thought hmmm I can do that...LOL Well not really sure I can but am going to try.
Layers which are many are cut at angles and the whole thing looks like it's going to fall over, which it might..haha lots of construction here, but at the moment I'm relieving my sculptural instincts and making the decorations out of Fondant..lots to go.

Howard I know a number of people may not believe me or consider it almost an invitation to live but scripture tells us 'everything in moderation' and ya know what in all the things we are "not" suppose to eat there is something in them we need to eat. Not saying all the fast food stuff but I guess I've always believed that the body was made to accommodate the food it ate, the drinks we drank so long as it was in moderation, even our lungs can be rid of most of what's floating around so long as we don't add to it like with smoking or sniffing all the white powder garbage..haha but I'm really happy you had something you enjoy and something you were told you shouldn't, frees up the spirit and I honestly think that's why there is no guilt for any of us, if I only ate what they said I can't imagine eating at all...:D Plus the system is being bombarded by medication it's told it "must" take, my goodness reading some of the possible side effects you have to wonder was the body really meant to filter all that crap or were we just suppose to eat as well as we could and everything in moderation....sorry philosophizing but seriously ya know..haha Oooooh I just knew those masks were going to be a focal point..bravo.

Ruthie my goodness that is a really bad and a serious happening, I will be praying for all those who have to leave their homes, you're so good to be thinking of opening yours. Glad you are on higher ground.

HI to Raymo my man must say I've missed your stalking presence..haha how are you? Mary oh dear missed your Birthday well many Hugs and Cheers for a great year to come, hope it was a great one!!, Carol, Kristina, Kathie, Patti, loosing my list memory oops. Well to everyone.

Okay back to the sticky stuff, have a great day everyone will catch you eventually. Be well, happy and enjoy the moments.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

PattiLou
05-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Ruthie, sorry to hear about all the flooding up your way. We are in Wyoming and there is flooding all over the place. I-90 at the Montana border has been closed all week and looks like it will continue to be closed for awhile. They had quite a traffic jam when people ignored the signs or when one guy ran into the "road closed sign" and kept on going. Some people! The Yellowstone River is causing havoc and you can't even get into Yellowstone NP from the east entrance. Guess we won't be going there and I put my camera away, overcast skies are not very inspiring:lol:

Elaine that cake sounds interesting. Show us a picture before it topples over.:D You could always take a skewer and put it down the middle, like a big toothpick, to hold it together.

Hi Kathie:wave: Have a great visit and stay out of the nasty weather. Looks like more storms brewing today. I wish whoever it was that po'd mother nature would appologize! Enough already. We have only had one day when it did not rain in the last 12 or so days. I'm loosing my normally cheerful state of mind.:rolleyes:

Ok, I'm off to find something to do inside the confines of the motorhome. Maybe I'll paint a blue sky on the window!:evil: :lol:

Shirl Parker
05-26-2011, 11:26 AM
And yet we've only had a dribble in the last three months :eek:

idylbrush
05-26-2011, 09:31 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2011/36241-fromthegarden.jpg

That is a regular sized ear of corn and the beans are the first of the oriental long beans from the garden. The one measured 27" long. Two were more than enough for dinner.

It would appear as though I ran all day long and got so little done. Every time I attempted to accomplish something, a roadblock would go up. The best laid plans and all that other stuff. So start again tomorrow.

I did deliver the masks to the gallery today and they were exceptionally well received. I got a note from the gallery owner this evening praising them and asking me if it was all right if she hung the five masks together and the two paintings separately. I have no issue with that of all. At this point in time I am thrilled to even have them out there. Her descriptive of the series so far has been “powerful”. Can't ask for more than that. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the opening evening as much as I would like to. I have a few things are going That will be getting in the way that day. I will be in no condition to go to an opening.

On the other hand she did extend my contract another six months so I'm not complaining at all. a very nice lady. Shame sales aren't better. Just a rough time of year and a rough economy.

Tonight I am absolutely exhausted. Beginning early in the morning I have to head to the hospital for a test and then pick up my dog and get her to the vet for her annual and then hopefully be done for the day. Since I am working on a new mask, maybe I will have a bit of time for that. Much of it is going depend on how my energy level is doing.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2011/36241-stelladoro.jpg

Using mostly vegetables from the garden I was able to make a rather nice dinner this evening. I had frozen baby lima beans, oriental long beans, corn, and shredded chicken. I added a little bit of chicken broth and tarragon along with some pepper and spice mix and had a rather respectable dinner next time around I may add some onion and possibly some rice. A nice brown rice might work.

I tried to watch slum dog millionaire last night and just found it to be too depressing. Sent it back today after watching only 45 min. of it. Great movie, just didn't hit me right. At the moment I'm looking for things a bit more lighthearted. That was not the movie to watch.

I seem to have lost my chair again. It's hiding there somewhere. I just need to catch up on more paperwork again I'm dwindling some of the piles back down. There are just some times that life seems absolutely insane. Recently that's the way it's been.

I have recently been making homemade applesauce. When economically feasible I buy the organic variety apples but when not I buy apples that have a good price and then wash them with the vegetable and fruit cleaner to remove as much of the excessive junk as possible. I then cut the apples up add a little bit of water, a dash of cinnamon, and a pinch of cloves and boil it/simmer it for about 30 min. I was able to get an attachment for my KitchenAid which strains everything out except for the actual sauce. The sauce goes in one direction the skins, the pits, everything else goes elsewhere. I add no sugar and it is without a doubt the best applesauce I've ever had. Whenever possible I like to blend two or three different varieties but sometimes it's just not possible. I have fresh applesauce in the refrigerator almost all the time. At the moment, because of some dental issues I cannot eat raw apples so applesauce is my alternative.

Tomorrow starts another day the beginning of the American Memorial day weekend. I am having a picnic on Sunday with some family members which should be a lot of fun. The last big hurrah of spring.

RPut
05-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Howard, those green beans look amazing! Would love the corn too. Hope your garden dinner helps with energy and you are feeling better. Sorry you are missing your opening. I agree with the term "Powerful" regarding your work. Good Luck!

I stayed late at school to clean up and organize, when I gathered things up to go home, NO KEYS. Well, I got there didn't I? Then where could they be??? Couldn't find them anywhere--not in the car either (wasn't locked). And because it was late, no one was around. Hubby was out town and daughter working. Called a few friends, but everyone is busy with the flood issues and it took a few calls to find a friend to come and get me so I could go home. Hope they turn up tomorrow...... Have a feeling they may have slid off my desk and into the garbage. And we had a pizza party today, so the garbage was emptied a couple times and the dumpster is sooooo full, there is no way I would find them. :crossfingers: Maybe someone found them and turned them into the office, or maybe one of my kids has them.......
Oh, and the second set? Well those were lost a few years ago--that's why I am so careful with my keys and can't understand how they can be missing!!!! ERG. So had to leave my car at school.

The flooding issue here just keeps growing. They are now saying that we will reach a level of 4 ft above flood stage as the corps will be releasing even more water from the dam next week. At least people have had time to pack up, move, sand bag and prepare. Dikes and levees are being frantically built before the water gets any higher. These levels are expected to stay through most of the summer.....

Just rented a boat slip last week and now have to get the boat out as the marina will be under water--oh, wait, I can't find the keys........:lol:

Last day of school tomorrow!!!

PattiLou
05-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Ruthie, the one and only time I lost my keys was because my then two year old daughter had taken them out of my purse and put them in her toy box. Took awhile, and some intensive questioning, to find them:lol: Hope you find yours tomorrow. Also hope the flood is not as bad as predicted.

We had a little patch of blue sky late this afternoon. Very little and very late, too late to do anything... but what can you do when it is only a small patch? Wasn't even big enough to stick my toes in the patch of sun it created.:D Overcast skies are becoming the norm.:(

Howard those are the longest green beans I have ever seen. Do you have them tied up with telephone poles or what.:lol:

idylbrush
05-27-2011, 08:49 PM
. I didn't sleep last night at all and was up at 630 for the second time by 730 or was down at the hospital getting some tests done. Got home picked up the animals and went to the vets. They now have their rabies shots for the year and a quick little check over. I had to pick up a few medications for them and the bill was still hundred and $40. spend most of the afternoon on the telephone making arrangements for next week. Went to the market and picked up some produce so I can make coleslaw for the weekend. For dinner this evening I just couldn't face much of anything so I made waffles. Nothing else just waffles.

I did manage to run my new sunglasses through the washing machine and dryer. They certainly are clean now.

A friend has come over and I have been working on his iPad for several hours now trying to get a few movies and things onto it that he wants and that is just about done. I have one more movie to translate what should be done in the next three hours and then I'm done.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to try and rest. Next week is going to be exceedingly busy and strenuous. I'm going to try and rest up as best I can.

Mother sent me a new quilt in the mail today. I'm not sure that it would actually qualify as a quilt although uses a lot of quilting techniques. She buys fabric that has the patterns already built into it and layers it with batting and another fabric and then sews a together and calls it a quilt. It's a lovely little napping quilt. One can never have enough Quilts can they?

PattiLou
05-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Quilts are great Howard, especially in weather like this.......
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2011/125378-IMG_8761w_WY_Sheridan_SnowRain.jpg
Went for a short ride yesterday (got cabin fever) but it started raining while we were out so cut that ride short. Took this through the windshield so I could keep the camera dry. Had to time the shot between the windshiled wiper swish.

Today we had visitors to the campground. Had fun watching them and I took some pictures through the window because I knew if I opened the door it would scare them away.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2011/125378-IMG_8783w_WY_Sheridan_MuleDeer.jpg
Mule Deer

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2011/125378-IMG_8791w_WY_Sheridan_MuleDeer.jpg
One young deer had a bum leg, don't know if it was broken or what.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2011/125378-IMG_8794w_WY_Sheridan_MuleDeer.jpg
The herd crossed the fence and he kept walking along trying to find a way to get across... finally found a broken spot.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2011/125378-IMG_8801w_WY_Sheridan_MuleDeer.jpg
I know he couldn't hear me because I was inside... but he sure looked right at me, lol.

We actually had some sun today. I almost forgot what it looked like. It was 36 degrees this morning and I could have used Howards guilt.:lol:

idylbrush
05-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Ruth, don't feel to bad, I manage to lose my keys three times a week, only for short periods of time but still with panic.

Had homemade waffles last night with real maple syrup. Margarine instead of butter, Dernit!

Put my magnetic sunglasses through the washer and drier yesterday. Boy are they clean now, smellmeadow fresh as well lol.

My Bluetooth VR headset had to go away this week. Earpiece and battery giving me issues. Hopefully it will be replaced.

noodle1
05-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

Patti is that snow, where was that??? Poor little deer, now see I'd be out there trying to help him and get my ars kicked...roflol.

Howard that is one heck of a bean..how cool.

I had posted a pix of my cake for Jess in the Greenie's room, floral gals and all..haha didn't come out exactly but thought I'd share it with you guys too.
Took forever and it started to melt was so humid here so before I go have to smooth out some icing and tweak it a bit..haha just like my paintings..haha
Now to get it there safely on the ride up the mountain.

I cannot believe this week is gone already, time it seems is just whizzing by for me which er just means I get older by the minute..haha

Hope everyone has a great weekend, hoping that the due to happen thunder storm doesn't Lori decorated the whole outside, fingers crossed it just passes or is way later in the evening. All my poppies came out and they were so pretty then it poured each night and beat them to death..haha
I'll have to be content day dreaming in Howard's garden.

Happy Memorial Day weekend, hope you all have a good one, no parades round me this year but Goshen always has this Arts n Crafts weekend this time won't get to go but will have to go through it..haha See ya tomorrow then.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Jessie's cake
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-May-2011/139027-Side-of-Cake.jpg

RPut
05-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Oh Elaine, what a Beautiful Cake! I bet that was FUN to make!!

Well, weird story---I suspected my keys were on my desk and somehow slipped off into the garbage. We had had a pizza party and the garbage was taken out a couple times that day. I also discovered some things missing from my desk. The young lady that has been caught before with things from the room, happened to come in and so I called her to my desk and just opened the drawer and looked at her. She looked at me and then looked away. Then started opening her backpack and then said, "oh my mom took it out...." So then I asked her about my keys and she said they slid off into the garbage when she had her backpack on my desk to give me her library book that day. She saw them in there and didn't say or tell me anything. ERG. So relayed the story to the custodian, however, when I came to school this morning the dumpster was empty so I was not expecting any recovery....About an hour later the custodian came in with my KEYS!! He didn't have it all out there as it was too full and he knew we had had pizza, so he looked through those bags and there they were!!!
Meanwhile my car had already been towed....(I made the little girl come out and watch it...I also called the mom...) and when hubby went down to the car place to stop the rest of the process, he car shopped.
And now I have a new car......
Last Day of School----what a day!

eyepaint
05-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Elaine that cake is gorgeous!!! Is all of it edible? (... inducing a diabetic coma...???)

idylbrush
05-29-2011, 12:22 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-May-2011/36241-bloodlilies.jpg