PDA

View Full Version : Painting Pals

DeboraM
04-17-2011, 05:54 PM
A place to meet up with others in your area and make arrangements to meet for painting sessions, either studio or plein air to put into practice all that has been taught and learned in this fabulous webinar!

DeboraM
04-17-2011, 05:55 PM
I am from Woodstock Ontario - I would love to get together and try out this newfound knowledge.
Skill level - beginner
Medium - Watercolor, acrylics, and oils

Colorix
04-17-2011, 06:02 PM
All of you who are in Stockholm, Sweden, Europe, come flocking! Actually, we *are* two, me and Björn. Any more living nearby?

winecountry
04-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Colleen, Northern California
near Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Forestville, Sebastopol

LynnM
04-17-2011, 06:17 PM
For those who are not that familiar with Wet Canvas, I would suggest you make arrangements through the Private Message system here on Wet Canvas, rather than listing contact information in the open forum....just a safety concern. Just click on the icon for the person you want to contact and you can select to send them a PM. You can then alert them that you have done so in the forum.

jakstudio
04-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi; I live in suburban Chicago and would like to meet some painting pals around the area.

phishnet1
04-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi; Anyone from North County San Diego who would like to plein air paint with a partner(s)?
Carlsbad, Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos, Escondido?

dcorc
04-17-2011, 07:14 PM
As Moderator

For those who are not that familiar with Wet Canvas, I would suggest you make arrangements through the Private Message system here on Wet Canvas, rather than listing contact information in the open forum....just a safety concern. Just click on the icon for the person you want to contact and you can select to send them a PM. You can then alert them that you have done so in the forum.

Quoted for emphasis.

Do NOT post detailed address or contact information on the public board.

I would also point out that the rest of wetcanvas still exists, with many thousands of active members, a large number of whom are prepared to teach, advise, and share their knowledge freely on the forums here.

Dave

robertsloan2
04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Russellville, Arkansas - message me if you have a car and live close enough to drive over and get me.

I would love to paint plein air but can't stay on my feet long or walk very far, so if you are a non-hiking painter for any reason and don't mind setting up right where we park - I would be thrilled!

My location's on my profile in general, message me if you're interested. Just posting location isn't going to be too much. Good point about the contact information, LynnM. My family prefers privacy and so I don't give out the address unless I know the person.

brookstream
04-17-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm in Nashville, TN and would love to paint with someone in Europe. Just send me a round trip ticket and I'll be right over! :D

BumpaBob
04-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Our schoolmates are spread out all over! This is great! I am in a small town in central Mass, called Athol.... and it is pronounced just like you think! Ath- has the A-sound just like the word 'at', while -thol rhymes with y'all. There was an old joke told back in the '60's about our baldheaded Gov. Endicott Peabody: there are three towns here in Mass named for the gov'nah: Peabody, Marblehead and Athol.
I'll be watching for other nearby posters here on the list. Had a blast participating in this course. Thanks to all. bob.c

tennisqueen
04-17-2011, 09:54 PM
I am in South florida.....Loved to get together to paint!!

Nahant
04-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Our schoolmates are spread out all over! This is great! I am in a small town in central Mass, called Athol.... and it is pronounced just like you think! Ath- has the A-sound just like the word 'at', while -thol rhymes with y'all. There was an old joke told back in the '60's about our baldheaded Gov. Endicott Peabody: there are three towns here in Mass named for the gov'nah: Peabody, Marblehead and Athol.
I'll be watching for other nearby posters here on the list. Had a blast participating in this course. Thanks to all. bob.c

I love it, Bob. I'm originally from "Mef'fid"...ten miles north of Bawstin. In south-central PA now. Too bad.

Betty

hewill4giveu
04-17-2011, 11:23 PM
I live in Cheyenne Wyoming . I know we have 2 others who live here and another who isnt very far away. Anymore i have a place for us to gather if there is?

R Leon
04-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Northern California - Bay Area - San Francisco, Pacifica, Half Moon Bay, on the coastside of the Penninsula. We have some great ocean views and many many hiking trails.

Yorky
04-18-2011, 03:53 AM
If you guys put a little more information in your profile, City, State etc you could find each other by doing an advanced search of the Member Directory for location "Chicago" for example.

I was concerned about members posting email addresses and phone numbers in the chat line of Johannes' webinar last evening. This lays you open to all sorts of web abuse.

Any personal emails and addresses posted in open forum are usually deleted by the moderators for safety reasons.

Go to MyWC top left and Edit Profile to add your town and state. Then you can search the Member Directory (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/memberlist.php) - search/advanced search/location - to find other members in your area and exchange details by pm.

Doug

Stephanie_Draws
04-18-2011, 06:48 AM
I'm so envying you people from US and Canada, so many participants there....

I'm in Germany, between Niedersachsen/Lower Saxony and Nordrhein-Westfalen/Northrhine-Westphalia. If by some insane stroke of luck (hey, it could happen! I was stunned to find a regional group for NaNoWriMo last year, so maybe I'll be lucky again?) the region is Osnabrücker Land/Tecklenburger Land. Contact me via Profile or PM.

DonaldRae
04-18-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm in Sackville, Nova Scotia, and would love to plein air paint with other artist from this area , actually I'm going to the Gaelic College to plein air paint with other artist in June!
Any takers ?

Cheers, Rae

Rosemarie
04-18-2011, 01:39 PM
All of you who are in Stockholm, Sweden, Europe, come flocking! Actually, we *are* two, me and Björn. Any more living nearby?
Hi!
Compaired to other Pals I don't live too far away. I live in Skåne on the boarder to Österlen and Denmark.

Yorky
04-18-2011, 01:45 PM
There are 108 members listed from Denmark.

Doug

Rosemarie
04-18-2011, 01:53 PM

Doug

Wow, I was not aware of this. Hopefully one or two makes themselves known here.:wave:

Sunny7
04-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi, I live between Bowling Green and Hopkinsville KY, just north of Clarksville TN, and would love to connect with other Plein Air painters!

BumpaBob
04-18-2011, 02:17 PM
I love it, Bob. I'm originally from "Mef'fid"...ten miles north of Bawstin. In south-central PA now. Too bad.

Betty

Hi Betty:
My family moved from Kalamazoo MI to SOUTH Ashburnham Mass in 1955, and we used to drive down to the ocean at Nahant. We drove thru Medfid regularly, and we used to wonder what was out there on Egg Rock off the Nahant beach.
Where are you in PA? My dad's family were PA Dutch from Lykens Twp north of Harrisburg and we have been there often. Some of the farms and barns in the Lykens valley make wonderful painting subjects. The Palatinate Germans who settled there must have felt at home, as it looks so much like the Rhine valley back home. bob.c

distantriver
04-18-2011, 03:57 PM

Doug
Doug, where did you find this info? It would be easy to connect up if we already knew where people were.

bjornjo
04-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Doug, where did you find this info? It would be easy to connect up if we already knew where people were.

im not Doug but goto http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/memberlist.php?do=search

CatinVT
04-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Hi -
I'm in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
Cathy

yelmianka
04-18-2011, 10:31 PM
I live in Washington State, West part of it. Would love to talk about (meet) a person, who loves art, painting, and attended Johannes Vloothius webinar.

brookstream
04-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi, I live between Bowling Green and Hopkinsville KY, just north of Clarksville TN, and would love to connect with other Plein Air painters!

Sunny,

I hear Nashville has a great PA group that meets on weekends...just google "Nashville Plein Air"

Dwayne

jtburton
04-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Huntsville Alabama area for me. I'd love to hear from someone in the area.

LLeone
04-18-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm from the Yukon, but also spend time in Vancouver and Abbotsford, BC as well as in Thunder Bay ON. I'd love to connect with others in any of these spots.

yelmianka
04-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Washington State, between Seattle/Tacoma and Olympia. A painting pal is a great idea! I'd love to have somebody to share my experiences and struggles with!

Yorky
04-19-2011, 03:01 AM

See post#16 above for how to search the Memebrs Directory (found in Member Services at the top of the page).

Just put in the location required, leave the rest blank.

Doug

Sunny7
04-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Sunny,

I hear Nashville has a great PA group that meets on weekends...just google "Nashville Plein Air"

Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne, I'll try that!

flowergirl
04-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone! I'm from Chester, Vermont (about midway up the state in the Connecticut River Valley.:wave:

Sharon

Colorix
04-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi!
Compaired to other Pals I don't live too far away. I live in Skåne on the boarder to Österlen and Denmark.

Hi Rosemarie, that is close! Only 8 hours or so by car... :-) Björn is on the other side of the town from me, and we have met. I used to be down on Österlen a lot, close to Skillinge. Very beautiful down there, I miss Skåne.

Yes, you can search by country, and there are a handful of Swedes registered on WC. Not many active, though.

SalzburgBJ
04-19-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm in Salzburg Austria. A work colleague paints acrylic abstracts, but not oil landscapes -- oh well, so much for that....

To R Leon (post #15): I'd sure like to paint with you -- you're in my favorite part of the world, where I HOPE to retire (& paint!) someday...
Enjoy, all!

CatinVT
04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi everyone! I'm from Chester, Vermont (about midway up the state in the Connecticut River Valley.:wave:

Sharon

Hi Sharon -
I'm outside of Danville, VT. In the Northeast Kingdom :wave:
Cathy

kittierue
04-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Raleigh/Wake Forest area of North Carolina here! Would love to meet up.

firesignart
04-24-2011, 03:18 PM
All Welcome to paint up here on beautiful Quadra Island. We host the International Plein Air Painters Great Worldwide Paint Out (http://ipap.homestead.com/) (http://ipap.homestead.com/) the 2nd weekend in Sept each year and I love to go out painting with others. I also host various workshops here in my studio!

m50paul
04-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi,

I am new to art and painting..... I am from Mass just north of Boston and about 30 minutes from Rockport.....

Paul

Sallyabc
04-29-2011, 01:28 PM
I live in Northern Alberta (Peace River) and would love to have a painting buddy. I mostly do arcylics and would love to do oils. I have yet to do. I took Johannas landscape course and loved it.

Pinklady219
05-02-2011, 01:12 AM
:clap: Hi fellow students. I miss my classes don't you??? I have received an artist's newsletter for quite some time but really never got into it until I sat and listened to Johannes' teachings. (He has done so much for my understanding of art) Here is a link to an article that further explains values and their importance. It feels so good to understand now!! Thank you Johannes. This link puts some cement to my learning.
http://faso.com/fineartviews/10676/add-value-to-your-paintings

:crossfingers: Good luck guys :grouphug: ! Carol

Isaac M.M.
05-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Here Trieste, Italy! :D seems like Salzburg is the nearer one from this thread :) But if somebody is visiting Venice, let me know too!

charleyz
05-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Hi, I'm in Wilmington, DE -- not far from Philadelphia, PA. Would love to get together with other fans of water media. Skill level: intermediate.

Globrightly
07-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone, I live in a small town on the Idaho/Wyoming boarder. I love painting and my favorite medium is oils but I also work with acrylics and pencil/colored pencil art as well. Would love to chat with others. I have a couple pieces of my work in my thread. Thank you for your time.

Glo

zentyme1
07-14-2011, 03:18 PM
:clap: Hi fellow students. I miss my classes don't you??? I have received an artist's newsletter for quite some time but really never got into it until I sat and listened to Johannes' teachings. (He has done so much for my understanding of art) Here is a link to an article that further explains values and their importance. It feels so good to understand now!! Thank you Johannes. This link puts some cement to my learning.
http://faso.com/fineartviews/10676/add-value-to-your-paintings

:crossfingers: Good luck guys :grouphug: ! Carol

Thanks for the great link on 'Value' Pinklady and actually, I've been meaning to say Thank you to ALL the Members who take the time to share really great links with all us newbies...we really do appreciate them!
Have a great day guys,
Cindy :rolleyes:

winecountry
07-15-2011, 12:52 PM
thanks for the link can't wait to try it out...looks so logical for quick studies.

vac911
10-12-2011, 04:04 AM
I live in Arkansas, about 60 miles from Memphis.

Steve,

Greenbrier33
10-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Frankfurt, Germany.

Anyone else here?

PixelKoi
10-12-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm from Toronto, Ontario! Would love to get together for plein air!
We have a plain air meetup group in Toronto but they paint on Saturdays and that's the only day i cant do.

Zena
10-12-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm in Hamilton,Ontario,Canada,hugz,Jan

thegrindre
10-31-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm brand new to this whole hobby but am dabbling in oils and live in Arkansas, 10 miles north of Little Rock, right by the Air Force Base.

pastelmimigt
10-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Spanish Fort, Alabama.

Michele
:cat:

painter 55
11-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Hello. I live in Clearwater, FL. I took the Painting Landscapes from Photos with Johannes earlier this year and bought all videos. Then I took his 'Buildings' course and the 'Mountains' course. He is an excellent teacher. Sorry to say I am not in on his 'trees' class. I do want to share something I came across today--a small Holiday 2011 catalog from Cheap Joe's Art Stuff. For those interested in the "interactive" acrylics Johannes uses, there seems to be a very good buy on it. Happy painting.

Pinklady219
11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Thank you so much Painter 55. I will be needing more very soon and will order from Cheap Joe's.
I came across a free Plein Air Painting Techniques entitled "18 Tips for Outdoor Painting." Go to www.ArtistDaily.com/PleinAirPainting. I downloaded mine today and will get to read it tonight. Every little bit of info found is a good thing. Happy painting everyone. Carol :)

jeanetteg
11-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi does anyone know where Johannes and everyone was chatting after the class today. I never could find it. I must be about the dumbist one about computers. Was it part of the webinator or a separate thread. I could hear Johannes but not see any of the chat. Jeanette

sherrysherman
11-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi does anyone know where Johannes and everyone was chatting after the class today. I never could find it. I must be about the dumbist one about computers. Was it part of the webinator or a separate thread. I could hear Johannes but not see any of the chat. Jeanette

If you could hear Johannes, you were in the right place. People were still typing in comments and questions in the Control Panel. He was reading and responding out loud to those written comments. No one, including Johannes, could hear anyone except him, and only Johannes could see comments (no one could read anyone else's comments). Johannes was addressing people by name because on HIS screen, he can see the names of the people typing comments and questions. If you've been doing these for a while, you get used to it. :)

jeanetteg
11-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks Sherry, I will know next time. Don't know if I will be able to watch next Sat. as I'm having back surgery on Tuesday. I might have to watch the streaming one.

mBluebear
01-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi all,
I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I would love to have a painting buddy :clap: :D

beachlover
01-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Anyone in Pelham/South of Birmingham, Alabama?

4evrAutumn
01-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi all! :wave: I'm in So.Cal, north side of San Gabriel mtns. If you know where Mtn High sky resort is, I'm not far from there. I would love to find a painting group, classes, etc. I don't mind driving a bit to meet up, so high desert or "down the hill" as we say up here is fine. :cat:

thegrindre
10-21-2014, 04:26 AM
Thought I'd update myself.
I quit oils and have discovered watercolors, but still live by the Little Rock Air Force Base in Arkansas.

bforeman
11-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Any of you in Indianapolis area? Would be great to have a painting buddy.
:)