PDA

View Full Version : Scratchy Corner April 26-May 2

Celticelf
04-26-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm jumping in and starting this because I don't want to do any more work today and I still have 1/2 an hour to go and I don't have anything worthwhile to report. If I survive this next week library renovation will be officially over:clap: :clap: :clap: at least the inside portion. Outside can take care of itself. I have some pictures I want to post in the next couple of days. I am doing sketches and scanning photos to create a couple of fantasy boards, but I am so blessed with boards at the moment that I have to decide just how big I want to go. Hugs to all who are hurting both physically and emotionally and congrats to all who are shining bright!

lorna12
04-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Can't wait to see your dancing eyeball Terri! Get to work!:lol:

I took this photo earlier today...watched these 2 for about 15 min. pussi footing around each other (excuse the expression:lol: )...happy to say no animals were hurt during the filming...the squirrel jumped off with the cat in hot pursuit but she never had a chance...the squirrel was too fast!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2011/11613-Squirrel_and_cat_017sm.jpg

Snuzin Susan
04-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Ha ha nice photo Lorna!

I found this picture of Australia on the internet and thought I'd share it with out friends. It gave me a good laugh.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2011/58995-australia-map-accurate.jpg

Ha ha
-Susan

lorna12
04-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Boy, someone must have had a bad experience there...sheesh!

artofnature
04-27-2011, 12:35 AM
That's funny Susan. haven't seen that before. Don't be too put off by that folks. it's a fabulous country to visit and live in.

Love your photo Lorna. Mmmmm snow. Wish we could get some of that a bit closer to us here.

PatrickHedges
04-27-2011, 12:59 AM
I like the "Danni Minogue" :lol: The most dangerous creature of all :lol:

sandrawillard
04-27-2011, 01:19 AM
I love Lorna's pic! I'm so glad no animals were harmed! :D

Danni is Kylie's sister, right? Other than that I have no idea what she does. Is she an actress/singer?

Here is a photo I took this weekend:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2011/196482-DPP_0241edited.jpg

Found this lovely family crossing a shopping mall parking lot which was very scary but so many people stopped to help them find their way to a local pond (including my husband and I). They made it safe and sound!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2011/196482-DPP_0257editedswimming.jpg

lorna12
04-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Awww...that's so cute. I think the geese here are still trying to nest...there's still so much snow around.(but it's going fast these days!)

NancyPH
04-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Love that pic Lorna! Very much like my own cats. Occasionally they actually catch something.

Yeah, I would say someone did have a bad experience in Australia. I would still like to go there someday, just because of all the animals. I also love their accent. It's funny how it's similar but yet very different from the Brits. Definitely distinctive.

artofnature
04-27-2011, 03:38 AM
Hey Nancy - 'ow ya goin' mate!

lorna12
04-27-2011, 03:46 AM
:lol: I didn't know the animals had accents! :wink2:

Rodman
04-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Cool pix girls!!! I've been to OZ 2 times... in and around the Brisbane area..then up to Cairns. Love the people!!! I had everything from Harley rider people to some of the most senior of aussies, invite me to dinner/ beers/ lawn bowls/show me around... Everyone was soooo nice. I've kicked the idea around about trying to retire there.

artofnature
04-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Ya better wait till the US $ improves its ranking against the Oz $ Rodman. Good for us but not so good for you guys.

Beers are good here. Lawn bowls eh? or White Leghorns as they are known here. he he. I played a couple of rounds a few years ago. Stood in boiling hot sun for nearly 3 hours on the verge of sunstroke only to be beaten by a 95 year old pensioner lady.

Crias
04-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Great pics everyone!

I am 98% ready for my art fair this weekend. It is a show I didn't sell much in last year, but they have moved it to a new location that I think will attract more people and hopefully more sales. After this weekend I think I get a normal week to actually maybe get some art done!

artofnature
04-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Looks like you might be on a roll Cathy. Hopefully you will as successful with this one as you were at the last one. Good luck with it all.

PatrickHedges
04-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Just working on this pastel - very happy with it so far. I have an article to write for Australian Artist and am submitting the WIP for this. I hope I don't stuff up. It's 18" x 12"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2011/60252-DSC09790_.JPG

artofnature
04-27-2011, 10:24 AM
OMG Patrick. I thought it was the reference photo. Amazing work. Haven't seen too many of your pastels. You certainly are a master of them if this is any indication

theBoardLady
04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
WOW, Patrick, this is gorgeous! The skin color looks fabulous. May I ask which colors you used? They'll just love it.

Diana Lee
04-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I have wanted to go to Australia since I was a little girl, trust me, that's been a very long time! I am still hoping to go!

Sandra, I have been wanting to do a mom and trailing babies for years, but never found the right image. Are you going to put that in RIL? (Hint)

Cathy, you knock their socks off!!!

Patrick I LOVE it!!!!!

Diana

Crias
04-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Patrick - I actually LOVE the incomplete look of this piece as it is now!! He already has so much life and that skin is fabulous! Wow!! I hope you will post the completed work as well.

lorna12
04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Wow Patrick...your pastel work rivals Dianna Ponting...what she does for still lifes, you do in portraits. I was thinking the same as Cathy...it's kinda neat the way it is right now. Awesome awesome work!

Australia has been my dream since I was a young'un, too...ever since I first read about kangaroos and koalas and opals.(my birthstone)

Rodman
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
WOWSIER!!!!! Patrick....stunning work...sooooo alive. I'm torn on the finished/unfinished look....i'm sure what ever you do will ROCK!!! wow

PaintDog
04-27-2011, 04:55 PM
OMG Patrick - what a stunning piece (jaw drop). I had no idea you were also a pastel master. Love the color you chose for the paper.

Have a great weekend with lots of sales, Cathy!

annamelia
04-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Ha ha nice photo Lorna!

I found this picture of Australia on the internet and thought I'd share it with out friends. It gave me a good laugh.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2011/58995-australia-map-accurate.jpg

Ha ha
-Susan

This is typical Aussie humor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

annamelia
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Just working on this pastel - very happy with it so far. I have an article to write for Australian Artist and am submitting the WIP for this. I hope I don't stuff up. It's 18" x 12"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2011/60252-DSC09790_.JPG

You won't stuff up Patrick, this is awesome! So another mag I will need to buy with your work in it.

PatrickHedges
04-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks guys :) and Lorna, Dianna Ponting? Really? You are a total gem. I can only dream, just like I can dream about reaching your heights in scratchboard. Oh well...... :wink2:

Diane, this particular post (http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13777554&posted=1#post13777554) shows the individual colours I'm using in various areas but the main thing is the choice of paper in the first place. I got it wrong on one portrait and ended up fighting it all the way to the finish. This seems to be the perfect choice for this one though.

PatrickHedges
04-28-2011, 06:43 AM
The completed piece

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2011/60252-African_Future_800.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2011/60252-African_Future_closeup_01.jpg

lorna12
04-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Absolutely wonderful Patrick...he's a cute kid, too! I stand by what I said before...your pastel portraits are fantastic!

artofnature
04-28-2011, 07:28 AM
That's b____ amazing Patrick. Geez you are a master of this pastel process. Love to see some more of these from you. You have a knack of choosing such interesting subjects that just totally draw the viewer in. I love this.

FoggyMountain
04-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Such awesome work Patrick. I have to go read through that other thread now. You're a fantastic artist!

Diana Lee
04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Amazing! I sure hope you are proud of yourself!!!

Diana

Crias
04-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Patrick I have loved all of your pastel pieces that I have seen... but I do believe, in my opinion, that this one is your best yet! Truly stunning!

Buggin3
04-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I absolutely love this piece, Patrick!! Wow!! :thumbsup:

03ahmed
04-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Awesome Patrick!!!

Makes me want to go back to pastels, even though I only did 3 pieces with them and they were still life!!:lol:

NancyPH
04-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Gorgeous work Patrick, but you know I love your pastel work as much as your scratching! :D

Obedec
04-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Patrick, do you think the two mediums enhance each other, i.e., the stronger you are in one, the better you become in the other. I'll be pulling my pastels out shortly. This is such an awesome piece!

pamelalbd
04-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Purdy Awesome there Patrick! You sure know how to wield a pastel stick around!

PatrickHedges
04-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys :) I really appreciate the comments. You know, my wife actually thinks I should do pastels only :lol: I told her "No way"!!!! To me, I love the results of pastels for sure but I prefer the process of scratchboard and we spend more time in the process than the result so it's important to love the process. Having said that, I enjoy the process of pastels too but it can be frustrating too

Patrick, do you think the two mediums enhance each other, i.e., the stronger you are in one, the better you become in the other. I'll be pulling my pastels out shortly. This is such an awesome piece!
Karen, great question. If it was a couple of years ago I'd have said no. I was less experienced in both, having not nailed down any technique in either, and it seemed like everytime I did a couple of pastels in a row, I would then have to re-learn my scratchboard technique - and vicky verca to. Now, I think it enhances my strength in both as they are both 'drawing' techniques, and my individual techniques are stronger. If one was using a brush I think I'd struggle.

lorna12
04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Hey guys...look what just came to visit us right in our front yard! I wasn't as close as it looks like as you'll see in the 2nd pic.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2011/11613-Bear_spring_2011_011s.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2011/11613-Bear_spring_2011_012s.jpg

artofnature
04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
OMG Lorna! Is it a black bear or a brown bear? Bet you got a big surprise.

What do you think it was after? Last time i encountered one of these close up was in Algonquin Park many years ago when we paid a visit to Canada for a few weeks. Just sitting on the chair minding my own business and out of the bush it came. I dived for the camperbus real quick.

Oh what a beautiful place you have. Stunning trees, wildlife and a brook running through it. You are certainly blessed living there.

lorna12
04-28-2011, 10:14 PM
I have no idea what it was after Lesley...I suspect it was just wandering through. It was laying down beside the tree but when I went out with my camera I must have scared it. It's a black bear...we get a few going through every year. Last year we had one that stayed the whole afternoon eating dandelions...quite a little piggy!:D Thank you...we love where we live...most of the time. :lol:

pamelalbd
04-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Its a black bear...they can be tawny, brown, sandy,I've even seen one that you could only call blond... but they are all black bears. I believe the "brown bears" are in the grizzly family and have a hump :)!

lorna12
04-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Pamela...talk about blondes....we had a black bear after our garbage one night in Alberta that I swore was a polar bear when I turned on the light to see what the noise was!

caribouhills
04-29-2011, 03:48 AM
There is actually a white color phase black bear, saw one back a few years ago in SE Alaska in the daylight. It was white with a gold colored muzzle and the lower legs were also gold in color. I feel very lucky to have seen this bear, as I am sure I will never see another. They are commonly referred to as a spirit bear or ghost bear.

lorna12
04-29-2011, 04:03 AM
Boy that was lucky, Mark! I would love to be able to go to the BC coastal rain forest and see them myself. Apparently, there, one in 10 births is a white "spirit" bear. They aren't albino as some folks thought, either. There have been several documentary shows on them and even a movie made about saving them and their habitat from loggers.

artofnature
04-29-2011, 06:35 AM
oooh it's quiet around here. Are we all glued to the tele to watch the Royal Wedding. How noice!! It's such a fairytale. Can't resist a good Royal wedding. The Brits do it so well.

lorna12
04-29-2011, 07:21 AM
hehehe...that's what I'm doing...it was lovely...she was beautiful!

Rodman
04-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Lorna..WOW!

lorna12
04-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Rod...what! The bear? Cool huh...tonight just before dark there was a big moose on our front lawn about 15 feet from the house. Too dark to get a picture though. Hopefully they will be around when you guys come up here. :crossfingers:

artofnature
04-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Geez Lorna. There's never a dull moment around your place is there?

Oh that wedding is so romantic. You can just see the way he looks at her that he is very much in love with her. Brings back so many memories of the beautiful Lady Di though.

PatrickHedges
04-29-2011, 08:42 AM
So Lorna and Mark, does that spirit bear struggle to survive in the wild like a white lion does?

ARTMUTT
04-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Wow Patrick that pastel is gorgeous!! Congrats.
Love the picture with the geese--so cute.
Haven't been on in a while- had surgery and then two weeks to recover. Doing very well and ready to jump back into the mix.
I did start working on a new scratch while I was home but not sure how I like it at the moment. May post later for some assistance. Have a great day everyone.

Obedec
04-29-2011, 02:52 PM
I finally got word. I have a part time job with Oregon Coast Council for the Arts. It's part-time, through Experience Works. It will pay my rent. I'll be learning all the business side of art, including shows, plays, box office, and connections! I'll try to make up anything I cannot afford through garage sales, lawn mowing (never thought I'd say this, please stop raining for a while), and house/pet sitting. Also, I start on Monday, which is my birthday...I think that's called an "opportune moment". LOL

objectivistartist
04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Sounds good - full of possibilities, of contacts and all else, too.... :thumbsup:

Rodman
04-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Karen....you sound excited...good for you! I hope it works out on all fronts.
Patrick... I missedthe pastel finish until now. This will/does TOUCH people!!!
BethAnn. Glad your on the mend. :)

caribouhills
04-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Patrick, beautiful pastel. To answer your question about the white colored phase black bear. I think that the white color would have little impact on their lives, unlike the white lion. Since black bear are mostly vegetarians and very opportunistic, I would think that the color has little influence on their survival. Black bear in general are know to be very hard on moose calves and other new born ungulates. Also, unlike lions that live in prides, black bear are quite solitary critters. We also have what is called a glacier bear or blue bear, which is just another color phase of the black bear. They range in color from a black with silver hair mixed in, to almost white. They seem to be found mostly in northern Southeast Alaska, including the Yakutat area.

lorna12
04-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Patrick...As Mark said, I don't think they would have the kind of problems that the white lions do, but I think man is there only problem. Check out this link for some info on the spirit or Kermode white bears. http://www.kermode-terrace-bc.com/spiritbear.html

BethAnn...glad all is well with you! Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Karen Congratulations on the job!:thumbsup: Sounds great!

Our bear was back for a long time this morning...got some more pics. I watched him climb one tree almost to the top. I'm glad the sun was shining this time!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2011/11613-Bear_spring_s.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2011/11613-Bear_s.jpg

PatrickHedges
04-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the info Mark and Lorna. Interesting that both the lion and the bear have the recessive gene, not being albino.

Lorna, that bear is about as high as my youngest would climb. He's like that, only smaller but at least as dangerous (to himself :lol: )

emilycolors
04-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Cool pix Lorna! Glad the sun came out for you the second time!

Something fun... I got a caricature of me from Get D!rawn by Wardell Brown. If you "Like" his page on Facebook and send him your picture, he'll draw a picture of you for free! He chose my pic this time around! I look a bit crazed but that makes it even more fun!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2011/228504-223266_10150236754918132_52235683131_8876148_1960824_n.jpg (This is me working on scratchboard! :lol: )

Obedec
04-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Oh Emily! It's so "you". Love it really!

lorna12
04-30-2011, 05:28 AM
That is really great Emily! I love caricatures. I had one done many years ago at the Calgary Stampede and it's hilarious. It's still hangs here in my studio.

PaintDog
04-30-2011, 06:09 AM
That's cool, Emily! And you're on his blog too: http://wardellb.wordpress.com

Diane Cutter
04-30-2011, 05:16 PM
So much to comment on...

Patrick... Yes, pastels suit you but I understand the drive to scratch.
Lorna... Great photo

I watched the wedding, too. Couldn't sleep and woke up at 4 am to get all the pre-chatter as well as the whole show. Lovely, elegant and appropriate given the economic climate. I wish them well. They seem suited for each other.

I haven't been doing much art over the last few months because we've been getting our house ready to market. It's now listed so the big push to paint rooms, seal the roof, etc., an endless 'honey-do' list, is over and now I just need to keep it tidy. We tried this four years ago with no luck... Please think positive thoughts... I have a good feeling this time.

I have a mountain of images for new boards. I've got a wedding present to do by the end of May. I want to do aspens but can't find anything nice in the reference library. I thought I had some but they really don't have enough information. If anybody has any aspen photos they wouldn't mind sharing, please let me know...

Diane

MuttHut
05-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Well some good news for me, I entered a few pieces in a juried art show here in town. Only 29 pieces out of 70 entered were chosen to hang in the gallery from today, until may 28th and mine was one of them.

I didn't think I had a hope in h**l, but I geuss they liked "Waiting" my blue Heron, and chose it over the others. Hey one is better than nothing, then I get an email today from the gallery, they asked if I can bring in few more pieces to hang into our local performing arts center to hang in a show until the middle of July. hmmm maybe they did like the others as well.

Happy as a clam here, to say the least.

Wendy

artofnature
05-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Hey Wendy you little STAR! That is awesome. You must be feeling over the moon. It's so nice to have your work recognised. Can you post a pic of the one that was chosen?:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

lorna12
05-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Hey Wendy...that's wonderful news!! Congratulations! Makes you feel good doesn't it?:D:clap:

Diane Cutter
05-01-2011, 07:02 AM
That's super news, Wendy... Congratulations!!!

Diane

Crias
05-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Great news Wendy! Congrats!

My art fair yesterday was a bust. Only maybe 80 people walked through the whole day and all I sold was $10 in magnets. Many people sold nothing. It is in a new location from the past, which I thought would increase traffic, but not seeming to be the case. Too bad :( Today might be better, as the weather is nicer, but not really holding my breath too much.

I did take a little 8"x10" board that I am working on while there and made decent progress on it...so at least I am having a bit of time to work on my art...LOL :D

ARTMUTT
05-01-2011, 02:07 PM
That is awesome Wendy!!
Sorry to hear the sale isn't what you thought it would be Cathy.
Karen, nice that you get an early birthday present! Good luck it sounds like an interesting opportunity for you.

Obedec
05-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm thrilled for you Wendy.
Those lucky people to have anything of yours, Cathy.
Thanks Artmutt, that's exactly what I'm thinking.

artofnature
05-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Cathy, it's veyr much the same scenario here in Oz. Two local art shows here recently (I didn't exhibit in them as I am trying to get ready for a special one in a couple of weeks) had NO sales for the entire weekends.

I think it's a sign of the times A lot of people are struggling financially at the moment. But we just have to keep plugging away. It just takes that "special" person to walk through the door and "fall in love" with a piece and they just "have to have it".

Hope that person walks through the door for you today. Your work is so well done and so eye catching, if anything were to sell it would be yours. Let us know how you go. I will post any developments on my art show in a couple of weeks and let you know if I have any luck.

annamelia
05-01-2011, 10:34 PM
My news is that a friend and I entered a local Lions Art & Craft Show this weekend......her with jewellery and two of my scratchboards "Tabby Eyes" and "I'm Down Here", this was to raise funds for the Brisbane flood victims as a huge number of people are still not able to live in their homes.

The funny thing about this is that I phoned the convenor to check whether scratchboard art would be acceptable prior to entering, as my entries into the Brisbane Exhibition had been refused 2 years ago and they phoned to say they would set up a display of it and then when they saw my work I was told I could enter all of it.....at least last year they accepted my entries and one sold.

The convenor at this show asked me what scratchart was so I explained and he said it could go into "Craft" and I told him it was not craft and had to email photos so that he could see what it was all about and I was then given the go ahead.

The entry form did not specify categories or say it was a judged show and whether there were prizes etc. so it was a huge surprise to find that my "Tabby Eyes" had won
"Best of Mixed Media" where they thought my work should go, it also won the "People's Choice Award" and both my boards sold to the one lady. There were some fabulous paintings there and I was told that I'm Down Here" was their first sale so I had a pretty good weekend - I must admit I did drop the price to what I had on them in a previous show. My friend's jewellery also sold.

And on top of this I held my second scratch workshop on Saturday morning.

Here's a photo I took prior to knowing "Tabby Eyes" had sold.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2011/66135-Lions_Show2.jpg

Crias
05-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Congratulations Judy! I am so happy your work is doing well and selling too! Woo Hoo!

Today was quite a bit better than yesterday for me with the art fair, thankfully, and I sold a few prints and just got an e-mail from someone wanting to buy another framed print. It was a new show venue for us... in a large church. But the annoying thing about it was that the church does not allow sales within one hour of any church service. So all the people getting out of the services (the church has several thousand members) could look around, but not purchase anything for an hour. So they either had to stand around and wait for an hour or come back later on in order to buy things. I lost at least $120 in sales as a result of people that couldn't or didn't want to hang around for that hour. I doubt they will use this venue again, in part because of that requirement.

Oh well, in the long run, I paid my booth fee and turned a bit of a profit, which was better than many.

PatrickHedges
05-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Well done Cathy, and great news Lesley!! Well deserved - your "mixed media craft" is superb!!

I'm in process of getting a scratchboard workshop put together too at a nearby art shop that does lessons. I'm giving the first lesson for free to see what the demand is. Let's hope something comes of it.

richc
05-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Hi every one, I want to tell you about an art contest I took part in this weekend at the Sundance Resort in Utah. This show was run by Western Art Rodeo Association and run like a rodeo with compititions in 5 media events, oil painting, photography, dry medium, carving, and sculpture. All the events were judged live infront of an audience of artist and collectors. We were allowed to compete in 2 "go rounds" with the top 4 scores moving on to a final round for the big money. I finished 5th in both rounds for dry media but what an experience. If you want to see more about this concept of this art show go to www.westernartrodeoassociation.com (http://www.westernartrodeoassociation.com) It was great fun.
Rich

lorna12
05-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Wow...now that's what I like to read...Congratulations to all of you! Such good news about the sales and the prize wins. Big :thumbsup: to all!!

MuttHut
05-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Thanks Lesely, Lorna, Bethanne, Karen and Diane. I was really shocked to tell the truth, but happy.
The one that was picked is "Waiting" that I posted as a WIP here.
I don't have a pic if it framed yet, but this is the image.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2011/175493-Heron5-04.jpg

Now to decide what to take to the other venue.

Wendy

annamelia
05-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Well done Cathy, and great news Lesley!! Well deserved - your "mixed media craft" is superb!!

Did you mean me Patrick. :smug: :D Thank you anyway. I'm sure your workshop will be packed.....I had one very keen man do the workshop I had, all the others were women.

Cathy: Thank you - I think I got the biggest kick out of receiving the "People's Choice Award" more than anything, also received a nice bottle of wine too!!!!

I'm pleased you had a better day selling.

Lorna: Thanks a lot, at least more people down here are being made aware of scratchboard these days with publications and entering shows. :)

PatrickHedges
05-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Did you mean me Patrick. :smug: :D Oh yes, (he says as he slinks off to the corner to whack his head on the wall) :lol:

annamelia
05-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Oh yes, (he says as he slinks off to the corner to whack his head on the wall) :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Celticelf
05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Grabbing a moment to share pictures of my library as it has looked for the last 4 months.
THE CIRCULATION DESK
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-May-2011/95885-DSC02021.JPG
THE BATHROOMS
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-May-2011/95885-DSC02024.JPG
More to come. Just found I had to resize them. Happy week and congrats to all our AllStars!

Obedec
05-02-2011, 12:39 PM
I had all sorts of smart remarks going through my mind, Terri, but in the end, it's going to be wonderful for you!

lorna12
05-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Good to see you again Terri!:D Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics!

Celticelf
05-02-2011, 04:27 PM
A couple more views in the Library Virtual Tour. Seems I missed the air conditioning system - box fans in strategic locations and an igloo with ice.
FRONT ENTRANCE
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-May-2011/95885-renovation_front_door.JPG

KITCHEN
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-May-2011/95885-renovation_kitchen.JPG

Amazingly, we stayed open the full time, even the 9 days from H#@@ with no air conditioning.