PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration in all things

cranium
03-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Hi This is my first time to this site. Very interesting.

I have always been a very avid reader and love words, and see the beauty in everything. I crave being creative in one way or another. I must have a challenge going all the time or I feel like I am starving to death for intelligent life.
It is very interesting to read about the thought of words playing a big part in art work and vice versa. I too have a book or two planned, I just can not work fast enough to get all of my projects done and on to the next one.
I always am amazed and stupified to hear someone say they are bored.

Rural
03-06-2003, 03:54 PM
I agree about words and art and sometimes when my children said they were 'bored' I used to reply that only boring people get bored.

Think about the words of a poem by Yeats
' Of night and light and the halflight'
I intend to paint a picture of this theme.
the poem is call 'He wishes for the cloths of heaven'

Rose Queen
03-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by cranium

"In art, truth that is boring is not true." - Isaac Bashevis Singer

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

Viridian
03-08-2003, 06:26 PM
It might possible that people who get 'bored' may just not know about all the options or what else is out there. If you feel that your creativity is drained at some point... it could just mean that one should busy themselves with something else until things can recharge. Some people may see this as an obstacle and think that they have become become bored because their creativity drained. It may just be a way of our creative nature hinting to us that we should not limit ourselves to the media/um that we are using. To put a creative slant onto something Ruby Rod said in the Fifth Element,... " I don't want just ONE position! I want ALL positions!"
M:)

rapolina
04-15-2003, 10:02 AM

Ciao, I'm also new to this forum, i'm going around wet canvas forums just because i have no work to do now in my office, so i'm curious of what i have never time to read. And it's interesting!

I love painting watercolors, mostly abstract and colorful, and whren i cannot paint i design new paintings in my mind, i look around looking for something interesting. looking thing in different way new ideas often born!

surely Rulal is right saying that only boring people get bored.
I have so much things i'd love to do that... even sleeping is amusingin late night!! :D :D :D

hope to learn more in this forum, hopinw that job won't overhelm me!!!;)

ciao, rapolina.

Rural
04-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Dear Rapolina,

The way that I replied to my children when they complained of boredom, was really to get them to snap out of it. It was really 'tounge in cheek' as we call it. It must have worked I cannot keep up with them now.

DanaT
04-15-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Rural
I agree about words and art and sometimes when my children said they were 'bored' I used to reply that only boring people get bored.

LOL, a little bit different from what Richard Carlson told his children. When they complained. he said, "Great, have fun being bored" His point was that we've gotten so addicted to sensory stimulation that when we don't get the levels we're used to we go into withdrawal. But we don't NEED to be stimulated every minute of every waking day.

I suspect though that he thought of it originally the same way you did, :evil: as just a means for getting the little brats to shut up and get off your back for just a moment or two rather than running to you for everything.

Hey it worked for him too and he got an insight out of it which turned to a million selling book.

LarrySeiler
04-15-2003, 04:07 PM

Actually...as I have told my own sons and teenagers, one gift I am going to thank God for when I see Him face to face, is the gift of "boredom"...

If we did not get bored, we'd be content to do nothing all day long but perhaps stare at a fly walking its way about a wall and ceiling.

Boredom is something we seek to escape from. The issue is not boredom itself, but that which we choose to escape "boredom" with. I have sought to raise a high standard, a high bar for myself...and do it thru the arts, visual and musical.

Now...I hope people are just bored enough to come out and hear me perform, or take in a grouping of my paintings....

Larry

gillyvu
04-15-2003, 10:03 PM
In defence to all of us bored, boring people! Boredom is a great thing that people waste by complaining about. Most people say they are bored to avoid doing something else. And as I tell some of my teachers; Boredom and laziness is a sign of intelligence. THey don't buy it... but one day i'll find a teacher who does! I'm not bored often though, mostly when i'm tired, frustrated, SO HAPPY or sad. So, my defence!

rapolina
04-17-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by LarrySeiler

If we did not get bored, we'd be content to do nothing all day long but perhaps stare at a fly walking its way about a wall and ceiling.

Larry

interesting point of view. There's lot of truth in it, i've never thought this way till now.
thank you Larry!

ciao, rapolina.

calvo
04-18-2003, 06:56 AM
Boredom is often accompanied by a sense of restlessness and dissatisfaction, and may be the first step in creativity: if you aren't bored, then you're satisfied, and if you're satisfied, why create anything new?

Calvo

O'Connor
06-05-2003, 07:43 PM
One man's boredom is another mans $3573 vacation to Aruba to sit on the beach for hours! :cool:

paintergirl
06-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by calvo
Boredom is often accompanied by a sense of restlessness and dissatisfaction, and may be the first step in creativity: if you aren't bored, then you're satisfied, and if you're satisfied, why create anything new?

Calvo

I am inclined to agree ...boredom in my painting methods leads to big changes as the restlessness seems to take over. I often make my biggest strides as an artist when I want a radical change...

I do remind my 2 teens that when they are bored , they should be thankful for that luxury. There are too many countries around the world where children as young as 9-10 ( and adults too )must labor continously to help keep the family afloat and stave off starvation . We have to remember to count our blessings along the way ... Boredom is a rich man's disease ...