PDA

View Full Version : Tiger

pencilportraits
05-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new in terms of posting but not in terms of visiting which I do quite often and follow many projects/artworks etc. I'm pretty poor at finishing anything which isn't a commission so anything I start which is my own choice I get bored with and put to one side for it never to be completed! I figure if I post here it will spur me on to get my backside in gear as it would be embarrassing not to, so please nag me into getting it done!
By the way I'm a massive fan of many artists on here and I've learnt a lot from you all even though you don't know me so thanks to everybody!!!
So here it is, this is the early stage of my tiger in colour pencils. I'm not sure how big the final piece will be (again if I finish it) but I don't tend to plan or work things out, I just get stuck in anywhere I fancy really!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2011/143493-tiger_wildlife_art_3.jpg

KJSieloff
05-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Wow!!! I just browsed your website, you are a fantastic artist!! Please, please finish this so we can see!!!! I love the eyes especially on this cat, they are beautiful!!

Kate

pencilportraits
05-19-2011, 01:23 PM
thanks Kate, I really do need spurring on. I am probably about to be made redundant so I may need this as a back up between jobs!

FoggyMountain
05-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Wow, with the talent you have (checked your site as well), I'd be finishing as many pieces as possible!

wildlifeart89
05-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Looks stunning so far...I'm definitely a victim of starting something, getting excited about it, and then getting bored! Anyways, the softness you've created is beautiful.:D
Paige

I decided to check your site as well...WOW. Love your work!:)

Kyllikki
05-19-2011, 10:08 PM
This is amazingly beautiful!!! I can just hope together with the others that you will finish this one... I have to go check out your website...

RADAR
05-19-2011, 10:14 PM
oh man! You must finish this one to not do so would be a grave injustice!

stirling
05-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Yes got to finish this one,looks like a winner.

Best from mike.

Lisa M
05-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Welcome! Your CP work is masterful. I love the horses on your website. I think I'll be looking for more of your work!!

pencilportraits
05-20-2011, 12:33 PM
thanks all, I really suffer from a lack of self confidence and a lack of imagination but they say if you don't try you'll never succeed so now I've started I have to finish, perhaps this was a good idea to post on here to kick myself into gear!
Thanks to you all for your wonderful comments, I feel quite pleased with myself!

KJSieloff
05-20-2011, 02:19 PM
If you suffer from a lack of confidence, then you definitely need to be here! We can fix that issue in short order...just keep posting your work. I've said it once, I'll say it again - your work is fantastic!! Please share more!!! You said you are about to be made redundant - this is your OPPORTUNITY to move into this full time instead...hint hint!!! :)

PatrickHedges
05-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Oh yes!!! This looks the goods!!

snowfall
05-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Come on girl...you can do it!!!!
Beautiful piece, it deserves to be finished. I've checked your website/blog too, your work is great. Hope things work out the way you want.

Pam