PDA

View Full Version : Dark Jug with Brass Pitcher

hemisavoy
04-15-2011, 05:33 PM
A painting I finished today.
"Dark Jug with Brass Pitcher".
11'x14", oil on prepared panel.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2011/68418-darkjugwithbrasspitcherwc.jpg

Larry

carolkay
04-15-2011, 05:42 PM
ooohhhh wow wow wow Larry this is awesome.I just love that light coming down on those leaves ! I see you changed up the perspective.This is another great one !!!

chiriacdc
04-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Wonderful work! The grape is fantastic...the light... everything!

aspenman
04-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Beautiful work - a classic example of lights and darks - shadows and highlights-perfection to be sure. BRAVO!!!

mtnrunner
04-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Nice chiaroscuro effect! Do you save the eucalyptus like I do, to use over and over again? I've got dried leaves of several different kinds.. comes in handy!

arl
04-16-2011, 03:40 AM
Beautiful set up, light, shadow and color.

Anita Murphy
04-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Larry - your work is superb! If only I had a fraction of your ability!

hemisavoy
04-17-2011, 10:26 AM
ooohhhh wow wow wow Larry this is awesome.I just love that light coming down on those leaves ! I see you changed up the perspective.This is another great one !!!

Hi Carol. Thank you. Yes, this viewpoint seemed better to me with this set up. Thank you again.

Larry

hemisavoy
04-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Wonderful work! The grape is fantastic...the light... everything!

Daniel, thank you. I appreciate your comment.

Larry

hemisavoy
04-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Beautiful work - a classic example of lights and darks - shadows and highlights-perfection to be sure. BRAVO!!!

Richard,
Thank you. I'm glad you like the painting.

Larry

hemisavoy
04-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice chiaroscuro effect! Do you save the eucalyptus like I do, to use over and over again? I've got dried leaves of several different kinds.. comes in handy!

Yes, I do save the eucalyptus. I have it literally everywhere in my studio it seems. I love to paint it. Thank you for commenting.

Larry

hemisavoy
04-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Beautiful set up, light, shadow and color.

Hi Arlene,

Thank you!

Larry

hemisavoy
04-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Larry - your work is superb! If only I had a fraction of your ability!

Thank you so much Anita. I don't know about the ability. Maybe a bit of perseverance. This particular one started out so poorly I almost stopped but labored on. Only towards the end did it begin to work a bit better, it seemed.
I remember David Leffel writing something to the effect, "if something is wrong, fix it. If that didn't fix it, wipe it off and fix it again, and again, until you get it right". Easier said than done for me much of the time.

Larry

IanArt
04-17-2011, 07:17 PM
I have been a member of this site for a couple years and this is the best painting I have seen posted by anyone. First rate work.

Ian

doubleL
04-18-2011, 05:34 AM
that looks fabulous!!! excellent work!!!

hemisavoy
04-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I have been a member of this site for a couple years and this is the best painting I have seen posted by anyone. First rate work.

Ian

What a nice comment Ian. There are many great painters here. I am proud to show my work along side everyone. I very much appreciate you looking and commenting.

Larry

hemisavoy
04-20-2011, 01:52 PM
that looks fabulous!!! excellent work!!!

Thank you!

Larry

wendtech
04-21-2011, 09:56 PM
I really enjoy the perspective, depth of color and "mystery" you have created. The near overhead source of light is a very cool effect...making a dramatic piece.

*Deirdre*
04-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Larry I'm glad I waited until my eyes were better able to appreciate the painting...in particular...this one...it's beautifully painted...your struggle doesn't show at all...the light's superb, the shadows - beautiful....well actually the whole painting is! Another one for the Hall? Please?

hemisavoy
04-22-2011, 04:59 PM
I really enjoy the perspective, depth of color and "mystery" you have created. The near overhead source of light is a very cool effect...making a dramatic piece.

I value your comments Carl. Thank you.

Larry

hemisavoy
04-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Larry I'm glad I waited until my eyes were better able to appreciate the painting...in particular...this one...it's beautifully painted...your struggle doesn't show at all...the light's superb, the shadows - beautiful....well actually the whole painting is! Another one for the Hall? Please?

Deirdre, if you think it is worthy to be in the Hall, I'd be honored. Thank you very much. I appreciate you.

Larry